OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PikachuWarrior

people should post prices so we have an idea what was paid, etc.
IMG

PunkCryborg

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/23/2012, 08:47 PMpeople should post prices so we have an idea what was paid, etc.
I get the idea but I think that's kind of tacky.

PikachuWarrior

just a frame of reference is all!
IMG

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: fenix on 07/23/2012, 08:42 PMGot these games off of Craigslist today. It's my first TG game in a box (Bomberman)! Joining this site must have been good luck or something because ever since I signed up, I've been finding TG in my area for once.

IMG
Nice finds but I always laugh when I see that cover. Almost as bad as the US Megaman boxart.

munchiaz

Gooooodddddddd Im so angry right now. I ordered a repo cart of a NES game called Sweet home. Cost my g/f $65 and took almost two months to get here. I open the fucking box and these fuckers forget to put the actual game in the Box. OMG how the fuck do u forget the game????

IMG

Samurai Ghost

Damn, that's frustrating... That said, they did a great job on all the packaging. How could they forget the game though?!

PCEngineHell

Makes you wonder if they really "forgot" or just decided to screw you. I mean, not like you couldn't tell since the box would be a tad lighter and all...

CPTRAVE

PikachuWarrior

Terranigma is a great game. Bought the Australian Pal version (english) back in January and loved it.
IMG

JapanTokei

that does sucks major hairy balls... man Muchiaz I feel for ya!

Quote from: munchiaz on 07/24/2012, 02:38 AMGooooodddddddd Im so angry right now. I ordered a repo cart of a NES game called Sweet home. Cost my g/f $65 and took almost two months to get here. I open the fucking box and these fuckers forget to put the actual game in the Box. OMG how the fuck do u forget the game????

IMG

Tatsujin

oh megashit :lol: sorry, just kinda too funny to believe.

hope they will ship you the actual game afterwards.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

Nice local find, fenix.  Turbobs in the wild!  8)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

turbokon

Quote from: guest on 07/24/2012, 11:18 AMNice local find, fenix.  Turbobs in the wild!  8)
Yeah, I wish I can find something like that locally. I saw Keith and world class baseball at a pawn shop not to longer ago.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: munchiaz on 07/24/2012, 02:38 AMGooooodddddddd Im so angry right now. I ordered a repo cart of a NES game called Sweet home. Cost my g/f $65 and took almost two months to get here. I open the fucking box and these fuckers forget to put the actual game in the Box. OMG how the fuck do u forget the game????

IMG
Did they forget your Terranigma cart also? I don't see it in the pic. Did she order from the actual NES reproduction site or from some other party?

fenix

Quote from: turbokon on 07/24/2012, 01:38 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/24/2012, 11:18 AMNice local find, fenix.  Turbobs in the wild!  8)
Yeah, I wish I can find something like that locally. I saw Keith and world class baseball at a pawn shop not to longer ago.
Yeah its difficult to find any around where you live. Its always cool when you do though especially when you've been searching for so long lol

Mathius

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 07/24/2012, 02:29 PM

IMG
Did they forget your Terranigma cart also? I don't see it in the pic. Did she order from the actual NES reproduction site or from some other party?
I wasn't aware that NES Reproductions did boxes and SNES repros.

PikachuWarrior

Purchased Final Fantasy XIII-2 Collector's Edition for the Xbox 360 on Amazon for $30 shipped/new. Now I have both versions (PS3/360) sealed of the CE. w00t.
IMG

jperryss

Just got PCE Exile and Exile II.

Anyone else notice how broken the numbering is on this series? The PCE label for Exile 1 is labelled XZR1 (it's actually XZR2, XZR1 was not released for the PCE) and Exile 2 (WP in the US) is labelled XZR2, but XZR2 was actually Exile 1.

PikachuWarrior

game developers do that a lot to mesh with a game being released in a new market where the previous games have:

1. not been released in
2. previous game(s) were not popular
IMG

Samurai Ghost

Didn't buy but traded some PCE hardware with my friend for this. I love the look of the black CDROM unit.

IMG

The unholy combo!!

IMG

Deletion

Nice pickup, SG. Now that's a pairing I haven't seen before.

