The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie

Bought a few things lately, but figured I would post this one.  Gonna give it a try soon as I beat MSR.

/Turbo/2012-10-15%2016.14.00.jpg

NecroPhile

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 10/15/2012, 04:18 PMMy choices are trade it, or bust the cherry on this thing.
Tear it up like a virgin on prom night!

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 10/15/2012, 04:18 PMLooking at this again, I don't know if this is an original seal.  Seems kind of fishy.
It's hard to tell if the white on the edges is a reflection or box wear, but it's definitely a reseal if it's damage to the box.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nando

Quote from: Bernie on 10/15/2012, 04:24 PMBought a few things lately, but figured I would post this one.  Gonna give it a try soon as I beat MSR.
/2012-10-15%2016.14.00.jpg
whoah! NICE! I've only ever tried the SNES version.

futureman2000

Quote from: Nando on 10/15/2012, 04:40 PM
Quote from: Bernie on 10/15/2012, 04:24 PMBought a few things lately, but figured I would post this one.  Gonna give it a try soon as I beat MSR.
I played the sega-cd version up until the tree boss, then I played something else

Nando

Quote from: futureman2000 on 10/15/2012, 05:07 PM
Quote from: Nando on 10/15/2012, 04:40 PM
I played the sega-cd version up until the tree boss, then I played something else
lol, how come?

Opethian

PCE version of Popful Mail is more like the PC-88 version. The game is a bit different from the sega cd version. The game is supposed to benefit from running off the Arcade card but I cant tell if the game loads any faster or not
IMG

xcrement5x

Ze Popful is my best girl, and what a pretty sight she is today with that spine card as well.

Hope you enjoy the game Bernie!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

Quote from: Opethian on 10/15/2012, 05:14 PMPCE version of Popful Mail is more like the PC-88 version. The game is a bit different from the sega cd version. The game is supposed to benefit from running off the Arcade card but I cant tell if the game loads any faster or not
I think it just loads less often, using the AC to load the cinemas in one chunk instead of reloading part way through, buffer towns, etc.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Bernie

When I play it, I will be certain to use the Arcade Card.  :)

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 10/15/2012, 04:31 PMTear it up like a virgin on prom night!

It's hard to tell if the white on the edges is a reflection or box wear, but it's definitely a reseal if it's damage to the box.
Tore it open.  The virgin is no more!  Definitely a reseal... so I guess I took it's second virginity?  hu card is in excellent shape, manual is good.  The plastic tray inside the box is fantastic.  I've never seen one so perfect before.  Box is pretty good too.  The box will be going up in my trading post thread.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

PikachuWarrior

Got all the games at Goodwill for $26:

Asteroids (Atari 2600)
Little League Baseball (NES)
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out (NES)
Zelda II: Adventure of Link (NES)
Sub Terrania (GEN)
Hook (GEN)
Ecco: Tides of Time (GEN)
Streets of Rage 2 (GEN)
Mystic Defender (GEN)
Ultimate Mortal Kombat (GEN)

Most expensive was Zelda II at $8, but the rest were around $2/each.

/20121015221715.jpg
IMG

FiftyQuid

You've been on a roll lately storino03.  Congrats!
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

PikachuWarrior

Normally, if they were any higher than a few bucks, I wouldn't pick up a game (especially Genesis games), but it was with a combined discount, so I can't complain there :)
IMG

Flare65

IMG

Been picking up some PSP stuff an a Pawn America for cheap.  Got the Gods of War edition PSP off a guy on craigslist.  System was hardly played.  The wife's cat seems to like the Ridge Racer game! lol

IMG
IMG

Never thought I would own one of these, but now I do.  Box is in OK shape.  Definitely signs of shelf wear, but the system is immaculate.  Even the serial number on the instruction manual matches the serial number on the bottom of the unit.  I think I got a deal on the system, but it was more that I really wanted to spend.  The wife would kill me if she knew what I spend on it.

Flare65

PikachuWarrior

Pawn America is a great store. Been to the two in WI, Appleton and Madison locations. Madison one is definitely bigger. You can sometimes find really great gems for a cheap price amidst the games they lock in the acrylic cases.
IMG

Mathius

I see you finally scored an LT, Flare. Congrats!

