The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VenomMacbeth

Got this thing today.  Not sure what good it is, hopefully it plays Hucards...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411425948.041790.jpg
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

bob

Congrats man!  Hopefully your spirits are raised exponentially.
Does it play netfix?

NecroPhile

Congrats!  Before you know it, you'll be teaching him in the ways of OBEY.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esadajr

Congrats Venom!

IMG

I'm surprised "Eee Tee" hasn't gone up in price.
Gaming since 1985

esteban

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 09/22/2014, 06:46 PMGot this thing today.  Not sure what good it is, hopefully it plays Hucards...
Congrats  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

cr8zykuban0

congrats on your newborn venom!!!

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 09/22/2014, 10:32 PMCongrats, venom!  Did you name him Obey? Obey Macbeth sounds pretty cool. :D
Obeynesia! Works for both a boy or girl! Yeah!
IMG

cjameslv

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 09/22/2014, 06:46 PMGot this thing today.  Not sure what good it is, hopefully it plays Hucards...
Haha, Grats! Please do not attempt to play any Hucards on it, as it will only emit loud audio.

DeshDildo

Congrats man!  I have child number 3 coming any day now.  My wife has been having contractions since Saturday.  Is that your first child?
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Desh on 09/23/2014, 08:57 AMCongrats man!  I have child number 3 coming any day now.  My wife has been having contractions since Saturday.  Is that your first child?
Yup!  First and only. :lol:

@everyone else, thank you for the congrats & well-wishes!
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

DeshDildo

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 09/23/2014, 09:01 AM
Quote from: Desh on 09/23/2014, 08:57 AMCongrats man!  I have child number 3 coming any day now.  My wife has been having contractions since Saturday.  Is that your first child?
Yup!  First and only. :lol:

@everyone else, thank you for the congrats & well-wishes!
Hahaha... be very careful then. We were only going to have 2.  The factory is getting shut down after this one.  You will love it.  Even the deliriousness caused by lack of sleep is totally worth the end result.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

xcrement5x

Congrats on the baby man!  The first 3 months is the worst in terms of sleep deprivation, but it's so great as time goes on.

I swung by my local thrift on Friday since I had a coupon and went to town a bit on the electronics section.

IMG

Duo/Genesis 1 AV cable
N64 Save Card
N64 TiltPAK (Sealed and looks pretty le dumbs)
PS2 Controllers x2
XBOX Controller (Pelican Brand)
Slim PS2 with all hookups (Yay! There is some black sharpie on it though denoting the previous owner)
Electric Carving Knife (for a side project)

These also showed up during the week

IMG

I got a couple SMS games from owly who picked them up locally and then sent them to me.
Captain Silver [SMS]
Slap Shot [SMS]

Plus when my inlaws came to visit they brought a box of stuff my wife and I had left in IL, including my awesome Kamen Rider mask!  I got this at the Japanese festival that was happening last time we were home, but wasn't able to pack it to bring back on the plane.

Finally, some stuff from feebay came in...

IMG

Just a simple batch of Genny games I grabbed off ebay.  Only three of them are new to me, which is kind of sad :(

Marko
Radical Rex
Wheel of Fortune
HardBall III
Sonic 3D Blast
Toy Story
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Arjak

Toy Story was one of my favorite games as a kid, and not just because I loved the movie. It's actually a really decent action-platformer, with some really technically impressive levels (which were taken out of the SNES version, I believe). I'll always have a soft spot for the first-person level where you have to find the squeeze toy aliens in the maze. I thought it was so cool at the time, and now I can also appreciate how impressive it is from a programming standpoint.

Something I ordered that I'm really excited about should be coming today. It's not gaming related, but I'll try to post a picture anyway.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Sparky

I got this in the mail.. 12 volt motors are so tiny :)
IMG

For my daughters pegro dirt bike.. I toasted the motor (( blush))

Nando

They are fairly programmable lol

congrats!

Nando

Quote from: Desh on 09/23/2014, 08:57 AM
Congrats man!  I have child number 3 coming any day now.  My wife has been having contractions since Saturday. 
Congrats to you as well and good luck.

cr8zykuban0

some stuff I got a few days back, legit mvs games but fake labels. some box protectors as well!
IMG

shockboxes for the mvs games came in today!
IMG

jtucci31

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 09/24/2014, 09:52 PMsome stuff I got a few days back...
That 360 game on the left, i almost bought it one day at a local store but i didn't. Can't remember the name but it looked cool. If you haven't already played it, let me know how it is!

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: guest on 09/24/2014, 10:48 PM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 09/24/2014, 09:52 PMsome stuff I got a few days back...
That 360 game on the left, i almost bought it one day at a local store but i didn't. Can't remember the name but it looked cool. If you haven't already played it, let me know how it is!
it looks like a pretty cool bullet hell shooter but the front cover is so misleading lol haven't had a chance to play but will let you know how it is once I do!

HailingTheThings

Akai Katana... kinda like Death Smiles?
IMG

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 09/24/2014, 11:01 PM
yeah pretty similar from what it seems. they're both made by cave so im sure akai katana will be a cool game!

HailingTheThings

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 09/24/2014, 11:10 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 09/24/2014, 11:01 PM
yeah pretty similar from what it seems. they're both made by cave so im sure akai katana will be a cool game!
Cave is pretty wow, yes.
IMG

esadajr

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 09/24/2014, 10:54 PM
it looks like a pretty cool bullet hell shooter but the front cover is so misleading lol haven't had a chance to play but will let you know how it is once I do!
Are those region free? Even with the lists, I'm wary of importing X360 stuff. PS3 on the other hand...
Gaming since 1985

esadajr

and speaking of imports the Fedex guy just brought this yesterday.

WanganMidnight-PS3.jpg

It's not like the best racing game but it is fun, and most of the menus are in english, which is always welcome.
Gaming since 1985

Medic_wheat

/1411651246880_zpstk5lo0oe.jpg

Name that new import smell!!!

While you play that funky music white boy!

NecroPhile

I picked up Hypernova Blast yesterday.  :mrgreen:

xcrement5x

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/25/2014, 09:24 AM/1411651246880_zpstk5lo0oe.jpg

Name that new import smell!!!

While you play that funky music white boy!
How does that work?  It looks like a record but there is no hole in the middle?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

BlueBMW

I think it looks like a 45 and has a big hole in the center.  That graphic must be from the inside of the back of the sleeve.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

esteban

It's a 45 on top of some game we are supposed to guess. It looks modern so I have no idea what game it is. YU GHI GO

Medic_wheat

Quote from: esteban on 09/25/2014, 01:18 PMIt's a 45 on top of some game we are supposed to guess. It looks modern so I have no idea what game it is. YU GHI GO
You figured out my intent.

Wrong game. Blah.

Hint: PS3 tittle

esteban

Oh, it's a tittle. Hmmmmm.....

Medic_wheat

Hint #2:  it's a Capcom game

jordan_hillman

"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

Medic_wheat

Quote from: jordan_hillman on 09/25/2014, 07:03 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/25/2014, 06:23 PMHint #2:  it's a Capcom game
Captain Commando...
No

Hint #3:  it is a spin-off title from a game series started last gen with only three games so far (not including this spin-off game)

NecroPhile

Medic_wheat

ToyMachine78

New stuff... Posted zombies a few days ago....

IMG
IMG

jordan_hillman

Quote from: guest on 09/25/2014, 08:29 PMNew stuff... Posted zombies a few days ago....

IMG
IMG
Blades of Vengeance is a fantastic game. And not enough good can be said about Zombies Ate My Neighbors

ToyMachine78

Quote from: jordan_hillman on 09/25/2014, 08:51 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/25/2014, 08:29 PMNew stuff... Posted zombies a few days ago....

Blades of Vengeance is a fantastic game. And not enough good can be said about Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Yes, I've really enjoyed Blades during the time I've spent with it.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: jordan_hillman on 09/25/2014, 08:51 PMAnd not enough good can be said about Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Only one bad thing: better on the SNES.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 09/25/2014, 09:46 PM
Quote from: jordan_hillman on 09/25/2014, 08:51 PMAnd not enough good can be said about Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Meh... I find the differences marginal.

jordan_hillman

Quote from: guest on 09/25/2014, 09:05 PMYes, I've really enjoyed Blades during the time I've spent with it.
My old next-door neighbor used to have it, and we would play that bastard all damn day.

I'm thinking I will definitely pick that game up soon to rehash some old childhood memories.

Quote from: guest on 09/25/2014, 09:53 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/25/2014, 09:46 PM
Meh... I find the differences marginal.
I agree. Differences are pretty small compared to some other Genesis/SNES ports.

I'm looking at you Wrestlemania the Arcade Game!

Mishran

Quote from: jordan_hillman on 09/25/2014, 08:51 PMI agree. Differences are pretty small compared to some other Genesis/SNES ports.

32X version of Wrestlemania is king.

jordan_hillman

Quote from: Mishran on 09/26/2014, 03:55 AM
Quote from: jordan_hillman on 09/25/2014, 08:51 PMI agree. Differences are pretty small compared to some other Genesis/SNES ports.

32X version of Wrestlemania is king.
Haven't played it, but damn does it look good (which seems to be a rarity for the 32X, but I'll also admit that I've played very few games for it).

The PS1 port is also really solid, except for the odd lack of music during gameplay.

bob

I wish they made a proper port of the original WWF Superstars. I used to spend tons of quarters on that one.

DeshDildo

IMG
IMG
Oooo Shadowrun.  I just got that recently as well but haven't had a chance to check it out yet.  I've heard it's good.

ToyMachine78

I haven't played it yet either, but can't wait to

jordan_hillman

Quote from: galam on 09/26/2014, 05:00 PMI wish they made a proper port of the original WWF Superstars. I used to spend tons of quarters on that one.
No proper ports of WWF Superstars, X-Men: The Arcade Game (until recently), or the Simpson's Arcade (once again, until recently) were crimes against humanity back in the 1990s

cr8zykuban0

new pickups came in today! A nice pc engine boxed with everdrive, panic bomberman, and came with duo-r&duo-rx controllers. Plus a cheap mvs lot, not the best looking but with new labels and a clean up, they'll be good to go!

DuoR+Games.jpg

jtucci31

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 09/26/2014, 11:41 PMnew pickups came in today! A nice pc engine boxed with everdrive, panic bomberman, and came with duo-r&duo-rx controllers. Plus a cheap mvs lot, not the best looking but with new labels and a clean up, they'll be good to go!
That's a nice looking Duo R. Same with the box too. I'm jealous of the RX pad. Nice stuffs!