@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reson8er

QuoteFramemeister

Man dont those things go for $300 and import from Japan only?
About that yea, but in my honest opinion its worth each and every cent. The picture you can get on a modern TV is stunning I honestly love the thing. Obviously if you have the room a nice CRT or Monitor is probably the best way to go, but adding another screen for me is not an option.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: reson8er on 11/13/2014, 12:37 PM
QuoteFramemeister

About that yea, but in my honest opinion its worth each and every cent. The picture you can get on a modern TV is stunning I honestly love the thing. Obviously if you have the room a nice CRT or Monitor is probably the best way to go, but adding another screen for me is not an option.
Yeshhhh. Look on ebay its closer to $450-500.

reson8er

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/13/2014, 01:08 PM
Quote from: reson8er on 11/13/2014, 12:37 PM
QuoteFramemeister

Yeshhhh. Look on ebay its closer to $450-500.
!! Man prices are freaking absurd now, but many of those are of the BIN > Price it high because we can variety.  Several of the last sold were around $350 though and a used "Mint" condition one sold for $200. If you're in the market for one, don't pay more than $350 and can probably do a little less if you wait for used one to go up.

Edit: Interesting. If you look as some of the higher priced "last sold" models the price listed is NOT the price it sold for. What happened was several units were sold, and since then the seller has increased the price and that increased price is what's showing up as the sold price, when in actuality the real sold prices were much lower.

For example, the seller who shows the last sold for 680, but when you check the buyer history the only 4 sold were all between $360 and $372. Dunno if this is an error on ebays part or not, but I guess the moral of the story is to do a bit of checking before you buy/bid :)

munchiaz

^ i saw one of these in action recently and they are pretty amazing. The amount of options they have is crazy. They are pricey though, and i have a PVM so i don't really need one. but if i had to just stick with a HD i would have to get one of these

xcrement5x

IMG

Tales of Hearts R [VITA] (GameStop Exclusive)
Victorious Boxers Revolution [Wii]
White Knight Chronicles II [PS3]

So I went to pick up my preorder of the new Tales game, just to discover that GameStop had gutted the last copy (mine) and had it on display.  They could give me no good reason for this, since they obviously didn't have any other copies to sell there should have been no reason to open the one I'd already reserved.  Sigh...

I got them to transfer my reserve to another store that hadn't gutted their copies and picked it up there instead.  While the transfer was going on I looked around the other store and found the Hajime no Ippo Wii game for a couple bucks, plus used a $10 coupon I'd gotten to buy White Knight Chronicles II for about $5.  It could have turned out worse I guess, but at least I have my game now!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

cjameslv

Found a great game today, poor Hudson didn't get any love on the label though only on the start screen.  :cry:
/mjs9ac.jpg

Medic_wheat

Quote from: cjameslv on 11/14/2014, 12:30 AMFound a great game today, poor Hudson didn't get any love on the label though only on the start screen.  :cry:
/mjs9ac.jpg
Try the Star soilder series on the turbo grafix 16. They are even better the the nes verson also from Hudson

esadajr

I ordered a KSM440AEM lens for my PSX.

A couple weeks ago I got a SCPH-75001 PSX from an old friend. We were talking about games and I told him I've been sort of collecting systems since around 08. He asked me if I had the PSX and I said "well no, I use the PS2 to play the PS1 games". He pulled the box and said "well, you can have this Playstation if you want it" I said "sure, thanks buddy". As it is right now, I have to put it on the side (turning it upside down doesn't work), so it reads backups, it still struggles reading originals.
Gaming since 1985

Medic_wheat

My winnings from the nickalodian tmnt fan club. Sweet

IMG
IMG
IMG

MrFlutterPie

^Love the Turtle figures!  How did you win?

Did a bit of shopping today.

First a little Sega love

/PwLIXoR.jpg

Then on to SNES racer heaven lol

/eeAEDk8.jpg

Finally the big girl herself:

IMG

Medic_wheat

I joined the tmnt nick fan club that came out with the new show about two years ago. If you retweet stuff you get points that puts you in a drawing for free toys comics and sometimes art from the tmnt god himself.

