The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilgrafx

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/28/2012, 12:19 AM
Quote from: Lilgrafx on 06/27/2012, 11:18 PMhe started yelling "darkness!" and refused to buy it. He says darkness when ever I want to buy a PCE game, because for what ever reason he only wants me to get TG16 stuff.
what a very strange bro :-s
Hahaha he's cool he just says that because he used to have too many games on the shelf, so he decided to sell off the shitty systems like 32x and SEGA CD. When we sold all of it we just referred to worthless systems like the 32x as darkness as a joke. Don't know why he has that opinion on PCE stuff.

Samurai Ghost

Been buying tons of SEGA stuff these days. Finally opened these guys up today!
Thanks to Bartre for the repros of Alien Soldier and Battle Mania 2. They look great!

IMG

SMF

Quote from: munchiaz on 06/26/2012, 01:28 AM
Quote from: SMF on 06/26/2012, 12:25 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 06/26/2012, 12:10 AMHere are my recent pick ups. the Gunpey, cookie and cream, and meteos were found at good will.

IMG
I love DKC Returns, They need to make more. Also How is Lollipop Chainsaw? Ive heard mixed reviews on it. Some say the controls are odd and some say the games to short and the bosses too easy. Ill prolly pick it up buy when its used in a year.
I really like Suda 51. Thats why i got it. I enjoy it. I think the controls are fine. Im not really to far yet though. I say if you arent really a big fan of suda 51 games (killer 7 no more heroes) then wait until its cheaper. Also im sad about this but im returning the DKC tomorrow to the game store. my girl bought it used for me and they charged her $40 for it. Which is way over priced for a used copy of the game.
HOLY SHIT, $40 used? Yea take it back. Im sure you can find it cheaper on ebay lol.
O im a fan of Suda 51 and ive enjoyed their games. $60 not so much a fan of lol
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

SMF

Quote from: Mathius on 06/27/2012, 09:33 PMPity. I still feel bad for not being able to attend a reunion show though.
I was suppose to go to the show in Cleveland in July but um thats been postponed untill further notice. Im pissed to i got the AMEX preorder seats and had AWESOME SEATS. Crossing fingers they still come. The lady at the Q told me they didnt cancel so i can still save my seats. SO lets wait and see.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Mathius

Sparky

Quote from: Mathius on 06/28/2012, 10:20 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/28/2012, 12:18 AMbrand new like sealed brand new?
Yep! Brand new sealed. :D
speaking of brand new ... i got some Noma Moonlights for beamer :P

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 06/28/2012, 10:35 AM
HAHA! I found a leaky corridor and some fog a Walmart.

BlueBMW

Quote from: guest on 06/28/2012, 10:35 AM
Hahahhaahahahahaha!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Terminarcade

Random games/stuff that I bought recently.

IMG

nectarsis

The last piece of the puzzle falls into place :dance: :dance:

/3c8fb6be.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Tatsujin

damn, then this was a hell of a cheapy then :)

I have seen sealed WoTs for like 70~80 bucks here.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

PunkCryborg

My recent trades/purchases! Been playing a lot of famicom and fds lately, it's really sparked my interest for NES/Fami again and I'm really enjoying replaying a lot f games I had as a kid and finding new ones that have never been released here.
/img0032800x533.jpg
/img0029800x5332.jpg

Mathius

She's a beauty, Neccler!

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/28/2012, 08:10 PM
damn, then this was a hell of a cheapy then :)

I have seen sealed WoTs for like 70~80 bucks here.
This has been a few years. 2010 maybe?

Ela, nice haul! What are the FDS games you picked up?

PunkCryborg

Falsion and JJ Tobidase aka 3d world runner

Mathius

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 06/28/2012, 10:22 PMFalsion and JJ Tobidase aka 3d world runner
How is Falsion? I was always curious about that game.

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 06/28/2012, 09:56 PMMy recent trades/purchases! Been playing a lot of famicom and fds lately, it's really sparked my interest for NES/Fami again and I'm really enjoying replaying a lot f games I had as a kid and finding new ones that have never been released here.
Got some good games in there, nice Soldier Blade too. There were tons of great Famicom games that never made it over to the US for whatever reason. A lot of really really really bad games never game over as well, but there were some good ones.

Also I see you have Hokuto no Ken in there. Do you have a Mark III or JP SMS or a converter for something else? I love Hokuto no Ken for the SMS but I have to say Black Belt is almost better because they kept the parallax scrolling from the first level in most of the game. Plus some other changes that make it worth owning both versions.

Tatsujin

Quote from: Mathius on 06/28/2012, 10:39 PMHow is Falsion? I was always curious about that game.
There must be something false with it :-k
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/28/2012, 11:49 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 06/28/2012, 10:39 PMHow is Falsion? I was always curious about that game.
There must be something false with it :-k
Haha!

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Terminarcade on 06/28/2012, 05:17 PMRandom games/stuff that I bought recently.

IMG
How much was that Tryrush Deppy?

