The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 06/23/2013, 04:20 PM
Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/23/2013, 02:31 PMThe sole reason I want to buy a Sega Genesis is for Eternal Champions.  Looks like a really good copy you picked up.
Probably the only person to ever say that
I liked that game, I thought it was a solid effort.  I got it the day it came out.  Not the best game but entertaining.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 06/23/2013, 04:20 PMProbably the only person to ever say that
LOL.  I thought I might get some backlash.  I don't normally play fighting games, so for me this game was fantastic.  As a fighting game, I agree it's not the best but it has some great features and it's a great intro fighting game for noobs.  Some decent hidden finishing moves in the game too.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

futureman2000

Isn't the game extremely difficult 1p v. cpu? I recall playing it again a couple of years ago and I couldn't manage to win a match. I probably didn't read the manual either though, so I wasn't all that clear on the controls.

MrFlutterPie

The CPU is super cheap in the fact that it will block 98% of every attack you will make.  It just gets frustrating and pointless pretty quick when you hit your opponent 12 times and only a single hit isn't blocked.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/23/2013, 09:58 PMThe CPU is super cheap in the fact that it will block 98% of every attack you will make.  It just gets frustrating and pointless pretty quick when you hit your opponent 12 times and only a single hit isn't blocked.
The game is indeed cheap so you have to be cheap back.  I enjoy using Larsen exclusively as he has very fast and powerful punches.  I've beaten the game without being beaten once.  The final boss is cheap but I just spam air kicks and dodge his wave attacks.  The game has depth, you have to learn every fighter.  Electra is by far the cheapest bitch but I've learned to block most of her attacks and then quick counter run away rinse and repeat.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

FiftyQuid

Oddly enough, I never found the game felt cheap.  Like EvilEvoIX said, the game makes you learn every character.  Maybe that's why I always liked it.  You had to be good with all the characters, not just specialize with one.  I use to hate walking into the arcade to play Super Street Fighter II only to get my ass handed to me by someone that only ever used Ken or Ryu.

I've beaten the game with every single character.  I never did discover all the finishing moves.  It's been awhile, but I remeber this game having some pretty sick tunes for a fighting game.

I use to play as Trident quite often.  I had a Little Mermaid thing going back then.  LOL.

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/23/2013, 11:16 PMOddly enough, I never found the game felt cheap.  Like EvilEvoIX said, the game makes you learn every character.  Maybe that's why I always liked it.  You had to be good with all the characters, not just specialize with one.  I use to hate walking into the arcade to play Super Street Fighter II only to get my ass handed to me by someone that only ever used Ken or Ryu.

I've beaten the game with every single character.  I never did discover all the finishing moves.  It's been awhile, but I remeber this game having some pretty sick tunes for a fighting game.

I use to play as Trident quite often.  I had a Little Mermaid thing going back then.  LOL.
Hey don't be disrespecting the Little Mermaid (NES) that's the most manly shit you'll ever play!  :P

FiftyQuid

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/24/2013, 12:07 AMHey don't be disrespecting the Little Mermaid (NES) that's the most manly shit you'll ever play!  :P
I wasn't disrespecting the NES version I was talking about the actual Disney movie.   :lol:

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/24/2013, 12:14 AM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/24/2013, 12:07 AMHey don't be disrespecting the Little Mermaid (NES) that's the most manly shit you'll ever play!  :P
I wasn't disrespecting the NES version I was talking about the actual Disney movie.   :lol:
Good! :P

Here is today's haul:
/327RINd.jpg

Not pictured is a Sega Saturn.  I bought it so I could play Space Jam.

I love Space Jam so much and after watching it recently I though why didn't they make a game for it?  Walked into a game store saw Space Jam so I bought it and than a Saturn so I can play it.  So happy right now :D

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/24/2013, 10:07 PM
Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/24/2013, 12:14 AM
Good! :P

Here is today's haul: /327RINd.jpg

Not pictured is a Sega Saturn.  I bought it so I could play Space Jam.

I love Space Jam so much and after watching it recently I though why didn't they make a game for it?  Walked into a game store saw Space Jam so I bought it and than a Saturn so I can play it.  So happy right now :D
Prepaid to have your nuts handed to you on a skewer by Target Earth.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

MrFlutterPie

I like the concept of Target Earth and the actual gameplay isn't bad but I have to agree with you 100% that game is hard.  One solution I think is to larger ammo magazines.  Reloading after 20 shots of your basic machine gun sucks.

FiftyQuid

Finally!  After waiting 2 weeks for these to clear Canadian Customs;

/93.png

whisper2053

Ditto on this stuff clearing German customs finally!

