10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?

Started by Dark Fact, 02/16/2006, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

Man i really need to buy a everdrive N8 still  =P~
Everdrive-N8 Flash Cart (Deluxe Edition) Review
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Nando

Early 90's Splatterhouse commercial for the Turbografx 16

Xak

Pitbull - Dammit Man
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

SuperDeadite

Must be heard for great awesome!  :dance:

Guardian Force OST - 07 Savage Hill
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Nando

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Nando on 10/23/2013, 12:09 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 10/23/2013, 08:18 AMMust be heard for great awesome!  :dance:

GREEN HORNET like remix. Specially the first minute or so.  NICE
You fail dude.  The Guradian Force track is clearly Dick Dale's Misirlou....

Nando

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 10/23/2013, 08:19 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 10/23/2013, 08:18 AMMust be heard for great awesome!  :dance:

lol, I stand corrected.

Didn't Tarantino use that one too? I forget i which movie though.  Kill Bill maybe?

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Nando on 10/24/2013, 09:37 AM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 10/23/2013, 08:19 PM

lol, I stand corrected.

Didn't Tarantino use that one too? I forget i which movie though.  Kill Bill maybe?
Pulp Fiction

hizaygizirlz

That Madden video was hilarious Josh

Link raps Kanye

Hylian Skinhead by LinkYe West
Copyright blocked: wayback.youtu.be/ty3nimfX72g
OG via WayBack Embed:
Replaced:
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

TR0N

Let's Compare ( Viewpoint )
Funny how the sharp x68000 port is so weak while the fm towns get's it right.
IMG

SuperDeadite

The X68000 port was quite lazy and done by EA Japan if I remember right.  The Towns version was done by Ving, and all their ports were awesome.  Truth be told the X68K version could have been better for sure, but I think they wanted it compatible with even old 2mb 10mhz only systems.

Mathius

Quote from: TR0N on 10/26/2013, 04:34 AMLet's Compare ( Viewpoint )
As much hate as the Genesis version gets I am surprised how well it holds up. I have heard the sound effect when an enemy ship is destroyed somewhere before. Strider maybe? It's really starting to bug me now lol

whisper2053

IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 10/26/2013, 08:26 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 10/26/2013, 04:34 AMLet's Compare ( Viewpoint )
As much hate as the Genesis version gets I am surprised how well it holds up. I have heard the sound effect when an enemy ship is destroyed somewhere before. Strider maybe? It's really starting to bug me now lol
So, it seems that the PS1 doesn't have the (sub)boss music!  At least, not in the first stage, anyway.

I've played Viewpoint, but I don't own it. I am actually curious about it now. I know it's not going to be the BEST EVAR, but I need more Zaxxon.

:pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SuperDeadite

Viewpoint on NeoGeo is a great game.  But be warned it will kick your ass, absolutely brutal.

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 10/27/2013, 02:12 PMViewpoint on NeoGeo is a great game.  But be warned it will kick your ass, absolutely brutal.
This is why I was intrigued. The challenge, the pain, the Viewpoint.

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 10/27/2013, 03:05 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 10/27/2013, 02:12 PMViewpoint on NeoGeo is a great game.  But be warned it will kick your ass, absolutely brutal.
I have the Neo Geo version on my AES. The only way I can make any progress is to cheat via the Uni-bios to get unlimited bombs.

whisper2053

Haha I'll vouch for that esteban! My last highly painful VP attempt:

Viewpoint Gameplay Attempt (NeoGeo CDZ)
IMG

TR0N

As superdeadite stated it is i have viewpoint for the neo-geo and it is brutal.Part of it has to do with it's isometric view,it can be hard to judge what to avoid.
IMG

whisper2053

If anyone's interested, I resurrected an old Neo title this weekend and had some fun in the process!

Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy Playthrough (NeoGeo CDZ)
IMG

SuperPlay

A documentary about the legendary Finnish PC demo group, the Future Crew!

Turn on closed caption for English Subs!

Demoscene-dokumentti - The Demoscene Documentary: [Future Crew] episode

Well know for (Amongst others!):
Some graphics are bodged up due to them running in a DOS emulator!

