@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?

Started by Dark Fact, 02/16/2006, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamIAm

No, no rhyming. Japanese and rhyming don't really get along well anyway since sentences tend to end in a very limited number of ways. Most Japanese song lyrics don't even rhyme at all.

What we are trying to pull off is a certain sort of rhythm and style, done by counting the number of syllables in pairs of translated lines and trying to get them to work in patterns. We'll see if it works.

The real tough thing is doing that while keeping the lines succinct enough to let the viewer take in the amazing animation. This is definitely a movie where the visuals are far, far richer and more important than the dialogue.

PukeSter

Quote from: SamIAm on 01/01/2013, 09:50 AMNo, no rhyming. Japanese and rhyming don't really get along well anyway since sentences tend to end in a very limited number of ways. Most Japanese song lyrics don't even rhyme at all.

What we are trying to pull off is a certain sort of rhythm and style, done by counting the number of syllables in pairs of translated lines and trying to get them to work in patterns. We'll see if it works.

The real tough thing is doing that while keeping the lines succinct enough to let the viewer take in the amazing animation. This is definitely a movie where the visuals are far, far richer and more important than the dialogue.
If it doesn't work, subtitles are always a great way to go. Vincent Price is awesome. :)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 12/29/2012, 08:07 AM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 12/29/2012, 07:17 AMFor lulz
I've seen that before and it's still disturbing. :)
Agreed 100%. I've seen that before and it is most certainly disturbing. I want to believe it's sugar glass, but I don't think it is. At all.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

munchiaz

SuperDeadite

Followed some snowboard cosplayers the other day.
Also, how to scratch your board:
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

SuperDeadite

X68000 MIDI Parade 1.5 - Yamaha MU2000EX (Requests)
Followup to my original vid.  This one is all personal requests people asked for, so it's a bit random.

NightWolve

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 12/29/2012, 07:17 AMFor lulz
Holy shit, and it seems the judges had no warning something like that was coming!

TR0N

Ghost Drive thru punk  :lol: :lol:
Really !? No really !!!!!
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 01/12/2013, 07:52 AMGhost Drive thru punk  :lol: :lol:
Really !? No really !!!!!
That was pretty good. :pcgs:

TR0N

IMG

Nec.Game.head

Ive been watching this dude lately .. lol this dude truly defines the term a true man !!!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

SNKNostalgia

Greatest unboxing video of all time!!!

Joe Redifer

And the only unboxing on the internet worth watching.

wallzter

Been Watching "Turbo Views" but seems as tho hes stopped uploading them.

SuperPlay

Quote from: wallzter on 01/21/2013, 08:16 PMBeen Watching "Turbo Views" but seems as tho hes stopped uploading them.
I love Chris's reviews :-)

He currently has 67 Turbo reviews, 9 Import reviews and a if I remember a couple of specials.

http://www.turboviews.com/

Chris Bucci posted a message on his Facebook Group page back in December.  This may explain why his updates have slowed down.

"Sorry guys...circumstances caused another "move" for me. It was a bit out-of-nowhere. So, obviously...everything in life has been put on hold and is a bit crazy. Thanks for sticking with me, though. I hope to be back soon. :)"

wallzter

I know he was sick a while back. Hopefully it doesnt have to do with that. His last update was in September hopefully all is well.

TR0N

IMG

Mathius

Ni No Kuni REVIEW!
This is the game that involved Studio Ghibli. Can't wait to get it!

Joe Redifer

Mine's on its way from Amazon now.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/24/2013, 12:32 AMMine's on its way from Amazon now.
From what I heard it doesn't have direct involvement from Myazaki. But from what I have seen it seems to have the heart and soul Studio Ghibli is known for.

Joe Redifer

As the only person on the entire planet who doesn't give a rat's ass about anime, I don't care about that. I just care that the game is good.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/25/2013, 01:27 AMAs the only person on the entire planet who doesn't give a rat's ass about anime, I don't care about that. I just care that the game is good.
Anime isn't something I am heavily involved in either, with the exception on Akira and Studio Ghibli movies. If I were you I would give them a watch sometime. Try out Princess Mononoke or Spirited Away. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

bartre

Sometimes i think i'm the only person on the planet who doesn't lose it over miyazaki/studio ghibli movies.
I honestly haven't liked a single one.

Joe Redifer

I own Princess Mononoke on DVD and I guess it wasn't bad. I can't really remember much about it other than it was slow. I also remember Billy Bob Thornton doing one of the voices so that probably brought it down a few notches.  As for Akira I remember it being downright bizarre/insane/completely nonsensical. I rented that one on LaserDisc back in the day when it was originally released. Please be jealous of me because I saw it before most of you. I watched another one with a cyborg girl shooting up a tank in a warehouse. Ghost in the Shell maybe? I've seen a lot of other stuff as well but the anime bug has never really bitten me.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/25/2013, 05:58 PMI own Princess Mononoke on DVD and I guess it wasn't bad. I can't really remember much about it other than it was slow. I also remember Billy Bob Thornton doing one of the voices so that probably brought it down a few notches.  As for Akira I remember it being downright bizarre/insane/completely nonsensical. I rented that one on LaserDisc back in the day when it was originally released. Please be jealous of me because I saw it before most of you. I watched another one with a cyborg girl shooting up a tank in a warehouse. Ghost in the Shell maybe? I've seen a lot of other stuff as well but the anime bug has never really bitten me.
Understood. At least try out Spirited Away. It truly is wonderful. :)

TheClash603

My girlfriend never heard this song before?  What a nerd.

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 01/23/2013, 11:52 AMNi No Kuni REVIEW!
This is the game that involved Studio Ghibli. Can't wait to get it!
Good luck if you got the wizard edition  :P
IMG

SuperPlay

I used to love this game on my Super Famicom.

Equinox (Solstice II)
Some top tunes!

SuperDeadite

Playing around with some quite serious MIDI hardware.
Did a few tweaks to SSFII's Ken theme, and this is the result:

Youtube
MP3 (thanks for the host este!)
https://www.tg-16.com/contributors/superdeadite/SuperSFII/Ken_RockyKit_Edit.mp3

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 01/28/2013, 01:11 AMPlaying around with some quite serious MIDI hardware.

Youtube
MP3 (thanks for the host este!)
https://www.tg-16.com/contributors/superdeadite/SuperSFII/Ken_RockyKit_Edit.mp3
DELICIOUS!

Folks, you can find superdeadite's X68000 stuff here (I know, I have to find/make a cute icon for X68!):

https://archives.tg-16.com/music_database.htm?col=platform&val=x68

:pcgs:

munchiaz

My friends made this parody resident evil video

TR0N

Quote from: wallzter on 01/22/2013, 05:59 PMI know he was sick a while back. Hopefully it doesnt have to do with that. His last update was in September hopefully all is well.
He's back  :wink:
IMG

SuperPlay

Great to see that he is back on the scene :-)

wallzter

He's back and it sounds like he's working on the next review as we speak. Hopefully its soon.

munchiaz

glad to see him back. Looking forward to the next review

TR0N

Star Parodier Review-Bullet Heaven HD,Episode 60
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Me screwing around with a Kindle Fire playing an action RPG-
Found it to be pretty fun, thought I'd share:  =)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SuperPlay

I went to this gig, it was an awesome show :-)

Rammstein - 2012.03.01 - Manchester [Full Show]

Nando

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 01/28/2013, 01:11 AMPlaying around with some quite serious MIDI hardware.

Youtube
Holy crap, that's trippy

SuperDeadite

X68000 MIDI Parade 2: Roland CM-64.

Many games here, this vid is just over 2 hours long. :)

NightWolve

"Banned Skittles Commercial"

(Note: Not Safe for Work! Also, avoid if you're a prudish cunt and easily offended!)
That could not have been serious, but I dunno what to think... Heh!

Mathius

Quote from: NightWolve on 02/03/2013, 01:08 PM"Banned Skittles Commercial"

(Note: Not Safe for Work! Also, avoid if you're a prudish cunt and easily offended!)
That could not have been serious, but I dunno what to think... Heh!
I don't know! It seemed to have pretty high production values.

Starfighter

I'm watching Raspberry Pi experiments and feel very inspired.

NecroPhile

What's wrong with the Skittles commercial?  No T, no A, no wang.... how do we know he's not just helping the bride put on a particularly tight corset?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SuperPlay

Fancy some climbing?
How to climb a 1768 Feet (538mts) radio tower

and now how about scaling an abandoned 700ft Elektrostal radio tower near Moscow, Russia.

TR0N

My Life With SEGA-Expansion Carts
IMG

Nando

Super Mario Busters
and really, how hard is it to  upgrade the forums to embed these things...

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Nando