The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: guest on 09/27/2014, 12:43 AM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 09/26/2014, 11:41 PMnew pickups came in today! A nice pc engine boxed with everdrive, panic bomberman, and came with duo-r&duo-rx controllers. Plus a cheap mvs lot, not the best looking but with new labels and a clean up, they'll be good to go!
That's a nice looking Duo R. Same with the box too. I'm jealous of the RX pad. Nice stuffs!
thanks jtucci. really happy I was able to get one boxed and not yellowed the fuck out lol was really surprised it came with the rx pad, its not bad at all, I really like it. thanks!

cjameslv

Found this virgin today and she wanted it bad..so i took her home:

/3160o6f.jpg

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: cjameslv on 09/27/2014, 02:25 PMFound this virgin today and she wanted it bad..so i took her home:
/3160o6f.jpg
nice find man! I saw one at a local game store in my area but didnt have the cash for it at the time. really need one of em cuz thesecords be too short!!

Mathius

^^I imported mine from Sweden about 4 years ago for around $20 I think. That baby got opened immediately. I kept the packaging.

cjameslv

Quote from: Mathius on 09/27/2014, 06:19 PM^^I imported mine from Sweden about 4 years ago for around $20 I think. That baby got opened immediately. I kept the packaging.
Ya picked this up for $25. I will be opening it unless i come across a used one soon lol

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: cjameslv on 09/27/2014, 06:23 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 09/27/2014, 06:19 PM^^I imported mine from Sweden about 4 years ago for around $20 I think. That baby got opened immediately. I kept the packaging.
Ya picked this up for $25. I will be opening it unless i come across a used one soon lol
I see you're a vegas local like myself. did you pick that up at wiiplaygames by chance???

Joe Redifer

Too bad if you wanna use that with a TurboTap you need 5 extensions instead of just 1 extension behind the TurboTap. They did NOT think that shit through.

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: guest on 09/27/2014, 10:53 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/27/2014, 10:47 PMToo bad if you wanna use that with a TurboTap you need 5 extensions instead of just 1 extension behind the TurboTap. They did NOT think that shit through.
sell 1 extension vs 5 extensions.... PROFIT!
yep, gotta make that money some how!

cjameslv

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 09/27/2014, 08:12 PMI see you're a vegas local like myself. did you pick that up at wiiplaygames by chance???
Yep that's the spot.

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: cjameslv on 09/28/2014, 01:07 PM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 09/27/2014, 08:12 PMI see you're a vegas local like myself. did you pick that up at wiiplaygames by chance???
Yep that's the spot.
cool, a good store forsure. they definitely have the most turbo stuff out of all the vegas stores

cr8zykuban0

some more mvs games and 3rd party pc engine/turbo duo controller extension cords!

IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 10/01/2014, 11:02 PMsome more mvs games and 3rd party pc engine/turbo duo controller extension cords!

IMG
Stop it stop please stop....you are making me want to buy more neo geo games.   Snif snif. 

Are you happy.  You made me buy Metal Slug 4. 

Now my metal slug mvs library looks even more incomplete.

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/01/2014, 11:29 PM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 10/01/2014, 11:02 PMsome more mvs games and 3rd party pc engine/turbo duo controller extension cords!

IMG
Stop it stop please stop....you are making me want to buy more neo geo games.   Snif snif. 

Are you happy.  You made me buy Metal Slug 4. 

Now my metal slug mvs library looks even more incomplete.
oh sorrryyyyyyyy but I can never pass up a good deal on mvs games!

damn, I still need metal slug 3, 4 and 5 :(

half way there  recently completed the samurai shodown saga on mvs. really want to complete the kof, fatal fury, super sidekicks, world heroes and art of fighting sagas or maybe go for every mvs game except quiz and mahjong games

Opethian

Sengoku 2 and Viewpoint on NGCD
IMG

DeshDildo

IMG

Finally!  It's just a loose cart but I've wanted this one for awhile.  I used to rent it a bunch when I was a kid.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

Medic_wheat

I got a speeding ticket. 

Hello $208 doller ticket!

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/02/2014, 10:27 PMI got a speeding ticket. 

Hello $208 doller ticket!
ugh, that sucks to do. I still have a ticket to pay off too!! no bueno~

ToyMachine78

Got this in from CrackTiger  today... Hells yeah! Even has an AES manual :)

IMG
IMG

cjameslv

Found these gems today.

/21o37rr.jpg

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 10/02/2014, 10:40 PMGot this in from CrackTiger  today... Hells yeah! Even has an AES manual :)
Damn you were able to find that pretty fast. Never thought those WTB threads actually worked.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 10/02/2014, 11:02 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/02/2014, 10:40 PMGot this in from CrackTiger  today... Hells yeah! Even has an AES manual :)
Damn you were able to find that pretty fast. Never thought those WTB threads actually worked.
Bought it within 30mins of posting thread lol. WTB works; it just depends on what you are looking for. I've obtained several games from WTB. especially from Galam +1 :)

cr8zykuban0

nice! really need to make a wtb for a neo geo cab, I know it's a big request but hopefully someone locally will have one for sale! congrats on the magician lord mvs!

TheNeck

i got this in the mail yesterday, got a great deal on it, and it is in great shape.

IMG

Digi.k

just grabbed Forza horizon 2 today.  Amazing racing game!

Medic_wheat

/20141003_130038_zps4noskxin.jpg
/20141003_130137_zpsohxxznyx.jpg
/20141003_130142_zpsn21n0cwy.jpg

Already have the game loos but happened on a complete copy for less then $30 so I jumped on it. 

Smell that?  Fresh from Japan baby....

Was surprised that this came with a mini cd.  I mean I knew it had it when I bought it but was unaware this came with it prior. Got something new to rip on my mp3 player.

bartre

no purchase, but i just moved my blast up a flight of stairs on my own, so i get to post this here:

/20141003_231026_zpsqazclhgp.jpg

xcrement5x

Damn that looks nice, double candy!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

cr8zykuban0

a mint final fight guy, double candy cabs and a nice turbo express? some awesome scoops fellas!!

dingsbums

Finally some vinyl again  :) :

IMG

The 7" is Great Revivers - The Return of Green Snake / Spy Potion

jordan_hillman

Quote from: dingsbums on 10/04/2014, 04:43 AMFinally some vinyl again  :) :

IMG

Nice King Tuff!! I saw them live about 2 years ago, and they killed it!
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

HailingTheThings

Quote from: jordan_hillman on 10/04/2014, 05:36 PMNice King Tuff!! I saw them live about 2 years ago, and they killed it!
I remember watching this, them guys is silly.
IMG

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: dingsbums on 10/04/2014, 04:43 AMFinally some vinyl again  :) :

IMG

Ohh KORN, great album.  Amazing music on that one.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

EvilEvoIX

I got me a lot of stuff this weekend.  All very cheap mostly $1 a game.  I'm happy.

IMG
IMG

Mr. T.J. Approves although he would rather eat worms than watch them on TV.

IMG

This level in particular looks bad.  Could have been so much better.

IMG
IMG

What I find, the worse the game the better the condition going forward for collectors 

EWJ 2  Fun game but the SNES dithers a lot and it is very noticable.  IDK why this is the case with so many colors to choose from and over 200 on screen there shouldn't be a dithered anything.  The game is good but not as good as the Original.  Only pick this up on the cheap like I did.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 10/05/2014, 07:40 PMI got me a lot of stuff this weekend.  All very cheap mostly $1 a game.
A Koopa is in your game room. Better call mario

cr8zykuban0

some stuff I got this week!
more n64 import goodness!
IMG
also some fami mini and neo stuff!
IMG

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/06/2014, 01:22 AMHeck yeah 1080 snowboarding!
such an awesome snowboarding game!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 10/06/2014, 02:26 AM
What is that middel N64 game?

cr8zykuban0

jordan_hillman

Holy hell did I play 1080 a lot growing up! I miss the old arcade style of snowboarding, skateboarding, and rollerblading games from the late 90s and early 2000s.

Hell, you can throw in the arcade style of sports games too from that era too. Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey, FTW!!!
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

Medic_wheat

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 10/06/2014, 12:53 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/06/2014, 08:50 AM
What is that middel N64 game?
im pretty sure its turok 2
Once again japan gets the better box art

I'd say 90% of the time ib preffer the japan box art to games. Its either better sexyer or just plain nudity. Lol

BlueBMW

1080 on N64 and Cool Boarders 2 on Playstation were my go to for snowboarding games...  So much fun though tricks were always a challenge to get good at.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

xcrement5x

Yeah, I love the JP box art for so many games compared to their domestic (US) releases.  El Viento and Alisia Dragoon stick out as examples that just look awesome.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

ToyMachine78

Found me a 27" JVC L'Art TV with Composite/Component/S-Video for $10 ;D

IMG

Medic_wheat

Nice. Is that anboot copy or lwgit copy of SSV special?

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/07/2014, 08:56 PMNice. Is that anboot copy or lwgit copy of SSV special?
Its on the 161 cart

cr8zykuban0

this just in! Jackie chan action kung fu

IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 10/07/2014, 08:46 PMFound me a 27" JVC L'Art TV with Composite/Component/S-Video for $10 ;D

IMG
Dude, f'yeah! I had a smaller one of those for a long time before it died and had to start rockin' the Panasonic Tau.
IMG

cr8zykuban0

hell yeah ssvs is an awesome game! such a shame that it's so god awfully expensive

xcrement5x

I swung by the thrift last night and came across a ton of domestic releases of manga in comic form.  I am a sucker for all things anime and I saw some Satoshi Urushihara art peeking out so I had to bite.  It was a lot more than I normally spend at the thrift, about $50 for everything. 

I may have overpaid but everything looks like it is in fantastic shape and all the comics are already bagged and boarded so whoever had these before took care of them.  I'm missing a couple issues, but looking online I can probably get the missing ones for about $1 or so each.  Also, I'm thinking the previous owner might have been a bit of a perv because there are several "mature" series in here.

IMG
Hurricane Girls (1-7)
Patlabor Part 1 (1-6)
Patlabor Part 2 (1-6)

IMG
Stainless Steel Armadillo (1-4)
Vampire Miyu (1-4, 6)
Dodekain (1-6)

IMG
Legend of Lemnear (1-18)

IMG
Chirality (1-2,4-18)

IMG
Silbuster(1-17, 19)

IMGThrift Manga Comics - Misc by xcrement5x, on Flickr
Ranma 1/2 Full Color (1 & 2)
Lum Vol 1
Burn Up 1