OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xcrement5x

Nice goodies anime goodies!  I've always wanted to watch Moldiver but never found the time, maybe I will now that you reminded me!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Flare65

Quote from: InfraMan on 11/22/2014, 10:52 AM
Quote from: esteban on 11/22/2014, 10:05 AM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 11/21/2014, 11:32 PMsome pickups from ebay, forums and stuff from a new and very cool game store that opened up in henderson,nevada retro city games!
Dude, Iron Tank on NES is awesome. An all-time fave (under appreciated). I wish there see more games like it.
Seconded, Iron Tank is a good 'un. I especially love running over all those little dudes with my tank. :dance:
I enjoyed it as well.  The trick to beating it is selecting the correct ammo/shells for what boss you are fighting.  I don't recall it being that difficult.

JapanTokei

didnt buy anything but just wanted to say hello to the gang!   I've been MIA for a long ass time.  taking some time off these days so looking forward to having more time to jump on and chatter!!

-Tokei

NecroPhile

Heyo, Tokei!  :mrgreen:

I picked up a package at the P.O. yesterday and found a Secret Santa goodie as well as Blue Breaker, La Valeur, Space Invaders, Meikyou no Elfine, Babel, Sotsugyou Shashin Miki, Space Battleship Yamato, and Bakusho Yoshimoto for myself.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

munchiaz

Quote from: JapanTokei on 11/26/2014, 10:10 AMdidnt buy anything but just wanted to say hello to the gang!   I've been MIA for a long ass time.  taking some time off these days so looking forward to having more time to jump on and chatter!!

-Tokei
Welcome back Tokei

JapanTokei

Munchiaz!  Necro!   Good to hear from you so soon!!  . lol  I miss this place.

Necro - you still have that briefcase setup w/Nexzr & Bazzy I got rid off a few years back?   I miss that little briefcase thing :) 
I am moving soon so had just packed up all my games and had them shipped to inlaws house at Hokkaido.  To makeup for that void, been killing time just browsing through Yahoo J Auctions... sad / lol

NecroPhile

Quote from: JapanTokei on 11/26/2014, 10:24 AMNecro - you still have that briefcase setup w/Nexzr & Bazzy I got rid off a few years back?
You bet; nothing leaves my collectard blackhole.  :mrgreen:

The CG came in handy a couple months back for testing a PrintBooster/IllustBooster/PhotoReader setup.

esteban

Quote from: JapanTokei on 11/26/2014, 10:10 AMdidnt buy anything but just wanted to say hello to the gang!   I've been MIA for a long ass time.  taking some time off these days so looking forward to having more time to jump on and chatter!!

-Tokei
Welcome back. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

cr8zykuban0

was able to scoop this for $52 bucks on ebay! close to 70 aes titles!
IMG

ToyMachine78

I picked up the PS4 GTA V bundle and Shadow of Mordor yesterday. Should be here Sunday. Woo hoo! Merry Christmas to me :D

chany60126

I picked up some magazines at an estate sale today for cheap. I was happy to see some of them have coverage on the turbo. :)
IMG

Mathius

I'm pretty sure those old EGMs are mine, Chany. I''ll just be taking them back now. Thank you.

xcrement5x

IMG
2014-11-26 GameStop Grabs by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Kung Fu Rider [PS3 Move]
Tamagotchi Party On! [Wii]
Link's Crossbow Training [Wii]
Gold Wii Controller Pro [Wii]

I was very excited to find the Gold controller Pro in the wild. Normally it came bundled with that GoldenEye game so finding it loose at a semi-cheap price was a nice score. The other games were random pickups that were cheapo.

IMG
2014-11-26 Misc by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Green Logitech Wireless Xbox Controller
Sega Saturn Games 3 Pack

I got very lucky on this copy of the Saturn 3 Pack, it is brand new and ended at a very low price off the ebay. Those in the know about Saturn games will notice something very special about this copy (or should I say, something this copy is missing)

The Xbox controller I found at the thrift for a couple bucks. I've been trying to find a wireless Xbox pad of decent build quality for awhile so I'm happy to finally have this one.

For black Friday I picked up a couple things online, but nothing is here yet.  I did buy a ton of tubs of cat litter at PetSmart though, woo
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

chany60126

Quote from: guest on 11/29/2014, 05:45 PMChany!!!

