10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/12/2012, 11:18 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 08/11/2012, 09:59 PM
Quote from: FiftyQuid on 08/11/2012, 09:44 PMHold the phone!  Blaster Master 2?  Is that similar to the Wii remake?
Don't get too excited. It's not very good :(
If you play the PSX version, you will begin to appreciate the Genesis part 2 a little more.
Yea, I had good times playing the Genesis Blaster Master 2.  I won't say it's amazing, but it's pretty enjoyable.  If you really dug the NES game, you should have little problem enjoying the sequel.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

munchiaz

Got these in the mail today. Can't wait to start playing

IMG

Samurai Ghost

majors

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/14/2012, 02:13 AMGot these in the mail today. Can't wait to start playing
[pic of Mushi and DoDon Res]

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 08/14/2012, 02:30 AMTwo awesome games!!
Second! Mushihimesama Futari is just too much fun! Can you still get get Black Label on Live for it?
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

esadajr

just ordered the "rare" Dracula X for the almighty PCE
Gaming since 1985

bartre

Quote from: esadajr on 08/14/2012, 03:49 PMjust ordered the "rare" Dracula X for the almighty PCE
excellent choice, good sir.
now, when it comes, you must dress in your finest clothes and enjoy the game like a fine wine.

Lilgrafx

Tetris Attack and Super Mario All stars for 5 bucks
Plock for 4
Mighty Morphin Power rangers for a buck
Magical Quest staring Micky Mouse 4 dollars

I love SNES!

Nando

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 08/14/2012, 07:35 PMTetris Attack and Super Mario All stars for 5 bucks
I really like that Mario All stars. Seeing the earlier games converted to the 16bit style was all sorts of eye candy for me, still is. Can't go wrong with Tetris.

Have you tried the MMPR fighting game? pretty fun.

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

bartre

I watched the movie the other day, god i was a dumb ass 6 year old.

TR0N

Quote from: bartre on 08/14/2012, 09:17 PMI watched the movie the other day, god i was a dumb ass 6 year old.
LOL that's what you get for watching a americanize sentai  :wink:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

lol. i watched joysticks the other day. rather bland but kinda funny movie about an arcade from the early 80s.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

liquitek

My 4 year old decided that he should take control of Netflix while I was took a phone call and it was Power Rangers on the screen when I got back.
I can't think of a time in the past when I wanted to laugh, cry and vomit at the same time.
We turned it off and watched Initial D series 1 instead which I got in the post last week.
I've watched a friend's copy 10 years ago so I figured I needed my own... finally.

Lilgrafx

Quote from: Nando on 08/14/2012, 08:43 PM
Quote from: Lilgrafx on 08/14/2012, 07:35 PMTetris Attack and Super Mario All stars for 5 bucks
I really like that Mario All stars. Seeing the earlier games converted to the 16bit style was all sorts of eye candy for me, still is. Can't go wrong with Tetris.

Yeah you can never go wrong with the original Mario's and The power Rangers game is actually a beat 'em up, it's very good.

munchiaz

Quote from: dingsbums on 08/15/2012, 11:58 AMIMG
Damn nice haul. Isnt cotton for the mega drive really hard to find? Also u might as well get rid of that sfxt, that game is horrible

JapanTokei

Damn nice haul indeed.  Syscard boxed and Cotton 3d on mega drive in one slot is no small feat.  Aleste is a gem too.  Did you get the special giveaway mug for the Cotton too??

Nando

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 08/15/2012, 02:11 PM

Yeah you can never go wrong with the original Mario's and The power Rangers game is actually a beat 'em up, it's very good.
if you liked that and haven't tried it, the "Gundam Wing Endless Duel" fighter on the SNES is top notch as well. TMNT tournament fighters too.

DrBread

I really like video games...

dingsbums

No I don't have the mug (I don't really care for it  :P) and yes I sought a long time for Panorama Cotton.
That is a Ver. 1.0 System Card with a self made front cover, spine sticker & back sticker (based on the pictures from a boxed 2.1 version on Yahoo a few months ago). The case is of course from a cheapo double  :D.
I can upload them if anybody wants them.

@ munchiaz
I like Street Fighter X Tekken  :P .

blueraven

The tower of Druaga is stupid-hard.

