The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffhlewis

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/10/2013, 12:25 AMIm not really in it to make money, really just grow my collection.  I never played Shenmue, I loved my Game Gear back in the day, and I can trade my Gennys for new stuff.  So much extra stuff if it comes down to it I can sell it.  The two N64's alone make up most of my cost if I should choose to sell.  The controllers go for stupid money now, God knows why.  Same with Master system stuff, crazy expensive IMHO.
Check that older Genesis - see if it has n FCC ID of FJ846EUSASEGA which indicates a non-TMSS console (with the better sound chip).

xcrement5x

Quote from: Mathius on 10/08/2013, 09:03 PMAre the Wind Waker HD LEs still available, or were they very limited?
I'm pretty sure they are sold out at this point.  There was a limited restock on Gamestop.com a couple weeks before release, but they sold out too.  I tried to PM a couple members who had sounded like they were interested, but this was the same time PCEFX went down so I had to try other channels somewhat unsuccessfully.

Quote from: galam on 10/09/2013, 09:11 AM
Quote from: guest on 10/08/2013, 05:31 PMMight and Magic:
I have been waiting VERY patiently for a good condition copy of MM for genny.
How is the book in there?  That's the problem, every one I find is either missing the book or its horribly tattered.
It's actually in pretty nice shape.  Not mint, and you can tell it was used, but the binding is still holding everything together fine.  I got lucky grabbing this from Beemer, I had wanted a copy with the manual for awhile as well too, especially since it's so thick.  And there are color illustrations in it too!

Quote from: JapanTokei on 10/09/2013, 01:20 PMthat is one nice find for the ram cart, boxed and complete like that!  I have a loose one myself and even those are hard to come by.  they're a must for games like Shining Force 2 (my fav).  anyway congrats on the awesome nab.... how much did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?

Quote from: guest on 10/08/2013, 05:31 PMI got a lot of cool stuff this week already!

Then something I got on ebay:
IMG
2013-10-07 Pickups - Sega CD Backup Ram Cart by xcrement5x, on Flickr
A fully boxed Sega CD Backup RAM Cart in the nicest condition I have ever seen.  Also comes with the original Funcoland receipt from 1995.  This is pretty much one of the last Sega CD related items I've been missing, and I waited a long time before finally picking this one up since I've been a stickler about condition.  I've had a loose cart since the late 90s though that I bought at Media Play.
Ehehe, I'd been holding out for quite awhile for one in nice shape so it cost me.  Loose ram carts seem to go around $35, and I paid $60 shipped for that minty one I found.  Quite a lot for me to drop on an older game item, but they're really pretty uncommon compared to most stuff, and I'd been watching ebay for maybe 6 months looking for one in that condition.  I'm a big Sega/Mega CD fan so this was one of those items I'd put off that I wanted for my collection.  Interestingly, the box for the ram cart seems to be taller than even the plastic longboxes, so I need to modify my shelves for it!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

sirhcman

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/10/2013, 12:25 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/09/2013, 11:53 PMI sure would have kept my 200 bucks..hehe.

but it may give you some cash back on the bay.
Im not really in it to make money, really just grow my collection.  I never played Shenmue, I loved my Game Gear back in the day, and I can trade my Gennys for new stuff.  So much extra stuff if it comes down to it I can sell it.  The two N64's alone make up most of my cost if I should choose to sell.  The controllers go for stupid money now, God knows why.  Same with Master system stuff, crazy expensive IMHO.
If you are looking to sell Out Run for the SMS let me know :)

ApolloBoy

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 10/10/2013, 10:53 AM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/10/2013, 12:25 AMIm not really in it to make money, really just grow my collection.  I never played Shenmue, I loved my Game Gear back in the day, and I can trade my Gennys for new stuff.  So much extra stuff if it comes down to it I can sell it.  The two N64's alone make up most of my cost if I should choose to sell.  The controllers go for stupid money now, God knows why.  Same with Master system stuff, crazy expensive IMHO.
Check that older Genesis - see if it has n FCC ID of FJ846EUSASEGA which indicates a non-TMSS console (with the better sound chip).
I don't get why the FCC ID is a big deal, an even easier way to tell non-TMSS consoles apart from ones that have it is to look for the patent numbers, which are on a silver or white strip on that sticker. From my experience every single Genesis that didn't have the patent numbers did not have TMSS.
IMG

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 10/10/2013, 10:41 AMExcellent score man!  I've had dreams about meeting "The guy in the parking lot" that just wants $100-$200 for a GIANT library of consoles and games like that!  Congrats!