Jelly!!!
Yarr! It's cool to be able to read mags that I missed out on when I was younger. I've been lucky this year as I scored a box full of vintage Gamepro and Nintendo Power gaming magazines at a flea market back in January.

bob

Quote from: chany60126 on 11/29/2014, 06:05 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/29/2014, 05:45 PMChany!!!

Jelly!!!
Yarr! It's cool to be able to read mags that I missed out on when I was younger. I've been lucky this year as I scored a box full of vintage Gamepro and Nintendo Power gaming magazines at a flea market back in January.
Still waiting for that jordan gamepro.  :-"

SuperGrafx

Finally picked up a Surface Pro 3 (and keyboard cover).
Couldn't pass up the fact that the Core i5 model that I wanted was $100 off thanks to Black Friday promos.

A great tablet and PC replacement.  Plays games and emulators really well.  :)

VenomMacbeth

I'm waiting on a "best-of" copy of Metal Black for the Saturn to come in the mail. I would have preferred the standard release, but I'd like to eat more than ramen for the next two weeks & I needed a shooter fix.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Mathius

Enjoy your EGMs, Chany. I got into so much trouble with mine back in school where I would read them instead of doing my schoolwork.

xElement5x, I found one of them Saturn 3 packs in the wild brand new sealed a year or so ago for $15. I swiped it up immediately.

JapanTokei

I loved EGMs too back during the 90s while I was attending jr. high school.  IMO it just smoked GamePro, and had more reviews/coverage per issue...  also remember vividly though how each monthly issue, I would get discourage how few TG-16 or CD games were avail for review, while Sega and SNES got tons of features...  highlight was reading about the upcoming SCD and Super System card 3, with preview of Gate of Thunder (only avail at Japan then).  I think that was the Jan/Feb issue back during 1993 or something.  Made me so proud.. lol.   My mom actually brought GoT and a Sys card 3 from Taiwan as a gift when she traveled there, but unfortuately it took me another 3 months or something to get a PCE-to-TG convertor to read the System card 3... damn COD shipping lol.  Booting up GoT for the 1st time before anyone of my friends could though was the best thing ever, remember my buds drooling over it.. good times, good times.

Quote from: Mathius on 11/29/2014, 08:41 PMEnjoy your EGMs, Chany. I got into so much trouble with mine back in school where I would read them instead of doing my schoolwork.

xElement5x, I found one of them Saturn 3 packs in the wild brand new sealed a year or so ago for $15. I swiped it up immediately.

Opethian

IMG

jeffhlewis

Ha - my buddy back in the day had the "Nintendo Strategies" book with the horrible cover. Back then nothing beat the black cover Official Nintendo Players Guide; solid book from front to back. Still have that one floating around, though my folks got rid of my magazine collection (spanning EGM, GamePro and Game Players magazines for issues 1 through like 100 for each) when I was in college. Only things that survived were EGM #2 and a handful of others.

bob

The nes atlas is definitely a worthy sequel to the players guide

ToyMachine78

I liked EGM as a kid, but I really loved GamePro the most. I loved GamePros illustrations, but most importantly I liked their reviewers and review system.

For some reason my gaming tastes always aligned with GamePro. In most cases, especially in the later years, GPs scores would align closely with others; but I do not remember that being the case in the 90's.

I know there were a couple of times where games were rated mediocre scale (3.0) by GP, but good to great (4-5) by other publications. It never failed my gaming tastes and experiences always aligned with GP. I miss GP :(

xcrement5x

Quote from: Mathius on 11/29/2014, 08:41 PMxElement5x, I found one of them Saturn 3 packs in the wild brand new sealed a year or so ago for $15. I swiped it up immediately.
This is a much less common variant that doesn't have the "save $15" callout in the upper right corner.  I've been looking for this variant for awhile and got lucky that I finally found a copy.  Getting it new and sealed was an extra bonus :)

There's a better visual explanation of it here near the bottom: http://www.satakore.com/sega-saturn-demo,,81606,,3-Free-Games-With-Purchase-of-Sega-Saturn-Daytona-USA-Virtua-Fighter-2-Virtua-Cop-USA.html

SuperGrafx

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 11/30/2014, 05:35 PMBack then nothing beat the black cover Official Nintendo Players Guide; solid book from front to back.
That is true.  I still have mine.  It was akin to a bible back in the day.
But damn did that thing have tons of typos and grammatical errors!  Also, check out the placeholder art for the Zelda II box.  Lol.

BlueBMW

I didn't read as many console game magazines back in the day but I did read a ton of PC gaming magazines.  I think I always liked Computer Games Strategy Plus and PC Gamer (with the little disks and later CDs for the "interactive" part)  Oh and Interactive Entertainment was always nice because they came with a free game.

"Now PC Gamer presents... the Kookaloo bird.... 'Kookaalalalooooo!'"
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

esadajr

My new toy. Concrete walls issues are a thing of the past.

10635975_10152564930012362_4036595285036229264_n.jpg
Gaming since 1985

ToyMachine78

Quote from: esadajr on 12/01/2014, 02:46 PMMy new toy. Concrete walls issues are a thing of the past.
Now you're playing with power!

NecroPhile

Quote from: esadajr on 12/01/2014, 02:46 PMMy new toy. Concrete walls issues are a thing of the past.
HALT!  Hammer(drill)zeit.

HALT--hammerzeit.jpg

xcrement5x

Nice!  Milwaukee is pretty damn solid from my experience.

esteban

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 11/30/2014, 05:35 PMHa - my buddy back in the day had the "Nintendo Strategies" book with the horrible cover. Back then nothing beat the black cover Official Nintendo Players Guide; solid book from front to back. Still have that one floating around, though my folks got rid of my magazine collection (spanning EGM, GamePro and Game Players magazines for issues 1 through like 100 for each) when I was in college. Only things that survived were EGM #2 and a handful of others.
I can't tell you how many times I read the Player's Guide. Totally fun.

:)

ToyMachine78

Quote from: esteban on 12/01/2014, 05:31 PM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 11/30/2014, 05:35 PMHa - my buddy back in the day had the "Nintendo Strategies" book with the horrible cover. Back then nothing beat the black cover Official Nintendo Players Guide; solid book from front to back. Still have that one floating around, though my folks got rid of my magazine collection (spanning EGM, GamePro and Game Players magazines for issues 1 through like 100 for each) when I was in college. Only things that survived were EGM #2 and a handful of others.

My favorite part were the Metroid maps. It blew my F'in mind as a kid that a game world could be that vast and detailed! So cool.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 12/01/2014, 06:05 PM
Quote from: esteban on 12/01/2014, 05:31 PM

My favorite part were the Metroid maps. It blew my F'in mind as a kid that a game world could be that vast and detailed! So cool.
Not only that, but it showed that the games were worthy of serious attention and not simply disposable bubblegum. All those old maps...to think about making them prior to screencaptures and PhotoShop...you had to draw them or take photos of the screen. Ha!

Ninja Spirit

In case there's newer members: No the PCE system is not a recent pickup. I just like snapping my pickups with the system.

instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpf1/10787939_412094575606277_619547003_n.jpg

Joe Redifer

I've always loved the PCE cover for Vigilante. They showed it in an early issue of Video Games 7 Computer Entertainment magazine way before the Turbo version came out with it's crap artwork.

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/03/2014, 02:18 PMI've always loved the PCE cover for Vigilante. They showed it in an early issue of Video Games 7 Computer Entertainment magazine way before the Turbo version came out with it's crap artwork.
Yup.

In an ancient post on one of the old boards we used to frequent (not sure which one, but I think it was post-GameFAQs), I likened this Vigilante cover to the films (and commercial art) surrounding Dario Argento and Italian giallo films.

I wish I had saved it, because I really think the Vigilante cover is exquisitely brutal. Too brutal for a game marketed for kids, since the horror is in the *anticipation* and dread of "what next?"

SuperGrafx

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/03/2014, 02:18 PMI've always loved the PCE cover for Vigilante. They showed it in an early issue of Video Games 7 Computer Entertainment magazine way before the Turbo version came out with it's crap artwork.
Funny you bring this up.  I was just browsing through this very issue over the weekend.  It was the magazine that offered up the first ever coverage (complete with awesome pics and screenshots) of the PCE here in the States.  I was in awe back then.

Digi.k

got a bunch of nintendo stuff from nintendo's store

/P1020416.jpg

bob

I have been looking for a long box copy of MK3 for the PS1 at a reasonable price for a long time.
I always felt like $20 was a bit too much, but every time i looked, that was the going rate.
Patience paid off...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271691796577

jordan_hillman

Quote from: galam on 12/04/2014, 08:16 AMI have been looking for a long box copy of MK3 for the PS1 at a reasonable price for a long time.
I always felt like $20 was a bit too much, but every time i looked, that was the going rate.
Patience paid off...

The manual/box art for MK3 on PS1 is awesome!

I wish more ports of MK3 went with that skull art.
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

Medic_wheat

Quote from: galam on 12/04/2014, 08:16 AMI have been looking for a long box copy of MK3 for the PS1 at a reasonable price for a long time.
Patience paid off...

Nice and with two other long box games.

xcrement5x

IMG
2014-12-05 Black Friday Pickups by xcrement5x, on Flickr

I took advantage of some nice deals this past Black Friday

Tales of Hearts R [Vita]
Tales of the Abyss [3DS]

Bamco was doing a 40% off two or more Tales games so I jumped on that to get both games that I wanted.  I'm going to return the copy of Heart R I bought from GameStop to cover the cost.

Dishonored: Game of the Year [PS3]
Theatrhythm: Curtain Call Limited Edition [3DS]

Bought these from Best Buy at a nice discounted price.  I've heard good stuff about Dishonored but just wish I'd gotten a regular cased version.  This is the first GH PS3 game I've purchased and it looks like a boil on the shelf.  Oh wells. Curtain Call comes with the music CD and extras from the first print, I couldn't justify the initial cost despite how fun the first game was.

IMG
2014-12-05 GameStop Pickups by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Genji: Days of the Blade [PS3]
Gem Smashers [Wii]
Morphx [3600
Bandfuse: Rock Legends [PS3] (with guitar cable)
Official PS3 Charging Station

All the used games were cheapies from the local GameStops, under $2 CIB.  Bandfuse was actually brand new and cost a whopping $2.97.  The game is still sealed and everything, though the box is open.  I've always wanted to play the Rocksmith type games and this is the cheapest entry point I've ever seen.

The PS3 Charging station is the official Sony one and is pretty sought after.  I have one of these and they're very nice, never had a problem with it and now I don't have to putz around with cables so a second at a good price is quite the welcome addition.

I also got the Kingdom Hearts Collector's Edition last week, but that's already been wrapped up and put under the tree for my wife for Christmas.  Glad I preordered when I did as there is no way I would buy one at the ebay prices people are asking.

NecroPhile

I got one of these replacement cables in the mail yesterday to fix an ave6 that needed help.  The only bad thing I can see is that it lacks a tumor on the cable to keep it from being pulled out of the controller, so does anyone have any suggestions?  There's not enough room inside the case to tie a knot, so I was thinking I'd use a little hot glue.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 12/05/2014, 01:37 PMI got one of these replacement cables in the mail yesterday to fix an ave6 that needed help.  The only bad thing I can see is that it lacks a tumor on the cable to keep it from being pulled out of the controller, so does anyone have any suggestions?  There's not enough room inside the case to tie a knot, so I was thinking I'd use a little hot glue.
Find the thickest, fattest plastic tie you have and firmly tighten it (without overtightening). Cut off excess strap  (duh!). Throw glue around it, if you wish, but the tie alone should stop casual tugs.

NecroPhile

Thanks, este.  That sounds like a great idea.   IMG

esteban

dingsbums

I had to get these  8)

IMG
IMG

Also I had to get this  8)

IMG

Finally some games   :wink:

IMG

And some PCB's

I was after this one for an eternity   :dance:
IMG
IMG

And a nice shooter  :)
IMG
IMG

esteban

PepsiMan! I never knew about that one until someone here posted a video play through (superdeadite?)...

Of course, I'd want to play Dragon Blaze if I could only choose one game of the bunch you listed...

Medic_wheat

How do you play an arcade shooter on a cry tv?

Hmmm I guess my question should be more how do you get an arcade light gun connected to play and be recognized by your jams harnest? 

Most light gun boards I have seen usually implement a new geo controller.  Granted it is all home made stuff so if you can make your own light gun to play jams and pcb board then I am sure you could make it to recognize a nam on light gun or something?  Hmmm

esteban

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/07/2014, 12:19 PMHow do you play an arcade shooter on a cry tv?

Hmmm I guess my question should be more how do you get an arcade light gun connected to play and be recognized by your jams harnest? 

Most light gun boards I have seen usually implement a new geo controller.  Granted it is all home made stuff so if you can make your own light gun to play jams and pcb board then I am sure you could make it to recognize a nam on light gun or something?  Hmmm
As long as you aren't overly harsh/blunt, you can get a cry TV to do a lot of things.