TEH TOWER...

bartre

knights of the round is lots of fun, imo, probably my 2nd favorite game from that lot.
#1 goes to bare knuckle 2

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: Nando on 08/15/2012, 04:55 PM

if you liked that and haven't tried it, the "Gundam Wing Endless Duel" fighter on the SNES is top notch as well. TMNT tournament fighters too.
TMNT Tournament Fights is a fantastic fighter and one of my favorites.  stick to the SNES version though as the Genesis version isn't as good.

-------I
 answered a ad on CL today and picked myself up a CIB Starfox Command for the DS :)

Lilgrafx

Quote from: Nando on 08/15/2012, 04:55 PM

I have TMNT and really like it. It's one of the few fighters I put time into. Is Gundam a NTSC?

munchiaz

I love the tmnt fighting game. i actually might be having a tournament for it at a local arcade in November. If i do ill get some footage of it and post it up

henrycsc

Quote from: dingsbums on 08/15/2012, 05:05 PMThat is a Ver. 1.0 System Card with a self made front cover, spine sticker & back sticker (based on the pictures from a boxed 2.1 version on Yahoo a few months ago).

That would be very cool dingsbums.  Would you create a thread and post the images?    Or if you'd make copies of what you did, I'd be interested in the 1.0, 2.0, and 2.1 (if you did them all.  :)  )

very nice hauls everyone. 

Beamer, is one of those supposed to be mine?  :lol:
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

BlueBMW

Quote from: henrycsc on 08/16/2012, 08:31 PM
Quote from: dingsbums on 08/15/2012, 05:05 PMThat is a Ver. 1.0 System Card with a self made front cover, spine sticker & back sticker (based on the pictures from a boxed 2.1 version on Yahoo a few months ago).

That would be very cool dingsbums.  Would you create a thread and post the images?    Or if you'd make copies of what you did, I'd be interested in the 1.0, 2.0, and 2.1 (if you did them all.  :)  )

very nice hauls everyone. 

Beamer, is one of those supposed to be mine?  :lol:
Could be.  Gotta fix em all first though.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

munchiaz

got this today, complete with the TV and the model dreamcast. I will post more pics once i clean it all up

IMG

FiftyQuid

^^^ Awesome!

Bought this shitty poster for an ancient gaming console I had back in the '90's.  Some of you may have heard of it before.

IMG
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

munchiaz

finished cleaning and setting it up. Now I'm enjoying some Giga Wing

IMG

Mathius

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/17/2012, 02:11 AMfinished cleaning and setting it up. Now I'm enjoying some Giga Wing

IMG
That is so cool! On a side note I just purchased a copy of Giga Wing. :)

dingsbums

Quote from: henrycsc on 08/16/2012, 08:31 PMThat would be very cool dingsbums.  Would you create a thread and post the images?    Or if you'd make copies of what you did, I'd be interested in the 1.0, 2.0, and 2.1 (if you did them all.  :)  )
I only  have the Ver. 1.0 System Card so I only made this one  :).
If you want them click on my signature  :D.

NecroPhile

That's pretty neato, munchiaz!  It's not terribly practical (smallish screen and I'm too lazy to stand), but it's a nice game room addition and pretty compact too.  8)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mishran

Quote from: dingsbums on 08/17/2012, 10:14 AMI only  have the Ver. 1.0 System Card so I only made this one  :).
If you want them click on my signature  :D.
That's really good dingsbum!

Hey, Sparky! Get to work! :wink:

Deletion

munchiaz, I love all things Dreamcast and that is an awesome score. Where did you get it from?

liquitek

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/16/2012, 10:32 PMgot this today, complete with the TV and the model dreamcast. I will post more pics once i clean it all up

IMG
Hey Munchiaz, is that the one that was for sale on the island?
I was so tempted.  If not then the one in my area disappeared as well :/

munchiaz

@Mathius. Giga Wing is really awesome. I think im going to completely play it on my new setup soon.  @NecroPhile. Its def not something i will use all the time. But when friends are over it will be fun to power it up with a fighting game and take turns. @Deletion. I bought it off a friend of my Brother's here in AZ. I got it for $80. Not bad considering it came with the model unit dreamcast the TV and some game called Super magnetic Neo. @liquitek. Don't think its the same one Liquitek. Jump on it.

In other news , heres what i got today. My cotton finally came in, and its in perfect shape minus the missing spine card. But its really minty and im happy. It also came in a lil plastic baggie with a seal. I want more of those bags. Anyone know where i can get them (ill post pics if i need to)  I also picked up The Last Story. The packaging is just awesome.