BlueBMW

Quote from: Flare65 on 10/16/2012, 01:17 AMNever thought I would own one of these, but now I do.  Box is in OK shape.  Definitely signs of shelf wear, but the system is immaculate.  Even the serial number on the instruction manual matches the serial number on the bottom of the unit.  I think I got a deal on the system, but it was more that I really wanted to spend.  The wife would kill me if she knew what I spend on it. 
Ahh another entrant into the LT club!  You might have chop recap that LT for you when you get the chance.  Quick question... 3 figures or 4? :P
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

csgx1

That's a very nice looking LT!  Congrats on getting one.  Someday, I hope to find an LT that I can afford.

bust3dstr8

I hope you got the early release Mystic Defender with the nekkid chick :)

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 10/15/2012, 11:49 PMGot all the games at Goodwill for $26:

Asteroids (Atari 2600)
Little League Baseball (NES)
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out (NES)
Zelda II: Adventure of Link (NES)
Sub Terrania (GEN)
Hook (GEN)
Ecco: Tides of Time (GEN)
Streets of Rage 2 (GEN)
Mystic Defender (GEN)
Ultimate Mortal Kombat (GEN)

Most expensive was Zelda II at $8, but the rest were around $2/each.
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

TheClash603

Wowza, the LT sure is a nice piece of hardware.  Congrats on the purchase and good luck keeping the wife.

Flare65

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/16/2012, 01:52 AM
Quote from: Flare65 on 10/16/2012, 01:17 AMNever thought I would own one of these, but now I do.  Box is in OK shape.  Definitely signs of shelf wear, but the system is immaculate.  Even the serial number on the instruction manual matches the serial number on the bottom of the unit.  I think I got a deal on the system, but it was more that I really wanted to spend.  The wife would kill me if she knew what I spend on it.
Ahh another entrant into the LT club!  You might have chop recap that LT for you when you get the chance.  Quick question... 3 figures or 4? :P
Three figures.  The guy I bought it off of even has an extra original LT AC adapter laying around that I'm probably going to purchase just to have as a back up.  I didn't know Chop re caps these as well.  Is yours recapped?

BlueBMW

I have recapped them before but I havent done mine yet (lazy)  They do need caps though as Ive seen them leak quite profusely!

Glad to hear it was under 4 figures!   I know boxed ones were creeping up there.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bernie

The LT never really appealed to me.  Lots of people like it though.  Did they not make very many, and thats why they arw so expensive?

turbokon

Nice grab flare, especially the LT, me want it.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Nando

Damn Flare, some nice hauls. OH and what's the name of that game with the Donkey? Bottom right hand corner, PCE game.

Flare65

Blue Blink or Aoi Blink.  I've seen the name both ways.  Its kinda like Super Mario 3.

Opethian

IMG

Nando

There ya go, I knew as Aoi Blink, I've played it before via EMU. Was a fun game from what I remember. Pretty sharp looking pixels too. I also liked that weapon/character switching mechanic. Still the best part is the flying donkey :D

Frank_fjs

Awesome LT!

There's many cool 'premium' and ludicrously expensive consoles out there that I simply ignore due to the cost, but the LT is one that I'd definitely secure if I had that type of cash to spend on reto.

Quote from: Flare65 on 10/16/2012, 01:17 AMBox is in OK shape. Definitely signs of shelf wear
In the nicest possible way - screw you! :)

You have a boxed and complete LT with inserts, baggie, manual, matching serials etc and you're worried about some shelf wear! :P

roflmao

Man, the LT is like the holy grail of PC Engines to me.  I've wanted one ever since I read about it in gaming magazine bitd. Congrats, Flare!

BlueBMW

Some 68k stuff today.  Mostly loose disks and some crappy RPGs I cant play, but a few goodies in there...\

/68K_1.jpg
/68K_2.jpg
/68K_3.jpg

PikachuWarrior

after all these years, do those floppy discs still work fine?
IMG

Mathius

Another awesome pickup, Beemer! I am glad they made it to a good home. :)

SignOfZeta

After dicking around trying to get a working XRGB for a sane price and failing. After mailing miserably trying to get anything but JAMMA boards and the Saturn to sync with the GBS8118...I leapt at the chance to get this:

IMG

Its a pro video monitor made by JVC. In that pic its hooked up to a PCE via composite, and even that looks good, but the real draw is:

IMG

RGB. Real RGB. Fully analog, RGB/RGBS, 15khz. No bullshit. No dot crawl. No nasty upscaling artifacts. No delay. No blur. No broken shadows. Nothing like that. Perfect. Flawless. FLAWLESS. When it comes to video quality I can bitch about anything. This though...zero flaws. Flaw. Less.

This monitor has amazingly few hours on it. Zero bloom or burn in and the focus is very very tight. I literally have every knob in its default position and the image is perfect.

I love the input controls too. It has mechanically self canceling buttons so instead of cycling through a huge list of inputs you just push the one you want and the input you were previously on pops out.

It has composite (BNC), Y/C (mini DIN), component RGB (BNC) and component YPbPr (BNC). It has a built in blue mode and color drop out for calibration. It even has a tiny little speaker!

