@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/22/2013, 10:04 PMI am very certain about that your excitement will drop to the basement, once you turned on the switch.
Oh it did.  After playing the Mega CD version on my PSP for the past week, this...was a huge letdown.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Tatsujin

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 05/22/2013, 10:41 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/22/2013, 10:04 PMI am very certain about that your excitement will drop to the basement, once you turned on the switch.
Oh it did.  After playing the Mega CD version on my PSP for the past week, this...was a huge letdown. 
But cheer up, at least it still is a PCE game :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

Quote from: Mathius on 05/22/2013, 10:27 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/22/2013, 10:05 PMHey Math, great get on teh Tats00jin :D
Hard as balls but great sounding tunes makes the fight easier.
sure one of the hardest out there ever. the gaps are tight but the tunez are right!
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

xcrement5x

Quote from: Mathius on 05/22/2013, 08:39 PMThis is the most exciting Gets over the last few months. I am way overdue posting Tatsujin and Radiant Silvergun. Thanks goes to Bernie and geise. I won the Sega CD on eBay via auction. It looked like it had barely been played.

/zpsa9b50e6b.jpg
Wow, that can't have been cheap; congrats on it though!  Does it have all the little pack ins and everything?  The one I found locally a couple years ago had the UPC cut out of it as well, but the price was too good to pass up.

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/22/2013, 10:55 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 05/22/2013, 10:27 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/22/2013, 10:05 PMHey Math, great get on teh Tats00jin :D
Hard as balls but great sounding tunes makes the fight easier.
sure one of the hardest out there ever. the gaps are tight but the tunez are right!
Zuntata!!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Mathius

Unfortunately all the pack-ins were missing.

I waited until the right price came around on each item. I paid substantially less as a result. :)

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 05/23/2013, 02:54 PMZuntata!!
Did Zuntata do the OST for Tatsujin?  It sounds too Toaplan for them..
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

BlueBMW

Lunar 2 is the best part of that lot ;)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/23/2013, 08:22 PMLunar 2 is the best part of that lot ;)
Hehe. I still need to complete my Lunar 2 for the SCD. I have the case, disc, and manual but need a rear insert. Strangely the copy I bought had the Lunar 1 rear insert. Anyone want to trade? :)

BlueBMW

My lunar 2 SCD is a loose disc so I cant help you there.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bardoly

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 05/22/2013, 10:41 PM
I'll take it off of your hands if want...   :-"

Bardoly

Secured 2 more boxes!

/img4911ad.jpg

Only 20 more boxes to go...

If anyone has the boxes for any of the following, I'd love to trade/buy them from you.

Andre Panza Kick Boxing
Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure
Devil's Crush
Fighting Street
Impossamole
J.B. Harold Murder Club
Legendary Axe II, The
Lords of the Rising Sun
Magical Chase...  :roll:
Moto Roader
Night Creatures
Parasol Stars
Raiden
Sinistron
Super Star Soldier
Timeball
Tricky Kick
Turrican
Veigues Tactical Gladiator
Ys Book I & II
Ys III: Wanderers From Ys

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/23/2013, 09:02 PMMy lunar 2 SCD is a loose disc so I cant help you there.
Appreciate the thought, brother. :)

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Mathius on 05/23/2013, 10:40 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/23/2013, 09:02 PMMy lunar 2 SCD is a loose disc so I cant help you there.
My lunar 2 is missing the manual so if you ever upgrade to a complete one I'll buy the scraps :)

Mathius

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 05/23/2013, 10:50 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 05/23/2013, 10:40 PM
My lunar 2 is missing the manual so if you ever upgrade to a complete one I'll buy the scraps :)
Deal :)

NecroPhile

Thanks to xelement, my Keith Kourage is now komplete with the komik.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ninja Spirit

Early Birthday present to myself

/d9c4a9f6c3cd11e2ae4022000ae911aa_7.jpg
/9b905c4ec3d111e28c1022000a9e08e0_7.jpg

Mathius

Three of the best systems made by human hands. A line-up of true classics. :)

SmaMan

That's three different versions TwinBees. What does that make it... Pop'n Detana SextupleBee?
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

esadajr

Japanese box art is so cool...
Gaming since 1985

munchiaz

Got this 19" TV at goodwill for $1. Its got S-video, component and composite. It will replace my 27" Sanyo that is just to big

IMG

Got this stuff recently as well. Flash duel is a really fun simple, but deep board game. If you like board games i suggest checking it out

IMG

BlueBMW

wavering

Some more PS2 RPGs and my final SquareSoft PS2 game, now its on to complete PS1 SquareSoft games.

IMG

bob

RGC was my favorite DS game I had before I sold it off. The ergonomics of it killed my hands.

After a brief sidebar with Psycho jlued686, I had an itchin for some vinyl thriftin' today

dotsandloops.com/turbo/records.jpg

Tatsujin

SmaMan

Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.

Nando

Said it before, will say it again. LOVE, LOVE the look of the SFC.  That's the platformer for it correct?

