@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ji-L87

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 06/20/2012, 11:10 AM
Quote from: turbokon on 06/20/2012, 10:38 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/19/2012, 10:34 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/19/2012, 09:06 PMHe bought one of the two I told you about. ;)
I need to figure out how to buy stuff in Japan.  Seems like it would make A.) my life easier and B.) my life cheaper.
Me too! What's a good english website to buy stuff from japan without having to go through eBay??
Rakuten, Game of Japan, Japan Game Stock
All of those, and then there's the Segagaga Domain Store if you want to buy Saturn games.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Nando

Quote from: Opethian on 06/19/2012, 08:05 PMIMG
coming soon...Dr Paolo! but for now this will do
I have to bug Rob to let me play that some time soon :D

JapanTokei

You did damn good.  Terra goes hits 100 by itself at times already.
Bonks revenge has gotten more desirable too.  Im still after a minty copy myself.
Quote from: guest on 06/18/2012, 02:01 PMPicked up nice, complete copies of Terra Cresta II, Dead Moon, and Bonk's Revenge (all PCE versions) for $112 shipped.  Did I do alright or do I need to turn in my F@CK EBAY card?

SuperDeadite

Managed to get the massive full on SX-Window 3.0 System Kit for a very cheap price.  And even cooler, when I opened it, it also contained a full original set of SX-Window 3.1 (the last and greatest version) as well!  Making a great deal, and amazing lucky find.  The box for this thing is insanely big though lol.

IMG
IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Mathius

Is that some kind of OS? I notice that Hudson Soft played a part.

SuperDeadite

Yes, it's a windows like OS for X68k computers.  Hudson created Human68k (like DOS), while Axis created SX-Window, which is a shell that runs on top of Human.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/21/2012, 11:21 AMYes, it's a windows like OS for X68k computers.  Hudson created Human68k (like DOS), while Axis created SX-Window, which is a shell that runs on top of Human.
It's like GEM for DOS if anyone remembers it.
--DragonmasterDan

SuperPlay

I remember GEM, showing my age now ;-) LOL

Opethian

didnt someone hack Win95 to run on the X68030?
IMG

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Opethian on 06/21/2012, 05:38 PMdidnt someone hack Win95 to run on the X68030?
Haven't heard of that myself.  But Sharp did officially license and release an X68k version of OS-9.

Nando

IMG

Helping the X68K fund and my collection :D

JapanTokei

Guys, this is off-tangent but since I'm looking to buy a TV soon, prob can get by to put in what did I buy here. 
I;m 90% moving back to Tokyo soon!.. if I bring my US HDTV, can I still watch the new JP standard digital broadcasts or would I need to get some special JP set-top box?  Deadite - you seem to be the master at these A/V stuff... anything I should know about?

SuperDeadite

Sorry total garbage shit like LCDs are somthing I ignore.  They are shit plain and simple.  If you come back here and want HD, just get a Sony Trinitron HD-CRT.  LCDs are a cancer that need to be cleansed.

NecroPhile

The boxed CG showed up yesterday.  Thanks, Tokei!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Opethian

IMG

Sparky

Nice ope!!! And nice to see your getting some use out of the Xbox as a display table :P

For me I picked up this last week, I thought it was a transformer at first but a working cassette deck was what I got. Model number PK-3 from 1985 and its in amazing shape. Now to find my first cassette.... Van Halen 1984 :)

IMG

Mathius

Nice, Sparky! The song Jump(1984) always transports me back to the mid 80s. It's made of pure nostalgia.

PunkCryborg

Man I love it Sparky! I always have my eyes peeled for 80s walkman when I'm out. Some of them are very collectable and sought after!

Samurai Ghost

Man, that is one radical walkman!! Seems pretty compact too. My old walkman I had as a kid was gigantic and heavy. Then I got a kool-aide walkman from saving up kool-aide points but it was really cheap quality...

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

dingsbums

@ ope
I'm looking for Sol Moonarge like forever  :P - Congrats.

on topic

PCE
IMG

PCE box games
IMG

other games
IMG

PS1
IMG

PS1 opened
IMG

Arcade PCB
IMG

it's this game  :D
IMG

Mega CD2
IMG

it's with a Multi BIOS Mod  :dance:
IMG

MOTU
IMG
IMG

Mathius

I'd give my left nut for that Namco collection box set.

Tatsujin

Quote from: Mathius on 06/23/2012, 09:26 AMI'd give my left nut for that Namco collection box set.
accepted :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

JapanTokei

nice sexy mints.  Sol is a great RPG.  enjoy it. 

how is that Dragon Knight & Grafitti?  I've been after a minty one like that for a while now..

Quote from: Opethian on 06/22/2012, 08:34 PMIMG
some obey came my way

TheClash603

I was jealous looking at the other He-Man stuff, so I got this at the flea market today.

/img6506h.jpg

**EDIT**
SHIT!  I knew something was wrong and this castle seemed smaller and was missing something...   this is new Castle Grayskull.

Throwing it in the garbage!  Worst $2 I ever spent.

Amadeusama

June so far ...
Bottom right is for Win95-XP @640x480res  :? (Still got an XP-partition on my iMac, used for gaming sometimes.)

/buys201206.jpg
So I actually bought me a book on Mahjong ...

Opethian

I loved Izo great film not one of Miike's best but nothign could be worse than Andromedia lol
IMG

PikachuWarrior

Picked this up for $35 from Half Price Books. I believe he also did illustrations for Ghost in the Shell and Appleseed, among other ones. It's a 2 disc cdrom that has various sketches/drawings, a mousepad, and instruction manual in the front inside flap.

/img20120624173638.jpg
IMG

Sparky

Quote from: Amadeusama on 06/24/2012, 10:52 AMJune so far ...
Bottom right is for Win95-XP @640x480res  :? (Still got an XP-partition on my iMac, used for gaming sometimes.)

IMG
That Shawn of the dead: self defense looks interesting... Could you let me know how it is :)

Bernie

Its terrible Sparky..  I hated it.  But, that is my opinion...

SuperDeadite

A long time dream come true.  Original Japanese Riot loke-test/proto pcb.  This game was cancelled after the loke-test and was never released in Japan.  (It was sold commercially in Europe though).

IMG

IMG

Tatsujin

hoobs88

IMG
A case of the newest Mountain Dew Flavor!

These arrived on Friday but I didn't have time to photograph them until today:

IMG
Thank you Bartre for the awesome job on the repro cartridge of Castlevania: Blood Moon  =D&gt;

IMG
Cave Story 3D
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Opethian

anything new in Cave Story 3d? or is it just 3d now? heh
IMG

hoobs88

Quote from: Opethian on 06/25/2012, 06:45 AManything new in Cave Story 3d? or is it just 3d now? heh
Quote from: Opethian on 06/25/2012, 06:45 AManything new in Cave Story 3d? or is it just 3d now? heh
I was hoping it would be a new adventure but so far it appears to be the same game just in 3D.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Amadeusama

Quote from: guest on 06/24/2012, 06:52 PMThat Shawn of the dead: self defense looks interesting... Could you let me know how it is :)
Well I just sat through it, and it was a real meh!-experience. :(
"Zombie self defense force" was nothing like "Shaun of the dead", really. It was not scary, it was not good, and it wasn't even funny, this side of a single good joke in the whole thing.
They had obviously no budget beyond lunch for the crew, and sadly they don't act it quite badly enough to be fun.

I've been spoon-fed with really bad flicks like this in the eighties, so I could sit through it, and not "want my money back", yet I doubt I'll ever watch it again.

"Izo" on the other hand rocked!
Took me a few minutes to get into the film, but once I understood what it was about, I felt this movie had been made with me personally in mind. Great thing, truthing all the way, great inescapable nihilistic anger-fest. Add to that the fact that it guest-stars every other Japanese movie star out there.

"Ashura" I liked way more than I thought I would. The ending was stretched and broke with the mood of the whole movie, but I really liked the leading male actor's performance. The guy came from theater/musical stage background and had never been in a movie before. He completely ignored the camera, and played to an imaginary audience instead, and the director got that to actually work in this film. Remarkable. 

EDIT:

Oh, and as of the PCE games I bought:

CD Battle was a real let-down. I didn't expect it to be much of a game in the first place, as I knew its background as barcode battler rip-off. But the randomly generated characters don't make any sense. You get characters with so few HPs, they almost die all by themselves, without the enemy side having to do much. Sometimes you get characters generated that have awesome spells, but they are randomly generated to not have enough MPs to actually cast these... How dumb is that?!
Plus, I went through like maybe 20 audio CDs, and I only got a "hidden" character out of one of them. :(

Avoid this "game".
So I actually bought me a book on Mahjong ...

munchiaz

Here are my recent pick ups. the Gunpey, cookie and cream, and meteos were found at good will.

IMG

SMF

Quote from: munchiaz on 06/26/2012, 12:10 AMHere are my recent pick ups. the Gunpey, cookie and cream, and meteos were found at good will.

