OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpivette

picked these up today... early Turbo CD goodness!

IMG
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Tablet on 08/18/2012, 11:23 AM/20120818_161146-small.jpg
I can't see passed the shag carpet.  What did you buy? :wink:
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

PunkCryborg

AV Tanjou from a trade I made with JoshTurboTrollX-16
/img0134800x533.jpg

Fray Xak Gaiden was brand new sealed which I wasn't expecting. This game is a lot of fun!
/img0134800x533.jpg

Got this from BlueBMW. One game closer to a complete renovation set
/img0135800x533pd.jpg

Theres are from a YahooJapan lot I picked up with another member.
/img0134800x5332.jpg

chany60126

Quote from: tpivette on 08/18/2012, 06:41 PMpicked these up today... early Turbo CD goodness!
IMG
Valis 2. Good tuneage in that game. Enjoy!

TheClash603

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 08/18/2012, 11:00 AMPicked up a small haul today, but it has some nice goodies in it and the price was right.
IMG
I need to get a Japanese Saturn eventually.  I hate relying on that fucking Sega Saturn port!

munchiaz

@Deletion. Thansk for the Link i just bought some of the plastic sleeves. Also heres what i got today. Found some good deals on the games at Bestbuy.

IMG

henrycsc

Quote from: dingsbums on 08/17/2012, 10:14 AM
Quote from: henrycsc on 08/16/2012, 08:31 PMThat would be very cool dingsbums.  Would you create a thread and post the images?    Or if you'd make copies of what you did, I'd be interested in the 1.0, 2.0, and 2.1 (if you did them all.  :)  )
I only  have the Ver. 1.0 System Card so I only made this one  :).
If you want them click on my signature  :D.
Sweet Dingsbums!  Great collection!

Munchiaz - gratz on Cotton!

SuperPlay - awesome soundtrack discs!

Punkic - AV Tanjo..... trade fodder when you're done with it?  ;)  That's one I'm still missing.
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

esteban

Quote from: tpivette on 08/18/2012, 06:41 PMpicked these up today... early Turbo CD goodness!
IMG
The coverart for Fighting Street is one of the best you'll find for TG-16 games, in my opinion. It may not be inspired (it is pretty generic), but I thougt it was executed well. :pcgs:

I need not say anything about Valis II. :pcds:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

JapanTokei

congrats.  Fray is da shit.  a lot of fun.. like Ikari Warrior / Time soldiers type of game but with fantastic cd audio and good game bosses + cut scenes.  I was after that one for a while and after finally snatching it this year, I can say it is well worth it.  Now if Legend of Valkarie was as good as Fray, that would have been ideal.... its nice to dream :)

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 08/18/2012, 07:35 PMFray Xak Gaiden was brand new sealed which I wasn't expecting. This game is a lot of fun!
/img0134800x533.jpg[/img]

Tablet

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 08/18/2012, 07:27 PMI can't see passed the shag carpet.  What did you buy? :wink:
Haha Quid, I knew someone would mention that.

madgeek.podbean . com/mf/web/bhsvpz/P1211_27-11-10-small.jpg

It's my Tetris rug I made back in 2010, took around 3 months to make.

SuperPlay

Looking at the quantity of great purchases recently,  people must be as broke as me ;-) LOL

Great work on the Tetris rug :-)

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/18/2012, 01:31 PMFinally got an Aztec Monster SCSI -> CF adapter in for the X68000.  Goodbye 80mb HDD, hello 2gb CF card!
Nice piece of kit, I may get around to picking up a X68000 at some point.

roflmao

Lilgrafx

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/18/2012, 08:48 PM@Deletion. Thansk for the Link i just bought some of the plastic sleeves. Also heres what i got today. Found some good deals on the games at Bestbuy.

IMG
Nice pick up rayman origins is really good

esteban

Quote from: Tablet on 08/19/2012, 04:20 AM/P1211_27-11-10-small.jpg

It's my Tetris rug I made back in 2010, took around 3 months to make.
I have to admit that is a kool rug :pcds:.

IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: esteban on 08/19/2012, 12:56 PMI have to admit that is a kool rug :pcds:.
IMG
I take it back.  It's definitely cool looking. :)

tpivette

Got the 3DS XL today. It was the last one in stock at the Best Buy I went to... lucky me! Purchased Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance to go along with it.

Its charging right now... but in about an hour, I'll be all over this thing! Definitely an upgrade over my DS Lite
IMG

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

nectarsis

Less than $50 for ALL this goodness

/01e9be68.jpg

2 of the Quantum Leap sets, and the FF7 are SEALED

/d32e5ed6.jpg
/69db3ae0.jpg
/ccc1c7aa.jpg

$25 with extra game, and weights

/70c45941.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Mathius

Love is Hell! I had forgotten about that book! I used to read it all the time! :D

esteban

/ccc1c7aa.jpg

I remember these...except for the "Best of Dragon Vol. IV". I never read that.

You will send it to me? Thank you. :pcgs:

The DM/Player Guides and Monster Manual you picked up must be later editions because I don't recognize the cover art.

Ahhhh, good times.

VestCunt

Panama Joe and Pitfall Harry arrived today:
IMG
Topic Adjourned.

VestCunt

Quote from: nectarsis on 08/19/2012, 08:14 PMIMG
Nice OD&D, but ditch that 4E stuff fast. I grudgingly bought the new PHB for a friend's game this spring and couldn't believe how bad it is.
Topic Adjourned.

xcrement5x

Quote from: VestCunt on 08/20/2012, 03:20 PMPanama Joe and Pitfall Harry arrived today:
IMG
Wow, Pitfall 32X, that must have been a pricey acquisition!

