OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reno5

Found china warrior CIC, Time Ball and a turbo tap

Also got Bug 2 for Saturn and the pack-in game echo the daulphin + arcades hit for the Sega CD

FiftyQuid

Sweet jesus fuck you guys!  I cannot believe some of the great scores everyone has had!

BlueBMW  :shock: The boxes have gleam to them still!  GLEAM!!!  It's almost like you visited Nintendo and while on a tour you discovered a room they had forgot about so they say, "Hey, Blue do you mind buying all this stuff?  We'd like to put a new Keurig in here."

=D> Congrats to all.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

BlueBMW

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 09/03/2012, 09:17 PMSweet jesus fuck you guys!  I cannot believe some of the great scores everyone has had!

BlueBMW  :shock: The boxes have gleam to them still!  GLEAM!!!  It's almost like you visited Nintendo and while on a tour you discovered a room they had forgot about so they say, "Hey, Blue do you mind buying all this stuff?  We'd like to put a new Keurig in here."

=D> Congrats to all.
This guy literally must have brought these things home... played them once, put them back in their boxes and carefully stored them in a closet for 15 years...  Its irritating in a way because now I feel like I need to be extra careful with them to keep them in such good shape.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

NecroPhile

I picked up Dungeon Explorer - Warriors of Ancient Arts (PSP) on Saturday.  I'm kinda looking forward to playing it kinda dreading it too.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

geise

I was thinking about picking up DE for psp, but figured I'd get all pissed off.  Would like to hear what you think of it.

PikachuWarrior

Some stuff I bought the last few days:

Half Price Books (20% off Labor Day Weekend Sale):

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Platinum Hits, Xbox): $6.00
Virtua Tennis (Dreamcast): $2.40
Final Fantasy Tactics (Black Label, PS1): $10.00

Ebay:

Gates of Thunder/Bonk/Revenge (TGCD): $35
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 09/04/2012, 05:00 PMSome stuff I bought the last few days:

Half Price Books (20% off Labor Day Weekend Sale):

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (Platinum Hits, Xbox): $6.00
Virtua Tennis (Dreamcast): $2.40
Final Fantasy Tactics (Black Label, PS1): $10.00

Ebay:

Gates of Thunder/Bonk/Revenge (TGCD): $35
Good to see that the 4-in-1 disc as stayed affordable.

esadajr

Is SMB2 a great game? Yes it is. Is it the best Mario, I don't think so. I still prefer SMB3.
Gaming since 1985

nectarsis

My favorite part is the tickets from my old favorite drive in theater (long gone) from a friend....topped off a GREAT weekend.

/e0fdb10d.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

esadajr

I'm liberating another good game from evil bay.

Castlevania-Chronicles-PS1.webp
Gaming since 1985

Flare65

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 09/02/2012, 10:22 PMI hit the jackpot today, got all this for $51

Genesis
Alisa Dragoon
I always thought Alisa Dragoon was a great game.  You got a deal there!

Nando

thats the x68k version. correct?

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

SuperDeadite

PS1 Castlevania Chronicles is a port of the X68000 version, but it's not as good as it should have been.  Even the "original mode" is missing a few features and feels a bit choppy.  Playing on a real X68k is smoother and controls better.  On X68k I can beat the game fairly easily, but I've never beaten the PS1 version, something just feels off about it...
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Lilgrafx

Quote from: Flare65 on 09/04/2012, 06:59 PM
Quote from: Lilgrafx on 09/02/2012, 10:22 PMI hit the jackpot today, got all this for $51

Genesis
Alisa Dragoon
I know dude, all the stuff I bought hadn't been sorted through so he just threw random prices at me, he even had a EarthBound for 80 bucks, but I didn't have enough for it.

TheClash603

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 09/04/2012, 10:13 PM
Quote from: Flare65 on 09/04/2012, 06:59 PM

Genesis
Alisa Dragoon
I know dude, all the stuff I bought hadn't been sorted through so he just threw random prices at me, he even had a EarthBound for 80 bucks, but I didn't have enough for it.
Earthbound for $80 is a steal.  That guy still have it?  I had this game BITD and don't anymore.  I really enjoyed it, but not at the current $150 price enjoyed it.

