OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deletion

Quote from: Opethian on 07/01/2012, 06:59 PMIf you dont have a monitor that can take in RGB adapting it to VGA would look nice and wont require an encoder.
Can you point me towards a good adapter?

Tatsujin

Quote from: Nando on 06/30/2012, 06:02 PMOh that's all sorts of awesome. I had no idea it could hook up to the ifu...wow
How about some "handy" sapphire, over a decade before the PSP release? :)

/pce_off_0013.jpg
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

Quote from: galam on 07/01/2012, 09:11 PMForgive me, but what is this thing?  What does it do for SGX?
lol, wasn't deletion's picture above self-explanatory enough? :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Deletion

Quote from: turbokon on 07/01/2012, 08:58 PMNice deletion but you cd deck could use a little whitening:)
I know, but I got a great deal from Samurai Ghost on the briefcase setup so I can't complain. Placed next to the bright white RAU-30 really illustrates how discolored the units have become. I'm going to try whitening the PCE and CD-ROM2 soon.

bartre

well, no camera sadly, but i just nabbed (all for good prices)
Metal Storm NES
Ninja Warriors SNES
Shining in the Darkness Gen
Golden Axe II Gen

thanks bernie for the Genny games!

Samurai Ghost

Man, awesome set up Deletion!!

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

SuperPlay

Some recent Pick-ups

/capture1kh.jpg
IMG

Tatsujin

damn, I also still need dem karaokler :)

Opethian

yea I only have volume 2 I want the others! nice!
IMG

SuperPlay

It is just a shame that I cannot read Japanese!  Singing along while making up my own lyrics is still fun ;-)

Opethian

its a crash course in hiragana :D
IMG

Frank_fjs

Awesome pick-ups Deletion!

Quick question, can you still use the RGB video output of the Super-Grafx when connected to the IFU-30? In other words, can you still game in RGB when playing a CD based game? I'm guessing you could still use the video out from the Super-Grafx and then grab audio from the IFU-30?

Nando

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/01/2012, 11:18 PM
Quote from: Nando on 06/30/2012, 06:02 PMOh that's all sorts of awesome. I had no idea it could hook up to the ifu...wow
How about some "handy" sapphire, over a decade before the PSP release? :)

/pce_off_0013.jpg
"Portable" and OH SO SEXY!!!

munchiaz

My recent pick up. Im looking for number 1 and 3 as well.

IMG

Ji-L87

Quote from: SuperPlay on 07/02/2012, 07:11 AMSome recent Pick-ups

/capture1kh.jpg
IMG
YES.  =P~

I picked up a used Denon AVR 1601 . Hopefully I will be able to find some speakers and integrate this bad boy into my planned computer setup later this summer. Not looking for anything fancy but hopefully then I can say good bye to my Creative franken 3.1 setup. (Supposed to be 5.1 but I don't need those two back speakers, and the 'woofer is from a lower model since the better one just stopped working).
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

nectarsis

munchiaz  LOVE the Etrian series....addictive, with SUPERB music

I received an email from someone earlier today from a different forum, he's moving and REALLY paring down what he has.  We've done some trades and what not, cool cat and all but this floored me.

Four professionally matted/color matched/framed posters, plus all the extras.......for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon  UK Quad

/cbb31522.jpg

Hero  Hong Kong Original

/53cb415d.jpg

...the rest of the Hong Kong Hero series

/2b3ff442.jpg

Fearless Hong Kong originals

/5367bc8b.jpg

Lady Snowblood (reprint)

/5efa77e6.jpg

The Blind Swordsman: Zatoichi (2003 version)

/0906c88e.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Mathius

Opethian

Beat Takashi!!!! if you had a Hana-bi poster I would be jealous that is one of his finest films
IMG

Deletion

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 07/02/2012, 09:45 AMAwesome pick-ups Deletion!

Quick question, can you still use the RGB video output of the Super-Grafx when connected to the IFU-30? In other words, can you still game in RGB when playing a CD based game? I'm guessing you could still use the video out from the Super-Grafx and then grab audio from the IFU-30?
Thanks, Frank. To answer your question, I tested the composite video. With composite video from the SGX going to the TV and the stereo analog audio from the IFU to the TV, Hucards play fine with both picture and sound. But when I try to play a CD game, I get sound and a white screen. So either the video from the IFU does not travel back to the SGX or if it does the SGX does not output it. As I said earlier, I don't have an RGB-compatible display or a SCART converter/adapter to test with, but I'd guess the results would be the same.

And sweet posters, nectarsis!

Frank_fjs

Quote from: Deletion on 07/02/2012, 09:26 PM
Quote from: Frank_fjs on 07/02/2012, 09:45 AMQuick question, can you still use the RGB video output of the Super-Grafx when connected to the IFU-30? In other words, can you still game in RGB when playing a CD based game? I'm guessing you could still use the video out from the Super-Grafx and then grab audio from the IFU-30?
Thanks, Frank. To answer your question, I tested the composite video. With composite video from the SGX going to the TV and the stereo analog audio from the IFU to the TV, Hucards play fine with both picture and sound. But when I try to play a CD game, I get sound and a white screen. So either the video from the IFU does not travel back to the SGX or if it does the SGX does not output it. As I said earlier, I don't have an RGB-compatible display or a SCART converter/adapter to test with, but I'd guess the results would be the same.
Thanks for the response. That's a bit of a shame about not being able to play CD's via RGB. I wonder if it would work with a Super-CDROM? How does that one work, does video/audio come from the console or the Super-CDROM attachment?

