The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Mishran on 12/12/2012, 04:47 AMJust got Metal Slug 5 MVS, which was the last slug game I needed for MVS.

The game is fun and has some cool features, but it just doesn't draw ya in and keep your attention like the others do. Just feels like its lacking something...
Yeah really 3 was a departure in a few ways from 1-X, then you got 4 and 5 which you could obviously tell were done by another developer. Does not make them bad, but yeah, you can just tell.

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 12/12/2012, 10:22 AM
Quote from: Mishran on 12/12/2012, 04:47 AMJust got Metal Slug 5 MVS, which was the last slug game I needed for MVS.

The game is fun and has some cool features, but it just doesn't draw ya in and keep your attention like the others do. Just feels like its lacking something...
Yeah really 3 was a departure in a few ways from 1-X, then you got 4 and 5 which you could obviously tell were done by another developer. Does not make them bad, but yeah, you can just tell.
Metal Slug 4 feels like a copy-pasta MUGEN game, lol. I sold my US AES copy 6-7 years ago to get me a JP copy of Last Blade 2 AES. I also did the same with my KOF 01,02, Rage of the Dragons and Matrimelee. Ended up buying JP Art of Fighting 1-3, Samurai Shodown 4 and Fatal Fury 3. Best decision I made in a while IMO. I do sometimes wish I kept Rage of the Dragons, but then again.... meh.

Opethian

4 and 5 are still better than 6

The series is hard pressed to top 3 or 2
IMG

CGQuarterly

At the suggestion of a fellow PCEFXer, I bought a sealed copy of John Madden Duo CD Football on Amazon.  Received it yesterday.

IMG
Here it is sealed.

IMG
And here it is open, because fuck sealed games.

There is still one left for sale from the same seller.  $27 shipped.

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

NecroPhile

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 12/10/2012, 11:41 PMHere's a shot of the Turbo/PCE section which was unfortunately sorely lacking and nuts expensive:
The prices may be high, but what stores are you shopping at that make these stacks look 'sorely lacking'?  That's a better selection of OBEY than any local place had 'round here, even 20 years ago.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jeffhlewis

They had quantity, sure. It was just the selection of titles that was lacking. No real standouts among the bunch from what I could see (even though my Japanese is a little rusty).

Was still a really cool store, though. The staff was pretty knowledgeable and really friendly.

turbokon

This arrived today in the mail for me from me:)

IMG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Deletion

That's awesome. Is that a new or old release? Where can I get one and not get raped on the price?

Joe Redifer

PCEngineHell

I thought that one looked pretty cool, but visually it just doesn't work too well with the original G-1 toys which is the stuff I really liked the most. The last Devastator G2 I had, I had that kit that added better legs to him and made him resemble the toon more. I never bothered to buy the forearm or head kits though, just seemed unnecessary.

IMG

Made his legs fairly poseable, and put him more in scale with the heftier combiners and larger bots.

turbokon

Quote from: Deletion on 12/14/2012, 11:29 PMThat's awesome. Is that a new or old release? Where can I get one and not get raped on the price?
I got this from toyarena, cheaper then what is going on eBay. There actually two devastator remake the maketoys green giant and Hercules. This is maketoys, I think it looka cooler and resemble more of the g1 version then the Hercules.

www.tg16pcemods.com

esteban

CONSTRUCTICON? I had... only 2-3 of the ?? needed to make that badboy back in the day.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Sparky

Turbokon that looks amazing, I have the the old 80's sears box set of him my grandma got me when I was a little punk, one of my favs.

Here is some new stuff for me.. Does anyone remember those cereal transfer things in the picture there? I found a stack of these and are the same ones i had when i was a kid. Press down with pencil on these things and they transfer anywhere :)

IMG

bob

Quote from: guest on 12/15/2012, 07:07 AMTurbokon that looks amazing, I have the the old 80's sears box set of him my grandma got me when I was a little punk, one of my favs.

