OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja Spirit

The PCE system is not a recent pickup. 
/817686178242465_.jpg

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 06/13/2014, 10:45 AMThe PCE system is not a recent pickup. 
/817686178242465_.jpg
Which game is that?  And is it playable for English speakers....

I am sure nearly everyone else knows which games this is lol

NecroPhile

That's Valkyrie no Densetsu, a fun overhead platformer / action game.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 06/13/2014, 02:06 PMThat's Valkyrie no Densetsu, a fun overhead platformer / action game.
Thanks just lookd up game play. Looks like my cup o tea. Seemes it is included in the ps1 Namco Musiam games as well vol 5.

Will have to keep it on my radar.

esteban

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/13/2014, 02:27 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/13/2014, 02:06 PMThat's Valkyrie no Densetsu, a fun overhead platformer / action game.
Thanks just lookd up game play. Looks like my cup o tea. Seemes it is included in the ps1 Namco Musiam games as well vol 5.

Will have to keep it on my radar.
"The Humble Legend of Sister Valkyrie" is the official title.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

MrFlutterPie

/zQpjgHg.jpg

More cheap DS games.

Medic_wheat

I see three ds games I have my eye on

A witches take looks interesting along with anything shin bla bla bla and cant go wrong with those trauma center games

xcrement5x

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/16/2014, 03:53 PM/zQpjgHg.jpg

More cheap DS games. 
A Witch's Tale wasn't a cheapy for me, if you got a good price on it kudos to you!

Also, Valkyrie is one of the Namco girls, and she has/had her own webcomic for a bit:
http://www.shiftylook.com/comics/valkyrie/welcome-to-wunderland
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

MrFlutterPie

When I first played Trauma Center 1 I actually  froze and chocked lol. It was so intense.  I heard that the sequel eases some of the difficulty.  The first one gives you a really quick simple tutorial and then your off.  This why I am not surgeon lol

I have a large DS collection and I pretty much only pay $5 or less for all of my games.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 06/16/2014, 04:35 PM

More cheap DS games. 
A Witch's Tale wasn't a cheapy for me, if you got a good price on it kudos to you!

Also, Valkyrie is one of the Namco girls, and she has/had her own webcomic for a bit:
.   Why would you pay a lot for that game(witch's tale)? It wasn't rated well at all.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/16/2014, 05:22 PMWhen I first played Trauma Center 1 I actually  froze and chocked lol. It was so intense.  I heard that the sequel eases some of the difficulty.  The first one gives you a really quick simple tutorial and then your off.  This why I am not surgeon lol

I have a large DS collection and I pretty much only pay $5 or less for all of my games.
My DS collection has always been lack luster...mostly because it is hard to find games I want in the wild and even more in box...not that there is ANY lack of great DS games.  And a few ports like chrono trigger

TheClash603

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/16/2014, 05:22 PMWhen I first played Trauma Center 1 I actually  froze and chocked lol. It was so intense.  I heard that the sequel eases some of the difficulty.  The first one gives you a really quick simple tutorial and then your off.  This why I am not surgeon lol

I have paid more than $5 for my games, but I do normally find what I want in the $5-$15 range.  My DS game library grew pretty quickly over the past two years, as it has been a real buyers market.

xcrement5x

Quote from: guest on 06/16/2014, 06:19 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/16/2014, 04:35 PM

More cheap DS games. 

.   Why would you pay a lot for that game(witch's tale)? It wasn't rated well at all.
I am a big fan of NIS America, so I try to grab all their games.  I'd missed this one and expected it to drop in price but it never did :(
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Sparky

I use to buy comics when I was a kid so when I see one I don't have from a series I use to read i pick it up :)

IMG

Medic_wheat

That cover is the tits!

Me Grimlock!  Me dinobot leader

Me am smartest

Joe Redifer

They didn't talk like that in the comics if I recall.

TR0N

SNES Magical Pop'n
/mpn_zpsee241f42.png
/upro_zpsca3268f3.png
Got a wii u pro controller finally since they were on sale at amazon.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/18/2014, 12:32 AMThey didn't talk like that in the comics if I recall.
Maybe not but I always think of the cartoon when ever I imagine the voice of many of these classic characters.

MrFlutterPie

I love the old Marvel Transformers comics!

Here is my favorite issue: 

/IyoP15s.jpg

xcrement5x

I got several Playstation One titles from my local thrift the other day:

IMG

Panzer Front
Soviet Strike
Big Stike Bowling
Tetris Plus (YEAH!)
Street Raquetball (WTF)
Rage Race

and two 3rd-party PS1 memory cards.

It always makes me sad to look through saves on memory cards and see what games I might have missed at the thrift.  Besides the games shown, there were also saves for Digimon World 3, Soul Blade and a couple other gems on there :(

Medic_wheat

I always find it interesting to find saves as well

The PS2 IMO had the most interesting save files to date. It wasnt just text or anything it was often an icon or mini modle ofa character performing funny actions that denotes your PS2 save .

Some times of my cartridge games I like to leave one save file from the previous owner as a memory of who ownd it last before me.

Flare65

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/18/2014, 10:40 AMI love the old Marvel Transformers comics!

/IyoP15s.jpg
I loved reading those too.  I'd love to buy a cd/dvd that contains all the old comic books so you could read them.  Do you know if anything like that is available?  It would take me forever to track down all those old comics.  I'm not a collector, I just want to read them again.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Flare65 on 06/20/2014, 12:22 AM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/18/2014, 10:40 AMI love the old Marvel Transformers comics!

/IyoP15s.jpg
I loved reading those too.  I'd love to buy a cd/dvd that contains all the old comic books so you could read them.  Do you know if anything like that is available?  It would take me forever to track down all those old comics.  I'm not a collector, I just want to read them again.
They reprinted them in a hard bound book multi vol edition. I want to say it was IDW that did it when they bought the rights from Marvel.

They also reprinted the G.I. joe ones as well

bob

A little thrifting on the way home from vacation today.
Both copies of shadow man had that little map still with it.  All games are virtually pristine except for the cases themselves.  I already had a longbox toshinden, but had to rescue it from the dirty pile of cd's and movies for $5.

I left a $2 perfect copy of DK Country behind out of principle. LOL SNES.

/pool.jpg

Medic_wheat

Quote from: galam on 06/20/2014, 08:33 PMA little thrifting on the way home from vacation today.
Both copies of shadow man had that little map still with it.  All games are virtually pristine except for the cases themselves.  I already had a longbox toshinden, but had to rescue it from the dirty pile of cd's and movies for $5.

I left a $2 perfect copy of DK Country behind out of principle. LOL SNES.

/pool.jpg
I loved to play shadow man on the N64. Never played the dreamcast verson but I am sure it is a much better port.  Awe man now I wanna play it.

I am the LIZARD ..... KING!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Flare65 on 06/21/2014, 12:11 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/20/2014, 08:19 AMhttp://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Classics-TP-Bob-Budiansky/dp/1600109357/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1403266659&sr=1-1&keywords=transformers+comicshere you go you can get the first three volumes for under $54
Sweet!  Thank you for posting the link!
No problem. Looks like there are six volumes so far with a seventh volume you can pre order wichita would bring the number of issues on TPB to 80 if I remember correctly. Sadly I don't really remember how many issues the original Transformers has.  I want to say similarly to G.I. joe they had around 100? 

Ehhhh some one can wiki this I am sure.

Opethian

IMG
at long last...
IMG

Medic_wheat

I'll be honest....

I haven't a clue what you posted but it looks sexy

TR0N

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/23/2014, 08:54 PMI'll be honest....

I haven't a clue what you posted but it looks sexy
My guess another msx model ?
IMG

BlueBMW

Thats a baller MSX!  Turbo R!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Tatsujin

you can do baller games with that ^^
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

xcrement5x

Very nice Ope! 

Here are my recent goodies:

IMG

Went by the thrift yesterday, and picked up a couple small things.  A random PS2 type power cord, OEM PS AV Cable, and a PS2 Memory Card. 

Browsing CDs I saw and had to pick up copies of Use Your Illusion I & II from Guns N Roses when I saw them cheap.  The drive for nostalgia was so great that I've been rocking out in my car ever since.

Also finally got my BRAND NEW copy of Infinite Space for the DS.  It's an EU copy but is totally playable in English, and now I don't have to pay and arm and leg for a US copy.  A nod to Nulltard for constantly talking about how good this game is, and another to zborgerd for pointing out the EU copies for sale.

MrFlutterPie

^ Nice score on Infinite Space :D

That game rocks!  I picked up a U.S copy for $15 CIB locally a few months ago. 

I like the ship battles the best.

munchiaz

^ i need to get one of those EU copies

Medic_wheat

Here is hoping the WiiU gets a DS/3DS attachment to play these games on the tv.

With the tablet it just seems to make perfect seanse.

BlueBMW

Kind of an oddball here...

In from a trade.  Flying Dragon is mildly entertaining which is way more than I can say for the other two games...  Kind of like a cross between a SNES and Genesis but maybe one generation late to the game.  Oh who am I kidding, it sucks plain and simple but whatever.

Funtech Super A'Can  1995 Taiwanese 16bit Motorola 68000 based console.

/acan_zps5cc31632.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TR0N

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/24/2014, 03:20 PMHere is hoping the WiiU gets a DS/3DS attachment to play these games on the tv.

With the tablet it just seems to make perfect seanse.
Well nintendo plans to bring ds games to the wii u digitally but that's it.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/24/2014, 11:12 PMKind of an oddball here...

In from a trade.  Flying Dragon is mildly entertaining which is way more than I can say for the other two games...  Kind of like a cross between a SNES and Genesis but maybe one generation late to the game.  Oh who am I kidding, it sucks plain and simple but whatever.

/acan_zps5cc31632.jpg
This is one of those things I had never heard about until a few years ago.

I don't know if it had any shoot em ups? Probably not...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BlueBMW

It had 12 games.  None of which are shooters if I recall right.

Psycho Punch

Big Company against Big Company: SUCCESS (PCE, XBOX)
Small Company against Big Company: EPIC FAIL (A'Can, Zeebo)
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Medic_wheat

So here is a little chestnut.

I got a gift card for $100 for my birthday last month to use on Amazon.

I attempted recently to use said gift card for the $150 used copy of Coryoon.

I get a reply a day later saying out of stock and that my order waas canceled.

Ok no biggie. I order the $170 from lucky star

A fay later same thing haplenes. I ask that they replace with the OTHER posting they have thats $12 dollars more

That listing gets removed and no dice

I then think okay 3rd times tge charme. And I order the $186 listing

Well today that too gets canceled as they do not have it in stock

WTF japan amazon sellers?!?!?!

I dont even want to teyr

Opethian

tokyotoyfactory pulls this shit a lot they are fucking useless
fuck Chrisopher Ratel
IMG

Nando

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/26/2014, 01:45 PMSo here is a little chestnut.

A fay later same thing haplenes. I ask that they replace with the OTHER posting they have thats $12 dollars more

I dont even want to teyr
That's lame.

reson8er

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/26/2014, 01:45 PMSo here is a little chestnut.

I dont even want to teyr
I think what happens is they list it in several spots concurrently. Thus maximizing exposure. Since Amazon has no penalty for the seller, either they sold it already on eBay/whatever for more, or think they can get more since the listing went up. Sucks man.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: reson8er on 06/26/2014, 02:50 PMI think what happens is they list it in several spots concurrently. Thus maximizing exposure. Since Amazon has no penalty for the seller, either they sold it already on eBay/whatever for more, or think they can get more since the listing went up. Sucks man.
Makes seanse. Sucky for me but oh well. I just need to keep looking

TheClash603

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/24/2014, 11:12 PMKind of an oddball here...

That's damn cool!  I always wanted to try one of these bad boys.

Isn't it quite difficult to get all of the games?  Any two player games / is it possible to get a second controller without a system?  Is there an emulator for this thing?

BlueBMW

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/26/2014, 09:17 PMThat's damn cool!  I always wanted to try one of these bad boys.

Isn't it quite difficult to get all of the games?  Any two player games / is it possible to get a second controller without a system?  Is there an emulator for this thing?
I've never really seen many games for sale.  Apparently a few of them are ridiculously expensive.  I have occasionally seen extra controllers but again not often.  I do not know which games support two players though it does have two controller ports.  I've not looked for an emulator but my first guess would be no since its so obscure and really not that good.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/26/2014, 09:44 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/26/2014, 09:17 PMThat's damn cool!  I always wanted to try one of these bad boys.

I've never really seen many games for sale.  Apparently a few of them are ridiculously expensive.  I have occasionally seen extra controllers but again not often.  I do not know which games support two players though it does have two controller ports.  I've not looked for an emulator but my first guess would be no since its so obscure and really not that good.
remember that dude that was here a little while back who had a complete a'can set? I wonder if he had spares, I know he had a ton of stuff for it
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=15856.msg323138#msg323138