The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 04/20/2013, 11:22 PMCome visit and bring home a Canadian girl... They can really wash down a table.
Ha!  You made me snort Mt. Dew out my nose.  :lol:

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

MrFlutterPie

Just got this in the mail:

/qN4rfUm.jpg

I paid about $13 for each game which isn't too shabby. 

Now story time.  Every since I got into the turbo playing CD's was my mostly holy grail of all things.  When I saw  the ebay pricing I wondered how I woud ever be able to afford a Duo or CD player.  The game that I most wanted to play was Fighting Street.  I was obsessed with getting the ability to play CD's then getting Fighting street.  A while ago I picked up a PCE Duo and there issues with it until only a few months ago.  I finally got the Duo up and running perfectly.  Today I fulfill my goal of playing Fighting Street.

And boy does it suck... :lol:

RoyVegas

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 04/22/2013, 11:47 AMToday I fulfill my goal of playing Fighting Street.

And boy does it suck... :lol:
Don't worry, Ys will more than make up for it.
All is well. :)

Bardoly

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 04/22/2013, 11:07 AM
Quote from: Bardoly on 04/22/2013, 11:00 AMWhat two games are the two on the bottom row far right?
jigoku miguri and liquid kids
Thanks.  These two look interesting, so I've added them to my wish list.

Nando

Quote from: Bardoly on 04/22/2013, 01:21 PM
Quote from: Bardoly on 04/22/2013, 11:00 AMWhat two games are the two on the bottom row far right?
Liquid Kids is a total blast to play.

Yamazaki

Quote from: guest on 04/19/2013, 12:06 PMThat's one I'd like to have, but not at the price it usually fetches.  How cheap did ya snag it for?
paid about 50$

Mathius

Quote from: Nando on 04/22/2013, 01:56 PM
Quote from: Bardoly on 04/22/2013, 01:21 PM
Liquid Kids is a total blast to play.
Bonze Adventure (no that is not a typo) is decent as well. The arcade version is at least.

nectarsis

Been after replacing this one for some time, Longshot's been a fave since I was a kid  :dance:

/DSCN3474_zpse7d7fafc.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Sparky

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/22/2013, 04:43 PMBeen after replacing this one for some time, Longshot's been a fave since I was a kid  :dance:
Hahahaha....You are my brother i swear... me to!!!
That and Power Pack and Blue Devil.. 

wavering

I went a little wild on PS2 ebay lots in March.  I finally finished cleaning all of these.  Every last one had a giant price sticker from a failed game store.

IMG

bob

wavering

And a few recent pick ups of the best franchises known to mankind.

IMG

Mathius

Does one of those PS2 games say "Crimson Sex 2"? LOL

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Mathius on 04/22/2013, 10:43 PMDoes one of those PS2 games say "Crimson Sex 2"? LOL
Pretty sure that's Crimson Sea 2 but I also thought the same thing, haha.

wavering

Freaky Flyers has a pretty racy manual.  Bullet boobies everywhere!

MotherGunner

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 04/22/2013, 10:54 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 04/22/2013, 10:43 PMDoes one of those PS2 games say "Crimson Sex 2"? LOL
Pretty sure that's Crimson Sea 2 but I also thought the same thing, haha.
I always misread game titles too.  Being a beaner, I always saw/read "Salsa Frontier."   :lol:

IMG
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

jeffhlewis

Quote from: MotherGunner on 04/23/2013, 08:24 PMI always misread game titles too.  Being a beaner, I always saw/read "Salsa Frontier."   :lol:
IMG

roflmao

It's been awhile since I've done one of these posts, so I'm pretty sure this is everything of note over the past couple months or so.

IMG

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.  My real camera isn't at home right now.  Here are a few close up pics.

IMG

My Turbo Express has been away for some mod work for awhile so I've been looking into Game Boy / Color / Advance games to feed the handheld hunger.  Top right is Sigma Star Saga.  Below that is Monster Rancher Advance 2.  Below that is Bomberman Max 2: Blue. To the left is Advance Wars 2. And finally to the left of that is Mario Tennis.  I was hoping Mario Tennis would be one of the few GBC games that would run on the Super Game Boy, but it doesn't.

IMG

Above you can see my recent OBEY.  I have Splatterhouse on the way as well.  Woot!

IMG

Astro Warrior was included in my original Sega Master System bitd and I've had a hankering to play it again recently.  It hasn't disappointed. 

IMG

I also found this Game Boy game at a local used-stuff shop.  It's fun.  Very old-school. :D

IMG

I have had a loose version of Ys III for awhile, but found this for $7 or $8 locally and couldn't pass it up.  And I sold the loose cart for $7 so yeehaa.

IMG

I picked this up this morning and have only played it for about half an hour this evening, but it seems like it'll be fun for awhile.