Here is some new stuff for me.. Does anyone remember those cereal transfer things in the picture there? I found a stack of these and are the same ones i had when i was a kid. Press down with pencil on these things and they transfer anywhere :)

IMG
Presto magix!
I desperately search for a vintage cap'n crunch one which I am yet to find. Those are real, and they are spectacular.

munchiaz

Just got back from my trip to California. Visited Disney Land, SeaWorld, and Universal Studios. Had a Blast with the girlfriend. I also went to a few game shops in Anaheim and San Diego. Very disappointed in the turbo selection at these stores. Each Store had about 6 games. All common, and most loose, and over priced. But Here is what i managed to pick up during my vacation

IMG

IMG

Flare65

Some of my latest purchases.  The wife would kill me if she knew what I've spent.

IMG
The wife's cat decided to crash the picture since I wasn't giving her any attention.

IMG
IMG

VestCunt

Quote from: munchiaz on 12/15/2012, 12:27 PMI also went to a few game shops in Anaheim and San Diego. Very disappointed in the turbo selection at these stores. Each Store had about 6 games. All common, and most loose, and over priced.
I understand your disappointment, but this is the way it's always been on the TG secondary market.
Topic Adjourned.

jeffhlewis

Playing catch-up with the last few weeks of purchases...

IMG

-Sol-Feace (Mega CD)
-Funky Horror Band (Mega CD)
-Lunar (Mega CD)
-Ranma 1/2 (Mega CD)
-Detonator Orgun (Mega CD)
-Mega CD Game Can Vol 1 (Mega CD)
-Mega CD Game Can Vol 2 (Mega CD)
-GunCon 2 (w/ recoil, pedal, last sight - in prep for MGC 2013)

IMG

-Sin & Punishment (N64)
-Thunderforce 4 (Megadrive)
-Dodgeball Danpei (Megadrive)
-Star Cruiser (Megadrive)
-Puyo Puyo (Megadrive)
-Puyo Puyo 2 (Megadrive)

IMG

-Hardcore Gaming 101 Sega Arcade Classics, Volume 1 (http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/segabook.htm)
-Roland SC-55 Miidi Sound Canvas Module (for my x68000)

bob

Quote from: Flare65 on 12/15/2012, 02:58 PMSome of my latest purchases.  The wife would kill me if she knew what I've spent.

IMG
The wife's cat decided to crash the picture since I wasn't giving her any attention.
Sweet, it really is a shame there aren't enough cats on the Internet.

Sparky

That's an angry looking pussaaaaa

PunkCryborg

lol the cat is channeling your wife's anger at your game purchases

hoobs88

Quote from: turbokon on 12/14/2012, 11:01 PMThis arrived today in the mail for me from me:)

IMG
Nice! Devastator has always been my favorite Transformer.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Sparky

And more goodness today :).. The DC is my second fav system

IMG

bartre

Quote from: guest on 12/15/2012, 08:16 PMAnd more goodness today :).. The DC is my second fav system

IMG
god, you should just throw rippin riders in the trash, terrible game.
I can always get behind tony hawk 2 though, best one in the series, imo.

Sparky

Hahaha... For a $1.50 a game I will take a chance :P

MotherGunner

Me too Sparks, I got my system back in the day when they first dropped to $50 new.  Man, this still is one of the best systems out there.  Good times with this one, I have a small but respectable collection that includes Skies of Arcadia, one day I may finally get Power Stone.  Btw, I have a few new BleemCast discs (Gran Turismo, I believe), time for a raffle?  >=)
-MG

Opethian

Tony Hawk 2 has probably the best collection of songs in any of the series
IMG

Flare65

Quote from: galam on 12/15/2012, 05:46 PMSweet, it really is a shame there aren't enough cats on the Internet.
That's what I thought too!  :)

Bernie

Been getting some Xbox 360 and PS2 goodies lately.  My main buy being Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land for the PS2.  Firing it up in a bit.  :)

CGQuarterly

Quote from: MotherGunner on 12/15/2012, 09:09 PMMe too Sparks, I got my system back in the day when they first dropped to $50 new.  Man, this still is one of the best systems out there.  Good times with this one, I have a small but respectable collection that includes Skies of Arcadia, one day I may finally get Power Stone.  Btw, I have a few new BleemCast discs (Gran Turismo, I believe), time for a raffle?  >=)
How are those Bleemcast discs?  I've always been curious...

Chris

Opethian

Ive only ever used the Tekken 3 one but  it makes teh textures alot smoother
IMG

bob

Picked up double dragon for genesis complete. Plays in both, genesis and mega drive.

