@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digi.k

few more hong kong movie dvds and mariokart 888888

f00e4aef1e5ac485754b5dec519a38f5.jpg

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 05/22/2014, 12:12 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 05/22/2014, 09:53 AMFinally got Triad Stone for under $100:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/310961203340?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Perseverance and patience enough said.
Get ready for some POWER POWER POWER!!
Seriously, this is the most I have played any Laseractive game thus far. Even better I got my buddy's kids to start running around saying power power power!

Joe Redifer

I got Splash Lake when it was on clearance at Toys R Us. I only bought it because it was cheap. It was around $7 or $8 I think. Definitely worth that. Surprised it's not worth more than $30 or so since I believe it was a fairly late release.

bob

What WAS the last cd_rom2 (non-super) release?

sosoyo180

Quote from: galam on 05/31/2014, 05:50 PMWhat WAS the last cd_rom2 (non-super) release?
According to Wikipedia it's Splash Lake, released on June 28, 1991. That seems to be the last non-super release in NA
12 hard black inches of pure fun, the TurboGrafx 16.

bob

Does terraforming count?   :-k
Doesnt it actually play on a TGCD with no SS Card?

sosoyo180

Quote from: galam on 05/31/2014, 05:59 PMDoes terraforming count?   :-k
Doesnt it actually play on a TGCD with no SS Card?
Huh, never heard about that one, I wish I knew because that would imply I actually have Terraforming. Which 'surprisingly' I do not...

Mathius

Quote from: Mathius on 05/28/2014, 08:50 PM^^ What PS1 game is that top row 2nd from left? It looks like it's in a demo CD cardboard case.

And what kind of game is Aubirdforce? It's from BanDai so I am assuming it's some kind of licensed game.
:-" :P

Joe Redifer

QuoteAccording to Wikipedia it's Splash Lake, released on June 28, 1991.
I have to question Wikipedia's Splash Lake's release date. It was released without a cardboard box which means it was released by TTi. The Duo wouldn't be out for a while longer. I got my TurboGrafx with CD in June of 1991 and the Duo wasn't even a thing. The Super System Card was still a ways away. Ys 3 was released after June 1991 in the US.

Psycho Punch

I thought Buster Bros. and Splash Lake were the only NEC CDRom releases without cardboard boxes, not TTi releases.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

MrFlutterPie

/R9QGaB0.jpg

Did a little garage sailing today. Nothing big but it has been awhile since I go something.  The Wii games were a buck a piece and the 3 Gamecube games were a buck for all 3.

The Scart cable was free :D  The bag of Star Wars Miniatures was $7

/vjpW6m4.jpg

I also bought a new shelf for my games.  The person wanted $10 but I talked her down to $5.

/TyIhzLA.jpg

Been on a OBEY drought for a long time now.  Finally found Last Alert for a non stupid price.  When the hell did this this game go up to $50?? I've been wanting it for sometime now so it's great to finally get it and not overpay :D The sports games were only a few bucks I added in to make the shipping costs worthwhile. 

/wXsUYqt.jpg

I had a 25% coupon so I bought THE BEST BOOK IN THE WORLD EVER!!!!!11111ONE :dance:

sosoyo180

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/31/2014, 06:53 PM
QuoteAccording to Wikipedia it's Splash Lake, released on June 28, 1991.
I have to question Wikipedia's Splash Lake's release date. It was released without a cardboard box which means it was released by TTi. The Duo wouldn't be out for a while longer. I got my TurboGrafx with CD in June of 1991 and the Duo wasn't even a thing. The Super System Card was still a ways away. Ys 3 was released after June 1991 in the US.
You know what, it was probably the Japanese release date (my bad), wikipedia didn't specify which region the release date was for and according to them YS III was released in June 28, 1991. Sorry for the confusion!

PunkCryborg

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 05/31/2014, 08:02 PMI had a 25% coupon so I bought THE BEST BOOK IN THE WORLD EVER!!!!!11111ONE :dance:
My kids love Eric Carle books, especially that one

bob

One of the reasons i was excited to have kids was for the books. I have been on a 5 year long hunt for "Cheese, Peas, and Chocolate Pudding"

synbiosfan

I bought another Psychomania DVD since the latest one I'd bought is missing a few minutes that were on the old VHS release.

The latest one I bought is from The EuroShock Collection so we'll see if it's complete.

It's a cheesy bikers return to life film from my childhood.

Bardoly

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/31/2014, 04:06 PMI have said it before and I will say it again, I love Splash Lake.

One of the best games of its type ever made.
Ditto.
It is a great game!  My son's and I all really enjoy it.

NightWolve

Quote from: Opethian on 05/29/2014, 08:44 PMIMG
IMG

Ys OVA w/ Calendar 4th LD has some promos and a music video from JDK Band!
Niccce! Anybody ever discover what Falcom's "J.D.K." stands for, BTW ??

Joe Redifer

Quote from: guest on 05/31/2014, 06:55 PMI thought Buster Bros. and Splash Lake were the only NEC CDRom releases without cardboard boxes, not TTi releases.
It's TTi. Look on the back of the case. Turbo Technologies.

Tatsujin

from le HO :)

/10298668_10202736452346282_2596236880283191397_n.jpg
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NightWolve

The Japanese version of Einhander now. How about that, looks like the cover art choice on the US version is better. It's been ages since I beat mine, I don't remember anything about it.

Mathius

What is the PS1 game on the left, Tatters?

Tatsujin

Gundam W Teh Battle. 2D brawler with huge sprites :)

tehre are two of them

新機動戦記ガンダムW THEバトル その1
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Pretty cool! That vid is pretty grainy but there seems to be a lot of animation in those sprites.

Tatsujin

lol yeah it's a bad video, I found out after posted it :lol:

huge animated 2D sprites with lots of animation and smooth scaling and stuff :)

Bardoly

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/01/2014, 10:41 AMfrom le HO :)

/10298668_10202736452346282_2596236880283191397_n.jpg
Where's the OBEY?   :-"

BlueBMW

Tatters, find me a copy of that gundam W game.  Ive got a wierd liking for Gundam Wing hehe.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Tatsujin

ok, will keep an eye on those. shouldn't be that difficult :)

@Bard: only nobey this time :(

xcrement5x

Just got back from vacation and had a couple things waiting for me:

IMG

My raffle Win from PCEFX!  An awesome looking Famicom to NES convertor from jperryss.  Now I need to pick up some fami carts!

Plus a couple random DS pickups:
A Witch's Tale
Battles of Prince of Persia

I've been trying to get a decent copy of A Witch's Tale for awhile since I passed on one a couple years back.  I'm a big NISA fan and was missing this.  Unfortunately it has quite a heavy smoke smell to it :(  The PoP game ended at 99c from the same seller so I figured it wouldn't hurt to grab for the combined shipping. 

Next up though, some major LaserActive love!!!

IMG

-Blue Chicago Blues (JP) with obi, reg. card, and instruction sheet.

One of my HOLY GRAILS for the LaserActive of the last several years.  I've been looking for a copy for awhile that didn't make my wallet cry and got lucky as sin here.  It was a blind buy on condition and it looks great.  There is some slight rubbing on the sleeve but other than that it looks like new.  I actually originally thought I was getting the MegaLD version but this showed up instead.  I will not complain, and can't wait to get to play it ;)

-3D Museum (JP) with obi, reg. card, and instruction sheet.

Yet another copy of 3D Museum, again with no glasses.  But it's the ROMROM version and I wanted to try and grab it if I could.  Got a nice deal on it and was another blind buy on condition.  Looks pretty decent all things considered.  I'm not sure if the ROMROM version came with the heavy outer sleeve either, but this one is lacking both that and the 3D glasses.

And less interesting but still neat:

IMG

Triad Stone (JP Copy) with obi and instruction sheet.

Zapping TV Satsui (JP Copy) with instruction sheet and reg card.

The Zappingu was a blind buy on condition and has no obi, I can't complain too much though since the price was great.  I have a US copy of Triad Stone but found a good price on this JP copy and wanted one with an obi finally.  POWER POWER POWER!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Opethian

dammit I need that triad stone! lol nice hauls xele
IMG

Nando

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/01/2014, 09:40 PMlol yeah it's a bad video, I found out after posted it :lol:

huge animated 2D sprites with lots of animation and smooth scaling and stuff :)
Makes me think of a Souped up version of Endless Waltz on the SFC.

esteban

GODDAMN! LaserActive owners, why don't you love in NYC area? So I can visit you and play LD-ROM...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

The Print Booster and Illust Booster arrived in the mail yesterday.  Sadly, the clear cover thingy on the printer did not survive shipping and ended up busted in half.  :(
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 06/02/2014, 04:58 PMThe Print Booster and Illust Booster arrived in the mail yesterday.  Sadly, the clear cover thingy on the printer did not survive shipping and ended up busted in half.  :(
I want to see that baby in action! Can you make a video of it? You gotta!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 06/02/2014, 02:18 PMJust got back from vacation and had a couple things waiting for me:

IMG

My raffle Win from PCEFX!  An awesome looking Famicom to NES convertor from jperryss.  Now I need to pick up some fami carts!

A Witch's Tale

I've been trying to get a decent copy of A Witch's Tale for awhile since I passed on one a couple years back.  I'm a big NISA fan and was missing this.  Unfortunately it has quite a heavy smoke smell to it :(  The PoP game ended at 99c from the same seller so I figured it wouldn't hurt to grab for the combined shipping. 

Next up though, some major LaserActive love!!!

IMG

-Blue Chicago Blues (JP) with obi, reg. card, and instruction sheet.

One of my HOLY GRAILS for the LaserActive of the last several years.  I've been looking for a copy for awhile that didn't make my wallet cry and got lucky as sin here.  It was a blind buy on condition and it looks great.  There is some slight rubbing on the sleeve but other than that it looks like new.  I actually originally thought I was getting the MegaLD version but this showed up instead.  I will not complain, and can't wait to get to play it ;)

-3D Museum (JP) with obi, reg. card, and instruction sheet.

Yet another copy of 3D Museum, again with no glasses.  But it's the ROMROM version and I wanted to try and grab it if I could.  Got a nice deal on it and was another blind buy on condition.  Looks pretty decent all things considered.  I'm not sure if the ROMROM version came with the heavy outer sleeve either, but this one is lacking both that and the 3D glasses.

And less interesting but still neat:

IMG

Triad Stone (JP Copy) with obi and instruction sheet.

Zapping TV Satsui (JP Copy) with instruction sheet and reg card.

The Zappingu was a blind buy on condition and has no obi, I can't complain too much though since the price was great.  I have a US copy of Triad Stone but found a good price on this JP copy and wanted one with an obi finally.  POWER POWER POWER!
That witch's tale looks interesting.  Couldn't find a video review of it, but I have been a growing fan of NIS. 

Where did you find it?  I typically see complete games going for $49-64. With lose games for around $25

xcrement5x

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/02/2014, 06:47 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/02/2014, 02:18 PMJust got back from vacation and had a couple things waiting for me:

IMG

A Witch's Tale

That witch's tale looks interesting.  Couldn't find a video review of it, but I have been a growing fan of NIS. 

Where did you find it?  I typically see complete games going for $49-64. With lose games for around $25
I found it off ebay.  I'd been waiting awhile for a CIB auction to show up and this one finished for about $30.  The cart is slightly discolored but I don't really mind that much, and I can always swap for a better looking loose cart if I ever come across one in the wild.  The one I passed on a couple years back was $15 and I still kick myself a bit for not grabbing it as it looked nice and minty.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

turbokon

My haul for today.  This is probably my best haul ever. Everything will need some sort of repair.

IMG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Medic_wheat

Nice haul

I must Remmeber to bug some of the tech savy people to do some repairs for my sega cd, TG-16 cd drive, and recap my turbo duo.

In fact if anyone could pm me at their convince so I can figure out pricing I can budget to get this done sooner then later.

Tatsujin

supreme haul. from where did you get that? :)

synbiosfan

Click on turbokon's link right above your post for one quote. Now below too :)

turbokon

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/03/2014, 08:11 PMsupreme haul. from where did you get that? :)
Not eBay, land of the rising sun:)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

nectarsis

All cheapies at Walmart/Best Buy

/20140604_134739_zps2gkegaxl.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

PunkCryborg

Quote from: nectarsis on 06/04/2014, 03:07 PMAll cheapies at Walmart/Best Buy
man nice godzilla stuff dude!

Mathius

Ninja Spirit

/680586855341701_.jpg

Famicom Jump

cdninstagram /10375830_1453114154928278_1129002621_n.jpg

Nando

Medic_wheat

If I had to guess it is in relation to the shojan jump managa series which has had many various managa on it from blech to dbz to I think even astro boy.

I also see a famicom twin. Was that a new pick up as well?

Nando

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/05/2014, 12:16 PMIf I had to guess it is in relation to the shojan jump managa series which has had many various managa on it from blech to dbz to I think even astro boy.

I also see a famicom twin. Was that a new pick up as well?
A quick online search result: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdVG_wWATY7TikirswdodvQ

looks like it's a collection of games based on the Jump collections? I recognize most of the characters on the cover.

Mathius

He's had that Twin for awhile I believe.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Mathius on 06/05/2014, 12:42 PMHe's had that Twin for awhile I believe.
I have thought about getting one as it would aerve my need for both a famicom and a disk system. They seem to still be reasonably priced typically ranging in the $250 and higher.

Ill have to do more research as I am unfamiliar with draw back and what can and cant be done with it as far as av moding to display on a us tv be it modern or tube

Mathius

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/05/2014, 12:55 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 06/05/2014, 12:42 PMHe's had that Twin for awhile I believe.
I have thought about getting one as it would aerve my need for both a famicom and a disk system. They seem to still be reasonably priced typically ranging in the $250 and higher.

Ill have to do more research as I am unfamiliar with draw back and what can and cant be done with it as far as av moding to display on a us tv be it modern or tube
I have a Sharp Twin. Your biggest worry should be the disk drive. Finding someone who can do repairs if needed on that fickle thing can be difficult. I know of someone who has devised a new way to service it but I am not sure he's done experimenting with it yet.