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: MotherGunner on 04/23/2013, 08:24 PMI always misread game titles too.  Being a beaner, I always saw/read "Salsa Frontier."   :lol:
IMG
I've had this game since it came out and never beat one scenario. Apparently I kept screwing myself with the way I would level up. You level up with stats instead of levels, much like Final Fantasy 2 JP. The Hit Point and Life Points system is what would get me. I would level up a character like when playing Rogue or Blue's scenario, get far, and always die at the final/or later battles. I kept getting killed in two turns or so, resurrect my characters and then run out of Life Points, die again and game over. Seriously, how is it that they would make a game where if you level up too much in a certain way, you will never win?!?!? WTF dude???

Anywho, the game has amazing graphics, sound and just overall atmosphere to it. I guess I will give it another go and just do what they say on Gamefaqs and make a character that can do all of those wrestling like chain moves when not equipped with a weapon.

xcrement5x

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 04/23/2013, 10:41 PM
IMG
That image is sorely lacking the the Maracas Department.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Arkhan Asylum

man saga frontier was the bane of a few PS1 controllers in my house.   What a frustratingly awesome game.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SmaMan

Dragon Spirit for my PCE came in today. I certainly think it was worth the wait. It takes so damn long to ship anything from Asia.

I bought New Adventure Island (or whatever the Japanese name of it is called) today and it's on it's way from California, so hopefully it won't take nearly as long.

By the ways does anyone else find it needlessly confusing that Dragon's Curse is called Adventure Island? I mean yeah it's related to it in a way, but when this "new" one is around you'd think it would be some kind of sequel or remake to that one!  ](*,)
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

turboswimbz

Quote from: SmaMan on 04/24/2013, 06:27 PMDragon Spirit for my PCE came in today. I certainly think it was worth the wait. It takes so damn long to ship anything from Asia.

I bought New Adventure Island (or whatever the Japanese name of it is called) today and it's on it's way from California, so hopefully it won't take nearly as long.

By the ways does anyone else find it needlessly confusing that Dragon's Curse is called Adventure Island? I mean yeah it's related to it in a way, but when this "new" one is around you'd think it would be some kind of sequel or remake to that one!  ](*,)
LOL. there is a sticky topic covering this - hopefully someone will link it.  Also there was a great gamesack episode on this line of games and why they have diffrent names.  Unfourtantly I'm unable to link via mobile at the mintue.

ALSO: watch GAMESACK on youtube, it is quite well done, one of the best out there on retro gaming.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Mathius

Quote from: turboswimbz on 04/24/2013, 07:02 PM
Quote from: SmaMan on 04/24/2013, 06:27 PMDragon Spirit for my PCE came in today. I certainly think it was worth the wait. It takes so damn long to ship anything from Asia.

LOL. there is a sticky topic covering this - hopefully someone will link it.  Also there was a great gamesack episode on this line of games and why they have diffrent names.  Unfourtantly I'm unable to link via mobile at the mintue.

ALSO: watch GAMESACK on youtube, it is quite well done, one of the best out there on retro gaming.
We know of GameSack. :wink:

SmaMan

Quote from: turboswimbz on 04/24/2013, 07:02 PM

I actually found that video today when I got curious about it. (I agree, seems like a great show. I'll have to watch more.) but they didn't mention how/why Dragon's Curse was called Adventure Island in Japan, which in the grand scheme of things just makes this already complicated relationship between the two series even more so.

We can only be thankful that the same didn't happen with Mario and Doki Doki Panic...
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.

roflmao

Re: Game Sack - Joe (the ginger beardy guy) is a regular 'round these parts.  There's a rather extensive thread here.  :mrgreen:

EDIT: The show is awesome on many levels.  They give plenty of shout-outs to Turbo/PCE games and, for the most part, it's wicked awesome. (As a nerdy gamer I have to disagree with some of their opinions. :P)

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Sega 32x (console only) : $2.50

$10 Sega Genesis lot:

Genesis Model 1 (HD Graphics)
RF Adapter
AC Adapter
Two Controllers

6 games (cart only)--
The Great Circus Mystery (Mickey Mouse)
Genesis 6-Pak
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Radical Rex
Aero the Acrobat
Sonic 2
IMG

Mishran

The Goodwills' around these parts has gotten very greedy with pricing. I saw a Genesis (model1) with controller, RF, and AC at one and they had a $40 price tag on it. I asked the lady at the register what was up with the hefty price tag and she told me it was what "these things" go for now. I don't bother with Goodwill much anymore.

SmaMan

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 04/25/2013, 12:21 AMGoodwill:

Sega 32x (console only) : $2.50

$10 Sega Genesis lot:

Genesis Model 1 (HD Graphics)
RF Adapter
AC Adapter
Two Controllers

6 games (cart only)--
The Great Circus Mystery (Mickey Mouse)
Genesis 6-Pak
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Radical Rex
Aero the Acrobat
Sonic 2
Damn, you got lucky dude! A 32x for 2.50?! Welcome to the next level, indeed.

