The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xcrement5x

IMG
Nulltard Goods by xcrement5x, on Flickr

What a kind dude that Nulltard is, finally shipping my stuff after like forever.

I got Zonk stickers, Implode, a cool PCE bookmark, replacment HuCard Sleeves, and a cool TG16/Duo adapter.

Plus, what is that other thing?  Oh, it's a tampon.  Bastard. 

I'm glad I was able to help him get over his fear of Post Offices at least.  :P
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NightWolve

Never saw that PC Engine spine of one of the Ys Goddesses. Is that newly printed or an original that came with the Japanese Ys Book I & II ?

Joe Redifer

That's an image from the opening of Ys 4 so I doubt it came with Ys Book 1&2. :) No matter what it's pretty awesome and I'm betting it's newly printed.

I wish they had a Duo/TurboGrafx-16 adapter so I could use pads with a normal-sized jack on my moon-sized Turbopad input.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/08/2015, 04:11 PMNever saw that PC Engine spine of one of the Ys Goddesses. Is that newly printed or an original that came with the Japanese Ys Book I & II ?
Sunteam_paul made bookmarks and gave them out with orders of the printed PCE Gamer Fanzine compilation.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

esteban

Necro and I were typing at the same time, dammit.

MrFulci

I want to be on Sparky's street. Those garbage men, and their route. Good garbage men, there;
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 01/08/2015, 04:48 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 01/08/2015, 04:11 PMNever saw that PC Engine spine of one of the Ys Goddesses. Is that newly printed or an original that came with the Japanese Ys Book I & II ?
Sunteam_paul made bookmarks and gave them out with orders of the printed PCE Gamer Fanzine compilation.
:)
That jerk, and he never offered me one! Hmph!

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/08/2015, 04:16 PMThat's an image from the opening of Ys 4 so I doubt it came with Ys Book 1&2. :)
Touche, right you are!

cr8zykuban0

my pickups! nes is box only. any one happen to have any extra styrofoam inserts for it?
IMG

Medic_wheat

That's kind of cool those cases for the MVS remind me of the slip covers for a VHS tape.

Hummmmm interesting idea for a custom MVS vase with labels.   Not a real VHS slip cover but a custom one to fit a MVS or AES loos game

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/08/2015, 11:43 PMThat's kind of cool those cases for the MVS remind me of the slip covers for a VHS tape.

Hummmmm interesting idea for a custom MVS vase with labels.   Not a real VHS slip cover but a custom one to fit a MVS or AES loos game
very true. they look pretty cool and i know the guy behind the cases. i really like them but i really love the southtown homebrew mvs shock boxes. the material inside the shockboxes remind me on the inside material in old disney vhs cases lol

Medic_wheat

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 01/09/2015, 12:03 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/08/2015, 11:43 PMThat's kind of cool those cases for the MVS remind me of the slip covers for a VHS tape.

very true. they look pretty cool and i know the guy behind the cases. i really like them but i really love the southtown homebrew mvs shock boxes. the material inside the shockboxes remind me on the inside material in old disney vhs cases lol
Oh wait soone made these. What's the details on those cases?

cr8zykuban0

my friend chris from windy gaming.com makes these and gives them to you when you buy mvs games from his store. I think he sells them individually as well

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 01/09/2015, 05:56 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/08/2015, 04:03 PMWhat a kind dude that Nulltard is

Plus, what is that other thing?  Oh, it's a tampon.  Bastard. 
^^xcrement5x
Nully, what the hell is up with you and tampons?

chany60126

Picked up some NES games at an estate sale today. GI Joe is a very fun game BTW if you ever find it at a reasonable price.
IMG

NightWolve

Rush'n'Attack was a fun game too BITD. Dragon Warrior I got free from that Nintendo Power issue deal; if you like RPGs, that's one of the Enix classics that helped start the craze here in the US. The sequels only got better with bigger worlds, more enemies, graphical improvements, etc. Nintendo Nerd did a good review of the TMNT there, it featured that difficult part with that jump or so. I beat it, but it was just filler gaming material. And on Gradius, it's a fine Konami shooter, but Lifeforce had more replay value and was much more enjoyable.

Psycho Punch

Dragon Warrior = Dragon Quest right? The first one was so clunky and designed to be annoying, but it was fun.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

SuperGrafx

In addition, I'm pretty sure that Utlima III: Exodus beat Dragon Warrior to the market by several months here in the US.
It's just that DW was promoted like crazy by Nintendo in issues of Nintendo Power leading up to its release.  They even printed a pseudo clue book in one of their issues.  That made all the difference.  And I thoroughly enjoyed this game with my friends back in 1989.