Colossus1574

Quote from: nectarsis on 09/04/2012, 06:09 PMMy favorite part is the tickets from my old favorite drive in theater (long gone) from a friend....topped off a GREAT weekend.

/e0fdb10d.jpg
Wow....i like how they only have a picture of Sammo on the cover but not the bald co-star who's the "Skinny Tiger"

nectarsis

Quote from: Colossus1574 on 09/04/2012, 11:36 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 09/04/2012, 06:09 PMMy favorite part is the tickets from my old favorite drive in theater (long gone) from a friend....topped off a GREAT weekend.

Wow....i like how they only have a picture of Sammo on the cover but not the bald co-star who's the "Skinny Tiger"
The cover couldn't contain the GREAT Karl Maka ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Colossus1574

$10 for Conan on Blu with audio commentary by Ahnold...couldn't resist that!!!
Lockout i found was a neat little action flick, good seeing Pearce in a starring role again.
The Thing...can't believe i've NEVER seen this horror gem until last night, now i know why it's a classic  =D&gt;

IMG

Flare65

Quote from: Colossus1574 on 09/05/2012, 12:20 AM$10 for Conan on Blu with audio commentary by Ahnold...couldn't resist that!!!
Lockout i found was a neat little action flick, good seeing Pearce in a starring role again.
The Thing...can't believe i've NEVER seen this horror gem until last night, now i know why it's a classic  =D&gt;
IMG
The Thing was awesome!  If you have never seen the 2011 prequel, you should rent it NOW!  Its basically everything that takes place at the Norwegian camp and leaves off right at the start of the 1982 film!

I think the commentary track with Arnold on Conan the Barbarian is the same track he recorded with the director that appeared in the standard DVD release.  Its worth a listen to.  Arnold sounds like he is high on drugs on the commentary and can barely remember making the film.  He says insightful stuff like....   "Here is where I swing the sword!"   "Oh yeah, now I swing the sword" and "Now I swing the sword"  Very insightful stuff!  They should have used it as an anti-drug message for school kids!

Colossus1574

Quote from: Flare65 on 09/05/2012, 12:29 AM
Quote from: Colossus1574 on 09/05/2012, 12:20 AM$10 for Conan on Blu with audio commentary by Ahnold...couldn't resist that!!!
The Thing was awesome!  If you have never seen the 2011 prequel, you should rent it NOW!  Its basically everything that takes place at the Norwegian camp and leaves off right at the start of the 1982 film!

I think the commentary track with Arnold on Conan the Barbarian is the same track he recorded with the director that appeared in the standard DVD release.  Its worth a listen to.  Arnold sounds like he is high on drugs on the commentary and can barely remember making the film.  He says insightful stuff like....   "Here is where I swing the sword!"   "Oh yeah, now I swing the sword" and "Now I swing the sword"  Very insightful stuff!  They should have used it as an anti-drug message for school kids!
The Thing is indeed an awesome movie...i just wished i saw it when i was a kid in the 80's so that it would scare the living SHIT out of me!
(no rental shops in Vancouver anymore) But yes, i did see The Thing (2011) which i thought was a remake...but now that i think of it, i was wondering why the hell all the people in that camp were not speaking english! Makes sense now, and yes the dog running away leads into the 1982 film. Still not as good as the Carpenter one.

Yah, it's the same audio track from the DVD Special Edition, but hell, can't go wrong with HD...i got a feeling of what to expect from Ahnold commentary, i sat through his T3 commentary hahaha!

bob

picked this up at an auction for $10.  Best part...there are quarters in it!  So I only paid $7.50 in the end.   :dance:

/turbo/assault.jpg

NecroPhile

Sweet deal, Galem!  Because the joysticks are so close together, I assume it's one player with a stick for each tread, right?

bob

Quote from: guest on 09/05/2012, 05:27 PMSweet deal, Galem!  Because the joysticks are so close together, I assume it's one player with a stick for each tread, right?
Yes, exactly. But it's going to get stripped down, disassembled, and repurposed to a turbo cab.  I've done some cheesy mame cabs in the past. This will be my fall project. It currently doesn't work (which is why I was the only bidder). So that's perfect for me. Everyone else saw trash, I saw exactly what I was looking for. I might put some of the parts up on eBay to recoup my massive outlay of cash.