I'm currently in the market for a Genesis Model 1 if you want to work something out.
Yeah no problem, I have 4 model 1's right now so hit me up with a pm and I'll put together a package for you.  I have many doubles in games as well if your looking for commons.

When I get home today I'll check to see if my new model 1 is non tmss
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

JapanTokei

dont listen to Tats , that is one great haul for 2 hundred!   :)

Quote from: Tatsujin on 10/09/2013, 11:53 PMI sure would have kept my 200 bucks..hehe.

but it may give you some cash back on the bay.

PunkCryborg

Dude that's one sweet start to an awesome RF Unit collection :D

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 10/10/2013, 11:46 AMNot all of it arrived today, but 11 of them did...
notanaddict_small.jpg
You have duplicates of some issues I need...  hint hint.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/10/2013, 04:23 PMDude that's one sweet start to an awesome RF Unit collection :D
Dud you never know, I may be feeling nostalgic one day and hook it up to a 13 inch via RF and see what all this dithering is about.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

tpivette

Haven't posted in awhile, but here's a few things I've picked up in the last month or so:

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

EvilEvoIX

I just picked up all of these on the cheap.  SS1 is classic but AOF2 is a pure beast, damn near impossible and must be mastered to beat.

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG
IMGIMGIMG

bob

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/11/2013, 12:51 PMI just picked up all of these on the cheap.  SS1 is classic but AOF2 is a pure beast, damn near impossible and must be mastered to beat.
Well most characters like Ryo and Robert, just triangle jump kick and hard kick sweep. You can't straight up fight the computer, you have to use the cheapness patterns (even on 1 out of 8 challenge, lol). Kinda fucking ruins any casual enjoying of the game 1 player-wise, which is a damn shame.

This is why I just use the Unibios cheats to get an upper hand. Like infinite spirit meter for moves. This is one of the few games I make the exception of using cheats.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 10/11/2013, 04:04 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/11/2013, 12:51 PMI just picked up all of these on the cheap.  SS1 is classic but AOF2 is a pure beast, damn near impossible and must be mastered to beat.
Well most characters like Ryo and Robert, just triangle jump kick and hard kick sweep. You can't straight up fight the computer, you have to use the cheapness patterns (even on 1 out of 8 challenge, lol). Kinda fucking ruins any casual enjoying of the game 1 player-wise, which is a damn shame.

This is why I just use the Unibios cheats to get an upper hand. Like infinite spirit meter for moves. This is one of the few games I make the exception of using cheats.
:!:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 10/11/2013, 04:04 PM

This is why I just use the Unibios cheats to get an upper hand. Like infinite spirit meter for moves. This is one of the fe

games I make the exception of using cheats.
I get you on being cheap.  Uri I can't beat unless I crouch at a certain position and she always jumps into me which I counter with an upper cut, that is the only way I can beat her.  I am beyond cheap playing this game.
IMGIMGIMG

cabbage

Finally I found a copy of Manic Game Girl! It's disc-only but :dance:
/foo/pickup2.jpg
...and now I'm off to play more Spriggan Mark 2

dingsbums

/d2bt.jpg

The PCB on top of 19XX is:
/67sv.jpg

Funny enough it looks like you can't change the region on Grind Stormer (and possibly Fixeight) with the jumper settings to Japan region = there goes my plan to make this a V-V PCB  :?.

And a little treat  8):
/wekb.jpg

esteban

ApolloBoy

Quote from: cabbage on 10/13/2013, 04:37 AMFinally I found a copy of Manic Game Girl! It's disc-only but :dance:
/pickup2.jpg
...and now I'm off to play more Spriggan Mark 2
I have one of those little PS1 controllers, they're really nice and surprisingly comfortable for being so small. There's another version with analog sticks that I'd really like to have some day.
IMG

Digi.k

pokemon X with free posters and a card holder thingy

/P1020153.jpg

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

bob

PikachuWarrior

Should be getting Beyond: Two Souls (special edition) in the mail today (Tuesday) for PS3. Can't wait!
IMG

Joe Redifer

Count Chocula 4 lyfe!!1!