/2owi.jpg
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

wavering

IMG
Ebay pick ups to start wrapping up my Squaresoft collection

IMG
Random thrift shop pickups

IMG
Now if I can find Xenoblade Chronicles for less than a mint.

PikachuWarrior

Got this in today's mail:

/8ft7.jpg

Project X Zone Limited Edition (Nintendo 3DS): Free!*

*Swagbucks (Amazon Gift Cards)
IMG

Duo_R

Craigslist haul today

/1r8n.jpg
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

bob

Quote from: whisper2053 on 06/25/2013, 11:40 AMDitto on this stuff clearing German customs finally!

dotsandloops . com/turbo/silvergun.jpg
E-RECK-SHUN

PunkCryborg

/hh73.jpg
Blazing Star and Bangai O from Geise
Silent Debuggers from Rove

Thanks a lot guys!

munchiaz

Got these from my g/f for our 8 year anniversary. The power up switch not only is my new light fixture, but it also makes cool 8-bit sounds. Also got these awesome NES shaped throw pillows.

IMG
IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Those pillows are cool, but can I get some HuPILLOWs?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

roflmao

I picked these up today for a whopping $8.  Getting ready for a 3-day road trip so it'll be nice to bring along a couple "new" games. :)

IMG

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 06/27/2013, 05:20 PMI picked these up today for a whopping $8.  Getting ready for a 3-day road trip so it'll be nice to bring along a couple "new" games. :)

IMG
I really enjoy this version of mario golf.  rather relaxing, and a tune here or there that ain't half bad.  Plus the small story within is actually fairly well done.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

FiftyQuid

I needs to get me a PSVita.  Nice!

whisper2053

IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

Mathius

Quote from: nectarsis on 06/28/2013, 03:29 PM/DSCN4175_zps4910743e.jpg
I didn't know Muramasa got a Vita release, let alone a collector's edition. Very nice! The Wii version is on my wish list.

Joe Redifer

I bet Murumasa is better on the Vita than on the Wii because if I recall it was only 4:3 on the Wii. Too bad the Vita doesn't have video out capabilities. Also I would like it if the game itself was more linear. Running back and forth gets boring. That's a big box for a Vita game.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/28/2013, 09:08 PMI bet Murumasa is better on the Vita than on the Wii because if I recall it was only 4:3 on the Wii. Too bad the Vita doesn't have video out capabilities. Also I would like it if the game itself was more linear. Running back and forth gets boring. That's a big box for a Vita game.
The 4:3 ratio wouldn't bother me too bad. I usually have the Wii hooked up to my 4:3 CRT so my VC games look closer to the real deal. Gotta have those scanlines.

Joe Redifer

Yeah that's awesome that the Wii can output 240p. Does it do this when emulators and all that shit are loaded onto it? If it does, I may want to move all of my Wii shit to my Wi U and just use my Wii for emulator shit.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/28/2013, 09:44 PMYeah that's awesome that the Wii can output 240p. Does it do this when emulators and all that shit are loaded onto it? If it does, I may want to move all of my Wii shit to my Wi U and just use my Wii for emulator shit.
I haven't had someone softmod my Wii because I am paranoid that I will accidentally "brick" the system. Maybe one day I will have it done. But, from what I can tell Neo Geo, Turbografx, SNES, Genesis, and NES games look fantastic through a component cable. I have Spinmaster downloaded onto the VC and sometimes I boot it up just to marvel at the colors.

Wii Ware games don't fare as well. La Mulana and games like it were clearly designed to be displayed on an HD TV.

Mishran

Soft modding isn't hard Matt. I did it myself, and if a moron like me can do it your good to go. :)

bartre

if all else fails, i can do it for you, come MGC 2014.
seriously though, it's great, i install all my games to the HDD i plugged in, super convenient.

PikachuWarrior

Yeah, I soft-modded my wii in under 30minutes, and I didn't even know what I was doing. It's fool proof.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: nectarsis on 06/28/2013, 03:29 PM/DSCN4175_zps4910743e.jpg
How is the deadpool game ? Most critics have panned the game wishing it had more polish etc.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Duo_R

wait Vita doesn't have video out capability? What the hell the PSP has it but the Vita doesn't? Crazy

