10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlnonymous

I had some good pickups this weekend. A friend contacted me about a yard sale with a few consoles. I took the lot for $50

/wi1ufp.jpg

I also found some other games and some obey at the flea market.

/zvzy1t.jpg

Then I traded a few things in to the local game store for these.

/117wc9i.jpg

esadajr

I like Soul Caliber. That one is of another caliber.
Gaming since 1985

Medic_wheat

Quote from: owlnonymous on 10/27/2014, 11:48 AMI had some good pickups this weekend. A friend contacted me about a yard sale with a few consoles. I took the lot for $50

/wi1ufp.jpg

I also found some other games and some obey at the flea market.

/zvzy1t.jpg

Then I traded a few things in to the local game store for these.

/117wc9i.jpg
That yard sale find for $50 was great!  Too bad the DC games are all burnt copies but it is still a good chunk of games to play before you buy if nothing else.

I see all great games staked up here. A lot of uncharted goodness. Some Sega fun and you cant go wrong with Mistif Makers for the N64

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

Nice pickups owly!

And cool to see another person with Nightmare Busters. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

paybacks3

Just got this in the mail. Pretty good handheld. Thumb stick is sick. Wish more retro handhelds came out with it . Next thing on the list is to get it frontlit that's the only downfall. A few more games on their way and I'm all set. Not going to go crazy picking up games for it unless there is a really must have for it .

IMG
IMG

bob

I found some snes carts at the bottom of a box in a used book store today.

esteban

Quote from: galam on 10/27/2014, 10:11 PMI found some snes carts at the bottom of a box in a used book store today.
Jeopardy? Who cares.

Wild Arms? I'll take it.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mishran

No pic, but just added 3DS Smash Bros to my recent gets. Anyone who has it interested in some battles when I get up and started on it?

bob

Quote from: esteban on 10/27/2014, 10:15 PM
Quote from: galam on 10/27/2014, 10:11 PMI found some snes carts at the bottom of a box in a used book store today.
Jeopardy? Who cares.

Wild Arms? I'll take it.
Chrono, zelda, super metroid, starfox

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: paybacks3 on 10/27/2014, 07:54 PMJust got this in the mail. Pretty good handheld. Thumb stick is sick. Wish more retro handhelds came out with it . Next thing on the list is to get it frontlit that's the only downfall. A few more games on their way and I'm all set. Not going to go crazy picking up games for it unless there is a really must have for it .

IMG
Let me know what you do for the light, and check out our discussion on it here: https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=17515.0

esteban

Quote from: galam on 10/27/2014, 10:18 PM
Jeopardy? Who cares.

Wild Arms? I'll take it.
GOLD.

bob

There were about 25 games for $7.50 each, but most were common (PGA Tour) and the others were in horrible condition. (Contact corrosion, torn labels, Nulltard piss, etc.)
Too bad superbomberman, megaman x, mario all stars needed a haz mat suit just to touch them.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: galam on 10/27/2014, 10:18 PM
Jeopardy? Who cares.

Wild Arms? I'll take it.
Are they still there?  Might be worth the gamvle to clean up to test out the games. 

I know I am still looking for a chrono snes

bob

NecroPhile

Nice, galam.  Not a bad deal on dat chan.

sosoyo180

Got me a very noice copy of Ys III for $50! Definitely my best find in a while.
12 hard black inches of pure fun, the TurboGrafx 16.

Medic_wheat

IMG

Spludge! 

Can't wait for this to come in the mail

Digi.k

Grabbed these today,  Sunset overdrive is like jet grind radio/jet set radio all over again but with steriods.  The mario CD I decided to use up my nintendo points and the AKANE  journey cd is for fans who enjoy the music from the panzer dragoon composer,

/P1020380.jpg

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Digi.k on 10/31/2014, 09:03 AMGrabbed these today,  Sunset overdrive is like jet grind radio/jet set radio all over again but with steriods.  The mario CD I decided to use up my nintendo points and the AKANE  journey cd is for fans who enjoy the music from the panzer dragoon composer,
/P1020380.jpg
I agree. I kept hearing revewers compair it to tonky hawk but when I saw the game play and it was this skaing like grinding flow I thought Nooooo that's jet grind radio to me. Even more so with the vibrant colors

munchiaz

Sunset looks  a lot like infamous on the ps3 which makes sense because its made by the same team

Digi.k

Quote from: munchiaz on 10/31/2014, 12:53 PMSunset looks  a lot like infamous on the ps3 which makes sense because its made by the same team
I am still only in the game a few hours and there is still a lot of game system to unlock. Me playing in the vid below (these current gen systems allow you to record a limited clip and upload your gameplay to sites like youtube etc) :
I've never played an insomniac game but I hope they get to to do more IPs like this.

the multiplayer is insane tho.

SuperGrafx

Seems like a cross between Lost Planet and Jet Grind Radio

Joe Redifer

Is there an option to shut your character's mouth? Maybe that will be paid DLC. EVERYONE would gladly pay for that option.

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/01/2014, 02:23 AMIs there an option to shut your character's mouth? Maybe that will be paid DLC. EVERYONE would gladly pay for that option.
108% agreement.

DragonmasterDan

I bought a PVM-3230 I've included a video of it in action.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 11/01/2014, 09:39 PMI bought a PVM-3230 I've included a video of it in action.
I am jealous.