Tatsujin

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 06/28/2012, 11:37 PMAlso I see you have Hokuto no Ken in there. Do you have a Mark III or JP SMS or a converter for something else? I love Hokuto no Ken for the SMS but I have to say Black Belt is almost better because they kept the parallax scrolling from the first level in most of the game. Plus some other changes that make it worth owning both versions.
I have a Japanese SMS with a US converter. I watched a good chunk of Hokuto No Ken recently and loved it, there's 3 Hokuto No Ken games in that lot actually. That's my first Mark III game though. I have a pretty decent SMS collection but would like to replace most of it with the Mark III versions over time.

IMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMG
IMG

Terminarcade

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 06/29/2012, 12:50 AM
Quote from: Terminarcade on 06/28/2012, 05:17 PMRandom games/stuff that I bought recently.

IMG
How much was that Tryrush Deppy?
I paid about 120$ for Tryrush, good price for this rare and expensive gem. Really fun side scroller/platformer exclusive on saturn. Now, Id really like to track down a copy of Super Tempo at a decent price.

roflmao

Here's what I've picked up recently.

IMG

Big thanks go out to T2KFreeker, Black Tiger and city41 for most of the OBEY.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Picked up this lot of Genesis and SNES carts today at a local used stuff store for about $75:

IMG
Sunset Riders and Lightening Force

IMG
Forgotten Worlds is the one without the title on the front.

IMG
Streets of Rage 2 is the one without the title on the front.

IMG

I couldn't believe I found both Earthbound and Final Fantasy III out in the wild.

PikachuWarrior

IMG

FiftyQuid

I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Nando

How much were the kids legs ;)

TheClash603

I was going to ask how much he paid for those feet.  Always a good idea having spare parts, I have a freezer full of human organs.

roflmao

Yeah, my boy wanted to be in the pic. :P

Sparky

Hahaha nice roflmao.

In the mail for me from Bernie :).... Thanks so much man For the trade... Huggles

IMG

Mathius

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 06/29/2012, 09:54 PMHahaha nice roflmao.

In the mail for me from Bernie :).... Thanks so much man For the trade... Huggles

IMG
Wow, it looks brand fricken new!
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Samurai Ghost

Yeah, that Shuttle is in great shape! Most of the time I see them they are scratched up pretty badly. Controller looks good too!

Sparky

Well it was Black Tigers, then Bernie's then a good trade later its back in canada again to me :).
Been wanting one of these for awhile now, sorry samurai was hoping to buy from you but I could not pass on the trade Bernie and I did.

Samurai Ghost

No problem, I don't think any of mine look quite that nice! Whatever the trade was it worth it!

turbokon

Got the LT from bluebmw the other day. Actually it's loaner. I can't believe how amazing the LCD on it is.
IMG
IMG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

roflmao

Nando

Quote from: turbokon on 06/30/2012, 04:51 PMGot the LT from bluebmw the other day. Actually it's loaner. I can't believe how amazing the LCD on it is.
IMG
IMG
Oh that's all sorts of awesome. I had no idea it could hook up to the ifu...wow

Opethian

the SCD dock is pretty damn hard to find and probably expansive if you did find it. the IFU is the cheaper way to add CD to your LT :D
IMG

BlueBMW

A few goodies arrived recently... fixed one of them, still need to fix the little one.  The XVI-HD works, and actually had a working hard drive in it!  Had to redo the power supply and clean it up a bunch.  The 68030 compact needs work, but is fixable.

/XVI_030.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Nando

IT HAS ARRIVED! lol

They look to be in decent condition as well. Very nice!

Lilgrafx

Bought SNK VS Capcom and Metal Slug: First Mission for $16 at my local store, they had like 4 NGPC boxed for $50

bob

/turbo/carts1.jpg
/turbo/kart1.jpg

Deletion

First I picked up a RAU-30 adapter with box & manual. The unit itself is in absolute mint condition and looks like it was never used. Bought it off eBay from a US seller for $50.

/20120701213rau30.jpg   /20120701212rau30.jpg

Of course then I needed a SuperGrafx. So I got one with with region and RGB mods, SCART cable, and a complete copy of Mad King Granzort from doujindance (eBay) for $200.

/20120701223sgx.jpg

Close-up shot of the region-mod switch.

/20120701209sgx.jpg

Here they are all mated together. The IFU and CD-ROM2 care of our very own Samurai Ghost (https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=5360.msg228180#msg228180).

/20120701219sgxrau30.jpg

Opethian

nice SGX! how does Aldynes look? I have always wanted to play SGX in RGB!
IMG

Deletion

I don't have Aldynes. :(  Granzort looks and plays well though. :D  I have the system hooked up via composite as I'm still looking for my first SCART converter.

Opethian

If you dont have a monitor that can take in RGB adapting it to VGA would look nice and wont require an encoder.
IMG

turbokon

Nice deletion but you cd deck could use a little whitening:)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

bob

Forgive me, but what is this thing?  What does it do for SGX?

PunkCryborg

Quote from: galam on 07/01/2012, 09:11 PMForgive me, but what is this thing?  What does it do for SGX?
It just allows you to hook up the SGX to a IFU because you cannot plug it in directly due to the shape of the SGX. The Super CD Rom though attaches to the back of a SGX which is a nice set up as well.

bob