I hope that these are new cereals (but with HFCS instead of sugar) instead of just stock that's been in the back room since 1987.

Nando

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/15/2013, 02:48 AMCount Chocula 4 lyfe!!1!

I hope that these are new cereals (but with HFCS instead of sugar) instead of just stock that's been in the back room since 1987.
HAHAHAH I thought the same thing. Those are mightly old school covers.

xcrement5x

Quote from: hoobs88 on 10/14/2013, 10:23 PMIMG

Monster Cereals!
I see someone was shopping at Target!  They're the only ones who got the old school boxes, I've got the "updated" versions when I bought them at King Soopers (Kroger) near me.  The flavors are new too! Personally I like the new Yummy Mummy (Orange Creme) over Frute Brute (Cherry), but it's definitely no Fruity Pebbles, my personal weakness.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

PunkCryborg

New PCB thanks to Opethian :D

/i8t6.jpg

hoobs88

Quote from: guest on 10/15/2013, 12:44 PM
Quote from: hoobs88 on 10/14/2013, 10:23 PMIMG

Monster Cereals!
I see someone was shopping at Target!  They're the only ones who got the old school boxes, I've got the "updated" versions when I bought them at King Soopers (Kroger) near me.  The flavors are new too! Personally I like the new Yummy Mummy (Orange Creme) over Frute Brute (Cherry), but it's definitely no Fruity Pebbles, my personal weakness.
It seems like Target is the only store that sells the Monster Cereals every year around Halloween in my area. I just tried Yummy Mummy this morning for the first time and it is good. I'm looking forward to trying Frute Brute as well. Fruity Pebbles has always been my favorite. I got a limited edition box of Fruity Pebbles with marshmallows a few years back and always wondered why they didn't sell them on a regular basis. I suppose I could always just remove the marshmallows from Lucky Charms and add them to my Fruity Pebbles (which would essentially leave me with Alpha Bits cereal).
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

esteban

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/15/2013, 11:17 PMNew PCB thanks to Opethian :D
/i8t6.jpg
JEALOUS. JEALOUS.  JEALOUS.

I haven't payed that in a cabinet for over 20 years.

Opethian

legendary tunes man I miss it already...
IMG

JapanTokei

I used to hit that up in the arcades all the time as a kid!!  love Twin Cobra in the arcade.  1941 and Tatsujin and Twin Cobra were staples

Quote from: Opethian on 10/16/2013, 11:29 AMlegendary tunes man I miss it already...

PunkCryborg

Quote from: esteban on 10/16/2013, 11:23 AMJEALOUS. JEALOUS.  JEALOUS.

I hope you have Kyukyoku tiger for pce at least :)

esteban

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/17/2013, 10:18 AM
Quote from: esteban on 10/16/2013, 11:23 AMJEALOUS. JEALOUS.  JEALOUS.

I hope you have Kyukyoku tiger for pce at least :)
Absolutely.  :pcgs:

whisper2053

Plenty of goodies still to come, but as for today:

/12h7.jpg

Yay Macross!
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

jeffhlewis

Roundup of the past 2 months. Thanks to CrackTiger for some of those sweet Famicom carts and Landstalker!

IMG
IMG

bob

I have always loved the famicom boxes. I also enjoy LE II.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: galam on 10/17/2013, 10:56 PMI have always loved the famicom boxes. I also enjoy LE II.
Kinda got a deal on it because it was listed as "Rethal Enforcers". Not joking.

Mathius

Quote from: whisper2053 on 10/17/2013, 03:18 PMPlenty of goodies still to come, but as for today:

/12h7.jpg

Yay Macross!
I am re-watching Robotech The Macross Saga. Such a good series. I'd like to pick up this Saturn game eventually. Nice one!