IMG
I love DKC Returns, They need to make more. Also How is Lollipop Chainsaw? Ive heard mixed reviews on it. Some say the controls are odd and some say the games to short and the bosses too easy. Ill prolly pick it up buy when its used in a year.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

munchiaz

Quote from: SMF on 06/26/2012, 12:25 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 06/26/2012, 12:10 AMHere are my recent pick ups. the Gunpey, cookie and cream, and meteos were found at good will.

IMG
I love DKC Returns, They need to make more. Also How is Lollipop Chainsaw? Ive heard mixed reviews on it. Some say the controls are odd and some say the games to short and the bosses too easy. Ill prolly pick it up buy when its used in a year.
I really like Suda 51. Thats why i got it. I enjoy it. I think the controls are fine. Im not really to far yet though. I say if you arent really a big fan of suda 51 games (killer 7 no more heroes) then wait until its cheaper. Also im sad about this but im returning the DKC tomorrow to the game store. my girl bought it used for me and they charged her $40 for it. Which is way over priced for a used copy of the game.

nectarsis

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/19/2012, 03:43 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 06/18/2012, 11:51 PMI think I am going to pick up the PS3 version just so I can play the MSX originals.
To be honest the versions included with the PS2 and PS3 releases are not the MSX originals. 
They are actually ports of the cellphone versions.  Same game, but they use new character portraits
instead of what's on MSX.
The Vita version shows the MSX load up screen when they start.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

SuperDeadite

Well I can't speak for the Vita as I haven't bothered to check, but the ps2/3 ones were the cell phone version.  And yes the cell phone versions had the MSX bios screen as well. :)  The games are pretty much the same, differences being the character portraits.

Colossus1574

Quote from: Mathius on 06/22/2012, 11:50 PMNice, Sparky! The song Jump(1984) always transports me back to the mid 80s. It's made of pure nostalgia.
just saw them back in May....man Eddie still ROCKS on that guitar!!! Lee Roth doesnt rock so much on the mic...

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/23/2012, 02:21 PMI was jealous looking at the other He-Man stuff, so I got this at the flea market today.

/img6506h.jpg

**EDIT**
SHIT!  I knew something was wrong and this castle seemed smaller and was missing something...   this is new Castle Grayskull.

Throwing it in the garbage!  Worst $2 I ever spent.
Clash, it would help if you have a Sorceress figure instead of a NES cartridge sitting there  :-" HAHAHA

Mathius

Pity. I still feel bad for not being able to attend a reunion show though.

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Lilgrafx

I wanted to buy this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lords-of-Thunder-TurboGrafx-Turbo-Duo-CD-Complete-/290732101155?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item43b0fbce23&autorefresh=true#ht_500wt_1182

But I have to use my bros paypal and when I asked him to make a bid last minute he started yelling "darkness!" and refused to buy it. He says darkness when ever I want to buy a PCE game, because for what ever reason he only wants me to get TG16 stuff. When the auction ended he looked at it and said "oh that's a turbo game, I should have bought that" Bastard

chany60126

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 06/27/2012, 11:18 PMI wanted to buy this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lords-of-Thunder-TurboGrafx-Turbo-Duo-CD-Complete-/290732101155?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item43b0fbce23&autorefresh=true#ht_500wt_1182

But I have to use my bros paypal and when I asked him to make a bid last minute he started yelling "darkness!" and refused to buy it. He says darkness when ever I want to buy a PCE game, because for what ever reason he only wants me to get TG16 stuff. When the auction ended he looked at it and said "oh that's a turbo game, I should have bought that" Bastard
$50 is isn't exactly a good deal for LOT. That game can be had for $30-35 with a little patience. But it's a great game nonetheless and definitely worthy of having in your collection.

Mathius

Quote from: chany60126 on 06/27/2012, 11:48 PM
Quote from: Lilgrafx on 06/27/2012, 11:18 PMI wanted to buy this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lords-of-Thunder-TurboGrafx-Turbo-Duo-CD-Complete-/290732101155?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item43b0fbce23&autorefresh=true#ht_500wt_1182

$50 is isn't exactly a good deal for LOT. That game can be had for $30-35 with a little patience. But it's a great game nonetheless and definitely worthy of having in your collection.
Yeah I picked up my copy brand new for $35. Patience will be your friend with this game.

Tatsujin

brand new like sealed brand new?

Tatsujin

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 06/27/2012, 11:18 PMhe started yelling "darkness!" and refused to buy it. He says darkness when ever I want to buy a PCE game, because for what ever reason he only wants me to get TG16 stuff.
what a very strange bro :-s