The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffhlewis

Latest batch from the 'bay:

IMG

Lady Stalker for the Super Fami - part of my endless quest to own all of the Climax games. Choplifter is the rare re-release variant (1 down, 2 to go for a full set of re-releases). Commando for the Fami - simply because I love Capcom's Famicom releases. This thing is about as close to mint condition as you could hope a 1986 Famicom cart could be. Really seems like the Japanese took better care of their shit than we did  =D>

Tatsujin

Great hauly :)

I've seen far more mint FC games outtehre. Some times i think weren't even opened once and kept in a safe for the past 25 years.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

FiftyQuid

Quote from: galam on 09/05/2013, 04:12 PMIf you are referring to my books, yeah, the hardcovers were a little overpriced.
I started the castlevania one last night and its a pretty good read.
I said they were cheap.  I wasn't being sarcastic.  :)
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: whisper2053 on 09/05/2013, 06:38 PM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 09/05/2013, 04:45 PMIs that a lanyard hanging from the wall?
OR
Your thong?
Reflective PT belt. It keeps me safe when I go outside (or so the Army keeps trying to convince me...) :D
It stops gunfire???  ;)  :P

whisper2053

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 09/05/2013, 10:39 PM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 09/05/2013, 04:45 PMIs that a lanyard hanging from the wall?
OR
Your thong?
Reflective PT belt. It keeps me safe when I go outside (or so the Army keeps trying to convince me...) :D
Gunfire, drunk drivers, small explosions, falling meteors, and quite possibly the occasional flying fat person. According to the Army, these belts make you indestructible. Or the belt is indestructible. I get them confused :P
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

bartre

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 09/05/2013, 07:33 PMLatest batch from the 'bay:

IMG
ah man, king colossus is such a fun game.
sit down and play that crap, can't take more than 3 days

xcrement5x

Had a Dentist's appointment yesterday then ran around a bit to try and grab a couple games before I needed to pickup my daughter from daycare.

IMG
2014-09-05 Finds Misc by xcrement5x, on Flickr

A couple complete Xbox games:
SWAT
Starsky & Hutch
Unreal Championship

Plus Neon Genesis Evangelion Volume 1 Platinum Edition.  Picked this up to ask Hidenori Matsubara to sign it at NDK (anime convention) next weekend! :D

IMG
2014-09-05 Finds - Gamestop by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Wii Music (Wii)
Cursed Mountain Special Edition (Wii)
Link's Crossbow Training (Wii)
Steel Diver (3DS)
Dream Trigger 3D  (3DS)

Some stuff from Gamestop, the were doing a 3 for $10 and I grabbed the 3DS games and Wii Music, Link's Crossbow Training was a whopping 44c.  I already have the regular Cursed Mountain, but it's a good game and this LE was pretty cheap too.

IMG
2014-09-05 Finds - Retro Store by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Mighty Max (Genesis)
Legendary Wings (NES)
Silk Worm  (NES)
The Legend of Kage  (NES)
Viper  (NES)
Starship Hector  (NES)
Warhammer Dark Omen (PSX)
T-Mek (32X)

Finally went the local retro game store near me again and grabbed a couple things, they were doing a promo of buy 3 get the 4th free.  Hopefully I can sell that T-Mek to cover the costs of the other stuff I got there! 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

liquitek

Quote from: whisper2053 on 09/06/2013, 12:50 AM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 09/05/2013, 10:39 PM
OR
Your thong?
Gunfire, drunk drivers, small explosions, falling meteors, and quite possibly the occasional flying fat person. According to the Army, these belts make you indestructible. Or the belt is indestructible. I get them confused :P
When I saw that I thought it was a heart rate monitor.  Made sense at the time with the running shoes and all.

The pedestrians around here could use a few of those indestructibelts - 3 seconds left on the (do not) walk light to get across 6 lanes of traffic?  Sure why not.