Unreal:

Future Crew - Unreal (Demo)

Second Reality:

Second Reality by Future Crew (PC Demo)

Their BBS Demo 1 (Only 6kb!)

Future Crew: Starport BBSintro

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Crew

Xak

Penn & Teller (not the Sega CD game the real deal)

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

TR0N

IMG

retroguy

Happy Halloween, everybody! And to my fellow witches, Happy New Year!

MARILYN MANSON :: This Is Halloween
I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.

roflmao

TR0N

LGR - Harvester - DOS PC Game Review
IMG

SuperPlay

A fantastic interview With Dave Haynie - 2001.

Chief engineer for Commodore's advanced projects.

Interview With Dave Haynie - 2001

geise

LOL!  Times have changed.

Parents Upset Over New Nintendo Console - Super Nintendo - Circa 1991

Xak

Prince Royce - Te Me Vas - Lyrics

jeffhlewis

Nando

TR0N

I totally agree with alphaomegasin,google has screwed youtube by forcing user to have google+ to comment  ](*,)
Google For F*cks Sake Quit Making Youtube Suck
IMG

Mathius

I most definitely miss the old YT.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: TR0N on 11/08/2013, 02:27 AMI totally agree with alphaomegasin,google has screwed youtube by forcing user to have google+ to comment  ](*,)
Why are people surprised when a company tries to push a product using another, more popular product? It's marketing 101.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 11/08/2013, 09:52 AMWhy are people surprised when a company tries to push a product using another, more popular product? It's marketing 101.
Who's surprised? Disliking it doesn't mean we're surprised. "Marketing 101" does not justify it or absolve Google from being the recipient of complaints. I saw this exact change coming over a month ago and I was trying to get my Youtube and Google+ account linked and it was being a bitch. And it's still not working well at all. You need to CONSTANTLY tell Google that you don't want to use your real name. Some people have four or five Google+ accounts associated with their Youtubes because the process does not work right.  So are we gonna complain? Hell yes. Are we justified in complaining? Damn right we are.

JoshTurboTrollX

Could you be complaining about being surprised?  Or just surprised Complaints? 

I know it's a week past Halloween, but why not chill out and watch Day of the Dead with me.  :)
Also, I hardly noticed any real issue as I linked up the g+ and yt accounts a while back when they told me to.  I always do as I'm told....  I only have the one yt account, and I could see how this is such a pain for those with multiple accounts.  When I linked up the accounts I just dropped the yt handle I had used for years (shubibinmanfan) and just went with my lame-o name... oh well....
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/08/2013, 04:14 PM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 11/08/2013, 09:52 AMWhy are people surprised when a company tries to push a product using another, more popular product? It's marketing 101.
Who's surprised? Disliking it doesn't mean we're surprised. "Marketing 101" does not justify it or absolve Google from being the recipient of complaints. I saw this exact change coming over a month ago and I was trying to get my Youtube and Google+ account linked and it was being a bitch. And it's still not working well at all. You need to CONSTANTLY tell Google that you don't want to use your real name. Some people have four or five Google+ accounts associated with their Youtubes because the process does not work right.  So are we gonna complain? Hell yes. Are we justified in complaining? Damn right we are.
Hey suit yourself - I just get tired of everyone thinking it's the end of the fucking world when a company changes a policy or institutes something like this.

TR0N

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 11/08/2013, 09:52 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 11/08/2013, 02:27 AMI totally agree with alphaomegasin,google has screwed youtube by forcing user to have google+ to comment  ](*,)
Why are people surprised when a company tries to push a product using another, more popular product? It's marketing 101.
No surprise if any thing for google force this bs onto the user.I'm sure they see profit in it but,still not making it optional is ridiculous.Not to mention i never wanted google+ in the first place ! I never had any use for any kind of social network that being facebook or twitter.Though there is a petition up all ready asking google to change it back for youtubers.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 11/09/2013, 12:55 AM
No surprise if any thing for google force this bs onto the user.I'm sure they see profit in it but,still not making it optional is ridiculous.Not to mention i never wanted google+ in the first place ! I never had any use for any kind of social network that being facebook or twitter.Though there is a petition up all ready asking google to change it back for youtubers.
I'll add my two cents:

(1) Contrary to AlphaBetaSinewave's claims, YouTube was not "fine" before. YouTube turned to crap years and years ago, sadly (when the power/focus shifted away from the organic community of small, independent content-creators+viewers (BOTTOM -- UP) to Google's heavy-handed TOP --> DOWN approach (promoting corporate clients & their interests; pushing generic, "mass appeal" content; monetization). OBVIOUSLY I KNEW YOUTUBE WOULD CHANGE, since it is not a public service/charity, and YT burned through millions/billions(?) of dollars without any feasible plan to break even, let alone profit. I'm not an idiot, I knew YT had to fit into google's corporate strategy in some manner. 

(2) The comment system on YouTube has always been broken, but it was/is INEXCUSABLE for its caretakers to ignore this problem for so long. Of course, this problem was not unique to YouTube, but any site that allowed comments. NONETHELESS, the fact remains that the cesspool of comments only became worse as Google chose to avoid dealing with it (they should have been a pioneer in combatting the sludge).

(3) Google is fully aware of how its policies affect the folks who truly love its services (e.g., the YT community AlphaBeta refers to). The problem, of course, is Google puts far too much weight on the "average YT consumer" (since they represent the overwhelming majority of YT's users)...and designs its policies/monetization efforts to capture the widest possible audience.  THIS IS AN ANCIENT TALE (the most loyal, dedicated are betrayed for greater market share). THERE IS NOTHING TO SEE HERE. MOVE ALONG.

(4) Google+ will still be lame, even if Google props it up with YouTube. For the record, I don't use Facebook, either. Because Facebook is lame, too. 

Back on topic...
I can't imagine how awesome it would have been to play APPLE IIe with a Roland MIDI module, but it sure as hell would have been better that the chirps/tweets I heard back in the day  :pcgs:

Xak

Xak

^he would come out dancing and then whup your ass. Best MMA fighter ever. Ultimate intimadation, dancing in your face

TR0N

Quote from: esteban on 11/09/2013, 07:22 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 11/09/2013, 12:55 AM
I'll add my two cents:

(1) Contrary to AlphaBetaSinewave's claims, YouTube was not "fine" before. YouTube turned to crap years and years ago, sadly (when the power/focus shifted away from the organic community of small, independent content-creators+viewers (BOTTOM -- UP) to Google's heavy-handed TOP --> DOWN approach (promoting corporate clients & their interests; pushing generic, "mass appeal" content; monetization). OBVIOUSLY I KNEW YOUTUBE WOULD CHANGE, since it is not a public service/charity, and YT burned through millions/billions(?) of dollars without any feasible plan to break even, let alone profit. I'm not an idiot, I knew YT had to fit into google's corporate strategy in some manner. 

(2) The comment system on YouTube has always been broken, but it was/is INEXCUSABLE for its caretakers to ignore this problem for so long. Of course, this problem was not unique to YouTube, but any site that allowed comments. NONETHELESS, the fact remains that the cesspool of comments only became worse as Google chose to avoid dealing with it (they should have been a pioneer in combatting the sludge).

(3) Google is fully aware of how its policies affect the folks who truly love its services (e.g., the YT community AlphaBeta refers to). The problem, of course, is Google puts far too much weight on the "average YT consumer" (since they represent the overwhelming majority of YT's users)...and designs its policies/monetization efforts to capture the widest possible audience.  THIS IS AN ANCIENT TALE (the most loyal, dedicated are betrayed for greater market share). THERE IS NOTHING TO SEE HERE. MOVE ALONG.

(4) Google+ will still be lame, even if Google props it up with YouTube. For the record, I don't use Facebook, either. Because Facebook is lame, too. 

Back on topic...
I can't imagine how awesome it would have been to play APPLE IIe with a Roland MIDI module, but it sure as hell would have been better that the chirps/tweets I heard back in the day  :pcgs:
Translation google owns youtube and they run it how they see fit.Most i can hope for it backfires on them and they lose business over it,but i doubt it since youtube is so big now.
IMG

TR0N

IMG

futureman2000

Eternal Champions - Sudden Deaths
I think the circus one is my favorite

Nando