RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The Brag n' Boast Thread

Started by FiftyQuid, 06/01/2012, 11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kakutolives

man the neat setups in this thread give me a reminder that I nee to be more organized with my own shit. other than that, the video game store feel on
Sadler's man cave is awesome
Good Sellers (in my experience)
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

People who are just plain Awesome:
BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

blueraven

majors

Lost: /wedoca-pics/setups/large/740-img_20120604_005944.jpg
Lost: /wedoca-pics/setups/img_20120604_005937.jpg

After of week back from Animazement, I finally had a few hours to hook up all the upstairs consoles. I removed the dual-deck VCR since I have not touched it in over 5 years and it just took up room (so no requests for LD dubs!).

Top row, left-to-right: CDX, Duo, Saturn, DC, receiver, DTV convertor box
Lower row, left-to-right: LD, 2600(on top), media PC, 3x switch boxes, GC, 2x PS2s, 360.

The AV on the Duo and CDX create some aesthetic compromise. Still a rats nest in the back even after two hours of hooking up.

1 WayBack:
HomeSetup72-dscf8049.jpg
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Tatsujin

rolf, old shit again :)

p1070436.jpg
msx2hbf1.jpg
3d0.jpg
p1100743v.jpg
sgfxcomplete.jpg
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

PunkCryborg

man I've seen those pics so many times

Tatsujin

that's because they're always the same :lol:
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

blueraven

It is a constant thing; like dark matter in the universe or a twinkie that never molds.

turbokon

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/04/2012, 11:54 AMthat's because they're always the same :lol:
And it's still awesome each time:)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

OrangeArmy

Great pictures everyone! I love seeing other collections and gaming setups.

I don't think this link to my collection album on another website is against site rules but appologies if it is (it's a fantastic website but there's very little NEC love there). I can't be bothered to set up a Imageshack account.

cheapassgamer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=8135
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/gallery/album/7811-2012-collection-update/
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/gallery/album/7622-collection2/
IMG
IMG

One cool thing of note is that the wonderful Adventure Island/ Wonder Boy explainer thread here at pcenginefx showed me I could substitue Wonder Boy in Monster World on the Genesis for Dynastic Hero. I wonder if this knowledge will impact the price of WBiMW in the long term - I found my copy on ebay for about $20 only seconds after reading that thread.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/04/2012, 10:07 AMrolf, old shit again :)
/msx2hbf1.jpg
who the fuck brags about a vanilla HB-F1.

I got an XV, and sold my XDJ to Opey.

2+ OR GTFOFOFO

plus, MSX Turbo R FSA1-GT.

sluts.

ill take pics and post them eventually.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

VestCunt

It's clear that Turbografx gamers are moving into their thirties and getting their shit together. It's also clear that Tats has too much stuff.  :wink:

Here are a few shots of what I have out and about.
IMG
Speakers: 32x, SGX
Top: TG16 w/TurboBooster Plus (output is +12dB louder and a lot more bass than my re-capped Duo), 3DO FZ-10
Middle: N64, SMS2, SNES, DVD player
Bottom: XBOX (for D+D Heroes and 40GB hard drive emulator ONLY!), Turbo Duo, NES, VCR

IMG
check out those NES RPGs!

IMG
And the Dungeons & Dragons shelf.

IMG
fuck boxes

IMG
Topic Adjourned.

CrackTiger

I have these two paintings, which were used in the packaging of Mysterious Song-

IMG
IMG

IMG
IMG
IMG
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SignOfZeta

IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 06/04/2012, 07:05 PMIt's clear that Turbografx gamers are moving into their thirties and getting their shit together.
Into their 30's eh?  Does 38 count?  :)

I really like your setup vestcunt.  That D&D shelf increases your sex appeal by +1.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 06/04/2012, 02:09 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/04/2012, 10:07 AMrolf, old shit again :)
/msx2hbf1.jpg
who the fuck brags about a vanilla HB-F1.

I got an XV, and sold my XDJ to Opey.

2+ OR GTFOFOFO

plus, MSX Turbo R FSA1-GT.

sluts.

ill take pics and post them eventually.
lol, I don't brag about my lil' hitobito tsuu :)

it just happened that it fell into my lap, with a dozen games in top :)

PikachuWarrior

VestCunt, I have that same RCA tv. Had anyway. I think it had s-video as the highest video input. Weighed a ton. When I switched to an hdtv, I sold it for $100 to someone else in 2009.
IMG

turbokon

Looking nice guys. I'm going to build a 12 cube custom shelves to hold all my concoles. Hopefully 12 is enough :) Got my materials and ready to start. Hopefully I'll get it done by this weekend. Can't wait to show it to you guys!!

www.tg16pcemods.com

VestCunt

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 06/05/2012, 04:46 PMVestCoat, I have that same RCA tv. Had anyway. I think it had s-video as the highest video input. Weighed a ton. When I switched to an hdtv, I sold it for $100 to someone else in 2009.
I s-video the shit out of my 3DO and DVD player.