RoyVegas

Quote from: liquitek on 09/06/2013, 01:06 PMThe pedestrians around here could use a few of those indestructibelts - 3 seconds left on the (do not) walk light to get across 6 lanes of traffic?  Sure why not.
I lovingly refer to those people as road dots, not predestrians.
All is well. :)

Nando

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 09/05/2013, 07:33 PMLatest batch from the 'bay:

IMG

Lady Stalker for the Super Fami - part of my endless quest to own all of the Climax games.
So that's part of the Land Stalker series?

whisper2053

More goodies that I had been waiting on :D

Today's stuffs!

/3j0j.jpg
Courtesy, once again, of Windy Gaming :)

/29hf.jpg
Hot on the heels of all those loosie Sega CD games, the custom cases/inserts that I had ordered for them arrived today. Super sweet!

Lastly today, the little mini-monitor came in. I figure this should make a pretty sweet traveling companion, as it can easily fit into a small bag with any of my systems and provide some semi-on-the-go gaming whereever there is power :D

/qpl2.jpg
IMG

bob

Where did you get that monitor?  Expensive?

whisper2053

Quote from: galam on 09/06/2013, 02:18 PMWhere did you get that monitor?  Expensive?
Hong Kong special...$80 shipped!
IMG

Mishran

A Rastan arcade board came in the mail from an online store.

Was said to work, but when hooking it up, I get no sound. :( -5v problem? Likely not since my POW also requires it and it work perfectly. Already notified them of the problem, just awaiting a response.

turbokon

Quote from: whisper2053 on 09/06/2013, 03:10 PM
Quote from: galam on 09/06/2013, 02:18 PMWhere did you get that monitor?  Expensive?
Hong Kong special...$80 shipped!
Nice, I can use something like this. Do you have a link? Does it accept component video input?
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

whisper2053

Quote from: turbokon on 09/07/2013, 12:04 AMNice, I can use something like this. Do you have a link? Does it accept component video input?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130734380670?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It accepts composite, vga, BNC, and if you have an adapter, component. So, yes :)

Here's a shot of it running vga from my Dreamcast:

/qacp.jpg

I am definitely pretty impressed with this little thing. It was a gamble when I bought it (you never know with HK products...), but it turned out to quite exceed my expectations.
IMG

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Nando on 09/06/2013, 01:25 PMSo that's part of the Land Stalker series?
Technically yeah - same team/developer. The characters make cameos in other Climax games.

bob

Just grabbed a loose soldier blade on the bay for 65

Mathius

Quote from: galam on 09/08/2013, 08:52 AMJust grabbed a loose soldier blade on the bay for 65
US or PCE?

bob

sirhcman

Quote from: galam on 09/08/2013, 08:52 AMJust grabbed a loose soldier blade on the bay for 65
Wish you would have posted a WTB on the board.. Woulda sold you a loose copy I have sitting around.. still $65 isn't bad for that game!

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 09/08/2013, 10:57 AM
Wish you would have posted a WTB on the board.. Woulda sold you a loose copy I have sitting around.. still $65 isn't bad for that game!
how much you selling your loose one for ?

Mathius

Quote from: galam on 09/08/2013, 10:46 AMUS
I think I paid $70 for a loose US copy at a game store in Chicago. That game still wows me with its visuals.

RoyVegas

Did ya see it on the good deal thread after I posted it or did ya just see it on ebay?
All is well. :)

bob

Quote from: RoyVegas on 09/08/2013, 03:56 PMDid ya see it on the good deal thread after I posted it or did ya just see it on ebay?
No, caught it this morning on eBay myself. Surprised it was out there so long. (9 hours?)

c0ldb33r

Quote from: whisper2053 on 09/07/2013, 06:03 AMHere's a shot of it running vga from my Dreamcast: /qacp.jpg
I wonder if you could use that to make an awesome home made PCE LT.

That would be epic!

