RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFlutterPie

/ZEBB6gh.jpg

Walking Dead TPB volume 2-14.

Total cost $12 :D

munchiaz

Some new stuff. Got the Pokemon from my brother. Glad I got the game & watch collection 2. I missed out on the first one on club Nintendo. I used to really enjoy playing the game & watch collection on the game boy

IMG

Mishran

Picked up a nice Android 4.1 tablet today with a 9" wide screen display. Not a bad little device. Stopped at a cool game store not far from me and snagged a complete Virtua Racing for the Genny and a Gyromite converter cart from a collectibles store in the mall. Almost grabbed one of those nice Sega brand Genesis 3 button arcade sticks, but wasn't sure if $10 was a good deal for it or not.

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (GBC): $.75 cents.
IMG

chany60126

Saturday morning hauly. :)

IMG

Sparky

Quote from: chany60126 on 05/19/2013, 12:55 PMSaturday morning hauly. :)
If you got that stuff at a yard sale I will shit myself.

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/19/2013, 02:41 PMI suspect he went downtown  8)
I share that opinion.

...It's been a while since someone posted some Turbob. I am kinda groovin' that Silent Debuggers box art.

bob

Quote from: Mathius on 05/19/2013, 03:24 PM...It's been a while since someone posted some Turbob.
No kidding.  I think my head would explode if I actually found some 'bob in the "true" wild.  Meaning, not flea market gougers.

My local thrift has been treating me kindly lately.  $2 each...

dotsandloops.com/turbo/def.jpg

Flare65

Quote from: Mishran on 05/18/2013, 10:52 PMPicked up a nice Android 4.1 tablet today with a 9" wide screen display. Not a bad little device. Stopped at a cool game store not far from me and snagged a complete Virtua Racing for the Genny and a Gyromite converter cart from a collectibles store in the mall. Almost grabbed one of those nice Sega brand Genesis 3 button arcade sticks, but wasn't sure if $10 was a good deal for it or not.
Thats ab out the going rate for those sticks.  I see them with original box for 15 and 9.99 loose.

Mishran

Quote from: Flare65 on 05/19/2013, 06:14 PM
Quote from: Mishran on 05/18/2013, 10:52 PMPicked up a nice Android 4.1 tablet today with a 9" wide screen display. Not a bad little device. Stopped at a cool game store not far from me and snagged a complete Virtua Racing for the Genny and a Gyromite converter cart from a collectibles store in the mall. Almost grabbed one of those nice Sega brand Genesis 3 button arcade sticks, but wasn't sure if $10 was a good deal for it or not.
Thats ab out the going rate for those sticks.  I see them with original box for 15 and 9.99 loose.
Well if that's the case, perhaps I'll grab it next time I'm up there. Never used one, but heard good things about them. The android tab wound up going back. Damn thing started freezing up a lot and something didnt seem right with the browser. Wouldn't always register taps on the screen. A shame since it seemed really nice at first.

NecroPhile

I found one of those Magical Chase soundtracks in Saturday's mail.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Mishran on 05/19/2013, 08:58 PMWouldn't always register taps on the screen. A shame since it seemed really nice at first.
Shit... My Google Nexus phone has started doing the same thing.  I thought it was just me with greasy fingers.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

SmaMan

IMG
I'm curious about that "Parasol Stars" game. Is it somehow related to the Rainbow Islands/Bubble Bobble series?
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

NecroPhile

Quote from: SmaMan on 05/20/2013, 02:59 PMI'm curious about that "Parasol Stars" game. Is it somehow related to the Rainbow Islands/Bubble Bobble series?
Yarr.  It's hard to read at that size, but the subtitle beneath Parasol Stars reads as "The Story of Bubble Bobble III".
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bob

Quote from: guest on 05/20/2013, 03:09 PM
Quote from: SmaMan on 05/20/2013, 02:59 PMI'm curious about that "Parasol Stars" game. Is it somehow related to the Rainbow Islands/Bubble Bobble series?
Yarr.  It's hard to read at that size, but the subtitle beneath Parasol Stars reads as "The Story of Bubble Bobble III".
...and it's SPECTACULAR

Nando

Quote from: galam on 05/20/2013, 03:19 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/20/2013, 03:09 PM
...and it's SPECTACULAR
ADDICTING!!

SmaMan

Aaand another title to add to my PCE wishlist. :P
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.

whisper2053

/imag0089fs.jpg

Today's haul. Finally got some of the Atomiswave carts in! Good times :D
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

SmaMan

Wow... me too. Though I suppose the words "Parasol Stars" meant nothing to me until a few hours ago... dammit I'm never going to afford all this awesome OBEY!

Well, I got a couple in last week to cross off the list anyway...
IMG
The Alien Crush on the right is from forum member Trenton_net, btw. Great seller! Check his thread out for some great trades/sales.

Opethian

Adventure island is one of the best PCE games evar
IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Bardoly

IMG
Nice!

Is that Parasol Stars box an extra?   =P~  If so, I'd be glad to take it off your hands.   :-"

Bardoly

/img4899dk.jpg
cheap SNES games from Japan - GS Mikami; Dezaemon, Kaite Tsukutte Asoberu; Hameln no Violin Hiki; & Popful Mail

GS Mikami is really quite good!  It's kind of a Castlevania clone, but definitely with it's own style

/img4908d.jpg
$20 at a garage sale

/img4908d.jpg and some PC Engine goodness  :)

Ninja Spirit

Another Video Games New York run a couple of weeks ago...
/5bc52352b5c511e2beb322000aaa0754_7.jpg
/3c7ca776b5bc11e2873d22000aaa0773_7.jpg

Then here's a bombshell....a package of free loose Super Famicom carts from an Instagram follower in Okinawa Japan.
/f0c23956bcb211e2b2fd22000a9e0875_7.jpg

SmaMan

Good call on that Sega Saturn Vampire Savior, dude. I have Vampire Hunter on Saturn and Chronicle on Dreamcast and have enjoyed the crap out of them.