MotherGunner

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 12/16/2012, 02:27 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 12/15/2012, 09:09 PMMe too Sparks, I got my system back in the day when they first dropped to $50 new.  Man, this still is one of the best systems out there.  Good times with this one, I have a small but respectable collection that includes Skies of Arcadia, one day I may finally get Power Stone.  Btw, I have a few new BleemCast discs (Gran Turismo, I believe), time for a raffle?  >=)

Chris
They are awesome, raffle us up!
-MG

bartre

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 12/16/2012, 02:27 PM

Chris
I've only got the MGS one, but damn, it makes the game loads better, I can actually see what's going on now.
so in essence, awesome.

CGQuarterly

Thanks.  I'll keep an eye out for them.

Chris

NightWolve

Quote from: galam on 12/15/2012, 05:46 PM
Quote from: Flare65 on 12/15/2012, 02:58 PMSome of my latest purchases.  The wife would kill me if she knew what I've spent.
EvilYsCat.png
Sweet, it really is a shame there aren't enough cats on the Internet.
Hahaha! Yeah, shame there aren't enough and more of 'em with the audacity to be stepping on a copy of Ys IV and with a kind of smug look on their face while doing so...  :roll:

Nando

Quote from: turbokon on 12/14/2012, 11:01 PMThis arrived today in the mail for me from me:)

IMG
DROOL!!!

How much was that sucker?

Bernie

Got a few goodies over the last couple weeks.  This is some of it.  The iPods are for my girls.

/IMG_6059.JPG
/IMG_6060.JPG

Flare65

How do you like the Alice: The Madness Returns?  I loved the original and the new one was kinda bleh...  The musical score was OK, but not memorable.

turbokon

Nando, that set me back a little over a few Benjamin's but well worth though:)

www.tg16pcemods.com

xcrement5x

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 12/15/2012, 03:25 PMPlaying catch-up with the last few weeks of purchases...

IMG

-Sol-Feace (Mega CD)
-Funky Horror Band (Mega CD)
-Lunar (Mega CD)
-Ranma 1/2 (Mega CD)
-Detonator Orgun (Mega CD)
-Mega CD Game Can Vol 1 (Mega CD)
-Mega CD Game Can Vol 2 (Mega CD)
-GunCon 2 (w/ recoil, pedal, last sight - in prep for MGC 2013)

IMG
Wow another Mega-CD collector.  I'm not sure whether or not I should be concerned though ;)
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Opethian

IMG
looks like I was good this year! thanks to all those involved!
IMG

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 12/18/2012, 06:39 PMWow another Mega-CD collector.  I'm not sure whether or not I should be concerned though ;)
I paid a pretty penny for those copies of Game Can - were you part of that bidding war? haha.

Mega CD actually I think is the next set I'm going to try to complete. Not a ton of games and most seem attainable...

bartre

Not exactly recent pickups, but all have been bought since i last bothered to look here, with the exception of the beefcase, just loading pics for proof.

/IMG_0715_zps4642e9e3.jpg

I gotta say, pleasantly surprised by fate/extra, wasn't expecting much, what with the rock paper scissors battle system, but the story is awesome!
and a powerpak, because I finally got tired of all those NES games taking up so much space.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

xcrement5x

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 12/20/2012, 11:34 AM
Quote from: guest on 12/18/2012, 06:39 PMWow another Mega-CD collector.  I'm not sure whether or not I should be concerned though ;)
I paid a pretty penny for those copies of Game Can - were you part of that bidding war? haha.

Mega CD actually I think is the next set I'm going to try to complete. Not a ton of games and most seem attainable...
Heh, I haven't picked up many recently myself so that wasn't me bidding against ya.  I've got almost all the JP exclusives except for like 3 at this point, but the last ones I need are slow to come up.  If you are going for a collection let me know, I've got some dupes I need to get rid of but have been lazing around on if you're interested.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

PukeSter

Quote from: Opethian on 12/18/2012, 09:01 PMIMG
looks like I was good this year! thanks to all those involved!
Salamander on PCE is an amazing shooter, much better than Gradius. You will have many fun evenings with that one. :D

bust3dstr8

Got this for $35 non working.  After a lot of cursing and repairs I got it working finally.
Nemesis has some oddball pinout so a custom adapter had to be made also.

/nem2r.jpg
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG