OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtucci31

Nice Dragon Slayer! Seems hard to find (on ebay that is) for under $100. Weirdly. I think I'll just burn it soon.

Bernie

Dragon Slayer is a solid game.  Enjoy it.

Mathius

With the map too! Grats! Mine has a reproduction map that Terry did for me. Or maybe it was Sparky. Can't remember.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 01/14/2015, 09:13 PMNice Dragon Slayer! Seems hard to find (on ebay that is) for under $100. Weirdly. I think I'll just burn it soon.
Yeah, I'm thankful that is one I already owned from childhood. It really is a great game.

NecroPhile

Dragon Slayer is definitely a goody......  me lard.  But why is the Super CD logo so frickin' big?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

cjameslv

Quote from: guest on 01/15/2015, 09:33 AMDragon Slayer is definitely a goody......  me lard.  But why is the Super CD logo so frickin' big?
It's america, we like everything big...seriously though i didn't even notice until i googled it and saw the pce release cover.

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: guest on 01/15/2015, 09:33 AMDragon Slayer is definitely a goody......  me lard.  But why is the Super CD logo so frickin' big?
They want you to know that it's SUPER lol.

Fidde_se

Got this yesterday. They are for sale like.... never, when wanting them on the cheap.

IMG

Been sold as "Buy It Now" non working for 600$ here for over a year.
Then around Christmas it was as an action beginning at 100$ (and Buy It Now), no else bid but me...
and when the seller tested it before shipping it worked flawlessly, the disc drive were suppose
to be banged up, he over charged the shipping by 3 times the amount but hey that suddenly didn't do a thing =)

Good deal approved by:
IMG
GW/GB/GBP/GBL/GBC/GBA/GBASP/GBASP2/GBM/DS/DSL/DSiXL/3DS/PM/VB/FC/NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii/PS/PSONE/PS2/PS2S/
SMS/SMS2/GG/NOM/MD/MD2/MD3/MD1CD/SS/DC/XB/XB360/NGP/NGPC/NGPC2/WS/WSC/CSW/PCEGT/PCE/PCECG1/PCECG2/
PCECD/TG16TE/NGAGE/GIZ/GP32/GP2XF1/GP2XF2/GP2XWIZ/GP2XCAN/DA320/ST520/ST1040/LNX/LNX2/JAG/PORT/CD32/A500/
C64/CDi/VMU/POCKSTN/PSP/PSPCFW/FDS/VSM

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Fidde_se on 01/15/2015, 02:24 PMGot this yesterday. They are for sale like.... never, when wanting them on the cheap.

IMG

Been sold as "Buy It Now" non working for 600$ here for over a year.
Then around christmas it was as an action beginning at 100$ (and Buy It Now), no else bid but me...
and when the seller tested it before shipping it worked flawlessly, the discdrive were suppose
to be banged up, he over charged the shipping by 3 times the amount but hey that suddenly didn't do a thing =)

Good deal approved by:
IMG
Marty McSUPER-fly! :D
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

NecroPhile

Uh-oh, you've got Towns Syndrome!  :P
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Opethian

I had a Marty they are just unnaturally heavy for a console. Enjoy one of the best ports of Raiden 1 and the only port of Tatsujin-oh
IMG

Medic_wheat

Well.  That Marty is a mystery to me.  Should I google it?    Nah.   I'll wait for the thread to answer what it is I am looking at...

Waits for back to the future joke.....

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

chany60126

Arrived home yesterday evening and found this at my doorstep.

IMG

Thank you so much beamer!! I can't believe I finally own one of these systems, and with all the games!  :D

esteban

Quote from: chany60126 on 01/17/2015, 10:01 AMArrived home yesterday evening and found this at my doorstep.

IMG

Thank you so much beamer!! I can't believe I finally own one of these systems, and with all the games!  :D
DAMN.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jtucci31

Damn indeed! I'm very jealous. Can't believe you managed to get all 5 SuperGrafx games in one giant swoop!

jeffhlewis

This is a total collectard post, but after 6 years of searching I finally completed the NTSC Sega Master System re-release variants set, all complete in box with manual. I now have everything released in North America, ever, including variants (except for a UPC sticker Sonic, which is easily duped and I refuse to pay $1200+ for).

IMG

Rambo and Choplifter hadn't shown up on eBay in years (except for one Rambo auction that ended north of $200). Some guy posted both on the same 3 day auction and was able to nab them finally.

If anyone's unfamiliar, these are games that Sega re-released (mostly as blue label carts instead of red label, but all with different packaging) for the SMS shortly before the Genesis came out. They were printed in extremely small quantities with some being rarer than others (Rambo is the hardest to come by).

I'm done being a collectard now. Complete set collecting is for the birds.

cjameslv

Quote from: chany60126 on 01/17/2015, 10:01 AMArrived home yesterday evening and found this at my doorstep.

IMG

Shit! Wish that arrived on my doorstep! Really nice score  =D>

EvilEvoIX

IMG

That's amazing!   All the games is quite nice!  Now to RGB mod or not?
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

BlueBMW

Crap!  I forgot to throw the SGX manual in there.  Ill bring it to MGC for ya.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Opethian

IMG

EvilEvoIX

Great Sale BLUE BMW, wish I jumped on that!
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

xcrement5x

Wow, nice on the SuperGrafx and the SMS stuff!

I have a couple carts with a sticker that says like Sega for the 90's but that is the only weird SMS stuff I've got.  I've been slowly trying to pick up US games for the system but prices are really going up now for some reason!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Sparky

jeffhlewis that is cool info and I love the SMS, I think I am just missing about 10 games myself but I don't get into variants but cool info man.

For me some local old school bits and pieces...Love the odyssey game artwork and packaging, oh I also got a vadar 2600 with it.

IMG

HailingTheThings

IMG

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 01/17/2015, 04:21 PMWow, nice on the SuperGrafx and the SMS stuff!

I have a couple carts with a sticker that says like Sega for the 90's but that is the only weird SMS stuff I've got.  I've been slowly trying to pick up US games for the system but prices are really going up now for some reason!
Variant collecting is completely retarded - *technically* the "Sega for the 90's"-stickered games are also variants, but they're so impossibly hard to identify via auction, and there are no other differences except for the stupid sticker, and maybe a copyright or trademark on the back of the manual.

Most people don't consider them part of a "complete" set, but you can drive yourself mad trying to collect every single version and variation of things like this. If you think that's bad, there are an insane amount of variants for the Genesis and SNES (stuff like Castlevania Bloodlines Konami Clamshell vs. Majesco Cardboard  version 1 vs. Majesco Cardboard version 2...et al).

I decided to draw the line at the full NTSC set and "official" variants, and call it a day, haha.

Sparky

Hahaha.. Ya goosebumps voice changer/screamer and that other thing is called a europet from 1990, whatever that is, but it is fucked up looking and will look great on my desk at work

Edit: ha it might be a dog toy, hahaha

PunkCryborg

My awesome wife got me this for my birthday :D

IMG

Friend got these sweet shock boxes

IMG

Also picked up these fami games

IMG

SuperGrafx

IMG

Wow, that's great! Instant collection!
Now you just need that Darius game that's enhanced for SuperGrafx.

Bernie

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 01/17/2015, 04:49 PMMy awesome wife got me this for my birthday :D
Are those Neo Geo carts expensive?  That is a system I have always been wanting to dabble in, but just never did.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Bernie on 01/17/2015, 06:27 PM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 01/17/2015, 04:49 PMMy awesome wife got me this for my birthday :D
Are those Neo Geo carts expensive?  That is a system I have always been wanting to dabble in, but just never did.
They appear to be loose MVS carts in Shock Boxes.  Shock Troopers is like $25 and Windjammers is like $30 loose.
IMGIMGIMG

jeffhlewis

That SF2 turbo kit is the sexy as hell

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 01/17/2015, 04:48 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/17/2015, 04:21 PMWow, nice on the SuperGrafx and the SMS stuff!

Variant collecting is completely retarded - *technically* the "Sega for the 90's"-stickered games are also variants, but they're so impossibly hard to identify via auction, and there are no other differences except for the stupid sticker, and maybe a copyright or trademark on the back of the manual.
And it's totally possible to make fake stickers and make your own variants, same with the Sonic, Golden Axe Warrior, Spiderman and Strider UPCs.
--DragonmasterDan

PunkCryborg

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/17/2015, 06:49 PM
They appear to be loose MVS carts in Shock Boxes.  Shock Troopers is like $25 and Windjammers is like $30 loose.
Not sure what world you are in where you find $25 shock troopers and $30 windjammers but sounds like a great place to be!