And Ji-L87, I love that Yuna poster!  How big is it?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

bob

Quote from: guest on 08/20/2012, 03:23 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 08/19/2012, 08:14 PM/69db3ae0.jpg
Nice OD&D, but ditch that 4E stuff fast. I grudgingly bought the new PHB for a friend's game this spring and couldn't believe how bad it is.
Elf quest board game?  Sick, never seen that before.

Mishran

/img0511gi.jpg

Been on an MVS binge lately. All authentic carts, but Wind Jammers has a cheap replacement label and suffers from a few garbled sprites. :( I knew before I bought it, but it was cheap enough that I figured it was worth taking a chance with. Tried opening the cart and cleaning it, but still suffers from the problem. Anyone have any ideas on what I might do to correct the problem if it CAN be corrected? Thanks.

Already own a copy of NAM 1975, but it came in the lot so, oh well. :)

BlueBMW

I have a Blazing Star MVS cart that had garbled background graphics....  I ended up resoldering every solder point on both boards.  I found three or four cold/cracked solder joints on various chips.  That fixed the problem!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

roflmao

I have some cool (to me) turbob stuff arriving over the next few days, but I'm going to hold out posting a pic until Mysterious Song arrives.  It shouldn't be long now!

Mishran

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/20/2012, 10:44 PMI have a Blazing Star MVS cart that had garbled background graphics....  I ended up resoldering every solder point on both boards.  I found three or four cold/cracked solder joints on various chips.  That fixed the problem!
Thanks for the tip! I cracked it open again to give the boards a closer examination and happened to see one lone pin on the C3 chip on the CHA board that doesn't appear to have been soldered. :-s
Little late to mess with it tonight, but I'll try giving a little solder job to it (heh) tomorrow and see if that does anything.

tpivette

Just got my CD Rom drive back from being repaired (thanks Chop5!), and after 23 long years, my Turbo Grafx base system is finally whole!
IMG

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

roflmao

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: Mishran on 08/20/2012, 10:56 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/20/2012, 10:44 PMI have a Blazing Star MVS cart that had garbled background graphics....  I ended up resoldering every solder point on both boards.  I found three or four cold/cracked solder joints on various chips.  That fixed the problem!
Thanks for the tip! I cracked it open again to give the boards a closer examination and happened to see one lone pin on the C3 chip on the CHA board that doesn't appear to have been soldered. :-s
Little late to mess with it tonight, but I'll try giving a little solder job to it (heh) tomorrow and see if that does anything.
Cold solder joints tend to be a common problem with AES/MVS carts. Out of my 40 AES carts I have owned 4 games that had that problem. My Last Blade 1, Samurai Shodown 2, Art of Fighting 3, Fatal Fury 2 and KOF 95. Last Blade 1 and FF2 were the worst with either very glitchy graphics or sound glitches. The other carts had mild graphical glitches, but are all fixed by just reheating all the solder pins.

Mathius

Quote from: tpivette on 08/21/2012, 12:11 AMJust got my CD Rom drive back from being repaired (thanks Chop5!), and after 23 long years, my Turbo Grafx base system is finally whole!
IMG
Lookin' good, vette! My main Turbo gaming platform is a Turbo CD combo as well. If you haven't been able to snag a Super System Card 3.0 for a decent price yet keep looking. I don't know why but I really enjoy switching those System Cards in and out. :)

roflmao

My main Turbo gaming platform is also my Turbo CD combo!  I love my Duo, but it's just that much more authentic to the nostalgia when playing on the old-school combo to me. :)

Sparky

i got an early Birthday present from some Baker friends of mine.... hahahaha...  slutberry pie :P

IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 08/21/2012, 07:30 PMi got an early Birthday present from some Baker friends of mine.... hahahaha...  slutberry pie :P
Man, I haven't had slutberry pie in forever!  My grandmother use to make this awesome slutberry pie.  Everyone in the neighbourhood use to come over to sample her slutberr... Wait a sec... Oh grandma...  :-&

roflmao

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 08/21/2012, 07:30 PMi got an early Birthday present from some Baker friends of mine.... hahahaha...  slutberry pie :P

IMG
HAHAHAHA

henrycsc

I thought slutberries were only available in Ottawa.
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Bernie

Got this in yesterday.
/256226_3593372269321_1214797129_o.jpg

PunkCryborg

FiftyQuid

Could someone explain the 'toilet kids' title to me?  I'm too scared to type it into a Google search.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 08/22/2012, 10:05 AMCould someone explain the 'toilet kids' title to me?  I'm too scared to type it into a Google search.
It's a poop and toilet themed shooter.
http://pcengine.co.uk/HTML_Games/Toilet_Kids.htm

NecroPhile

Mmmm, I wanna slice.  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SMF

Just picked up The Last Story collectors set for Wii and also New Super Mario Bro 2. Ill be busy this weekend lol.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

SMF

IMG
Dude thats awesome, Feel sorry for whoever gets your sloppy seconds lol
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

nectarsis

My split Amazon order FINALLY all arrives  :dance:

/ec5ea069.jpg

NecroPhile

I'm jealous of the Married with Children box set.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nectarsis

Quote from: guest on 08/22/2012, 03:14 PMI'm jealous of the Married with Children box set.  :mrgreen:
A steal at $36 ;)

bob

Quote from: nectarsis on 08/22/2012, 03:19 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/22/2012, 03:14 PMI'm jealous of the Married with Children box set.  :mrgreen:
A steal at $36 ;)
If anybody knows WOOT, I picked up the married... Box set through them for 10 a few months back. They are essentially amazons version of overstock now (since amazon bought them).  One of those different deals every day site.

VenomMacbeth

Here's everything I've acquired recently. 

IMG

IMG

IMG
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

wilykat

a brand new Power Pak for 3DS (original, not XL) for $2. Well, 2.12 after tax but that's dirt cheap for a battery pack.