TR0N

IMG
Damn that sucks who did you buy the repro from timewalkgames or nesreproductions ?
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

munchiaz

got them from timewalk. and they only forgot the game for Sweet Home. I already own a terranigma repo cart. I just wanted a box

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 07/25/2012, 04:41 AMgot them from timewalk. and they only forgot the game for Sweet Home. I already own a terranigma repo cart. I just wanted a box
Ahh then i've heard good things about timewalk,i hope they didn't rip you off.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: munchiaz on 07/25/2012, 04:41 AMgot them from timewalk. and they only forgot the game for Sweet Home. I already own a terranigma repo cart. I just wanted a box
Maybe since you were ordering one empty box the guy packing it up got confused. Hopefully they'll send the game out ASAP!

esadajr

Seems they're swamped at the moment. Gamereproductions is also a cool store to get repros, especially Wily wars for the Genesis :)
Gaming since 1985

munchiaz

Yeah they called my g/f and apologized and sent out the game yesterday.

khog143

I contacted a collector on Craigslist, and he sold me mint copies of DuckTales 2 CIB, Darkwing Duck (NES) CIB, Mega Man 1,4,5, and Fire 'n' Ice with manual for 250.  I thought that was a very good price, plus he was a really cool dude.  All the boxes/manuals are completely mint too.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: khog143 on 07/25/2012, 06:50 PMI contacted a collector on Craigslist, and he sold me mint copies of DuckTales 2 CIB, Darkwing Duck (NES) CIB, Mega Man 1,4,5, and Fire 'n' Ice with manual for 250.  I thought that was a very good price, plus he was a really cool dude.  All the boxes/manuals are completely mint too.
I'd would love to see some pics when they arrive.  :)
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

khog143

DuckTales 2 was less mint then orignially shown.  He accidentally showed me pics of his copy, not the double he was selling.  Darkwing Duck is pretty immaculate though.
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Frank_fjs

Picked up an SGX, just love the design of it:

IMG

I did want to grab one from doujindance mainly for the RGB (I don't like where he puts the region mod switches on the SGX) but I missed out on one he recently had at an okay price (went to a member here thankfully :)) and he wanted $300 for his last one, which isn't a bad deal I suppose given the mods and the game he included, but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on something that essentially only plays hueys.

FiftyQuid

Why is it designed that way?  Aesthetics?  I can decide if I like it or dislike it.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

TheClash603

I'm the only one without a Super Grafx!

Very nice!

thesteve

PikachuWarrior

looks like a cross between a military child's toy, and a tool.
IMG

JapanTokei

beautiful looking SGX.  Congrats Franky.  it is a nice machine.. looks cool as fock.  in terms of looks/design, imo it's tied with the SuperCD-Rom attachment, the Shuttle as the slickest top3.  

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 07/25/2012, 11:25 PMPicked up an SGX, just love the design of it:

IMG

I did want to grab one from doujindance mainly for the RGB (I don't like where he puts the region mod switches on the SGX) but I missed out on one he recently had at an okay price (went to a member here thankfully :)) and he wanted $300 for his last one, which isn't a bad deal I suppose given the mods and the game he included, but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on something that essentially only plays hueys.

Frank_fjs

Thanks for the comments guys.

The SGX wasn't on my radar but this one popped up at a good price and I couldn't let it go. They seem to be getting more expensive by the day and I couldn't find one cheaper, even on YHJ. I still want to grab a Duo but this will have to wait a while, for now I'm happy using my briefcase setup, I just worry about reliability.

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 07/26/2012, 12:51 AMThanks for the comments guys.

The SGX wasn't on my radar but this one popped up at a good price and I couldn't let it go. They seem to be getting more expensive by the day and I couldn't find one cheaper, even on YHJ. I still want to grab a Duo but this will have to wait a while, for now I'm happy using my briefcase setup, I just worry about reliability.
If you've got one running I find the briefcase units to be pretty damn solid! I think they start to break down when not in use but are actually pretty well built.

Deletion

Frank, I'm guessing you were referring to me about getting the SGX from doujindance. It was a good deal and I didn't want lose out on it. I wasn't necessarily planning on getting one either at the time because I knew I would then want to buy all the SGX-compatible HuCards and that could (or would) cost a small fortune. But then the release of the Turbo EverDrive became a reality and the search was on. I'm very happy I got it because it is definitely one of the coolest designs ever and soon I'll be able to play Darius Alpha and die over and over again in Ghouls 'N' Ghosts. It's too bad NEC didn't release a CD-ROM unit in a matching dark gray tone.

PikachuWarrior

So in Japan the PC Engine only got either the Duo line or the CD-ROM2 unit to plug all these other versions to?
IMG

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/26/2012, 01:22 AMSo in Japan the PC Engine only got either the Duo line or the CD-ROM2 unit to plug all these other versions to?
No, there's the CD-ROM2, Super CD-ROM2, DUO, DUO-R, and DUO-RX.

PikachuWarrior

Oh okay, so there was a cd-rom2...super cd-rom2. Hmm. Are you talking about simply putting a system card to make a cd-rom2 unit play super cd games or was the super cd-rom2 a separate unit?

*not familiar with that territory's peripherals*
IMG

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/26/2012, 01:26 AMOh okay, so there was a cd-rom2...super cd-rom2. Hmm. Are you talking about simply putting a system card to make a cd-rom2 unit play super cd games or was the super cd-rom2 a separate unit?

*not familiar with that territory's peripherals*
No, it's a different unit, here's a pic:

IMG

PikachuWarrior

IMG

Frank_fjs

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 07/26/2012, 01:01 AMIf you've got one running I find the briefcase units to be pretty damn solid! I think they start to break down when not in use but are actually pretty well built.
Mine is running, but the first IFU I bought was faulty so I had to buy another. The second IFU I bought works but audio seems to be low, not by much but I notice that I have to crank the volume on my TV by a few notches compared to other systems. Not sure if this is normal or perhaps a sign of failing caps. My CD unit has been solid for 2 years, middle gear was replaced with a bastardised version which does work fine but tends to make a bit of noise.

Quote from: Deletion on 07/26/2012, 01:16 AMFrank, I'm guessing you were referring to me about getting the SGX from doujindance.
Yeah mate, the one you bought was a great deal! I had my eye on it but by the time I conjured up enough funds it was gone. I'm happy it went to you and not some bastard reseller (there's a guy who buys heaps of Duo's from Doujindance and re-sells them at incredible mark-ups).

Doujindance actually listed another SGX though, after yours, and this was the one I was referring to. He wanted $300 for it plus shipping, which would have made it close to $400 for me and that was a lot more than I was willing to spend.

KnightWarrior

I just copy and paste

From May

This is my Last Haul for a while..

Load Metallica - Cassette $3.97 Amazon
Reload Metallica - $4.88 Amazon
Sega Master System 2, Flogs and Flies VCS - $63 shipped
Master Converter 2 $51.89 Ebay
Master Game Adapter Traded
Bubble Bobble NES - $5 Yesteryears This came in March. I forgot to post it
Wii Boss Red - $6.49 Gamestop
3 Blank Cassette Tapes $2.98 Goodwill
Q Bert Red Pictured 2600 $4.50 AtariAge
RCA Component Cable $3.23 Eco Thrift
Voltron Collection One, 2 Cassette Tapes $9.59 Rasputin Records
Rick Ashley Cassette $.50 Yesteryears
AM/FM Radio $1.08 Eco Thrift
Star Wars The Best of PC $3 Goodwill
5 Mega Drive Manuals Free Sega-16
Space Invaders (Sears Text) $3.20

/004-3.jpg

esteban

Quote from: jperryss on 07/24/2012, 08:40 PMJust got PCE Exile and Exile II.

Anyone else notice how broken the numbering is on this series? The PCE label for Exile 1 is labelled XZR1 (it's actually XZR2, XZR1 was not released for the PCE) and Exile 2 (WP in the US) is labelled XZR2, but XZR2 was actually Exile 1.
Ha! I forgot about that.

One needs look no further than Final Fantasy.

Interestingly, they didn't do this with "Valis II" and "Final Zone II" ... I always wondered about the earlier PCE games (I assumed they must have been on the PCE).

QuoteIMG
Samurai Ghost, does this work? the angle of the SGX looks a bit off, but this is awesome, regardless. :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Samurai Ghost

Definitely does not work but could possibly if some crazy adapter was made.  :twisted:

Opethian

IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!