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/28/2013, 09:08 PMI bet Murumasa is better on the Vita than on the Wii because if I recall it was only 4:3 on the Wii. Too bad the Vita doesn't have video out capabilities. Also I would like it if the game itself was more linear. Running back and forth gets boring. That's a big box for a Vita game.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

munchiaz

You can always play Muramasa for the Wii on the Wii U. Thats what i Did. I truly love this game, and if i had the funds i would buy a PSVita just to experience all the new features. @Nectaris, make sure you play as both Kisuke and Momohime, im curious to see which character you feel has the over all better gameplay and story. I feel Momohime's story is much better.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Mathius on 06/28/2013, 09:13 PMThe 4:3 ratio wouldn't bother me too bad. I usually have the Wii hooked up to my 4:3 CRT so my VC games look closer to the real deal. Gotta have those scanlines.
=D> =D> =D> =D>  Scanlines are my favorite.  Love the CRT quality.
IMGIMGIMG

bob

Quote from: Mishran on 06/28/2013, 09:58 PMSoft modding isn't hard Matt. I did it myself, and if a moron like me can do it your good to go. :)
Count me as another moron that soft-modded my Wii with no issues.  After I did it, I bought a second Wii since I didn't want any of the system updates to wipe it out.  I have it hooked up to a Sony CRT and love it for NES and TG emulation.  I never tried SNES or Genny on it since I don't have the classic controller for all the buttons.

EvilEvoIX

IMG

Just found one of these in the wild for $3, hope I didn't pay too much ;)
IMGIMGIMG

tpivette

Picked this up on launch, just haven't had time to post:

IMG

Having a great time with it so far. I'm about 6 hours in, and still haven't acquired all the playable characters yet. Really looking forward to recruiting Yuri, KOS-MOS, X, and Zero
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Opethian

IMG

SmaMan

Bit of a catch up post here...
IMG

Finally got one of my hard drives that got fried a while back, so I got a fresh one (top left) to extract all the data onto. You might remember hearing me talk about two of them getting killed by a faulty power adapter. Well, here's the deal. Donor Drives LLC, the company I sent them in to get repaired, LOST one of them! They kept saying, "Oh we never received it." Even though I packed them both in the same box, and all of UPS's shipping manifests seem to say that there was no tampering with the package. So yeah, there's 500GB of data I'll never get back. Lesson here, besides don't experiment with old AC adaptors, is DON'T TRUST DONOR-DRIVES!! I'm not even going to link them since they don't even deserve the shred of PageRank they would get.

The big thing taking up most of this desk is the Project X Zone Limited Edition set! I went to GameStop to pick it up, didn't see any copies on the shelf, and so he handed me this one. Not sure if this was supposed to be a pre-order only thing but hey, I won't complain! It came with a sweet poster, art book, and OST (not pictured as it's still lodged in my car stereo.  =P~ )

Also pictured is my copy of Kato Chan & Ken Chan I got from TurboSwimbz's raffle. Got it a couple weeks back, and have been having a pretty good time with it since.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Quote from: Opethian on 06/29/2013, 04:10 PMIMG
the series is now complete
PMing you my address. You don't want those stinkin' things anyway.

bob

I trump you all. Picked up Pat Riley B-Ball, Lasorda baseball, and Lemieux hockey for genny. All complete and good shape. Best $5 I have spent in the last 24 hours.

AOL Keyword: horrible

PunkCryborg

VenomMacbeth

Finally got some games for my new Sega swag, and a few other things...
IMG
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

majors

couple of obey:
IMG
Some random dude came into Lost Ark with some good stuffs, Supergrafx, bunch of imports and one of the r@res US CD's...but the owner already stashed it away in his personal collection. *note, price tags are not what I paid.

I ended up getting some more project cabs at the Outer Banks auction. This was a warehouse clean out sale, most everything had something wrong that the seller does not have time for or it would not be worth his time to repair:
IMG
Generic Dynamo...it has the 6-button drilled CP under that gun game camo. It was in decent shape, I can always use a Dynamo.

IMG
I could not tell if this was a 4-slot convert -> 2-slot, but it only has a 1-slot w/ But-A-Move in it now. Again, it was in good shape and I have a spare CRT in case this one does not work. I mainly wanted a Big Red since I'm getting tired of borrowing them from other ppl for cons (this is my 4th Neo "Big Red" I have purchased). No PSU, so I could not test.

IMG
This little bugger was cute. Bigger than a cabaret but small enough to move it around with ease. I've been wanting a vert cab with 1p CP...this might fit the bill. I already have a buyer for the board.

I also scored two WORKING 29" MS9's...drop in replacement for one of my Versus. At $5 each, that is cheaper than a cap kit! I also got a MS2934 but the red is out on it...it's hi-res only, so I'll prolly use it for parts since I do not need anymore fixed freq CRT's.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

bartre

Quote from: Opethian on 06/29/2013, 04:10 PMIMG
the series is now complete
i just got Rayxanber III myself, though I have yet to play it :(

SuperDeadite

Ray I>II>III.  All are must owns though.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite