@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbokon

That plays SNES and regular NES cartrigdes on the go. Also plays genesis games with a seperate adapter. It can also be hooked up to a TV with two players action. Can't test it now as games are at home. Will test once I get home.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Samurai Ghost

Not game related but I picked up this awesome car last night. A Mini Cooper S Works with all the options on it. It's got the Cooper Works engine and exhaust kit for tons of extra horsepower and is so fun to drive!!

IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TheClash603

VenomMacbeth

Alright guys, excuse the pic-heavy bump.  Here's everything I've acquired within the last several weeks.  

IMG
$40 Craigslist find

IMG
$10 from a friend

IMG
$15 at a thrift store

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG
$2 at a thrift store

IMG

IMG

IMG
All but Taito Legends II was free! :3

I have but one more major acquisition to achieve & then I'm gonna slow down on collecting for awhile & focus on real-world responsibilities and stuff.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

turbokon

Nice samuira

Venom, why can't find anything like that at a thrift store:(

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

Here is a couple of pics of the RetroDuo in action:)
IMG
IMG

www.tg16pcemods.com

roflmao

Quote from: turbokon on 07/08/2012, 02:27 PMHere is a couple of pics of the RetroDuo in action:)
That's pretty sweet.  I have a RetroDuo hooked up in my living room and love it. This looks way cool.  How does the NES sound?  I know some people have had sound issues with the console version.

turbokon

Cool, this also can be hooked to a tv and comes with two controllers. It can also plays genesis with an adapter. Soundwise is pretty good to me except it's to low.

www.tg16pcemods.com

Opethian

IMG

Mathius

TheClash603

Quote from: Opethian on 07/09/2012, 08:27 PMIMG
I am excite
How come I was the first guy around here collecting for the Laseractive and I'm the last guy to get anything!  Boo!!!

I'll trade you some Atari Jaguar games for that.

Opethian

IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: turbokon on 07/08/2012, 02:27 PMHere is a couple of pics of the RetroDuo in action:)
I am sooooo buying one of those!
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: turbokon on 07/08/2012, 02:27 PMIMG
As if the NES carts weren't cumbersome enough already.  The RetroDuo is cool as a handheld SNES but that NES setup is ridiculous. 

/still waiting on a decent handheld famiclone.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Ji-L87

IMG
IMG
IMG

Bought a couple of flyers over @ the System 11 Shmups boards.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

SuperPlay

Hi Ji-L87

Just out of interest what was the average price for a flyer?

Ta

Ji-L87

Quote from: SuperPlay on 07/10/2012, 04:03 PMJust out of interest what was the average price for a flyer?
That really depends on what game you're looking at. A lot of them were like 5$ or 10$ but more expensive ones like 45$ were also listed.
But he's shipping out from Japan and the shipping will be a bit pricey.
The thread is here if you want to look for yourself : )

The single most expensive one I got was Game Tengoku for 12$. Tho' all the Aero Dancing (or Aerowings, depending on region) ones were 24$ in total.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

bartre

how are the buttons and d-pad on that sucker?

turbokon

Kinda of big and clicky much like the supaboy but you get use to it.

www.tg16pcemods.com

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Ji-L87 on 07/10/2012, 11:12 AMIMG
IMG
IMG

Bought a couple of flyers over @ the System 11 Shmups boards.
gimme that yuna one! NOWONWOWOW NOW
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Ji-L87

Quote from: guest on 07/11/2012, 11:14 AMgimme that yuna one! NOWONWOWOW NOW
No. Mine. But if I get tired with it, I'll keep you in mind :P
CHECKPOINT!

Deletion

Last Hope: Pink Bullets, Fast Striker, Gunlord (aka NG Dev Team's "Newcomer Bundle" for the Dreamcast)
Last Hope soundtrack, Akai Katana, Darius Plus

/games20120711252.jpg

Ji-L87

Looks very nice and sounds expensive. Just as it should be :P Nice haul.
CHECKPOINT!

bob

Meh..., nothing special, but this arrived today.

/turbo/jb.jpg

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

SuperPlay

Quote from: Ji-L87 on 07/10/2012, 04:25 PM
Quote from: SuperPlay on 07/10/2012, 04:03 PMJust out of interest what was the average price for a flyer?
That really depends on what game you're looking at. A lot of them were like 5$ or 10$ but more expensive ones like 45$ were also listed.

The single most expensive one I got was Game Tengoku for 12$. Tho' all the Aero Dancing (or Aerowings, depending on region) ones were 24$ in total.
Thanks for the info.  I have just sent a PM over to GaijinPunch :@)

Ji-L87

Quote from: SuperPlay on 07/11/2012, 02:54 PM
Quote from: Ji-L87 on 07/10/2012, 04:25 PM

Thanks for the info.  I have just sent a PM over to GaijinPunch :@)
Cool. Just remember to show it off here if/when you get them! :lol:
<--- Wants to see.
CHECKPOINT!

Nando

Quote from: Deletion on 07/11/2012, 12:48 PMLast Hope: Pink Bullets, Fast Striker, Gunlord (aka NG Dev Team's "Newcomer Bundle" for the Dreamcast)
Last Hope soundtrack, Akai Katana, Darius Plus
/games20120711252.jpg
How do you like the NG Dev games so far?