Mathius

Solid line-up there, Chany. I never even knew of that GI Joe game. Agreed with Nightwolve on Gradius. Cool history making game, but Life Force beats it to a pulp with its engaging atmosphere and music. THAT MUSIC! Even a better port than Salamander on the 'ol Engine IMO.

And don't count out The Little Mermaid. It's a Capcom classic when they were at their best. Not their best compared to the other Disney games of the era but very solid.

NightWolve

I technically added "The Legend of Xanadu" and "Anearth Fantasy Stories" for $34 shipped to the ole NEC library today from our good buddy BlueBMW. :) Gotta keep 'em handy for the fan translation patches someday and adding to my Falcom collection is always a good thing!

IMG
IMG

BlueBMW

Wasnt there a hidden shootie or something in Anearth Fantasy Stories?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

esteban

Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/11/2015, 11:11 AMWasnt there a hidden shootie or something in Anearth Fantasy Stories?
I wish! Cychorider is hidden in the MOOK version of Anearth...

https://archives.tg-16.com/complete_list_of_tg16_pce_shooters.htm?col=jp&val=cycho

Bernie

I picked this up

/%24_5%281%29.JPG

Listed as not working, so hopefully it wont be something too bad.  I doubt it is.

And this.

/%24_57.JPG

BIG fan of the Dragon Warrior/Quest series.  Gonna end up getting the NES versions all boxed, just because I want to....

NightWolve

OH YEAH, BERNIE'S ALMOST BACK IN THE DUO BUSINESS BABY!

WELCOME BACK!!!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/11/2015, 04:43 PMOH YEAH, BERNIE'S ALMOST BACK IN THE DUO BUSINESS BABY!

WELCOME BACK!!!
Just make sure he's no longer in the hair dryer business :P
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

I believe that the majority of US Duos put a restraining order against Bernie to thwart any further negligent violence against them. That one's dead so it doesn't care.  :P

She's a purdy thing, Bernie. Nice! :)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 01/11/2015, 05:22 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 01/11/2015, 04:43 PMOH YEAH, BERNIE'S ALMOST BACK IN THE DUO BUSINESS BABY!

WELCOME BACK!!!
I want to hear this story.

Sits on ground next to chimney Fire.  Eats popcorn.

EvilEvoIX

It's always nice to have a Duo.  I highly recommend them
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

chany60126

Quote from: Bernie on 01/11/2015, 04:20 PMI picked this up

%24_5%281%29.JPG

Listed as not working, so hopefully it wont be something too bad.  I doubt it is.
Ah, that listing looks very familiar. Is that the one that was listed as the "white" Turbo Duo? :P

Opethian

I'll buy that duo door off ya Bernie :D
IMG

MrFlutterPie

IMG

IMG

IMG

Some good fun titles in there despite looking like filler :)

xcrement5x

Woohoo! I found a bunch of SMS goodies randomly at the thrift!

IMG
2015-01-11 Thrift SMS Finds by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Fantasy Zone: The Maze
Rambo III
Global Defense
Double Dragon
Shanghai

I also found a brand new copy of Reel Fishing and an extra power cord (which is always helpful to have around).

I also finally got a box with some stuff I had been waiting for from Japan.

IMG
2015-01-11 Japan Shipment 1 by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Super Famicom with 2 Controllers (no hookups but that's fine)
Mario & Wario (I got 2 of these so I can gut the other)

3x3 Eyes Mega CD Hint Guide (It's full color and very nice looking!)

Some Hudson Volumes:
Super Momotarou Densetsu [PCE]
Sadakichi Seve Hideyoshi no Ougon [PCE]

IMG
2015-01-11 Japan Pickups 2 by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Pluuuus, all sorts of random goodies here!

First up is Pokemon on a non-Nintendo console! It's a Pokemon education game for the Sega PICO that teaches kids about Hiragana and Katakana.

More Hudson Volume!  BeBall and Necromancer for the PC Engine. Be-Ball was the first PCE game I ever played and I'm happy to finally have a complete copy.

A white Sega Saturn Mouse to match my JP console

Sorcerian for the Mega Drive

A cloth Grandia map (I think it was a preorder bonus)

Anime Freak Vol 1 and Welcome to Pia Carrot for the PC-FX. I already got a copy of the translated version of Pia but wanted a real copy too.

