The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esadajr

by now there are a number a number of exclusives id like to try, so I just got me one of these. First order of business was adding a 640gb hdd.
Gaming since 1985

EvilEvoIX

I got these guys for $40, good deal?

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

bob

$40 is ok. Mega Man, Metroid, the marios, and Bad n Rad are the most fun out of all of them. The rest are just "padding" to me.

TheClash603

Don't be so quick in dismissing Donkey Kong!

Nando

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Nando on 08/10/2014, 06:12 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/10/2014, 03:59 PMDon't be so quick in dismissing Donkey Kong!
Indeed.
The Mega Man game is far inferior to Donkey Kong.

bob

Quote from: TheClash603 on 08/10/2014, 03:59 PMDon't be so quick in dismissing Donkey Kong!
I didnt even notice DK in there.
Only time i played Mega Man was on the GC GB player. Never played it on the actual unit. Thought it was fun. Not that i have to explain myself to you 'wads.

Mathius

Donkey Kong is #1 in that lineup. If only they'd put out a game like that one nowadays.

MrFlutterPie

/AhMVHJ2.jpg

To go with my re-capped childhood game gear :)

HailingTheThings

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 08/10/2014, 08:17 PM/AhMVHJ2.jpg
To go with my re-capped childhood game gear :)
WOO-DY POP! WOO-DY POP! favorite game gear title, for sure.
IMG

synbiosfan

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 08/10/2014, 08:20 PMWOO-DY POP! WOO-DY POP! favorite game gear title, for sure.
I love that game, very underrated!

@MrFlutterPie that's cool you have your childhood Game Gear and play some Woody Pop!

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: synbiosfan on 08/10/2014, 09:31 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 08/10/2014, 08:20 PMWOO-DY POP! WOO-DY POP! favorite game gear title, for sure.
I love that game, very underrated!

@MrFlutterPie that's cool you have your childhood Game Gear and play some Woody Pop!
Funny story about that Game Gear.  I went to trade it in with my games as teen but the caps had gone on it so the store wouldn't take it.  I still hung onto it for whatever reason.  a few months ago I sent it out to Kieth to be recapped and now my childhood system is working again.

It managed to survive by playing dead until a decade later when it could be revived :)

NecroPhile

Quote from: galam on 08/10/2014, 03:47 PM$40 is ok. Mega Man, Metroid, the marios, and Bad n Rad are the most fun out of all of them. The rest are just "padding" to me.
No love for the toitles or tetris?!?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MrFlutterPie

/gHgqrsP.jpg

Here is my raffle prize  :dance:  As well as a random GBA I got from a thrift store.

Also who the f**K electrocutes the wall of a race??? #-o

YouLost.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/SgBfFCH.jpg

:cry: :lol:

vexcollects

Paid for a collection today. Found a fellow in my city who horded games for about 30 years. I've been slowly helping him sell them off and buying what I want. Finally, I got his SNES collection. Here is a sample of some of the more valuable/interesting/pretty/sexy games. looking forward to playing the ones I have not played...

IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

roflmao

vexcollects

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 08/11/2014, 11:03 PMHoly shit.
Yes. That was what I was saying in my head when he first showed me his collection. It was insane. It still is pretty insane. I've sold about 60% of it so far. Held on to maybe 25% of it. He just reached a point where he didn't care about any of it anymore. I never would have found another person who had what he had in my city, and who didn't care about it. He had more interesting items than any of the game stores in my city.

cobrad12

Nice wild guns. I'm super jealous. I've been looking for that one for awhile now and it seems the price just keeps going up.

jtucci31

I'm very jealous of Chrono Trigger. That's probably one of the only snes games I really want. Nice finds!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: vexcollects on 08/11/2014, 10:58 PMPaid for a collection today. Found a fellow in my city who horded games for about 30 years. I've been slowly helping him sell them off and buying what I want. Finally, I got his SNES collection. Here is a sample of some of the more valuable/interesting/pretty/sexy games. looking forward to playing the ones I have not played...

IMG
I want shadowrun! :-(

Otaking

Quote from: vexcollects on 08/11/2014, 10:58 PMPaid for a collection today. Found a fellow in my city who horded games for about 30 years. I've been slowly helping him sell them off and buying what I want. Finally, I got his SNES collection. Here is a sample of some of the more valuable/interesting/pretty/sexy games. looking forward to playing the ones I have not played...

IMG
Wow! cool score.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

vexcollects

I was mostly excited about R-Type III actually. Love the SHMUPS.