Deletion

I'm happy to report it does work with the "vacuum cleaner" setup. With composite going from the SuperGrafx to the TV and audio from the Super CD-ROM2 to the TV, the SCD2 does send the video signal back through to the SGX and the SGX does in turn output it to the TV.

/sgxscd220120703230.jpg /sgxscd220120703224.jpg

Tatsujin

roflmao

Frank_fjs

That is great to know, thanks for reporting back.

An RGB modded Super-Grafx with Super CD-ROM2 attachment would have to be the ultimate PC Engine setup!

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Deletion on 07/03/2012, 10:42 AM/sgxscd220120703224.jpg
Your house looks just like mine - shipping boxes everywhere.  :)
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

DrBread

I didn't buy these today but i bought these and forgot to put them up. Got them for cheap.

IMG
I really like video games...

Sleepy Gnome

with a baby due in six weeks and my partner and my two 'step sons' now living with me, I dont have the money or space to continue my rampant rampage of buying cool crap. but i am so glad i can still come on here and live my geeky retro life through you all! x x x

nectarsis

Quote from: Deletion on 07/03/2012, 10:42 AMI'm happy to report it does work with the "vacuum cleaner" setup. With composite going from the SuperGrafx to the TV and audio from the Super CD-ROM2 to the TV, the SCD2 does send the video signal back through to the SGX and the SGX does in turn output it to the TV.

/sgxscd220120703230.jpg   /sgxscd220120703224.jpg
LOL Did you "Armor All" those?

Deletion

Nope. That's just the way they look like.

bartre

Quote from: Deletion on 07/03/2012, 10:42 AM/sgxscd220120703230.jpg 
I gotta say, that's an odd place for what i assume is a region switch.
i assume it doesn't get in the way of hueys at all?

turbokon

Quote from: Deletion on 07/03/2012, 10:42 AMI'm happy to report it does work with the "vacuum cleaner" setup. With composite going from the SuperGrafx to the TV and audio from the Super CD-ROM2 to the TV, the SCD2 does send the video signal back through to the SGX and the SGX does in turn output it to the TV.

/sgxscd220120703230.jpg   /sgxscd220120703224.jpg
Quote from: guest on 07/03/2012, 11:40 AMThat is a thing of beauty. 
Thus why beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but still cool nonetheless:)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Deletion

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 07/03/2012, 11:54 AMYour house looks just like mine - shipping boxes everywhere.  :)
Yup, we'll never have a shortage of cardboard boxes!

Deletion

Quote from: bartre on 07/03/2012, 04:43 PMI gotta say, that's an odd place for what i assume is a region switch.
There is at least a quarter inch of space between the switch and the bottom of the Hucard slot, so clearance is not an issue. But I could see the switch suffering damage if someone was not careful inserting or removing a Hucard. At least it doesn't stick out the front or side of the console.

bartre

Quote from: Deletion on 07/03/2012, 07:56 PM
Quote from: bartre on 07/03/2012, 04:43 PMI gotta say, that's an odd place for what i assume is a region switch.
There is at least a quarter inch of space between the switch and the bottom of the Hucard slot, so clearance is not an issue. But I could see the switch suffering damage if someone was not careful inserting or removing a Hucard. At least it doesn't stick out the front or side of the console.
alright, i've only seen a SGX a handful of times (the two times i've gone to MGC) so i couldn't recall if the slot was all that deep.
nice setup though, but personally i would've gone with a pushbutton on the SGX, better suits the form factor, but to each his own.

jeffhlewis

The latest batch...finally completed the SuperGrafx complete set with Aldynes. Plus a few other goodies. I still need to take photos of my big haul from Yamatoku on eBay but between moving and business travel I've got no time.

IMG
IMG

I've started picking up these "Wavejack" releases for the Famicom disk system. I could care less about the games themselves, it's the packaging that blows me away. Comes in a compact hard cardboard box, and packed in the styrofoam is the game on disk, a cassette tape of the soundtrack, the manual in full color, and artbook, a disk sticker and the usual batch of registration cards and whatnot. I've got two of these releases now, and as far as I know I'm only missing the third game. Check it out:

IMG
IMG

Samurai Ghost

/sgxscd220120703230.jpg /sgxscd220120703224.jpg
Awesome set up, man!!

nectarsis

TheClash603

Nectaris may be a little late, but now he's ready for the summer!  Meatballs was one of my favorites as a kid.

Sparky

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/04/2012, 04:07 PMNectaris may be a little late, but now he's ready for the summer!  Meatballs was one of my favorites as a kid.
hahaha.. and was filmed close to where my cottage is in Halibuton (canada) Camp White Pine,  i f@cking know those maple tress anywhere.

Ji-L87

A new computer monitor, that hopefully will serve me well.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

SuperDeadite

Finally got one of these beauties.  Worth it just for the MIDI.  Sounds fantastic on my Yamaha.
IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Tatsujin

gimme that :)

so I can complete my makai collection.

PikachuWarrior

/20120705011211.jpg

Left: Samsung Galaxy III (32GB/White) Sprint: Free
Right: Record of Agarest War 2 Limited Edition (PS3): Free
IMG

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 07/04/2012, 08:27 PMFinally got one of these beauties.  Worth it just for the MIDI.  Sounds fantastic on my Yamaha.
IMG
Clamshell cases just look so good!

DrBread

I really like video games...

NecroPhile

Some PSP games came in the mail yesterday - Bomberman, Family Guy, and Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nando

turbokon

Vacationing in Houston, TX and found a cool retro gaming shop. Couldn't help myself and picked up these.
IMG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

FiftyQuid

What the heck is that?  Fire it up and take a picture I want to see it in action!
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.