Now that I think of it, anybody on here have ability to make a tubo marquee for it?

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: galam on 09/05/2012, 04:44 PMpicked this up at an auction for $10.  Best part...there are quarters in it!  So I only paid $7.50 in the end.   :dance:

/turbo/assault.jpg[/img]
While not quite as cheap I had a similar experience having bought an arcade cabinet only to find several dollars in change inside.
--DragonmasterDan

Frank_fjs

Been picking off SGX games of late, has been taking me a while as I'm picky with price.

IMG

Granzort and Ghouls have been very fun to play through. Battle Ace did nothing for me which is a shame, as I think with more refinement it could have been a decent enough game. Have yet to crack the seal on Aldynes.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 09/05/2012, 08:40 PMBeen picking off SGX games of late, has been taking me a while as I'm picky with price.

Granzort and Ghouls have been very fun to play through. Battle Ace did nothing for me which is a shame, as I think with more refinement it could have been a decent enough game. Have yet to crack the seal on Aldynes.
I just picked up Aldynes as well, and Granzort is on its way.

I agree with you on Battle Ace too.
--DragonmasterDan

Frank_fjs

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 09/06/2012, 05:33 AMI just picked up Aldynes as well, and Granzort is on its way.

I agree with you on Battle Ace too.
Yeah, Battle Ace was never going to be an amazing game, but it could have been a good game. The foundations of a good game are there but it just has a very rushed and incomplete feel about it. At least it's cheap though!

I think you will enjoy Granzort, it's actually not a bad game and a little unique.

Nando

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 09/06/2012, 07:55 AMI think you will enjoy Granzort, it's actually not a bad game and a little unique.
I agree, once you get the mechanics down and figure out which form to use when, it makes for a fun game.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 09/06/2012, 07:55 AMYeah, Battle Ace was never going to be an amazing game, but it could have been a good game. The foundations of a good game are there but it just has a very rushed and incomplete feel about it. At least it's cheap though!
Heh, I got Battle Ace for .99 plus shipping. Cheap is definitely the right description.
--DragonmasterDan

Frank_fjs

Lol, I feel like I've been ripped off now, I paid $7 for my copy of Battle Ace! :D

All my other games were cheap too, just can't find 1941 for a cheap price and I'm not willing to spend $200 for it. I still need to get a Duo and I'd rather have a nice Duo console than a single SGX game. :)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 09/06/2012, 08:41 AMLol, I feel like I've been ripped off now, I paid $7 for my copy of Battle Ace! :D

All my other games were cheap too, just can't find 1941 for a cheap price and I'm not willing to spend $200 for it. I still need to get a Duo and I'd rather have a nice Duo console than a single SGX game. :)
1941 is on my to get list as well, I suspect it can be found for far less than that.
--DragonmasterDan

NecroPhile

Ys Seven and a full set of Married with Children DVDs came in the mail yesterday.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 09/06/2012, 12:17 PMYs Seven and a full set of Married with Children DVDs came in the mail yesterday.
Once you're done with Married With Children, are you going to watch the knockoff with the puppet rabbit that was voiced by Bobcat Gothwait?
--DragonmasterDan

NecroPhile

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 09/06/2012, 01:02 PMOnce you're done with Married With Children, are you going to watch the knockoff with the puppet rabbit that was voiced by Bobcat Gothwait?
It'd almost be worth it for Nikki Cox.

PunkCryborg

Got these all in a lot from Goodwill auctions. The funky hu card wannabes are Gamate games, an obscure asian handheld that was similar to the game boy. Pretty neat, huh? On the back it says "Don't touch golden finger by hands"  :lol:
The PCE games are all pretty sweet too, been wanting to play W Ring and Son Son II for a long time!

/img0141800x5332.jpg

Nando

Hoooon!

Operation WOLF FTW! the arcade machine took so many of my quarters!!!