Otaking

Quote from: vexcollects on 08/12/2014, 09:15 AMI was mostly excited about R-Type III actually. Love the SHMUPS.
Yeh it's great, probably my favourite R-Type game.
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: vexcollects on 08/12/2014, 09:15 AMI was mostly excited about R-Type III actually. Love the SHMUPS.
YES!!

R-Type III is far superior to Super R-Type.  It's a fantastic game. 

Sexy lot of CIB's :)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 08/12/2014, 12:12 PM
YES!!

R-Type III is far superior to Super R-Type.  It's a fantastic game. 

Sexy lot of CIB's :)
I have only ever seen R-Type III in the wild once (about two months ago) at a CD Exchange (in my new city that I am moving to!)

It was a lose copy and the label was a little jankey, but I passed.....mostly because they wanted $120 for it ........

vexcollects

I got lucky. All of the games in that pic of mine are in good condition too. All the maps and inserts are included with the RPGs. R-Type III and Lufia are especially nice, near mint condition boxes and carts. Ridiculous.

I kept about 35 other boxed SNES games from the same bundle I bought from the hoarder guy on Sunday (selling the rest of the 60 or so SNES games from the bundle, nothing too spectacular in those), but I only took a picture of these particular ones. There was also FFII, FFIII, Zelda LtP, Super Metroid, Illusion of Gaia (near mint), SOS, Lost Vikings, Wanderers of the Ys III, Zombies Ate My Neighbors (Mint), Cybernator, Tinstar, Actraiser 1 and 2, Utopia, Equinox, Aerobiz Supersonic, The 7th Saga, Brainlord, Mario All Stars, UN Squadron, Prince of Persia 2, Street Racer, and a loose copy of Lufia 2 with maps in the bundle (to name a few). 

munchiaz

vexcollects

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/12/2014, 01:29 PMAxelay is so good
I played it with a buddy on Sunday. He got frustrated pretty fast, but he is my N64 friend. He no play the SHMUPS. I could tell I was going to have a lot of fun with it.

xcrement5x

I just got these in the mail yesterday:

IMG

Worms for the Sega Saturn
AND
Disgaea 4 Vita from NIS America with free Monokuma Squad Sticker

I also got some additional Sega Saturn games I purchased from synbiosfan to help out with my Saturn collection.  He also helped me replace some beat up manuals/inserts I had so I'm a pretty happy camper.  :)
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Otaking

Quote from: vexcollects on 08/12/2014, 01:14 PMThere was also FFII, FFIII, Zelda LtP, Super Metroid, Illusion of Gaia (near mint), SOS, Lost Vikings, Wanderers of the Ys III, Zombies Ate My Neighbors (Mint), Cybernator, Tinstar, Actraiser 1 and 2, Utopia, Equinox, Aerobiz Supersonic, The 7th Saga, Brainlord, Mario All Stars, UN Squadron, Prince of Persia 2, Street Racer, and a loose copy of Lufia 2 with maps in the bundle (to name a few).   
Those games along with the games you showed in the picture is some mega haul, you hit the jackpot.

nectarsis

more gift card goodness   :dance: :dance:

/20140812_143216_zpsffiqirma.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

NecroPhile

I picked up Atlantean at the P.O. this afternoon.  The poor box is squished to hell, but it looks like the goodies made it through okay.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

munchiaz

My recent pick ups. Really enjoying the speakers. Such s huge upgrade from the PVM speaker.  Also picked up some reading material. I originally read up to issue 5 of scott pilgrim, and never finished it. So i've been slowly buying the hard cover color versions to finally finish
IMG

IMG

vexcollects

Got these beauties in the mail today. $3.25 for Bubble Bobble. $44 for Hagane. Not too bad. IMG

xcrement5x

This just came in the mail today!

IMG

SUPRAKILLMINDS! It is a new Genesis homebrew published by fasebonus.  On the back of the package they say that it is a puzzle game that will "make your brains melt like an ice cake in plain summer".  Can't wait to try it out!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

InfraMan

^^^ I've been curious about Suprakillaminds... you'll have to post your opinion after you've played it for a bit!

Well you won't have to, but please do. :wink:

Medic_wheat

Quote from: vexcollects on 08/13/2014, 07:10 PMGot these beauties in the mail today. $3.25 for Bubble Bobble. $44 for Hagane. Not too bad. [img]
Good price on Hagane, I remember awhile back when I bought it along with Demon Crest, Ghouls and Ghost, and Casevania IV and X Kiss for the superfamicom (as a bundle off ebay) I thought $75 was alot. but man if the Famicom and Super Famicom ports to rising prises on US games starting to lose their alure ...

vexcollects

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 08/15/2014, 05:22 PM
Quote from: vexcollects on 08/13/2014, 07:10 PMGot these beauties in the mail today. $3.25 for Bubble Bobble. $44 for Hagane. Not too bad. [img]
Good price on Hagane, I remember awhile back when I bought it along with Demon Crest, Ghouls and Ghost, and Casevania IV and X Kiss for the superfamicom (as a bundle off ebay) I thought $75 was alot. but man if the Famicom and Super Famicom ports to rising prises on US games starting to lose their alure ...
I was watching Hagane for a while on eBay and saw it go for $65CAD to $75CAD all the time. One auction popped up at $44US buy it now and I jumped on it.

