10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xcrement5x

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 07/29/2014, 11:25 PMThat copy of Fantasy Zone looks brand new xcrement5x.
Thanks!  It is in really nice shape; the manual, insert and cart all look very minty, and the only damage I saw was a small chip in the case but I am not too picky to care about that.   I got it PCEngineHell, he is a pretty awesome dude I've bought a couple things from.  :)
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Nando on 07/29/2014, 11:45 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 07/29/2014, 07:22 AMThe famicom game is panic restaurant and in price it's cheaper then the,nes version.
Is the main character sprite different on the JP version? Asking cause of the cover. How much did you find it for?
Good eye and yes it is.  In the JP version you play a young kid and I the US for some weird reason you play a old (not middle age just old lol) guy. The other difference is one of the power ups is weaker or stronger forget which in the us versus JP version.

eBay has been trying for around $150 similar for the little Samson for imports which I suspect largely is demand in the us for a more affordable version versus what the us game goes for.

I say suspect because just a few months back I almost won a CIB copy of little Samson famicom for $100 even but I got sniped and it ended at $102. Since then loose the game goes for $150 similarly to this game.

It keeps getting listed as "rare" but for Japan it is uncommon AT BEST.

TR0N

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/30/2014, 12:09 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 07/29/2014, 07:22 AMThe famicom game is panic restaurant and in price it's cheaper then the,nes version.
Is the main character sprite different on the JP version? Asking cause of the cover. How much did you find it for?
Good eye and yes it is.  In the JP version you play a young kid and I the US for some weird reason you play a old (not middle age just old lol) guy. The other difference is one of the power ups is weaker or stronger forget which in the us versus JP version.

eBay has been trying for around $150 similar for the little Samson for imports which I suspect largely is demand in the us for a more affordable version versus what the us game goes for.

I say suspect because just a few months back I almost won a CIB copy of little Samson famicom for $100 even but I got sniped and it ended at $102. Since then loose the game goes for $150 similarly to this game.

It keeps getting listed as "rare" but for Japan it is uncommon AT BEST.
The japanese panic restaurant cost me about $57.00 through a uk importer.Still in price it's much cheaper then the nes version.I do find it odd,how the nes panic restaurant has a old guy and the famicom version is a young guy instead.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

NecroPhile

First up, some sexy goodies from always generous Bernie:

IMG

Pretty sexy box set, no?  The tape is pretty cool for a short promo video; check it out on youtube if you haven't seen it yet.

Also from Bernie is a bonus chucard!  You're the best, Mr. Berns!

IMG

'Tis Mega Man.  I'd forgotten how much I suck at this game.  Was it always this fucking hard?!?

And to complete my collectard triumvirate:

IMG

I'll soon haul the PrintBooster and IllustBooster back out of storage to give it a test drive.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

reson8er

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/29/2014, 05:03 PMLomax is very pretty.
Indeed it is, I only managed to play the 1st stage last night, but it was already making sweet love to my eyeballs. Looking forward to playing a lot more. 1 hit kills did scare me though, lol.

PunkCryborg

MrFlutterPie

/HQtbtLN.jpg

The Final Fight revenge was from a great forum member.  This completes my Final Fight collection :dance:

The GBA game and Star Wars game were cheap pick ups (Although I love Star Wars and shumps).

Finally the Action Replay so I can play some sweet sweet imports on my Saturn.  Holy moly though it was hard getting the action replay seated in the Saturn properly so it would work.  The cart slot on the Saturn sucks balls.  I ended up pulling it up a 1-2mm to get it to recognize the cart was plugged in lol.

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

PunkCryborg

FiftyQuid

Some purchase build ups from the past few weeks.  First is the new glass for my pinball machine.  This time with a photo! :) Next is a new LED display for my pinball machine.  The original one from '87 had outgased.  Next is Mysterious Song, not sure if I ever posted about receiving my copy.  :-k Next is a PCE SS3.0 card from toktogul.  Wicked!

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

bob

i like that pic of the ss card.

Ayce

Didn't purchase it today, but it was gifted to me by Nintendo today as a Platinum member.