/turboblt.jpg
Member of the F@ck EBAY Club

SmaMan

Look what I just got for $5 on my 3DS! :D
IMG

and also Bit.Trip Saga...
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: SmaMan on 09/08/2013, 08:34 PMLook what I just got for $5 on my 3DS! :D
IMG
YESSSS!!! Best shmup on the FC, along with Crisis Force.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Tatsujin

Everyone should get le Recca!!
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TR0N

Quote from: SmaMan on 09/08/2013, 08:34 PMLook what I just got for $5 on my 3DS! :D
IMG

and also Bit.Trip Saga...
I have recca summer carnival for my famicom,most insane shooter ive ever played.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Mathius

I played Recca on my XBOX Famicom emulator. What a fast game. Almost too fast. I think I prefer Crisis Force.

munchiaz

I picked up Recca as well. Game is awesome, and really fast paced

VenomMacbeth

I have a pirate cart for my fami & it's just great.  It's definitely fast, but I really don't think it's quite as difficult as people say.  You've just gotta make smart use of your bomb.  I always get my ass handed to me by the final boss, though.

I think the fast-scrolling levels are particularly impressive.  "Blast processing" on the famicom?  :lol:
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

wildfruit

a train for ps1. a bit disappointed i think i'll stick to my dos version

TheClash603

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 09/09/2013, 02:23 PMI have a pirate cart for my fami & it's just great.  It's definitely fast, but I really don't think it's quite as difficult as people say.  You've just gotta make smart use of your bomb.  I always get my ass handed to me by the final boss, though.

I think the fast-scrolling levels are particularly impressive.  "Blast processing" on the famicom?  :lol:
I also have a pirate cart which I enjoy quite a bit.

Was thinking of downloading the 3DS game just to see how they play comparatively.

Bardoly

One more box checked off of my want list!

/cgs2.jpg

I'm only looking for a few more boxes:

Fighting Street
J.B. Harold Murder Club
Legendary Axe II, The
Lords of the Rising Sun
Magical Chase   Lol.
Timeball
Turrican

If anyone has any of these boxes and are willing to trade/sell them, please let me know.

sirhcman

nice bardoly! do you have a pic of your box collection? i assume you have them displayed prominently somewhere in your home! :)

bob

Quote from: Bardoly on 09/09/2013, 05:21 PMOne more box checked off of my want list!

/cgs2.jpg

I'm only looking for a few more boxes:

Fighting Street
J.B. Harold Murder Club
Legendary Axe II, The
Lords of the Rising Sun
Magical Chase   Lol.
Timeball
Turrican

If anyone has any of these boxes and are willing to trade/sell them, please let me know.
Looks to be great shape too. Good find.
Godspeed in your quest.

Tatsujin

Wow, that sinister box actually looks very good (for an USoA TG16 game) :)

Flare65

Arguably the best box art of any TG16 game.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Flare65 on 09/09/2013, 10:43 PMArguably the best box art of any TG16 game.
Veigues is better.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

PunkCryborg

Bought this for the 15th year anniversary of macross on the 15 year anniversary. Totally forgot I had this and it sat in a box in a closet since then and just found it the other night so it's like new to me :)

/d9eh.jpg

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/09/2013, 11:29 PMBought this for the 15th year anniversary of macross on the 15 year anniversary. Totally forgot I had this and it sat in a box in a closet since then and just found it the other night so it's like new to me :)

/d9eh.jpg
Teh Macross is awesome sauce. :D
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

whisper2053

New gets courtesy of the always amazing Windy Gaming :D

/k7ct.jpg
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 09/09/2013, 11:27 PM
Quote from: Flare65 on 09/09/2013, 10:43 PMArguably the best box art of any TG16 game.
Veigues is better.
Order of the Griffon is best.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

liquitek

chany60126

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

bob

arrived today.  Thanks to Sirhcam for SG, WSC, Sinistron, and HtI.

/turbo/wsc.jpg

sirhcman

woohoo! glad you got them, they went to a good home :)