The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpivette

Thanks for the compliments!

The samsungs do pretty good. I don't have any CRT tvs to compare them to, though. All my gaming for the last few years has been done on LCDs, so I don't remember what they looked like on the old school tvs.

Either way, they do look pretty cool though! Always gets a "wow" from people when I show them
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

bob

/turbo/quiz.jpg[/img]

GameCube Jedi Outcast
Quiz Wiz Book 1 and 3
How to Win at Super Mario Bros.

turbokon

Picked up outrun, atro warrior, and rambo for the SMS from a cd Tradepost store. I actually Keith courage and blazing laser but since I already have those so I didn't buy them. Also got Dracula x from samurai last week.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Lilgrafx

Quote from: guest on 08/06/2012, 09:19 AM
Quote from: Lilgrafx on 08/05/2012, 12:01 PMMy brother sent me Super Mario RPG and Micro machines for free
Every few years I play through Super Mario RPG.  Such a great game. 
Yeah, I played through it last year and it definitely ranks up there with the other Mario RPGs. I've been on a quest to beat them all before the new Paper Mario comes out, I'm stoked!

roflmao

There's a new one coming out?  Aw man....  I need to finish The Thousand Year Door! (I totally missed out on the N64 one)

Oh, wait.  I don't have a Wii.  I'll probably miss the new one as well. :( 

I've had The Thousand Year Door since it was released and STILL haven't completed it (though I dink around in it every few years and make a bit more progress).  It's good, but there's something about the SNES Mario RPG that makes it indescribably fun.

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 08/07/2012, 01:00 AMThere's a new one coming out?  Aw man....  I need to finish The Thousand Year Door! (I totally missed out on the N64 one)

I've had The Thousand Year Door since it was released and STILL haven't completed it (though I dink around in it every few years and make a bit more progress).  It's good, but there's something about the SNES Mario RPG that makes it indescribably fun.
The new paper mario is coming to the 3DS not the wii.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

roflmao

Quote from: TR0N on 08/07/2012, 02:00 AMThe new paper mario is coming to the 3DS not the wii.
Thanks for clarifying.  :)  Sadly, I don't have one of those either.

Retrocool

I ended up buying A reprint copy of Sapphire and a CD-R made for the pc engine of Rockman...im excited...
It is what it is and it will be what it will be!

Looking for some games, but I will prolly never find.  Sapphire, Magical Chase (US)

Lilgrafx

Quote from: guest on 08/07/2012, 01:00 AMThere's a new one coming out?  Aw man....  I need to finish The Thousand Year Door! (I totally missed out on the N64 one)

You should try to do a straight play through of thousand year, maybe it's nostalgia blocking my view but I'd call TYD my favorite RPG. 

roflmao

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 08/07/2012, 02:09 AMYou should try to do a straight play through of thousand year, maybe it's nostalgia blocking my view but I'd call TYD my favorite RPG.   
That's probably my problem.  Gaming time has been at a premium for me for the past few years (since my kid was born) so I find it very difficult to dedicate myself to just one game for very long.  As hard as I try, it's only a matter of weeks before some new (or old) game makes me go "ooh - shiny!" and all of a sudden it's been 6+ months since I last played TYD and I have to figure out where I am and where I need to go next.

So the moral of the story is "Don't have kids until you've played all the good RPGs." :D

JapanTokei

ROFLMAO -  I'm with ya!  not just even RPGs.. even some gaming time is precious these days with my baby son (coming up one 1 year now!!  so fast)... but at least with brainless games like Outrun, AfterBurner, R-type, Nexzr etc, I can get in and out... epic RPGs are a luxury which is not possible anymore....  :( 

Quote from: guest on 08/07/2012, 02:19 AM
Quote from: Lilgrafx on 08/07/2012, 02:09 AMYou should try to do a straight play through of thousand year, maybe it's nostalgia blocking my view but I'd call TYD my favorite RPG.   
That's probably my problem.  Gaming time has been at a premium for me for the past few years (since my kid was born) so I find it very difficult to dedicate myself to just one game for very long.  As hard as I try, it's only a matter of weeks before some new (or old) game makes me go "ooh - shiny!" and all of a sudden it's been 6+ months since I last played TYD and I have to figure out where I am and where I need to go next.

So the moral of the story is "Don't have kids until you've played all the good RPGs." :D

munchiaz

My recent gets. Bite the bullet (ha shmup joke) and bought a 360 today.  Got the games i ordered from Blue. Thanks again, and the packaging was outstanding. I will be raffling off the copy of FF origin since i have a complete one already

IMG

Opethian

how much do US 360 consoles run these days?
IMG

JapanTokei

$199 for 4gb version.  though if you are buying a new pc now, check out Microsoft stores (physical retail or their online store), and some of the models above $699 comes with free xbox360 gig!!  it's pretty sweet deal. 

Quote from: Opethian on 08/07/2012, 07:13 AMhow much do US 360 consoles run these days?

Opethian

you have to be a student for that promotion. My college emai lhas been defunct for years now lol
IMG

Nando

Quote from: guest on 08/07/2012, 02:19 AMSo the moral of the story is "Don't have kids until you've played all the good RPGs." :D
HAHAHAH and knowing is half the battle....

I feel yer "pain." It gets better as they get older cause then you can all play together, but then they end up hogging the systems....*facepalm*   ;)

JapanTokei

hahah, Ope I know.. luckily my still works  (my univ provides life-long mail forwarding.. its awesome)!!  
but I ended up buying a firesale system on Dell today instead of taking advantage of the Xbox offer (which also meant I needed to spend more though so it's kinda a wash).  
I was originally thinking about getting the Alienware X51 (Dell has it for $799 for students w/free Xbox360 4 gig).. but the specs in that one was crap and the powersupply is locked into a low powered 220 one, rendering it non-upgradable.  So I picked up a i5-2320 / 8gig ram / 1 TB / mini tower with the usual other stuff for $499 ($535 shipped)  This will replace my 5 year old Core2Duo E6300 (overclocked to 2.33 Ghz).

Quote from: Opethian on 08/07/2012, 07:36 AMyou have to be a student for that promotion. My college emai lhas been defunct for years now lol

JapanTokei

back on PCE topic - I nabbed an unopened Gotzendiener tonight!!  

I've never played it but it looks kinda obscure... prince of persia + Maruchan Maze on steroids... should be interesting..
any of you play this before?  I read it is a later release hence not well publicized but certainly looks interesting...

IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: JapanTokei on 08/07/2012, 11:42 AMback on PCE topic - I nabbed an unopened Gotzendiener tonight!!  

I've never played it but it looks kinda obscure... prince of persia + Maruchan Maze on steroids... should be interesting..
any of you play this before?  I read it is a later release hence not well publicized but certainly looks interesting...
Fuck yeah, Göẗzëndïënër!  It's flawed, short, and feels unfinished, but I love it anyway.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nando

Quote from: guest on 08/07/2012, 11:48 AM
Quote from: JapanTokei on 08/07/2012, 11:42 AMback on PCE topic - I nabbed an unopened Gotzendiener tonight!! 

any of you play this before?  I read it is a later release hence not well publicized but certainly looks interesting...
Fuck yeah, Göẗzëndïënër!  It's flawed, short, and feels unfinished, but I love it anyway.
But really pretty!

don't forget that!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/07/2012, 02:19 AMSo the moral of the story is "Don't have kids until you've played all the good RPGs." :D
I know! Unless I stick with one RPG for a LONG time (as you said), it's nigh impossible to complete it.

KIDS!

:pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/07/2012, 11:48 AM

any of you play this before?  I read it is a later release hence not well publicized but certainly looks interesting...
Fuck yeah, Göẗzëndïënër!  It's flawed, short, and feels unfinished, but I love it anyway.
I got stuck at some point and never finished it. I totally enjoyed that game until I got stuck.

Tokei, it is definitely a game you want to "immerse" yourself in. Give it a chance.

Also, if you enjoyed older computer game genres (i.e. point-and-click, action puzzles, Solstice on NES, etc.) then you will totally love Göẗzëndïënër.

IMG Hany sagt, "Ja! Das ist gut! Göẗzëndïënër ist gut."
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Digi.k

had to pick up a new sound card for pc.. and just had this urge to grab a portable dvd player

/P1010662.jpg

nectarsis

2 new posters just arrived

/bb01f84e611d33.jpg
IMG
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Nando

Recent stuff

Thanks, Saddler and SOOP!

MM8 was an Amazon pickup $8 dolla will make me holla. HOLLA!!! *cue Mr. Chow

IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: nectarsis on 08/08/2012, 12:31 AM2 new posters just arrived

/3df7a45a406c65b8bcbb01f84e611d33.jpg

IMG
Really nice. I wanna see them when they are framed up on ur wall. Also your new avatar is awesome.

PikachuWarrior

/20120808150154.jpg

Picked up an N64 cleaning kit at a thrift store: $4.94, complete. In the box was also a N64 expansion pak (goes for about $20 on ebay).

At a antique store, I found a cool tin/aluminum(?) spinning top for $2.00. You pull the handle up, and then push down really fast to make it spin. Looks nice. Has little cartoon graphics on the top and bottom.

Lastly, at a record/music store, I picked up Sol Feace for the Sega CD. Looks like a schmup, but not sure--haven't tested. I think it was a pack-in game because it comes in a small cardboard sleeve as opposed to a bigger longbox case. This was a smidge under $4.00
IMG

TheClash603

Storino, I have used the "in the box was also..." trick a few times in my day.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 08/08/2012, 04:06 PMLastly, at a record/music store, I picked up Sol Feace for the Sega CD. Looks like a schmup, but not sure--haven't tested. I think it was a pack-in game because it comes in a small cardboard sleeve as opposed to a bigger longbox case. This was a smidge under $4.00
LOL what's a schmup?

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

btw. recently bought:

a system card 2.1
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

bartre

IMG

this game is going to suck my life away...

PikachuWarrior

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/08/2012, 07:07 PMStorino, I have used the "in the box was also..." trick a few times in my day.
What? It was in the box or else why would I make it up?
IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 08/08/2012, 10:08 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/08/2012, 07:07 PMStorino, I have used the "in the box was also..." trick a few times in my day.
What? It was in the box or else why would I make it up?
;)   ;)

bob

NES Star Soldier and Cybernoid
8mb GameCube memory card
Sega CD Rise of the Dragon

PunkCryborg

Quote from: galam on 08/09/2012, 07:18 AMNES Star Soldier and Cybernoid
8mb GameCube memory card
Sega CD Rise of the Dragon
Star Soldier is sweet, look for Starship Hector too if you haven't yet. It's another Hudson shooter for the NES and it's freaking awesome and has a caravan mode

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

munchiaz

tpivette

Mailman brought this today...

IMG

and unrelated to gaming, I had to restock on this so I picked some up at the Vitamine Shop. At least the flavor is Turbo chocolate, haha

IMG
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Joe Redifer

Got me an N64 Expansion Pak, bitches! (Yes, "pak" is actually how they spell it)

IMG

Shit just got real. Only now do I realize the true potential of videogaming.

Digi.k

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/09/2012, 03:33 PMgot this in the mail today

IMG
I find that the game improves considerably if you change a lot of the in-game options.. sold it on ebay many moons ago

Opethian

IMG

roflmao

Well I finally dug out my camera.  This is a Genesis lot that Bernie raffled off not too long ago, which I was the lucky recipient of.  I picked it up a couple of weeks ago on my RV trip up to NY/CT/RI.  Bernie also threw in a few surprise turbob goodies to boot!

/050.jpg

Here's a closeup of mainly the Turbo/PCE stuff:

/051.jpg

And here's a closeup of the Genny stuff.  The Genesis came with a power supply, but no AV cable.  I have one on order and it should arrive anytime now.  Thankfully I have a Model 1 Genesis, so I've been enjoying the games while I wait.  Thanks again so much, Bernie!  It was really fun to hang out with a fellow forum member.

/052.jpg

Nando

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/09/2012, 06:34 PMIMG
this is for what exactly? meaning, which games take advantage of it, and how much more memory does it add?

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 08/09/2012, 08:33 PMWell I finally dug out my camera.  This is a Genesis lot that Bernie raffled off not too long ago, which I was the lucky recipient of.  I picked it up a couple of weeks ago on my RV trip up to NY/CT/RI.  Bernie also threw in a few surprise turbob goodies to boot!
What is Battlefield like?  That cover looks hilarious.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

wilykat

Quote from: Nando on 08/09/2012, 08:36 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/09/2012, 06:34 PM
this is for what exactly? meaning, which games take advantage of it, and how much more memory does it add?
Adds 4MB, only 3 games *requires* it: Perfect Dark, Zelda MM, and DK64

56 more games can use it (higher quality texture, etc) and will work fine without it.

More at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_64_accessories#Expansion_Pak

roflmao

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 08/09/2012, 08:46 PMWhat is Battlefield like?  That cover looks hilarious.
It's a wrestling game.  It's the only one I've ever played so I really don't have much to compare it to.  The manual is thick!  It has all sorts of moves (of course I don't know what any of them are as it's all in Japanese). 

For an ACD game, I honestly was expecting bigger character sprites and more of a wow factor, but it seems decent enough. 

I haven't figured out how to pin people to the ground yet. :P  I can take their energy levels down to zero, and I think at one point I won because the other guy gave up, but I need to experiment with it some more. :)

BlueBMW

Sweet Joe Red!  Play some Turok 2!  IMO, its not playable without the expansion PAK.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

nectarsis

Some goodies from the road trip, and while I was gone

/2c2dff2f.jpg
/bcc52f18.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

wilykat

Starlite?  Is the mobile park still there?  And the Starfighter arcade still there too?