IMG
IMG

JapanTokei

those cd resealable slipthru bags are great indeed.  gameshops in japan have them and whenever i buy games i asked them to give me a few more... haven't found where i can just buy 100 pack of them or something though....

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/18/2012, 04:15 AMIn other news , heres what i got today. My cotton finally came in, and its in perfect shape minus the missing spine card. But its really minty and im happy. It also came in a lil plastic baggie with a seal. I want more of those bags. Anyone know where i can get them (ill post pics if i need to)  I also picked up The Last Story. The packaging is just awesome.

munchiaz

Quote from: JapanTokei on 08/18/2012, 04:23 AMthose cd resealable slipthru bags are great indeed.  gameshops in japan have them and whenever i buy games i asked them to give me a few more... haven't found where i can just buy 100 pack of them or something though....
Quote from: munchiaz on 08/18/2012, 04:15 AMIn other news , heres what i got today. My cotton finally came in, and its in perfect shape minus the missing spine card. But its really minty and im happy. It also came in a lil plastic baggie with a seal. I want more of those bags. Anyone know where i can get them (ill post pics if i need to)  I also picked up The Last Story. The packaging is just awesome.
Thats a bummer. I really like them.

bob

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/18/2012, 04:15 AM@Mathius. Giga Wing is really awesome. I think im going to completely play it on my new setup soon.  @NecroPhile. Its def not something i will use all the time. But when friends are over it will be fun to power it up with a fighting game and take turns. @Deletion. I bought it off a friend of my Brother's here in AZ. I got it for $80. Not bad considering it came with the model unit dreamcast the TV and some game called Super magnetic Neo. @liquitek. Don't think its the same one Liquitek. Jump on it.

In other news , heres what i got today. My cotton finally came in, and its in perfect shape minus the missing spine card. But its really minty and im happy. It also came in a lil plastic baggie with a seal. I want more of those bags. Anyone know where i can get them (ill post pics if i need to)  I also picked up The Last Story. The packaging is just awesome.

IMG
IMG
My damn GameStop got a delay in shipping and I'm still waiting for last story to come in.

Ji-L87

Not so many games but I did accumulate a couple of things over the last month or so...

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

:dance:
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

SuperPlay

Some nice stuff there Ji-L87 :-)

Here are my latest gains:

Advanced VG Sample

Hudson CD audio 92
Hudson CD audio 94
Hudson CD audio 95
Snatcher Sound Clip

CD-ROM Capsule 1
CD-ROM Capsule 4
Cosmic Fantasy 3 (sans CD audio)

Gekkan PC Engine ´91 11
Gekkan PC Engine ´92 1
Gekkan PC Engine ´92 2
Gekkan PC Engine ´92 5

Marukatsu '92 4

IMG

Nando

Kinda reminds me of the Famitsu covers. I'd love to have a poster of those late 80's through 90's JP magazine covers.

That's a pretty awesome package in the Last Story. Is that a special edition? I'll probably pick up a Wii once the Wii U comes out and drives them prices to the ground :D

Deletion

munchiaz & JapanTokei:

If you're referring to the bags below, Meritline has them at 500 bags for $10.

http://www.meritline.com/10mm-cd-jewel-case-opp-clear-bag---p-20454.aspx

IMG

Deletion

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/18/2012, 04:15 AM@Deletion. I bought it off a friend of my Brother's here in AZ. I got it for $80. Not bad considering it came with the model unit dreamcast the TV and some game called Super magnetic Neo.
Only $80?! When you consider some sellers ask for more than that just for the console, cables, controllers and a few accessories, that score gets even better.

Frank_fjs

Picked up a small haul today, but it has some nice goodies in it and the price was right.

IMG

Tablet

madgeek.podbean . com/mf/web/wepidw/20120818_161146-small.jpg

Finally decided to take the plunge and go for a flash card and I must say I'm impressed, playing through the english translation of Bubblegum Crisis atm.

Also been on a major Ys bender over the last few weeks... not sure if I'll like the change of genre but you never know!

Frank_fjs

Congrats on the TE, won't be long before everyone here has one of those lol, what an awesome device.

Tablet

It's surprising how similar the TE looks to gameofyou's flash huey, I chose to go with gameofyou's card as oposed to the TE as gameofyou's card was cheaper and for my purposes 1 game being loaded on the card at a time is not a problem.

BlueBMW

Finally got an Aztec Monster SCSI -> CF adapter in for the X68000.  Goodbye 80mb HDD, hello 2gb CF card!

/x68k/AM3.jpg