Quote from: Opethian on 05/21/2013, 09:13 AMAdventure island is one of the best PCE games evar
So far I'd pretty much have to agree with you. (But I really like the pinball games, so it's a touch call...) I like how open world it is despite being a 2D platformer. I haven't played any of the Wonder Boy games besides the first one. (Thank you, other game called Adventure Island.)
Btw, how do I get those "?" Items in the shops? I can't seem to buy them even if I have enough gold.

bob

Quote from: Bardoly on 05/21/2013, 10:17 AMcheap SNES games from Japan - GS Mikami; Dezaemon, Kaite Tsukutte Asoberu; Hameln no Violin Hiki; & Popful Mail

GS Mikami is really quite good!  It's kind of a Castlevania clone, but definitely with it's own style

/img4908d.jpg
$20 at a garage sale

and some PC Engine goodness]  :)
GB Player WITH disc.  Good score. Tough to find them together. Especially nice its the black GC.

MrFlutterPie

/F2oP8j7.jpg

I am both simultaneously excited and horrified at the same time.

A 6 year hunt ends today.

Let it be known that May 21st 2013 will forever be Neo day.

Nando

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 05/21/2013, 01:01 PM/F2oP8j7.jpg

IMG

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: Nando on 05/21/2013, 01:04 PM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 05/21/2013, 01:01 PM/F2oP8j7.jpg

IMG
Ewwww what is that?

bob

I think hes saying this sandwich would go good with a sprite.

chany60126

MrFlutterPie

Oh I see the Hot Dog now lol.

I'm just a Ketchup, mustard and if I'm feeling wild, relish kinda of guy.

jeffhlewis

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 05/21/2013, 03:09 PM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 05/21/2013, 02:17 PMEwwww what is that?
Let me take you back to 1991:

IMG
Thank you Jeff... LOL--

I can't believe you didn't get that right away.  :P
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jeffhlewis

Fear for your soul my friend...I didn't think it was possible but AES prices have actually gotten WORSE in the past year. Even my top-secret AES new-old-stock resource online has jacked up the most basic games to $50-90 a piece.

Still think neo-geo.com forums are probably the best source but I haven't ventured back there in ages. Flame war central.

MrFlutterPie

IMG
Ohhh I get ya now lol.

I mostly read Nintendo Power as a kid in the 90's so I was a bit rusty.

Nando

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 05/21/2013, 03:59 PM

IMG
Ohhh I get ya now lol.

I mostly read Nintendo Power as a kid in the 90's so I was a bit rusty.
;)

SmaMan

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 05/21/2013, 03:33 PMStill think neo-geo.com forums are probably the best source but I haven't ventured back there in ages. Flame war central.
I was lurking around there a while back. They're too busy hacking the Neo-Geo X right now... and occasionally flame warring over the ethics of that.

chany60126

Occasionally great deals can be had on N-G from people getting out of collecting. I've gotten some rock bottom prices for AES games relative to the going prices. You just have to be very patient and vigilant of the sales threads.

TR0N

Quote from: SmaMan on 05/21/2013, 06:33 PM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 05/21/2013, 03:33 PMStill think neo-geo.com forums are probably the best source but I haven't ventured back there in ages. Flame war central.
I was lurking around there a while back. They're too busy hacking the Neo-Geo X right now... and occasionally flame warring over the ethics of that.
There's deals to be had there still. Though i haven't bought a game for my cmvs in quite a few years at least  :oops: Still i hear it's pretty bad now getting a good deal for the aes on ebay for how much, it's getting flooded with boots now.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Mishran

Stopped in at the local thrift shop this morning and walked out with a Sega 6 button arcade stick for Genny still in the box with a bonus Genny 2 RF unit, a 30gb iPod photo in good condition loaded to the brim with songs, and 3 X-Com PC games (UFO Defense, Terror from the Deep, and Interceptor) for $10. Picked the right day to stop in cause I was told the arcade stick and iPod were just put out today.

VenomMacbeth

Got this in the mail today.

IMG

Very exciting, I know.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Mathius

This is the most exciting Gets over the last few months. I am way overdue posting Tatsujin and Radiant Silvergun. Thanks goes to Bernie and geise. I won the Sega CD on eBay via auction. It looked like it had barely been played.

/IMG_20130522_203305_zpsa9b50e6b.jpg

MrFlutterPie

I have never seen a front loader sega CD box until now.

Looks sick dude!

Mathius

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 05/22/2013, 08:58 PMI have never seen a front loader sega CD box until now.

Looks sick dude!
I wanted a boxed one ever since I stupidly sold my original one back in the 90s. Reunite!

Tatsujin

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 05/22/2013, 08:06 PMGot this in the mail today.

IMG

Very exciting, I know.
I am very certain about that your excitement will drop to the basement, once you turned on the switch.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

Hey Math, great get on teh Tats00jin :D

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/22/2013, 10:05 PMHey Math, great get on teh Tats00jin :D
Hard as balls but great sounding tunes makes the fight easier.