NecroPhile

I got another PSP ac adapter in yesterday's mail, so now my PSP and Go cradle won't have to share.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

whisper2053

Quote from: Mathius on 10/18/2013, 12:06 AM
Quote from: whisper2053 on 10/17/2013, 03:18 PMPlenty of goodies still to come, but as for today: /12h7.jpg

Yay Macross!
I am re-watching Robotech The Macross Saga. Such a good series. I'd like to pick up this Saturn game eventually. Nice one!
It's well worth picking up...super fun, great fanservice (direct clips from the series throughout), and best of all it is dirt cheap. I managed to import my copy from Japan for about 15 bucks shipped :)
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: whisper2053 on 10/18/2013, 10:14 AM
Quote from: whisper2053 on 10/17/2013, 03:18 PMPlenty of goodies still to come, but as for today: /12h7.jpg

Yay Macross!
It's well worth picking up...super fun, great fanservice (direct clips from the series throughout), and best of all it is dirt cheap. I managed to import my copy from Japan for about 15 bucks shipped :)
Awesome! Honestly I didn't expect it to be cheap. I'll go shopping for a copy when I get paid.

whisper2053

Quote from: Mathius on 10/18/2013, 10:31 AM
Quote from: whisper2053 on 10/18/2013, 10:14 AM

Yay Macross!
Awesome! Honestly I didn't expect it to be cheap. I'll go shopping for a copy when I get paid.
Most excellent sir. I know you will enjoy!
IMG

xcrement5x

Grabbed this off Craigslist this morning for $30, not bad since I've been looking for Soul Reaver specifcally!

IMG
2013-10-18 Sega Dreamcast by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Sega Dreamcast with RF and Power
One Dreamcast controller with 3rd Party Rumble Pack

Rainbow Six
Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm
Nightmare Creatures II
Tomb Raider Chronicles
Shadow Man
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Star Wars: Pod Racer

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 10/18/2013, 12:47 PMGrabbed this off Craigslist this morning for $30, not bad since I've been looking for Soul Reaver specifcally!

IMG
2013-10-18 Sega Dreamcast by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Sega Dreamcast with RF and Power
One Dreamcast controller with 3rd Party Rumble Pack

Rainbow Six
Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm
Nightmare Creatures II
Tomb Raider Chronicles
Shadow Man
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
Star Wars: Pod Racer
How is the Pod Racer game on the DC?  I played it nonstop on the N64 years ago.

Anyway, more stuff...

IMG

I traded in my other copy of Primal Rage because it was lacking a manual & came in a plastic case, and bought this one CIB on the cheap.  Also, I don't know why I didn't get Streets of Rage 2 sooner, but I am very glad I have it now.  Yuzo Koshiro definitely outdid himself with this one. 

IMG

These were a gift from my family (they frequent yardsales).  Space Jockey & Commando Raid are meh, but I'm excited to try Tunnel Runner & Venture.

IMG

And lastly, I just got this Starpath Supercharger.  I'm waiting for a new RF cable for my atari & a couple cassette games.  Can't wait to see if my old R2-D2 walkman I just dug out of storage still works!
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 10/18/2013, 12:47 PMGrabbed this off Craigslist this morning for $30, not bad since I've been looking for Soul Reaver specifically!

IMG
2013-10-18 Sega Dreamcast
Awesome! The music in Soul Reaver was done by the lead singer of Information Society. Some of it can be found on their (his) album "Don't. Be Afraid".  Good stuff.

And Streets of Rage is probably my favorite console beat 'em up of all time.  My 5yr old son and I just beat it together (on easy) a few weeks ago. :)

EDIT: Gah! Sorry for the mis-quote. Friggin cell phone...

Mathius

Yuzo's music in the first two Streets of Rage games hits me hard. It drills into the pit of my stomach and remains there long after I finish playing. I have been playing SoR3 for the first time ever today. I have to say I do not like the music. At all. Maybe I'll warm up to it after repeated plays.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Mathius on 10/18/2013, 11:23 PMYuzo's music in the first two Streets of Rage games hits me hard. It drills into the pit of my stomach and remains there long after I finish playing. I have been playing SoR3 for the first time ever today. I have to say I do not like the music. At all. Maybe I'll warm up to it after repeated plays.
Yeah, I was reading through SoR reviews & saw the third being panned.  Originally I had no interest in the first two either, as beat-em-ups aren't really my thing...but the music is ultimately what swayed me.  They're definitely growing on me now. :D
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

MotherGunner

My most recent pickups all pristine condition!

Obey games thanks to fellow forum members and the PlayStation games were from Goodwill!

IMG
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)