Medic_wheat

That is freaking big. What did it set you back?

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/01/2014, 11:06 PMThat is freaking big. What did it set you back?
$1.99 at a Goodwill
--DragonmasterDan

xcrement5x

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 11/01/2014, 11:09 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/01/2014, 11:06 PMThat is freaking big. What did it set you back?
$1.99 at a Goodwill
So friggin' awesome man.  That's like the pickup of the year. 

Did you get a weight estimate on it?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 11/02/2014, 12:37 AM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 11/01/2014, 11:09 PM
$1.99 at a Goodwill
So friggin' awesome man.  That's like the pickup of the year. 

Did you get a weight estimate on it?
In doing some research it appears to weight around 80 KG which google tells me is about 175 lbs.
--DragonmasterDan

BlueBMW

Considering it dwarfs the 2030 which weighs in pretty close to 100 lbs, its no surprise that it's that heavy.  Awesome pickup for sure!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

thesteve

80Kg thats what my plasmasync weighs

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/02/2014, 01:37 AMConsidering it dwarfs the 2030 which weighs in pretty close to 100 lbs, its no surprise that it's that heavy.  Awesome pickup for sure!
I was quite pleased, I'd say it borders on being too big. The scanlines are huge, the pixels are huge, it's difficult to move and was quite a challenge to get into my basement.
--DragonmasterDan

Medic_wheat

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 11/02/2014, 07:25 AM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/02/2014, 01:37 AMConsidering it dwarfs the 2030 which weighs in pretty close to 100 lbs, its no surprise that it's that heavy.  Awesome pickup for sure!
I was quite pleased, I'd say it borders on being too big. The scanlines are huge, the pixels are huge, it's difficult to move and was quite a challenge to get into my basement.
And now it shall never leave .........

Awsome find..lay better then my Panzer Saga....only because we know I didn't get it for no $1 and it was off eBay not something cool you stumble across in the wild....

Going to shower and change then hit up the flea market and maybe a goodwill or two with a bud

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/02/2014, 10:15 AM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 11/02/2014, 07:25 AM
And now it shall never leave .........

Awsome find..lay better then my Panzer Saga....only because we know I didn't get it for no $1 and it was off eBay not something cool you stumble across in the wild....

Going to shower and change then hit up the flea market and maybe a goodwill or two with a bud
I picked up two magnavox brand speakers for the PVM-3230 so I am now using the internal amp for it.
--DragonmasterDan

esadajr

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 11/01/2014, 09:39 PMI bought a PVM-3230 I've included a video of it in action.
That's what I call a basement
Gaming since 1985

nectarsis

/20141103_134424_zpsmiobnljl.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

NecroPhile

Legend of Heroes bluray?  Is that anime based on TitS?

nectarsis

It  starts with the cliff hanger from the first game.....PARTS of 2 (with ots of liberties).  Solid fun, but flawed.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Flare65

Pulled the trigger on this.  I already own originals of Sylphia and Fausette.

IMG

xcrement5x

I just got this awesome piece of the 90s in:

A Sega IR 7000 Communicator in Box
IMG

It's basically a rebadged Casio Personal Assistant with Sega branding, geared toward the "rad" teens of the days. This was around the time Sega was trying to branch out more into kids toys instead of just video games.  This will go nicely with my set of PODS and the Pico.  It's funny that the Pico really was a bit ahead of itself as the Leapster and such type units have been very successful now. 

cjameslv

Damn that 32 is massive!

paybacks3

Just picked up this little guy off Clist for $40 Kickstarter Edition . Figured i could put away the old xbox for a little bit to save some space .  Thing is mint . still has all the plastic on it . Anything anyone recommends ?

IMG
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: paybacks3 on 11/05/2014, 07:00 PMJust picked up this little guy off Clist for $40 Kickstarter Edition . Figured i could put away the old xbox for a little bit to save some space .  Thing is mint . still has all the plastic on it . Anything anyone recommends ?

IMG
Just get a flash drive with it and have fun. It's a great media player/emulation machine.
--DragonmasterDan

Medic_wheat

IMG

I am so happy to have this game in my Saturn library.  Possibly the most expensive one I plan on getting.  Whew.

$320 free shipping. Expensive

IMG

Got it for $1. Wasn't expecting the box. I have the game and the box CE (new unopened) 

Want to try and get some of the xbox face plates from some of the games and more limited release ones. I thibk they might look cool put in a shadow box of some sort and displayed on a wall.

cjameslv

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/05/2014, 08:06 PMIMG

I am so happy to have this game in my Saturn library.  Possibly the most expensive one I plan on getting.  Whew.

$320 free shipping. Expensive

IMG

Got it for $1. Wasn't expecting the box. I have the game and the box CE (new unopened) 

Want to try and get some of the xbox face plates from some of the games and more limited release ones. I thibk they might look cool put in a shadow box of some sort and displayed on a wall.
Very nice! Saga is the only one i'm missing in the series. I'll just wait until i find a smokin deal...someday lol

Medic_wheat

What would be a smoking deal?  $180?  Or pick up a loose set?

munchiaz

Finally came in the mail today. I pre ordered this guy like 6 months ago.

IMG

I plan to create a instagram account just for pictures of this lil cutie going on adventures

IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 11/06/2014, 12:14 AMI will trade you my soul for that bearclaw.
You already sold it for those devilish good looks