The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostFlunky

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/08/2012, 10:27 PMI bought NiGHTS for PS3 today... excellent HD remake.  I'd recommend it to anyone who loved NiGHTS on saturn and has a PS3/360.  Well worth the $10!
Thanks - my PS3 has been off for months...

I have been hoping for this for a long time...watched for it on DC, then next generation, finally the shit Wii game came out and I lost hope...

...bought it last night and played the first level before work this morning.  Absolutely beautiful!

Nando

So shinny! I got a few games with these from Beemer. They really look super cool AND SHINNY!

Man Bernie, I am drooling at your collection!

Nando

JESUS H Christ on a Trike, Beemer is just beyond generous! Thank you so much for this!

IMG

The box it self was beyond crazy good looking
IMG

Bernie

Yeah, ole B is a good guy.  That NES looks good!  I got Horror Story, Might&Magic, Browning, and JB Harold in the mail today.  And I worked out a deal with a fellow forum member for a 3.0 US version.  So, I think I'm good for a while.  :)

Lilgrafx

Quote from: Nando on 10/09/2012, 12:20 PM
Quote from: Lilgrafx on 10/08/2012, 09:39 PMHello PCFX! I'm alive!(Not that anyone cares)

I just got back from NY so I got a few T-shirts and a golden cat from china town.
NY was great!
Welcome back, NYC is such a fun place to visit.

Did you ever pick up any more SNES fighters?
Haha no, I haven't bought a game in a few weeks. Though the last game I bought was Fighting Street... not a good decision. Schools kept me busy and girls drain money like there's no tomorrow. Thanks for all the welcome backs!

tpivette

Been going a little crazy with the OBEYing lately... here's all I've aquired in the last few weeks:

IMG
Duo Tap and US Duo Pad

IMG
TG16 base system and Turbo Booster Plus

IMG
US New Adventure Island

IMG
Emerald Dragon, Neutopia 2, Dungeon Explorer 2, Cosmic Fantasy 3, Cosmic Fantasy 4 parts 1 & 2
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

tpivette

IMG
Pia Carrot guide and art book

IMG
US Turbo Duo (recapped and new laser installed)

IMG
and finally... a PC Engine Duo R

sorry for the overly bright photos... my flash is strong and necessary in my darkish game room

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

Opethian

IMG

Mathius

Which Romstar arcade board is that, Ope?

SuperDeadite

Took 4 years of waiting to get find one of these.  But so worth it.

IMG
IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Opethian

dorifuto!!! nice

mati: its Twin Cobra :D
IMG

BlueBMW

tpivette, thats quite a hardware haul!

Everyone's picking up cool stuff :D
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: Opethian on 10/09/2012, 09:52 PMdorifuto!!! nice

mati: its Twin Cobra :D
Sweet! I am pretty sure they have that at Galloping Ghost. :)

FiftyQuid

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/09/2012, 09:55 PMtpivette, thats quite a hardware haul!

Everyone's picking up cool stuff :D
I'll say.  Damn dude, leave some for the rest of us!  :D
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Bardoly

PC Engine games - a whole lot of shoot-'em-ups   :dance:

1) 1943
2) Cotton
3) Final Soldier
4) Macross 2036
5) R-Type CD
6) Rayxanber III
7) Salamander
8) Fatal Fury Special - not a purchase exactly, because the awesome guy, Jimmy, threw this in for free with the above deal!

VestCunt

Nice shooters, Bardoly! Cotton is one of my favorites.

Tpivette - the TurboBooster Plus may be my favorite Turbo accessory. I keep a TurboGrafx with one hooked up next to my Duo just so I can have all of my Turbochip save files in one place. It can hold most of the U.S. library minus OotG.
Topic Adjourned.

PikachuWarrior

Found some decent stuff today:

Goodwill:

Doom II (PC) Big Box, 3.5" Floppy Disc version: 75 cents
Playstation Mouse with mousepad: $2.50
Xbox RF Adapter NIB: $3.00

Thrift Store:

System Shock 2 (Jewel Case/CD) PC: $1.49
PS2 Slim (with spongebob game inside) AS-IS: $5.99
GBA system: $7.99
Halo 2 (Xbox): $5.00

In the mail today:

Code of Princess from Amazon: $0.00
Tales of Graces F Special Edition (PAL): $40.00 shipped

--So the PS2 slim I got from a Goodwill about a month ago, ended up not powering on so I sold it on Ebay for $50 shipped (paid $10 for it), and hopefully this PS2 slim has the same result online). System Shock 2 surprisingly goes for quite a bit disc only. About $30+. Playstation mouse (complete in box) goes for $25+, and Doom II maybe $30 and up. I think I did pretty well considering.

/20121009194608.jpg
IMG

PikachuWarrior

IMG

tpivette

Quote from: guest on 10/10/2012, 02:51 AMTpivette - the TurboBooster Plus may be my favorite Turbo accessory. I keep a TurboGrafx with one hooked up next to my Duo just so I can have all of my Turbochip save files in one place. It can hold most of the U.S. library minus OotG.
Funny you mention that, cause thats the exact reason I have it hooked up... keeping all my TurboChip saves in one place (and saving room on my CDRom & Duo for CD game saves).

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

Digi.k

nothing to do with gaming... although playing while in a warm environment helps :P

Just received my kerosene/paraffin heater.   Used to have one of these back in the 70's although not like this one. 

Hopefully it will keep the room warm this winter and not worry about the increase in energy bills this year.

/P1010671-1.jpg
/P1010673-1.jpg

PikachuWarrior

Thrift Store:

Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram (CD/Misc Jewel Case only): $3.00
Airforce Delta (Complete): $3.00
Prince of Persia: Arabian Nights (Complete): $3.00
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (Complete): $3.00

Always wanted Virtual-On back in the day. I believe it's some 2D/3D robot fighting game. All were $3.00/ea no tax, but the last time I was there, I got two Dreamcast games and they were $2.00/ea--different worker, I suppose.

/20121010172055.jpg
IMG

FiftyQuid

Hit the Thrift Store today... no finds, but I did pick up a Spiderman backpack for my young lad.  $4!  Score!  :dance:

VestCunt

Went to the thrift store yesterday. It was packed out the door and I had no idea why. I found a 3rd-party, 6-button Genesis pad with turbos for $4. I took it to the counter and realized they were having a 50% off sale. Could have bought a Gamecube for $10, but that would have broken my rule about nothing post-N64. 
Topic Adjourned.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 10/10/2012, 10:22 PMWent to the thrift store yesterday. It was packed out the door and I had no idea why. I found a 3rd-party, 6-button Genesis pad with turbos for $4. I took it to the counter and realized they were having a 50% off sale. Could have bought a Gamecube for $10, but that would have broken my rule about nothing post-N64. 
Then just buy the GameCube for the GameBoy Player. Play all your GB, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance (post-N64, I know, but has much in common with the SNES) games in component. That is if you are lucky enough to find a component cable for the GC.

bob

$1 each...

/retro/vig.jpg
/retro/vig2.jpg

DejahThoris

All complete, all less than going price, local too.  I'm a happy kid.

IMG

VestCunt

Firestriker is fun. Don't know anything about Young Merlin...looks like it's a Westwood game!
Topic Adjourned.

DejahThoris

Quote from: guest on 10/11/2012, 05:44 PMFirestriker is fun. Don't know anything about Young Merlin...looks like it's a Westwood game!
It's a weird little game, pretty fun though.