I'm ho hum about Son Son II - I think I just have to get used to the way the staff hits and distances and all that. It feels very similar to Momotaro Katsugeki

Mathius

Quote from: Nando on 09/06/2012, 03:42 PMHoooon!

Operation WOLF FTW! the arcade machine took so many of my quarters!!!

I'm ho hum about Son Son II - I think I just have to get used to the way the staff hits and distances and all that. It feels very similar to Momotaro Katsugeki
Son Son II's tunes get you through any quirks. Stick with it.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 09/06/2012, 04:31 PMSon Son II's tunes get you through any quirks. Stick with it.
Mathius, were you present when I was improvising songs for the various games being played at VGS.

Son Son II level 1 was something like "Ohhhhh... I'm a little monkey getting funky and I've got a real long pole! Oh I'm a little monkey and I didn't mean that in a dirty way a$$h0le."
--DragonmasterDan

PunkCryborg

shit i just found out son son is in a peach boy case  #-o

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 09/06/2012, 06:29 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 09/06/2012, 04:31 PMSon Son II's tunes get you through any quirks. Stick with it.
Mathius, were you present when I was improvising songs for the various games being played at VGS.

Son Son II level 1 was something like "Ohhhhh... I'm a little monkey getting funky and I've got a real long pole! Oh I'm a little monkey and I didn't mean that in a dirty way a$$h0le."
Haha! I don't remember that!

PikachuWarrior

Today I got a few things:

To the Earth (NES cart only): $2.00
Duke's of Hazzard: Return of General Lee (Xbox): $3.00
Sega Master System with box, two controllers, light gun, and a few mystery games: $60 shipped

The SMS was from shopgoodwill.com so the actual price was around $46 before shipping. I never owned a SMS before and the pictures were hard to see what games there were in the box.
IMG

turbokon

That's a good deal for the master system. I saw a boxed turbo grafx and with several boxed games such as Jackie chan at the goodwill online shop sometime last year but it was still going high like eBay prices.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

jeffhlewis

I've literally bought nothing since BlueBMW sold me my X68000. Which is a good thing because I spent about 4 grand on crap since MGC 2012. Yikes.

There IS a sealed James Buster Douglas Boxing for the SMS on eBay right now, which is the last game I need (minus the "US" version of sonic that I refuse to pay $1500 for) to complete the entire U.S. SMS collection. I might have to open up the checkbook on that one to complete the set.

dingsbums

PCE games
/2z4yaf5.jpg

Then I recieved this:

/125hz69.jpg
/2po2ofr.jpg

Oh god I hate it when a game box have like 4000 stickers on them  :evil:

Now it looks like this  :D (on the right side) + other PAL exclusive NES games:
/f4f2e.jpg

Finally I got one of these:
/333ijv7.jpg

Now I can play my PAL NES games on my RGB modded AV Famicom  :D:
/25z060h.jpg

2 examples how nice the RGB pic on a NES can be:

/2s76x6h.jpg
/f3s21d.jpg

A new PCB:
/2ppd8i1.jpg
/vsdhs2.jpg

Joe Redifer

Wait, what?  How did you get RGB out of an NES/Famicom?

bob

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/07/2012, 06:22 PMWait, what?  How did you get RGB out of an NES/Famicom?
No kidding!  Damn that looks sharp. And exactly the game I would show it off with too.

wilykat

2 ways to get RGB:
get Playchoice 10 arcade and hack some games to run on game boards.
get Playchoice 10 or VS board and pull the PPU out to install on standard NES.  Pins are the same except the arcade version of PPU has RGB support while home version of PPU is only composite.

Joe Redifer

They should sell those PPUs.  Just the PPU.  Could they be reliably manufactured?

Also, I received my copy of Mysterious Song yesterday.  The case was broken.  The CD and manual, etc was fine, but I imagine the case cracked during shipping.  Fortunately I have many space CD cases for such an occasion.

CGQuarterly

I have an RGB-modded NES as well, and the second level of Castlevania is one of the few serious victims of the differing color palette, as it turns the maroon backgrounds into hot pink. 

It also makes Paperboy damned near impossible to play, as you can no longer see the road (including the gutters and storm drains).

Chris