Would love some tmnt art but free figs is great

TR0N

Vay was last month,but it was the last game i needed that was publish by WD. As for the PS4 it's a late birthday gift i wanted one now,since bloodborne is due by next year.
IMG
/PS4BD_zps009e816c.png
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Medic_wheat

Nice you will enjoy Gay...

I am nearly done with my WD games.....well I mean to say in picking them up...

Missing two for the TG-16, two more for the Saturn, two for the PS2.  Well and the PSone I only have one .......

Hmmmm. Maybe I am not as close as I think...lol

cjameslv

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/15/2014, 01:15 AMNice you will enjoy Gay...

Missing two for the TG-16, two more for the Saturn, two for the PS2.  Well and the PSone I only have one .......

Which 2 you need for saturn?

Medic_wheat

Quote from: cjameslv on 11/15/2014, 10:38 AM

Which 2 you need for saturn?
Albert odesy and sega ages

jeffhlewis

Vay is moderately ok - my least favorite part about it is that apparently when WD was screwing around with increasing the difficulty of the game prior to US release, they inadvertently made the second boss' hit point count insanely high.

You basically just repeat the attack-attack-heal/item loop for like a full hour before you kill him. Major test of patience. After that the rest of the game is easy as shit.

xcrement5x

Lol, yeah you have a bit more to go.  I don't envy anyone trying to collect the WD stuff now because prices for complete items have just skyrocketed from what I've seen.  I'm done with my set thankfully, I just try and grab promo items whenever I find them cheap. 

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 11/15/2014, 11:39 AMVay is moderately ok - my least favorite part about it is that apparently when WD was screwing around with increasing the difficulty of the game prior to US release, they inadvertently made the second boss' hit point count insanely high.

You basically just repeat the attack-attack-heal/item loop for like a full hour before you kill him. Major test of patience. After that the rest of the game is easy as shit.
Vay is by far my least favorite Sega CD game from WD.  I don't know if I can pin down exactly what it is, but their other SegaCD games outshine it easily.  Still, having 3/4 of the games you released on a platform being awesome is a good track record.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Medic_wheat

Lol, yeah you have a bit more to go.  I don't envy anyone trying to collect the WD stuff now because prices for complete items have just skyrocketed from what I've seen.  I'm done with my set thankfully, I just try and grab promo items

Yeah.  I am glad that the ps2 wd games are still cheap and most of the ps1 games are also cheap.....

Which is why those have been on the back burner until I finish the saturn and tg-16 stuff. Then I'll jump on the ps 1&2 stuff.

With my luck by the time I get to the ps 1&2 stuff prices will have jumped ...

xcrement5x

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/15/2014, 02:01 PMLol, yeah you have a bit more to go.  I don't envy anyone trying to collect the WD stuff now because prices for complete items have just skyrocketed from what I've seen.  I'm done with my set thankfully, I just try and grab promo items

Yeah.  I am glad that the ps2 wd games are still cheap and most of the ps1 games are also cheap.....

Which is why those have been on the back burner until I finish the saturn and tg-16 stuff. Then I'll jump on the ps 1&2 stuff.

Most of the PS1 games aren't too badly priced, it only gets nuts when you start trying to go for variants and you wind up paying the "resonable" price multiple times over.  That and waiting for the specific variant you need to show up at auction or a reasonable price.  It look me a loooong time to find them all.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 11/15/2014, 08:58 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/15/2014, 02:01 PMLol, yeah you have a bit more to go.  I don't envy anyone trying to collect the WD stuff now because prices for complete items have just skyrocketed from what I've seen.  I'm done with my set thankfully, I just try and grab promo items

Most of the PS1 games aren't too badly priced, it only gets nuts when you start trying to go for variants and you wind up paying the "resonable" price multiple times over.  That and waiting for the specific variant you need to show up at auction or a reasonable price.  It look me a loooong time to find them all.
I tho ight about chasing variants at one point. But for now will be happy with a complete set for each system. Maybe later later try for variants. Maybe

TR0N

Most prices that ive seen spiked for any wd publish are the following.