Quote from: turbokon on 06/05/2012, 04:56 PMLooking nice guys. I'm going to build a 12 cube custom shelves to hold all my concoles. Hopefully 12 is enough:) Got my materials and ready to start. Hopefully I'll get it done by this weekend. Can't wait to show it to you guys!!
A TurboGrafx or Duo will only squeeze into a twelve-inch cube if you have a Turbobooster or mod to put the AV out on the back of the unit; otherwise it sticks out and you need more room on the side. 
Topic Adjourned.

SMF

Dam looks like I gotta get busy finishing up my gameroom. Hard to do when you have no free time what so ever. But never fear I hope to have it completed sometime this summer.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

turbokon

Quote from: VestCunt on 06/05/2012, 06:36 PM
Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 06/05/2012, 04:46 PMVestCunt, I have that same RCA tv. Had anyway. I think it had s-video as the highest video input. Weighed a ton. When I switched to an hdtv, I sold it for $100 to someone else in 2009.
Quote from: turbokon on 06/05/2012, 04:56 PMLooking nice guys. I'm going to build a 12 cube custom shelves to hold all my concoles. Hopefully 12 is enough :) Got my materials and ready to start. Hopefully I'll get it done by this weekend. Can't wait to show it to you guys!!
A TurboGrafx or Duo will only squeeze into a twelve-inch cube if you have a Turbobooster or mod to put the AV out on the back of the unit; otherwise it sticks out and you need more room on the side. 
Here is what I meant 12 cubes shelve. First furniture I ever attempted. Just need to paint. Debating whether or not I should put a backing.

superkon316/c38ea2a8.jpg

www.tg16pcemods.com

Jugbug

Nice work on the shelves.  I need something like that one of these days... a pile of systems lacks that organized look.

Samurai Ghost

Nice looking shelves!! I wanna make some like that for myself one day eventually.
Putting a backing on them with holes or slots for the cables would look a lot cleaner but would be a bit harder when you are setting up the systems. Then again, once you get everything set up you'll probably never touch it so I say get a back on those! Then you won't have to stare at a mess of cables every time you play games.

cabbage

Very nice shelves, turbokon. You must be very handy (or maybe just very motivated)
Do share pics once you've got it all filled with stuff!

roflmao

Looks great!  I like the open back.  Maybe you could attach some sort of tubing along the back to wrangle all the cords.

SuperPlay

Some pics of my collection:

tg1.jpg
capture02evw.jpg
capture01iv.jpg
capture04y.jpg
capture03q.jpg
capture05g.jpg

Nando

Quote from: turbokon on 06/09/2012, 02:38 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/05/2012, 06:36 PM
Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 06/05/2012, 04:46 PMVestCunt, I have that same RCA tv. Had anyway. I think it had s-video as the highest video input. Weighed a ton. When I switched to an hdtv, I sold it for $100 to someone else in 2009.

Quote from: turbokon on 06/05/2012, 04:56 PMLooking nice guys. I'm going to build a 12 cube custom shelves to hold all my concoles. Hopefully 12 is enough:) Got my materials and ready to start. Hopefully I'll get it done by this weekend. Can't wait to show it to you guys!!
VestCunt, here is what I meant 12 cubes shelve. First furniture I ever attempted. Just need to paint. Debating whether or not I should put a backing.
superkon316/c38ea2a8.jpg
DON'T PAINT!! Stain and varnish! Awesome job man! looks great

Bernie

I agree with Nando.  Paint bad....Stain good...

PunkCryborg

city41

Here is my game collection, minus the smidge of modern games I have elsewhere:

IMG

The most interesting part is probably the complete Euro NGPC set.

turbokon

www.tg16pcemods.com

SMF

Quote from: turbokon on 06/09/2012, 01:44 PM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 06/09/2012, 11:24 AMIMG
Nice, did she came with the car ?
I'm the complete opposite, Get that dam woman off the car lol

PunkCryborg

Samurai Ghost

Awesome collection city41!!