Finally, a copy of the Kenichi Sonoda Sukebu Collection. It's kind of a doujin release but has a lot of cool sketches in it covering the work he did. It is a cool addition to the BubbleGum Crisis BluRay set I now have.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 01/12/2015, 12:17 PMA cloth Grandia map (I think it was a preorder bonus)
The first shipment of the game (Japanese Saturn version) came with the map and a drama CD.
--DragonmasterDan

Bernie

Quote from: chany60126 on 01/11/2015, 11:55 PM
Quote from: Bernie on 01/11/2015, 04:20 PMI picked this up
%24_5%281%29.JPG
Ah, that listing looks very familiar. Is that the one that was listed as the "white" Turbo Duo? :P
No, it was listed as not working.  He just got back to me, and basically told me he has no idea if it works, since he could not test it without a controller or games.  He got it in some sort of game buy or something.  I guess someone selling their stuff off to a game store??  Anyway, I am pretty excited to get this machine and fire it up.  I am curious if it works or not.

NecroPhile

Good luck, Mr. Berns.  All too often, "untested" really means "it's totally fucked and beyond repair".
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BlueBMW

It does have the hucard door... anyone who knew it was beyond repair would have probably scalped that off there.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 01/12/2015, 03:33 PMGood luck, Mr. Berns.  All too often, "untested" really means "it's totally fucked and beyond repair".
+1

Bernie

Nah, I'm thinking he is telling the truth, and just don't know.  I'm sure theres nothing thesteve or turbokon or any of our techs couldn't figure out.  Just hope for the best.  I mean, it looks pretty decent.  Not beat up or marked on.  No hair dryer burns....yet....

cjameslv

This arrived in today's mail  :dance:

"avenue pad 3 controller"
tinypic.com/35kr09x.png

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 01/11/2015, 05:22 PM

WELCOME BACK!!!
Bernie's back! :)

jtucci31

Quote from: cjameslv on 01/12/2015, 05:37 PMThis arrived in today's mail  :dance:
Looks nice! I just picked one up recently as well. Tried it on a few shooters and I liked it. Also used it for Ninja Spirit. That third button comes in handy.

cjameslv

Quote from: guest on 01/12/2015, 08:04 PM
Quote from: cjameslv on 01/12/2015, 05:37 PMThis arrived in today's mail  :dance:
Looks nice! I just picked one up recently as well. Tried it on a few shooters and I liked it. Also used it for Ninja Spirit. That third button comes in handy.
Ya for sure, i like it but the d-pad seemed spongy. So when i took it apart and was cleaning everything (which i do to everything lol), i also swapped the rubber contact with one from a nes controller. Made a huge difference and it feels very tactile now.

EvilEvoIX

Today I found some boxed items on Craigslist  I paid $50 for the whole lot.  Normally I stay away from these boxed lots as they are almost certainly overpriced but today I think I did good.  Nothing rare but I like nice clean items.  Everything works but the Gameboy Battery.  The Lynx is 100% complete and even has the plastic baggies for everything.  I always was impressed with the Lynx.  I remember seeing behind a glass case in Toys R Us way back when with California Games Demo playing and the wave looked so cool during the Surfing Mini Game.  I prefer the Lynx 1 over the Lynx 2 purely for esthetics, I know it isn't as good and doesn't even have stereo sound via the headphones.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Mathius

I have one of the 3rd party three-button controllers but rarely use it. I really need an Avenue 6 pad badly. Really horrible luck finding one in good shape.

jtucci31

Quote from: Mathius on 01/12/2015, 10:20 PM
I have one of the 3rd party three-button controllers but rarely use it. I really need an Avenue 6 pad badly. Really horrible luck finding one in good shape.
I've been reluctant to buy fighting games because i also don't own a 6 button pad. I'll just burn them once i do get one though.

I think i actually want a Hori 6 pad more than the Ave 6 pad. I hear the Dpad is much better. But, if i ever find a decent looking Ave 6 pad that isn't crazily priced (which they seem to be sometimes, on the good ole bay) then I'll still pick it up. I understand your troubles in finding a decent Ave 6 pad

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 01/13/2015, 01:01 AMI think i actually want a Hori 6 pad more than the Ave 6 pad. I hear the Dpad is much better. But, if i ever find a decent looking Ave 6 pad that isn't crazily priced (which they seem to be sometimes, on the good ole bay) then I'll still pick it up. I understand your troubles in finding a decent Ave 6 pad
I brought both types of pads to both VGS and Octurbofest. The Hori pad is definitely better.
--DragonmasterDan

cjameslv

ToyMachine78

cjameslv

Quote from: guest on 01/14/2015, 08:10 PM
Quote from: cjameslv on 01/14/2015, 08:07 PMToday was a great day  :D

2eus613.png
2sajfnk.png
How much?
A few solid sexual favors and it was all mine... 8-[