TheClash603

Fortress of Fear might not be enjoyed by anyone that hasn't played it before, but I LOVED this game as a kid.  Bouncy hero and all.  One of my most played GB games by far.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Nando

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Nando on 10/12/2012, 09:10 AM:shock:

That kit is THE TITS! where and how much?
I got it from BigBadToyStore.com for $45, but it was the last one they had.  It's still available a few other places, but it'll cost closer to $70.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Nando

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/12/2012, 09:37 AM
Quote from: Nando on 10/12/2012, 09:10 AM:shock:

That kit is THE TITS! where and how much?
I got it from BigBadToyStore.com for $45, but it was the last one they had.  It's still available a few other places, but it'll cost closer to $70.
Nice deal!

I've often foud them to be a tad overpriced at times, gonna have to go digging into their site later on.

Digi.k

I had the urge to replay this stupid thing again....and bought a few extras with it..

/P1010685-1.jpg

munchiaz

^ that tamagotchi brings back memories. I remeber i had one of the giga pet ones and it woke me up in the morning and i threw it against my wall and broke it.  Anyway, here my new pick ups

IMG

dingsbums

esteban

Quote from: dingsbums on 10/13/2012, 02:46 PM/img2023901x676.jpg
I actually like the Red Book for Jim Power. Definitely not everybody's cup of tea, but I like it.

SAMPLE TRACK:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

turbokon

Found some turbobs in the wild. Picked this setup from the flea market today.

IMG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Digi.k

man if only we had flea markets like that here..

Nando

Quote from: Digi.k on 10/13/2012, 06:01 PMman if only we had flea markets like that here..
ain't that the truth!

Nando

Quote from: dingsbums on 10/13/2012, 02:46 PM/img2023901x676.jpg
That's one nice haul. What's the top right hand corner game?

Opethian

nando: Looks like Kaiketsu Yanchamaru 3 (sometimes called Kid Niki 3)
IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: turbokon on 10/13/2012, 05:11 PMFound some turbobs in the wild. Picked this setup from the flea market today.
IMG
What were they selling it for at the flea market?

Nando

Quote from: Opethian on 10/13/2012, 08:58 PMnando: Looks like Kaiketsu Yanchamaru 3 (sometimes called Kid Niki 3)
Thanks Ope!

turbokon

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 10/13/2012, 09:17 PM
Quote from: turbokon on 10/13/2012, 05:11 PMFound some turbobs in the wild. Picked this setup from the flea market today.
IMG
What were they selling it for at the flea market?
Fifty, I paid $150 for the whole set.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

FiftyQuid

Not a bad price.  TE's seem to be hovering around $100 w/o the tuner.  The TG-16 seems to hover in the $40-$50 range.  So you got everything at a decent price considering the couple hu cards, and tuner that are shown.  Nice pick-up.  I would've bought it.

Ji-L87

IMG

One. One measly PCE game, clearly my Obey is not strong enough. On the other hand, now I too can have a go at Xanadu  :mrgreen:
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Ji-L87 on 10/14/2012, 05:42 PMIMG
One. One measly PCE game, clearly my Obey is not strong enough. On the other hand, now I too can have a go at Xanadu  :mrgreen:
Is Gun Griffon 2 any good?  I played a bit of the first one on emulation the other day, it was pretty solid.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Ji-L87

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/14/2012, 05:51 PM
Quote from: Ji-L87 on 10/14/2012, 05:42 PMIMG
Is Gun Griffon 2 any good?  I played a bit of the first one on emulation the other day, it was pretty solid.
I can let you know once I've tried it, if you'd like :) First game feels solid, but has a quite steep difficulty curve (there's a mission I can't complete, because my forces gets annihilated and some scary mechs totally punishes me for not having a good enough grip on the controls).
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

FiftyQuid

Bought this the other day and it finally arrived.  Here's the thing, I didn't know it was sealed.  I just thought it was CIB.  So now I have a sealed copy of Neutopia II.  My choices are trade it, or bust the cherry on this thing.  If I bust the cherry I still don't need the box (so check my trading post thread).  I think it might be best to try and do a trade for something I need though.

Decisions, decisions...  :-k

/img20121015134729.jpg

[EDIT] Looking at this again, I don't know if this is an original seal.  Seems kind of fishy.