Nando

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

DrBread

My whole gaming collection, it's not too big but I've watched it grow :)

IMG
IMG
IMG
I really like video games...

Bernie

Quote from: DrBread on 06/09/2012, 06:50 PMMy whole gaming collection, it's not too big but I've watched it grow :)

IMG
IMG
IMG
Oh itsa gonna grow.  Joining here has those kind of side effects.  lol

Colossus1574

Quote from: Bernie on 06/09/2012, 10:51 AMI agree with Nando.  Paint bad....Stain good...
Agree with Nando and Bernie  :mrgreen:
Or you can do a combination which i did for my movie/game shelf...Paint for the main 4 boards (top, bottom, left, right) and stain the inner racks.
Word of advice though, try to get all your brush strokes in the same direction, this will give it a nice wood grain look  :dance:, unfortunately could be tricky unless u can remove those inner racks for easier access. I'll see if i can dig up some pics...

FiftyQuid

The shelving looks awesome!  I would go with a backing.  Seeing all the cables hanging down will drive you nuts.  Especially if you have painted white walls.  Not to mention you'll have a crapload of power bars at the bottom so you'll be able to see all the massive AC adapters.  I have serious OCD when it comes to cabling, so me I would put a backing on (with holes drilled for cabling) and I'd still end up tie-wrapping all the cabling to keep it neat.  If I had 12 consoles I'd probably add some P-Touch labelling too just in case I had to unplug something specific in the future.

@SuperPlay - Are those IKEA shelving/cabinets?  They are pretty sweet looking.

Some excellent collections being posted here.  I'm more envious with every post.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

SuperPlay

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/10/2012, 12:04 AMThe shelving looks awesome!  I would go with a backing.  Seeing all the cables hanging down will drive you nuts.  Especially if you have painted white walls.  Not to mention you'll have a crapload of power bars at the bottom so you'll be able to see all the massive AC adapters.  I have serious OCD when it comes to cabling, so me I would put a backing on (with holes drilled for cabling) and I'd still end up tie-wrapping all the cabling to keep it neat.  If I had 12 consoles I'd probably add some P-Touch labelling too just in case I had to unplug something specific in the future.

@SuperPlay - Are those IKEA shelving/cabinets?  They are pretty sweet looking.

Some excellent collections being posted here.  I'm more envious with every post.
Nice work turbokon :@) love the shelving unit that you have made.

FiftyQuid:  I picked up the cabinets from Argos here in the UK (Around £45 each).  Unfortunately I do not think that they stock them any more :-(  On a side note I have lined the inside of the doors with brown paper as these face a window and I wanted to reduce spine fading due to Sun-fade.

turbokon

Thanks guys. I'm painting it black to match the rest of my office decor. I made it adjustable. I'm going to try it without a backing and see how it will look. Seeing you guys pictures of your setup is my motivation:)

www.tg16pcemods.com

Bernie

I may contribute to this thread.  :)  Gotta organize it first.

SMF

I plan on posting pics of my gaming room once i figure out how to set everything up.

CPTRAVE

Amazing set up from everyone, I feel I need to start collecting. Time for my wife to get a job but every where she applies its  [-( from places. I need to start looking at garage sales.

Colossus1574

Quote from: Bernie on 06/10/2012, 06:09 PMI may contribute to this thread.  :)  Gotta organize it first.
Quote from: SMF on 06/10/2012, 06:20 PMI plan on posting pics of my gaming room once i figure out how to set everything up.
It's ok guys, just think how nice it'll look to see some before/after shots  :dance:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=B225E9CE065DDB93!221&authkey=!AKRLh6R1tf15iLM
So ya, here's the 2 tone paint job (stain + dark brown) i did for my movie/game shelf. There's also this nice spinner rack i bought at Zellers or The Bay for DVD sized games...dunno why the hell Sega chose the size they did for their Saturn cases  ](*,) and yes...that's StreetFighter: The Movie for Saturn  :mrgreen: My PCE stuff is kinda scattered in 3 different rooms of the house...so ya will have to take a shot when i get it together.

Tatsujin

Quote from: CPTRAVE on 06/10/2012, 06:50 PMAmazing set up from everyone, I feel I need to start collecting. Time for my wife to get a job but every where she applies its  [-( from places.
Lol, does your wivey need to finance your future collections or what?

CPTRAVE

Yeah, she is the smart one in the house. :P

Tatsujin

turbokon

I'm glad I make the money or else I wouldn't be able to afford this hobby because my wife still doesnt know what she want to go school for.

www.tg16pcemods.com

NightWolve