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

PunkCryborg

ApolloBoy

Picked up a MegaFlashROM SCC SD cart for my MSX, Sanwa buttons and balltop for my AES stick and a Unibios for my AES!
IMG

Nando

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Nando on 04/25/2013, 04:21 PMAny extras over owning the two HuCards?
anime cut scenes and funky tunes

whisper2053

Not a purchase, per se, but one of the guys here is ETS'ing out of the army next week and passed a bunch of his stuff off to me today...got myself a carpet for the room, new-ish microwave, and...

/imag0054ld.jpg

...this snazzy Samsung TX-R2765. You just can't beat free :D
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

PCEngineHell

If all arrives safe and sound (some of it already has):

the following Sega Saturn import and US titles

Mortal Kombat 2
Virtua Fighter Remix
Sky Target
Die Hard Arcade
Battle Monsters
Virtua Fighter 2
Duke 3d complete
Sega Ages (US one)
Gex
King of Fighters 95 boxed
King of Fighters  97 boxed
World Heroes Perfect (two copies)
X-Men vs Street Fighter (two copies)
Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter
Vampire Saviour (two copies)
Ragnagard
All Japan Pro featuring VF
Mobile Suit Gundam
Samurai Spirits 3
Samurai Spirits 4
Real Bout Fatal Fury boxed
Toshinden URA
Dracula X
Anarchy in the Nippon
Asuka 120% Burning Fest Limited
Bulk Slash
Deadalus
Donpachi
Dead or Alive
DXhird
Golden Axe Duel
Gradius Deluxe Pack
Groove On Fight
Gun Griffon
Keio Flying Squadron 2
King the Spirits 2
Last Bronx
Layer Section 2
SDF Macross
Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story 2
Nekketsu Oyako
Prikura Daisakusen
Rabbit
Sengoku Ace Episode 2
Sega Rally Championship
Snatcher
Street Fighter Zero
Strikers 1945 II
Thunderforce Gold Pack 2
Thunderforce 5
Vampire Hunter: Darkstalkers' Revenge
Wipeout XL
X-Men COTA
Fire Pro Wrestling 6 Men Scramble
King of Fighters 96
Fatal Fury Real Bout Special
Galaxy Fight

dingsbums

Opethian

Quote from: dingsbums on 04/27/2013, 04:48 AM/img2236zm.jpg
Sturmwind finally shipped? lol I actually picked up Gunlord on DC its pretty rad!
IMG

bob

Quote from: dingsbums on 04/27/2013, 04:48 AM/img2236zm.jpg
I LOVE the SMS port of castle of illusion for some reason. I need to get my hands on that. (and Dick Tracy)

Sparky

Not game related but still fun...

It is my $15 purchase today...with training wheels :P
Motorbike battery in it tomorrow and a helmet on my girl :)

IMG

munchiaz

Recent pickups. Thanks to wmacmonagle for the parasol stars

IMG

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Super Mario Sunshine (Black Label / Complete): $2.50
IMG

jeffhlewis

Quote from: galam on 04/27/2013, 08:33 PMI LOVE the SMS port of castle of illusion for some reason. I need to get my hands on that. (and Dick Tracy)
US SMS Dick Tracy CIB is actually tough to find (at least for a decent price).

(of course as I'm typing this figures there's a CIB on eBay right now for $30: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dick-Tracy-Sega-Master-US-Version-/200914733963?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2ec7738b8b)

jeffhlewis

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 04/27/2013, 01:47 AMIf all arrives safe and sound (some of it already has):

the following Sega Saturn import and US titles

Mortal Kombat 2
Virtua Fighter Remix
Sky Target
Die Hard Arcade
Battle Monsters
Virtua Fighter 2
Duke 3d complete
Sega Ages (US one)
Gex
King of Fighters 95 boxed
King of Fighters  97 boxed
World Heroes Perfect (two copies)
X-Men vs Street Fighter (two copies)
Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter
Vampire Saviour (two copies)
Ragnagard
All Japan Pro featuring VF
Mobile Suit Gundam
Good god man - what did that set you back?

PikachuWarrior

IMG

TR0N

Pair of snes extension controller cables for the sfc.Since i found out the hard way,it's cord is very short.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

MrFlutterPie

I grabbed a U.S CD system card 2.0 from my local shop in anticipation for my CD set up :D

VenomMacbeth

I traded in a bunch of stuff & got a model 1 Genesis w/ two six-button controllers.  Also, my friend gave me this:

IMG

It only accepts mono RCA input, but it has RGB input as well.  Plus it looks all retro & shit. :D  Looks like I might be learning how to do RGB mods...or paying someone to do them for me.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!