ToyMachine78

Gearing up for October gaming and picked up a PS2 Slim(regrettably sold my orig) and got Castlevania Curse of Darkness, Lament of Innocence,         and Castlevania Chronicles.

Also picked up Diablo 3 for the 360.

On a non gaming note... I picked up tickets to see Megadeth an Opeth in December :)

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 08/16/2014, 06:08 PMGearing up for October gaming and picked up a PS2 Slim(regrettably sold my orig) and got Castlevania Curse of Darkness, Lament of Innocence,         and Castlevania Chronicles.

On a non gaming note... I picked up tickets to see Megadeth an Opeth in December :)
Blackwater Park = the best!
IMG

Medic_wheat

/output_zpso89uwaog.jpg

Scored a little at the local flea market. Some guy was liqudating old stock from his dad's sports card shop.

He had other series of the Loonytunes but to me the only good one was the firat done entirely by chuck. Got all three box sets he had for $10 total. Also got that old card for a dollar.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 08/17/2014, 04:18 AM
Quote from: guest on 08/16/2014, 06:08 PMGearing up for October gaming and picked up a PS2 Slim(regrettably sold my orig) and got Castlevania Curse of Darkness, Lament of Innocence,         and Castlevania Chronicles.

Blackwater Park = the best!
Agreed! >:dance:

dingsbums

Stuff of the last 2 months  :) .

Jasons Customs repro panel.

IMG

Two PCB's (Bomb Jack Twin & Fixeight)

IMG

Games

IMG

And finally - after years of searching to find it for a good price   8).
IMG

TR0N

IMG
/SBZ_zps607f06cb.png
The snes reproduction is shubibinman zero a game that only had a japan release,for the satellaview.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Medic_wheat

Quote from: dingsbums on 08/19/2014, 03:08 AMAnd finally - after years of searching to find it for a good price   8).
IMG
Wow CIB. Still must have cost a pretty penny. I have thought of getting this and a few others like summer carnival but the price always scares me off

jeffhlewis

How much for that Gimmick? Spill the beans

PunkCryborg

Is the system card manual custom or did you find an original?

TR0N

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 08/19/2014, 08:11 AM
Quote from: dingsbums on 08/19/2014, 03:08 AMAnd finally - after years of searching to find it for a good price   8).
IMG
Wow CIB. Still must have cost a pretty penny. I have thought of getting this and a few others like summer carnival but the price always scares me off
Price has really sky rocketed for a famicom,mr.gimmick.Ive seen boxed copies go for much as $300.00+ at auction.Last year i just bought a reproduction of (mr.gimmick cib) instead,since the famicom version has become pricey.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

dingsbums

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 08/19/2014, 08:11 AMWow CIB. Still must have cost a pretty penny. I have thought of getting this and a few others like summer carnival but the price always scares me off
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 08/19/2014, 11:01 AMHow much for that Gimmick? Spill the beans
Quote from: TR0N on 08/20/2014, 02:49 AMPrice has really sky rocketed for a famicom,mr.gimmick.Ive seen boxed copies go for much as $300.00+ at auction.Last year i just bought a reproduction of (mr.gimmick cib) instead,since the famicom version has become pricey.
I bought it for 180 Euro (final shipped price) on yahoo which is roughly 240 $ at the moment.
The last (CIB) ones I watched on ebay went for 500 $ - this one for example:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Gimmick-Famicom-NES-JP-GAME-/311022298593?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item486a5fa5e1&nma=true&si=PTEvDR1BrKG0%252Fz5x%252BNxNxJ%252FbY1U%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

And this one is still running nearly 5 days and it's at 300 $ already:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Gimmick-Nintendo-Famicom-NES-Japan-Used-Game-JP-Gimmick-Great-Condition-/201150478061?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ed580b6ed

So I think I did pretty good :).

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 08/19/2014, 11:06 AMIs the system card manual custom or did you find an original?
Before I had the System Card 1.0 and 2.0 - as far as I know these two never had an original boxed release. So I made customs for these two cards. The System Card 2.1 was released in a boxed version - the one on my picture is an original 2.1 box / inlay.