Sega Saturn
Sega-cd
TG16-Only for some games such as exile wp and vasteel

Yeah vay is an ok rpg and not the best but i wanted it any ways.
IMG

BlueBMW

Congrats on the PS4 too.  I think it will end up being the best of this last generation here in a few years.  Right now I feel like the Wii U holds that spot but I can see the PS4 passing it up at some point.  I think the XB1 will end up third but not a distant third.  All my opinion of course.  And there will be fun games for all of them.

On a side note.. I really like the PS4 controller over past PS controllers.  Its like the changed it enough to improve it but not enough to make it too different from past designs.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Medic_wheat

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/16/2014, 03:04 AMCongrats on the PS4 too.  I think it will end up being the best of this last generation here in a few years.  Right now I feel like the Wii U holds that spot but I can see the PS4 passing it up at some point.  I think the XB1 will end up third but not a distant third.  All my opinion of course.  And there will be fun games for all of them.

On a side note.. I really like the PS4 controller over past PS controllers.  Its like the changed it enough to improve it but not enough to make it too different from past designs.
I like that you can use the PS4 controlor on the PS3  I have yet to try it. Or even hold thr PS4 controler. But the idea of it is cool to me

BlueBMW

To use it on PS3 you have to plug it in directly and cant use it wirelessly.  Unless theyve made updates that change that.  Still pretty neat that you can do that.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

munchiaz

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/16/2014, 11:39 AMTo use it on PS3 you have to plug it in directly and cant use it wirelessly.  Unless theyve made updates that change that.  Still pretty neat that you can do that.
I wasnt even aware that you could do that....neat

VenomMacbeth

Nothing too exciting, but I got loose copies of After Burst and X (Ekkusu) for the GB.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

TR0N

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/16/2014, 03:04 AMCongrats on the PS4 too.  I think it will end up being the best of this last generation here in a few years.  Right now I feel like the Wii U holds that spot but I can see the PS4 passing it up at some point.  I think the XB1 will end up third but not a distant third.  All my opinion of course.  And there will be fun games for all of them.

Thanks things do run allot smoother on the PS4 compared to the PS3.Also i like the fact when you download a game or firmware you can play any thing,while you wait.Ive downloaded a few games for the PS4 until i can buy some later on.I'm still put off by the fact that online play isn't free without a plus account.Still at least (playstation plus) gives out discounts and free games as well beside cloud saving.
IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: Nulltard on 11/16/2014, 04:05 PMWD = Collectard Catnip

shame on you, xel.
Don't judge me!  I've seen the molestation you do to any paper product with the Turbo or TTi logo on it...

mitsuman

IMG

Got this in the mail today. Now I just need to get an SNES.

reson8er

Love me some Studio Ghibli Blu-ray

/15203096993_88333d12f0.jpg

Mathius

Quote from: reson8er on 11/18/2014, 05:24 PMLove me some Studio Ghibli Blu-ray

I haven't seen The Wind Rises yet. The others are classics.

EvilEvoIX

I got a smoking deal yesterday...

Brand New XBOXONE
Brand New COD-AV
12 Months XB-LIVE
Brand New additonal XBOXONE Controller
Used Kinnect Device

I paid $400 for all of this.  Now I know these new systems are a bit underwhelming in terms of a next gen leap but I feel these consoles will have legs and will improve over time.  I played through the first level of COD-AV last night and I had fun with it.   While I saw a graphical and resolution advancement well above the XBOX 360 the jump wasn't super special like going from 16BIT to 32BIT.  The level of detail is HUGE and there are much larger levels to battle through, that was the biggest improvement.  For this price I feel it was a no brainer and I REALLY enjoy the Kinnect Voice commands, really changes how you do everything with entertainment.  It even Pauses, FF, RWD, steaming video commands off my Fios and has the guide so everything is through the XBOX now.  It even finds what ever you want through voice commands plus the gestures are cool.  This Generation of Kinnect is a HUGE jump over the original Kinnect, vastly superior in every way.