IMG

Over the past couple year's I've been noticing Nintendo get a bit stingy on their Platinum member gifts... I never saw this coming though. Even though I'd rather have some sort of swag from Nintendo this is actually a pretty fun game on the 3DS.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Ayce on 07/30/2014, 06:59 PMDidn't purchase it today, but it was gifted to me by Nintendo today as a Platinum member.
IMG
Over the past couple year's I've been noticing Nintendo get a bit stingy on their Platinum member gifts... I never saw this coming though. Even though I'd rather have some sort of swag from Nintendo this is actually a pretty fun game on the 3DS.
Was it a physical copy?  Bet it was just a digital download.  Which still isn't bad.  Per say

BlueBMW

Wow, nice reminder.  I had platinum last year so I was able to get that game too.  I enjoyed it well enough on the Wii but the waggle controls pissed me off to no end!  I heard the 3DS controls were more bearable.  I'll find out soon enough I suppose!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

HailingTheThings

Quote from: reson8er on 07/30/2014, 11:02 AM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/29/2014, 05:03 PMLomax is very pretty.
Indeed it is, I only managed to play the 1st stage last night, but it was already making sweet love to my eyeballs. Looking forward to playing a lot more. 1 hit kills did scare me though, lol.
Not a fan of 1 hit kills myself, but you do get an extra hit for wearing one of the hats in the game, so, yeah. If you enjoy this game, check out Flink on Sega CD.
IMG

NessFreaK

Awesome pick up last night ... and hoping to score an awesome lot today, too!

/10204403765638372_n.jpg
/10204403765198361_n.jpg
/10204403765598371_n.jpg

BigusSchmuck

I got Don Quoite for the Laseractive brand new for $100. :P
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291205026469

esteban

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 07/31/2014, 03:48 PMI got Don Quoite for the Laseractive brand new for $100. :P
Tell me about this. I have an advertisement for it. I have no idea what the gameplay would like.

Thanks  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

I was tempted in that seller's copy of Manhattan Requiem but ultimately passed.  I see it's been relisted, but unfortunately not at a lower price.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: esteban on 07/31/2014, 04:12 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 07/31/2014, 03:48 PMI got Don Quoite for the Laseractive brand new for $100. :P
Tell me about this. I have an advertisement for it. I have no idea what the gameplay would like.

Thanks  :pcgs:
From what I understand its a RPG but other than that thats all I know. :) I think I pissed him off too when I told him good luck for selling it at $250 when there are what like maybe 1000 or so laseractive collectors out there. Finally said screw it I'll take your $100 offer.

MrFlutterPie

This was a surprising find.  I was looking at it trying to figure out if there was an actually DS lite inside.  I picjed it up and it was heavy so I ask they guy if there was an actual DS in there.  The guy tells me yes and then turns to his co-worker and joke that they should put a sign up that yes it did come with the DS inside lol.

/1lhRQu9.jpg

I have been looking for a new DS as my old childhood phat version GBA slot stopped working so I can't play GBA games on it.

munchiaz

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 07/31/2014, 05:36 PMThis was a surprising find.  I was looking at it trying to figure out if there was an actually DS lite inside.  I picjed it up and it was heavy so I ask they guy if there was an actual DS in there.  The guy tells me yes and then turns to his co-worker and joke that they should put a sign up that yes it did come with the DS inside lol.

/1lhRQu9.jpg

I have been looking for a new DS as my old childhood phat version GBA slot stopped working so I can't play GBA games on it. 
Nice find. I could use a DSlite.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: munchiaz on 07/31/2014, 05:39 PM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 07/31/2014, 05:36 PMThis was a surprising find.  I was looking at it trying to figure out if there was an actually DS lite inside.  I picjed it up and it was heavy so I ask they guy if there was an actual DS in there.  The guy tells me yes and then turns to his co-worker and joke that they should put a sign up that yes it did come with the DS inside lol.

/1lhRQu9.jpg

Wow for $30 that's a steal.

Nice find. I could use a DSlite.

TheClash603

What store had that clearance?  If it is a Big Lots or something, I need to get out and look for a DS Lite.

MrFlutterPie

I got it at EB Games.  The employees said they found them in the back room and were just trying to get rid of them.

They only had 4 at the store.  I don't know if it was there store only or if it was a chain wide thing.

TheClash603

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 07/31/2014, 10:26 PMI got it at EB Games.  The employees said they found them in the back room and were just trying to get rid of them.

They only had 4 at the store.  I don't know if it was there store only or if it was a chain wide thing.
That is the type of thing you buy 4 of when you find it!  :)

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/31/2014, 10:31 PM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 07/31/2014, 10:26 PMI got it at EB Games.  The employees said they found them in the back room and were just trying to get rid of them.

I'm not the reseller/flipper type.  I only buy what I need and leave the rest. 

I collect for my personal enjoyment not as an investment or as a part time job.

Besides each minute spent trying to flip is one less minute obeying ;)

Opethian

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 07/31/2014, 11:32 PM

+1
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 07/31/2014, 11:32 PMI'm not the reseller/flipper type.  I only buy what I need and leave the rest. 

I think I'm in love.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 08/01/2014, 09:35 AM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 07/31/2014, 11:32 PMI'm not the reseller/flipper type.  I only buy what I need and leave the rest. 

I think I'm in love.
Husy

MrFlutterPie

This is why I like it here.

This is one of the last bastion of the internet where we still really care about playing the games instead of VGAing them and masturbating to them every night.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 08/01/2014, 02:00 PMand masturbating to them every night.
Wait... we're not supposed to do this?  I better tell Nully.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 08/01/2014, 02:11 PM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 08/01/2014, 02:00 PMand masturbating to them every night.
Wait... we're not supposed to do this?  I better tell Nully.
Now he tells me   and I had my gimp suit all oiled up with corn starch for a night of love making to my VGA Nulltard graded goodness

LostFlunky

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 07/30/2014, 04:02 PMSome purchase build ups from the past few weeks.  First is the new glass for my pinball machine.  This time with a photo! :) Next is a new LED display for my pinball machine.  The original one from '87 had outgased.  Next is Mysterious Song, not sure if I ever posted about receiving my copy.  :-k Next is a PCE SS3.0 card from toktogul.  Wicked!

IMG
Is that F14 Tomcat?

esteban

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 08/01/2014, 02:24 PM
Quote from: FiftyQuid on 07/30/2014, 04:02 PMSome purchase build ups from the past few weeks.  First is the new glass for my pinball machine.  This time with a photo! :) Next is a new LED display for my pinball machine.  The original one from '87 had outgased.  Next is Mysterious Song, not sure if I ever posted about receiving my copy.  :-k Next is a PCE SS3.0 card from toktogul.  Wicked!

IMG
Is that F14 Tomcat?
That's actually the "Hellomoto" pinball game from Motorola.

Somebody else here knows what I'm talking about.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Is it weird that I play my games and masturbate to 'em, sometimes simultaneously?

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 08/01/2014, 03:06 PMIs it weird that I play my games and masturbate to 'em, sometimes simultaneously?
completely normal

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 08/01/2014, 03:06 PMIs it weird that I play my games and masturbate to 'em, sometimes simultaneously?
Only if you play Neo Geo ....

and even then only if you go the AES route ...

and even then it is only you.....

with me behind the bushes looking through your window ........

:dance: :twisted:

BigusSchmuck

Molesting your electronics isn't a recommended practice unless you are in for a shocking experience of course..

bob

what clash meant to say was..."you buy two and raffle one like galam would have done"

TheClash603

Quote from: galam on 08/01/2014, 06:30 PM

what clash meant to say was..."you buy two and raffle one like galam would have done"
I have bought some well-priced items like spare Vectrex and Laseractive stuff and sold to forum friends for my cost.  "Flipping" doesn't always need to mean at a higher price.

To me I don't see the appeal of so many people in buying an item for say $10, that they can sell for $25 on ebay.  I see games all the time locally for sale with that kind of market value discount, but if you were to take the selling fees, time taken to sell, cost/time of shipping, I have no clue why anyone even goes through the hassle of flipping like this.

If I do buy these duplicates it is for friends/family.  Or, more often than not, I leave the game in the pile and think to myself, "this will make someone happy later when they find it."

VenomMacbeth

Just nabbed a copy of Contra Force at the thrift store for $2.10! :D
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 08/02/2014, 02:59 PMJust nabbed a copy of Contra Force at the thrift store for $2.10! :D
That.  Is.  Amazing!

P.s. I hate you now

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 08/02/2014, 02:59 PMJust nabbed a copy of Contra Force at the thrift store for $2.10! :D
Nice but post a pic!

VenomMacbeth

I will once I get to a PC...can't figure out how to do it from my phone. x_x
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Nando

No wonder you like the graphic novels and RPGs.

xcrement5x

I just scored some Sega goodies off Craigslist for a decent price!  I'm always happy to add new stuff to my Genesis collection that isn't utter tosh.

IMG
IMG

In total it is....

Model 1 Genesis (Looks to be a VA7)

Loose Games:
Bass Masters Classic
NFL 95'
NFL 94'
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Lion King
Mortal Kombat II
Golden Axe II
Road Rash II

Boxed/CIB Games:
Joe Montana II Sports Talk Football
Alien 3
Mutant League Football
Outlander
GunStar Heroes (2 cases 1 empty)
Sonic The Hedgehog
Shadow Blasters
The Simpson's Bart vs. The Space Mutants
Super High Impact
Salmon King
LandStalker
Street Fighter II Special Championship Edition
La Russa Baseball 95'
Bass Masters Classic Pro Edition
Spiderman X-men
Last Action Hero
Batman Forever
Greatest Heavy Weights
NHL 94'
NBA JAM Tournament Edition
RISK
Sonic Spinball
Caesars Palace
688 Attack Sub
LHX Attack Chopper
Red Zone

Happy Friday to me!!!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

synbiosfan

In before NecroPhile, niiiiccee :P

ToyMachine78

Picked up these few things. The prince of Persia was sealed, but I took care of that :)
uploadfromtaptalk1407541530791.jpg