The board there is the "Hispanic" (their term, not mine) version of Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha. I was surprised to learn there even was a "western hemisphere excluding the United States" version of this game since there is no blue board, at least not that I know of. I've wanted this ever since I learned it existed. I have the Saturn version of Street Fighter Zero 2' (Street Fighter alpha 2 Gold) which is pretty close, but not quite. Dramatic Battle, here I come!

The monitor I got on a trade. The thing I traded it for cost me $20. The board was $65.

IMG
IMG

Frank_fjs

Love those studio monitors, nice work!

BlueBMW

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 10/17/2012, 01:16 AMafter all these years, do those floppy discs still work fine?
Surprisingly, Ive run into very few bad floppy disks.  I guess when stored properly they last pretty good.

SuperDeadite

Got some nice pr0n rpgs in there bmw.  Rance (and anything by Alice Soft) is in the top of the Adult RPG world. :)
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

PunkCryborg

Nice Zeta! Yeah once you start using those monitors you cant go back to a regular TV. I had a little 13"er pvm and I recently upgraded to a 20" sony pvm which is also lovely. I think every "retro" gamer needs one of these. You don't realize how bad composite is until you see raw RGB.

Nando

Beemer, I am curious. How's the rest of the packaging on the games? Meaning the inserts, instruction booklets, etc. Rob had shown me Gradius and Castlevania's boxes and I was blown away by all the cool collateral that was included.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/17/2012, 07:58 AM
Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 10/17/2012, 01:16 AMafter all these years, do those floppy discs still work fine?
Surprisingly, Ive run into very few bad floppy disks.  I guess when stored properly they last pretty good.
Woah - how are those Neo ports? didn't know they did Garou Densetsu for the x68k.

And since you sent me that 2MB expansion (for 4MB total RAM) I can run Street Fighter, right? :D

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Nando on 10/17/2012, 09:30 AMBeemer, I am curious. How's the rest of the packaging on the games? Meaning the inserts, instruction booklets, etc. Rob had shown me Gradius and Castlevania's boxes and I was blown away by all the cool collateral that was included.
Depends on the game.  Being computer games, there were no rules really.  Some games even came with special controllers and adapters needed to play them in the box.  Konami's giant plastic bricks were from '93 which is quite late in the systems life.  YsIII came with a ton of shit like a mousepad.  Marble Madness came with an actual marble, etc.

The most insane one imo is Midgarts, which includes a 200 page manual setup like a DnD book with stats like STR/INT, etc for all the characters, plus pages and pages of history.  But the game itself is a straight-forward horizontal shooter. None of that stuff affects the game.  In fact the actual instructions is a tiny half page leaflet just thrown in the box lol.

SuperDeadite

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 10/17/2012, 10:07 AM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/17/2012, 07:58 AM
Woah - how are those Neo ports? didn't know they did Garou Densetsu for the x68k.

And since you sent me that 2MB expansion (for 4MB total RAM) I can run Street Fighter, right? :D
SFII' (Champion Edition) requires only 2mb of RAM.
Super SFII requires 4mbs (and 16mhz CPU).
Both games can use use additional RAM to load into though.  SFII' can fully load into RAM if you have 6mbs, then you never have to swap after boot up.  Both games also support HDD install, which is the way to go really.

Nando

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 10/17/2012, 10:11 AM
Quote from: Nando on 10/17/2012, 09:30 AMBeemer, I am curious. How's the rest of the packaging on the games? Meaning the inserts, instruction booklets, etc. Rob had shown me Gradius and Castlevania's boxes and I was blown away by all the cool collateral that was included.
Depends on the game.  Being computer games, there were no rules really.  Some games even came with special controllers and adapters needed to play them in the box.  Konami's giant plastic bricks were from '93 which is quite late in the systems life.  YsIII came with a ton of shit like a mousepad.  Marble Madness came with an actual marble, etc.

The most insane one imo is Midgarts, which includes a 200 page manual setup like a DnD book with stats like STR/INT, etc for all the characters, plus pages and pages of history.  But the game itself is a straight-forward horizontal shooter. None of that stuff affects the game.  In fact the actual instructions is a tiny half page leaflet just thrown in the box lol.
Damn, that's impressive. Long gone are those days that's for sure. Thanks SuperD!  I'll have to search teh webs for Midgarts. I am a sucker for awesome packaging and the Japanese still do it best, IMO.

Nando

Went home for lunch and the mail had already arrived!  :dance:

IMG

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Pokemon Yellow (Cart only): $1.50

In the mail today:

Mugen Souls LE + Figure Set: $99 (ouch)

IMG
IMG

Digi.k

Just got these in the post today.. now all I need to play FF6 is a Gameboy Advance handheld..

/P1010695-1.jpg

Opethian

IMG

PunkCryborg

sirhcman