Terminarcade

Im also really diggin Gunlord right now. :D

PikachuWarrior

how's akai katana? i plan on getting it eventually, after september rolls around as I have a few games that are coming out first.
IMG

Deletion

Quote from: Nando on 07/11/2012, 03:02 PMHow do you like the NG Dev games so far?
I played them for a little bit last night. All three are difficult but fun. On my first play-through of Last Hope (horizontal shmup) I barely did anything as I kept on dying. The graphics were not that impressive, but keep in mind I saw only the first bit of the first level :D. Fast Striker is a very-good looking vertical shmup and I made it through 3 stages on the first try. I can see myself playing this one a lot. Gunlord is a run & gun that plays just like Turrican. The controls are really good but there is so much going on. There's also no save or password feature so I doubt I will ever be able to finish this game.

Deletion

Akai Katana is very similar to Deathsmiles, another beautiful, frenetic, bullet-hell shooter from Cave. I like the feature of being able to change forms from the default fighter plane to a "Phantom," which is a large human form that has a stronger attack and the ability to repel bullets. The visuals, music, and controls are all good and it's just plain fun.

Duo_R

$10 find on local craigslist, nothing amazing here but I would have paid that much for the controllers and AC adapter.

/img5162fh.jpg
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

roflmao

FiftyQuid

Very awesome find.  I've been looking for a Genesis for 3 months now without any luck.  That and Eternal Champions.  Then you walk in here with both for < $10.  This thread can be so disheartening sometimes.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Nando

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 07/11/2012, 10:20 PMThis thread can be so disheartening sometimes.
No kidding.
Great find for sure. Oh and I loved that Taz game "back in the proverbial day" never did kill that F%ing bird though.

Duo_R

I feel your pain bro, I have seen tons of deals on here too. This is honestly not like most craiglist posts in my area, usually they want like $40 for a system, and four games, two of those being EA sports game from the early 90's. I saw this and was like O_o  the actual posting was just for games and controllers. When I call the guy he tells me over the phone he will throw in a Sega Genesis. He said it doesn't work, but somehow he knew I had a heart for broken systems.... =)

Hopefully it is a simple fix since it looks like it is in good condition.

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 07/11/2012, 10:20 PMVery awesome find.  I've been looking for a Genesis for 3 months now without any luck.  That and Eternal Champions.  Then you walk in here with both for < $10.  This thread can be so disheartening sometimes.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

turbokon

Quote from: Duo_R on 07/11/2012, 09:31 PM$10 find on local craigslist, nothing amazing here but I would have paid that much for the controllers and AC adapter.
/img5162fh.jpg
Can't beat that with a big stick:)

www.tg16pcemods.com

Nando

Quote from: Deletion on 07/11/2012, 07:41 PMAkai Katana is very similar to Deathsmiles, another beautiful, frenetic, bullet-hell shooter from Cave.
Only reason I would get into the 360 would be all the awesome chooters.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Nando on 07/12/2012, 03:23 PMOnly reason I would get into the 360 would be all the awesome chooters.
If you get a 360 for the purpose of playing chooters it should come with a card saying "You Choo Choo Choose me". IMG
--DragonmasterDan

Nando

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 07/12/2012, 03:26 PM
Quote from: Nando on 07/12/2012, 03:23 PMOnly reason I would get into the 360 would be all the awesome chooters.
If you get a 360 for the purpose of playing chooters it should come with a card saying "You Choo Choo Choose me". IMG
BWAHAHAHAHAH

Deletion

Good one, Dan :)

Nando, the 360 can also play shooters from Japan and Europe (PAL) if they're region free. I have Espgaluda II and Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5 and both play fine on a North American 360. The next imports on my wish list are Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets and DoDonPachi Resurrection.

Nando

Quote from: Deletion on 07/12/2012, 08:00 PMGood one, Dan :)

Nando, the 360 can also play shooters from Japan and Europe (PAL) if they're region free. I have Espgaluda II and Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5 and both play fine on a North American 360. The next imports on my wish list are Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets and DoDonPachi Resurrection.
Well thats tight. I'm curious about deathsmiles and that other title.

MS funded Cave and othe jp studios well. I wish sony would have stepped up.

TR0N

Quote from: Nando on 07/12/2012, 09:17 PM
Quote from: Deletion on 07/12/2012, 08:00 PMGood one, Dan :)

Well thats tight. I'm curious about deathsmiles and that other title.

MS funded Cave and othe jp studios well. I wish sony would have stepped up.
Agreed but the rumor was development cost and sony not wanting shoot'em ups.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

JapanTokei

I picked up a white speedy to keep my other speedy company.  now they are complete :) 

The white speedy turned out to be a pretty good find.  I got it from a guy from the UK on Ebay. 

/omega%20speedy.JPG

also picked up a few games recently on my japan trip attending my buddie's wedding this week.  will post those when i get back to Singapore.

meka

Anyone picked up Gunlord for the MVS, AES or Dreamcast? Got the Dreamcast version and its an excellent game. Better than most Dreamcast games.

turbokon

Quote from: JapanTokei on 07/13/2012, 08:18 AMI picked up a white speedy to keep my other speedy company.  now they are complete :) 

The white speedy turned out to be a pretty good find.  I got it from a guy from the UK on Ebay. 

/omega%20speedy.JPG

also picked up a few games recently on my japan trip attending my buddie's wedding this week.  will post those when i get back to Singapore.
Nice, can you send me one:)

www.tg16pcemods.com

Samurai Ghost

Picked up a Bally Astrocade and a couple SMS games. Unfortunately the Astrocade has some kind of input issues, so I'll probably just throw it back on eBay once I can find another one.

IMG

PikachuWarrior

Nice watches! I don't do watches, and if I do, they are simply sports types with elastic bands and waterproof.

In other news, I preordered Mugen Souls Limited Edition + Figure Set off of NISA's website for $99. Comes out September 18th! Another game for my sealed collection~

http://store.nisamerica.com/Preorders/Mugen-Souls-Limited-Edition-plus-Figure-Set
IMG