Yeah Bernie they are MVS carts, these are just cases made up for them and the are HUGE. MVS carts are a lot more expensive these days but you can pick up a multi cart if you wanna get into neo games and still use real hardware

Mathius

One of these days when I am no longer feeling up people's dirty filthy cars I'll be able to afford me a CMVS so I can partake in some MVS action. Until then I'll just keep playing my non-expanding AES library loaded with commons. Which, sadly, has been ruined by shitty resellers along with the more popular and expensive AES titles. Thanks a alot Ebay!

xcrement5x

Most people don't consider them part of a "complete" set, but you can drive yourself mad trying to collect every single version and variation of things like this. If you think that's bad, there are an insane amount of variants for the Genesis and SNES (stuff like Castlevania Bloodlines Konami Clamshell vs. Majesco Cardboard  version 1 vs. Majesco Cardboard version 2...et al).

I decided to draw the line at the full NTSC set and "official" variants, and call it a day, haha.
I am pretty collectardy when it comes to variants.  Getting the Working Designs variants was one of the coolest things I ever finished, and thankfully it was before prices on stuff went nuts.  I am a big WD fan in general but the variants were neat to suss out and find over a long period of time.

Other than that I only really hunt out variants if it is a small set or I accidentally come across them.  Like I have Greatest Hits and Regular versions of some PS1 RPGS, but mainly just because I found them cheap in a thrift or something. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

VenomMacbeth

I've acquired a few things lately, mostly gifts I've failed to mention, but here goes:

I ordered a repro cart of the Metroid Mother hack from OCDReproductions, and I've never had so much fun playing the original Metroid.  Highly recommended.

I got Beamer's copies of New Zealand Story and Space Harrier for our beloved obey, and I'm pretty happy with both. ^-^

And finally, for Christmas, I got Radiant Silvergun for the Saturn, as well as Crying and Second Samurai for the Mega Drive.  I'm pretty stoked about those two, but I'm admittedly a bit disappointed with Radiant Silvergun.  The graphics are drab & the game is insanely difficult, but I'm gonna give it an honest shot before I make any real judgements.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 01/17/2015, 09:53 PM

I am pretty collectardy when it comes to variants.  Getting the Working Designs variants was one of the coolest things I ever finished, and thankfully it was before prices on stuff went nuts.  I am a big WD fan in general but the variants were neat to suss out and find over a long period of time.

Other than that I only really hunt out variants if it is a small set or I accidentally come across them.  Like I have Greatest Hits and Regular versions of some PS1 RPGS, but mainly just because I found them cheap in a thrift or something. 
WD variants are almost an entirely different beast though - there's at least something different about each copy vs. a minor change to the box/manual.

I remember when I got Lunar for the Sega CD originally, I had to return my first copy. My second copy had a totally different piece of art on the CD; threw me for a loop. I didn't find out until years later that there were a bunch of different variants.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 01/17/2015, 09:30 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/17/2015, 06:49 PM
Not sure what world you are in where you find $25 shock troopers and $30 windjammers but sounds like a great place to be!

Yeah Bernie they are MVS carts, these are just cases made up for them and the are HUGE. MVS carts are a lot more expensive these days but you can pick up a multi cart if you wanna get into neo games and still use real hardware
I agree that's on the low end of things but for a loose Mvs title they are common and that's what they are worth.  Full kits obviously much more.

Hell you can get a BRAND NEW copy of Metsl
slug 4 for $55.  There were s fuckton of MVS carts out there, don't let the collectArds fool you.

See:  http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111573076168
IMGIMGIMG

Mathius

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 01/17/2015, 10:00 PMI've acquired a few things lately, mostly gifts I've failed to mention, but here goes:

I ordered a repro cart of the Metroid Mother hack from OCDReproductions, and I've never had so much fun playing the original Metroid.  Highly recommended.

I got Beamer's copies of New Zealand Story and Space Harrier for our beloved obey, and I'm pretty happy with both. ^-^

And finally, for Christmas, I got Radiant Silvergun for the Saturn, as well as Crying and Second Samurai for the Mega Drive.  I'm pretty stoked about those two, but I'm admittedly a bit disappointed with Radiant Silvergun.  The graphics are drab & the game is insanely difficult, but I'm gonna give it an honest shot before I make any real judgements.
I'll have to look into that Metroid repro. Got a link?