COD really does make a cool jump over the older variants, I'd say get it even if on XBOX360-PS3 and if you upgrade to a new system before March they let you play the game on the newer systems.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

BlueBMW

I'm still of the belief that the PS4 will ultimately end up on top this generation.  Wii U is currently the best though ;)

COD AW is alright, you just gotta make sure you deck your character out properly...

/cod2_zps51902eac.jpg

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/19/2014, 02:53 PMI'm still of the belief that the PS4 will ultimately end up on top this generation.  Wii U is currently the best though ;)

COD AW is alright, you just gotta make sure you deck your character out properly...

/cod2_zps51902eac.jpg
That RULES!!!  I have to try that!
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Mathius

Your COD character needs more laughter in his life.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: reson8er on 11/18/2014, 05:24 PMLove me some Studio Ghibli Blu-ray
Those look familiar.
IMG
--DragonmasterDan

SuperGrafx

Where did you get that Xbox One bundle for $400?
A pre-black Friday special?

reson8er

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 11/19/2014, 09:16 PMWhere did you get that Xbox One bundle for $400?
A pre-black Friday special?
Some dude on Craigs list.  He took advantage of a Best Buy Misprint and had a stack of XBONE's and XBOX Live Cards, many games and such.  So I got everything brand new and he threw in a Kinnect (used).   love this thing it rules so hard.
IMGIMGIMG

NecroPhile

I'm not sure how playable it'll be, but I couldn't pass up the cute Cosmic Fantasy and Valis characters on the cover of Nariagari Trendy.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

cr8zykuban0

some pickups from ebay, forums and stuff from a new and very cool game store that opened up in henderson,nevada retro city games!

IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 11/19/2014, 03:47 PMYour COD character needs more laughter in his life.
I picked the old looking guy cuz... well I'm getting old ;)

esteban

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 11/21/2014, 11:32 PMsome pickups from ebay, forums and stuff from a new and very cool game store that opened up in henderson,nevada retro city games!

IMG
Dude, Iron Tank on NES is awesome. An all-time fave (under appreciated). I wish there were more games like it.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

InfraMan

Quote from: esteban on 11/22/2014, 10:05 AM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 11/21/2014, 11:32 PMsome pickups from ebay, forums and stuff from a new and very cool game store that opened up in henderson,nevada retro city games!
Dude, Iron Tank on NES is awesome. An all-time fave (under appreciated). I wish there see more games like it.
Seconded, Iron Tank is a good 'un. I especially love running over all those little dudes with my tank. :dance:

SuperGrafx

Yeah, but it gets brutally hard at the end of the game.

Passcode feature does little to help you there.

PunkCryborg

Been a while since I bought stuff. Here's some coool stuff I picked up this last week though
Thanks Galam for the Riot Zone!!
IMG
Some Anime Laserdiscs. If anyone has more US anime Laserdiscs LMK I am always looking
IMG
/fgKQAbR.jpg

Broken Pachinko....
IMG

This is something I've been wanting to get for a long time
IMG

esteban

Is that a card reader..like magnetic strip credit card?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

PunkCryborg

Quote from: esteban on 11/24/2014, 07:55 AMIs that a card reader..like magnetic strip credit card?
It's a rom burner/reader. I can do stuff like dump roms, write eproms to fix dead ones on pcbs, make genesis repros etc. I got it because I have a lot of arcade PCBs and friends with pinballs and you need to have one to dump updated voice samples and stuff for pins. I also want to make some sega genesis translated conversions.
I also would like to make some of those hu cards of some of Pauls games using those blank hu cards that were available for a while

munchiaz

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 11/23/2014, 11:30 PMSome Anime Laserdiscs. If anyone has more US anime Laserdiscs LMK I am always looking
IMG
Armitage is so good. It's been so long since i've seen it