Tatsujin

no, that's poop'n tweenbee, the shewty :)

very neat game btw :)

esteban

STATUS: happy birthday! Isn't it in December, though? Talk about an early present.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Ninja Spirit

The platformer (Sonic the Hedgehog clone if you ask me) is "Twinbee Rainbow Bell Adventure"

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: esteban on 05/25/2013, 08:11 AMSTATUS: happy birthday! Isn't it in December, though? Talk about an early present.  :pcgs:
It's today :D

Nando

Well color me informed! Thanks Tatsu and Ninja. Will add those to my ever growing list of SFC games :D

BlueBMW

This came in the mail quite unexpectedly today....

/fbvb_zps7cf68075.jpg

Dalder

Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/25/2013, 09:23 PMThis came in the mail quite unexpectedly today....

/fbvb_zps7cf68075.jpg
Nice one Beamer !!! where did you score that one ? and Bound High too ? I want these for my collection please let me know via PM many thanks !!!

TheClash603

I got my faceball a few weeks ago :)  Did you get a smiley beamer?

Dalder, I don't think the game is officially for sale, a few copies went out to those who helped the original acquisition of the game.  As I understand, a remixed version is anticipated someday.

SmaMan

Niiice! Now see, Faceball is one of those games that I think could actually work on the Virtual Boy. Did it ever get past that "prototype edition?"

BlueBMW

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/26/2013, 12:23 AMI got my faceball a few weeks ago :)  Did you get a smiley beamer?
I did not.  I was probably one of the later shipments.  I know he only had a set number of smileys.  No matter, I was delighted to find the copy in the mailbox.

Tatsujin

TheClash603

Prototype edition is a full and playable game.  Looks like 25 more will go for sale randomly, good luck trying to get one to all who originally missed out.

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=24296#forumpost24296

SuperDeadite

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/26/2013, 12:45 AMPrototype edition is a full and playable game.  Looks like 25 more will go for sale randomly, good luck trying to get one to all who originally missed out.

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=24296#forumpost24296
There is going to me a "remastered edition" which features the fan hacked ROM as well.  Has like 3 times more levels,
plus more BGM and other features that are locked in the unaltered proto.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/26/2013, 01:14 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/26/2013, 12:45 AMPrototype edition is a full and playable game.  Looks like 25 more will go for sale randomly, good luck trying to get one to all who originally missed out.

There is going to me a "remastered edition" which features the fan hacked ROM as well.  Has like 3 times more levels,
plus more BGM and other features that are locked in the unaltered proto.
A preview of a bonus level:

IMG

(NOTE: You know I'll keep recycling this damn thing whenever I get a chance...)

wavering

Went to go drop some stuff off at Goodwill and hit 3 thrift stores this morning and all had more than sports titles which is pretty rare in this area.
IMG

Ninja Spirit

That reminds me, couple months ago while taking a walk around town, found a CRT television on the sidewalk
/942955_10200874908537013_1397628339_n.jpg

The result....
My game setup 2.0
/f0441caeb5ed11e2bdce22000aaa0927_7.jpg

Mathius

Those five consoles are about all a retro gamer really needs. :wink:

Joe Redifer

No, you need to have a Genesis. And a Master System or at least a Power Base Converter. And a CD drive for that PCE.

bob

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/26/2013, 06:27 PMNo, you need to have a Genesis. And a Master System or at least a Power Base Converter. And a CD drive for that PCE.
Agreed on the PCE CD and Master System. My bads. To be honest, the Genesis just doesn't get much love from me anymore. Sure I can't go a year without playing Strider, SOR2, and a select few others. Maybe it's the video quality that does it. My Genesis is out getting an S-Video mod at this very moment. I am betting that will change my mind as my Master System has been FM and S-Vid modded. I have an entirely different view on the SMS since I had that done.

But as great as the SMS is having a Saturn with region switching is the premier Sega console to own. I have had more fun with the Saturn since I got back into gaming than any other system Sega has released. :)

roflmao

Quote from: Mathius on 05/26/2013, 08:28 PMBut as great as the SMS is having a Saturn with region switching is the premier Sega console to own. I have had more fun with the Saturn since I got back into gaming than any other system Sega has released. :)
I agree.  Before I joined these forums (which not only got me expanding my library of Obey, but all of my older consoles) I had hardly given my Saturn a second thought. But it's been played an awful lot over the past few years.  So glad I never got rid of it.  It such a shame that there are so few, good, cheap US titles.

However, I have also been playing a lot of Dreamcast lately also.  Y'know what?  You really can't go wrong with any Sega console.  They all have their gems.

I ordered a loose Populous HuCARD today. :)  I found a loose SNES Populous cart in my office this morning and with all the recent chatter here, figured I'd pick the PC Engine version up while it's still dirt cheap.  (Thanks to Joshua for posting his Populous video on yt which I can't find anymore)

SuperDeadite

Been a good few months for Townsy. :)

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

ApolloBoy

Quote from: Mathius on 05/26/2013, 08:28 PMI am betting that will change my mind as my Master System has been FM and S-Vid modded. I have an entirely different view on the SMS since I had that done.
Then you'll probably feel the same way about your Genesis when I get through with it, S-video on the Genesis looks very nice, fairly close to RGB IMO.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 05/26/2013, 03:20 PM/9d74fc00b51111e2875a22000aaa0594_7.jpg
Hey! I see the Galaga '88 you propped up next to the television you added to your setup. :pcgs::pcgs::pcgs:

IMG