I'll have to agree with you on Radiant Silvergun. That game is highly overrated and if Treasure didn't make it it would be just another Saturn shooter exclusive to Japan. Though that doesn't mean that I don't like the game. I enjoy its graphics and always find something in them to appreciate. And the opening cinema is hilarious in spots.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 01/17/2015, 10:55 PMI'll have to look into that Metroid repro. Got a link?

I'll have to agree with you on Radiant Silvergun. That game is highly overrated and if Treasure didn't make it it would be just another Saturn shooter exclusive to Japan. Though that doesn't mean that I don't like the game. I enjoy its graphics and always find something in them to appreciate. And the opening cinema is hilarious in spots.
Fortunately it's no longer an exclusive to Japan or a home exclusive on Saturn. It's been on Xbox 360 for quite some time. And a bonus it's even in English.
--DragonmasterDan

grache

I've wanted a 3DS for a while, but I kept waiting for the "new'" 3DS to be released. Last week I saw that the 2DS had been reduced to $100 and I impulse bought it. A couple days later I see the new 3DS announcement, haha.

I don't regret it though, I've been having a blast with Bravely Default. Any 3DS hidden gems (all genres)?
TurboGrafx-16 HuCard Collection: 7.3% complete    7 / 96 titles

Fidde_se

Quote from: grache on 01/19/2015, 04:24 PMI've wanted a 3DS for a while, but I kept waiting for the "new'" 3DS to be released. Last week I saw that the 2DS had been reduced to $100 and I impulse bought it. A couple days later I see the new 3DS announcement, haha.

I don't regret it though, I've been having a blast with Bravely Default. Any 3DS hidden gems (all genres)?
Tried the import work around today, legal exploit to be able to start 3DS games from the wrong region, worked... pretty cool.
GW/GB/GBP/GBL/GBC/GBA/GBASP/GBASP2/GBM/DS/DSL/DSiXL/3DS/PM/VB/FC/NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii/PS/PSONE/PS2/PS2S/
SMS/SMS2/GG/NOM/MD/MD2/MD3/MD1CD/SS/DC/XB/XB360/NGP/NGPC/NGPC2/WS/WSC/CSW/PCEGT/PCE/PCECG1/PCECG2/
PCECD/TG16TE/NGAGE/GIZ/GP32/GP2XF1/GP2XF2/GP2XWIZ/GP2XCAN/DA320/ST520/ST1040/LNX/LNX2/JAG/PORT/CD32/A500/

Fidde_se

Got this, CRT 14" for 5$, looks like it's hardly ever used, RGB Scart, Western made.... not asia.. lovely...

IMG

and Dire Straits never sang "I want my MTV" they did sing "I want my RGB"

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Fidde_se on 01/19/2015, 05:32 PMGot this, CRT 14" for 5$, looks like it's hardly ever used, RGB Scart, Western made.... not asia.. lovely...

IMG

That rules, a proper gaming setup.
IMGIMGIMG

Flare65

Quote from: Fidde_se on 01/19/2015, 05:19 PM
Quote from: grache on 01/19/2015, 04:24 PMI've wanted a 3DS for a while, but I kept waiting for the "new'" 3DS to be released. Last week I saw that the 2DS had been reduced to $100 and I impulse bought it. A couple days later I see the new 3DS announcement, haha.

Tried the import work around today, legal exploit to be able to start 3DS games from the wrong region, worked... pretty cool.
There is a new way to play import 3ds games?  Do tell!

jtucci31

Quote from: Fidde_se on 01/19/2015, 05:19 PM

Yes, please explain this work around. I know the JP 3DS store has some pce games, if i recall correctly.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Fidde_se on 01/19/2015, 05:32 PMGot this, CRT 14" for 5$, looks like it's hardly ever used, RGB Scart, Western made.... not asia.. lovely...

IMG

$5?  Nice.

How did you find it?

Fidde_se

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/19/2015, 11:42 PM

IMG

$5?  Nice.

How did you find it?
Back 10-25 years and they were very common here back then.

esadajr

this is like meeting an old friend. The PC Chips (aka PC Cheaps) M748LMRT mobo.

o5pqD5mzBU4/w737-h553-no/IMG_20150120_202552.jpg
Gaming since 1985