RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

Opethian

Quote from: guest on 02/23/2015, 03:58 PM
Quote from: esadajr on 02/23/2015, 10:23 AMReal floppy
Where'd you get the floppy drive? Is it a new product (doubtful since it's not USB), and if not, does it work fine with Win7/8? I've been thinking of getting one, but I hear bad things about the USB ones.
Ive never seen a USB 5.25" disk drive who makes one?
IMG

cjameslv

Quote from: Opethian on 02/23/2015, 07:57 PM
Where'd you get the floppy drive? Is it a new product (doubtful since it's not USB), and if not, does it work fine with Win7/8? I've been thinking of getting one, but I hear bad things about the USB ones.
Ive never seen a USB 5.25" disk drive who makes one?
Seen the smaller 3.5" fd usb emulator drives but yeah not the older style 5.25" ones.

o.pwuaioc

Hm, I think you guys are right. I can't find any. I thought there were some made, but if so, not anymore.

cr8zykuban0

bought too much this weekend. i had some extra cash from my income tax return so this is what i got
IMG
california purchases (sorry for the pic)
IMG
swapmeet and game store finds
IMG
IMG
and some stuff i got from sarumaru!!!!

esadajr

I got it from "Recycledgoods", they said it was refurbished. It is in great shape, no rust or dirt or anything like it and works like a champ (do yourself a favor and virus scan your disks).
I use it with a Win98 PC. My understanding is Win7 dropped support for 5.25 drives.

IMG

Kryoflux makes a usb interface for these kind of drives but is read only and a bit pricy.
Gaming since 1985

Opethian

Yea kryoflux is only used to dump disks. and you are right about win7 not supporting writing ti 5.25"
if you have win 98 xfloppy is a good disk imager I use omniflop in win xp reads and writes most images for most formats.
IMG

xcrement5x

IMG
htoL#NiQ and Hyperdevotion Noire Limited Editions by xcrement5x, on Flickr

htoL#NiQ (Hotaru no Nikki) Limited Edition from NIS America

and

Hyperdevotion Noire Goddess Black Heart Limited Edition from Idea Factory International

Both are US Vita games.  htoL was originally digital only, and it was super affordable given that it's a new game.  Noire adds on to all the Neptunia silliness in my life since at this point I have the LEs of all the games so I feel like I NEED to keep getting them.  Doesn't hurt that Noire is a cutie though. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Medic_wheat

Never played any of the Hyperdevotion games but always liked the cover art.

NecroPhile

I picked up my copy of Firefly Diary yesterday, so now I have something to play on the PSTV I picked up a few weeks back.  It's a pretty nice little package (game, soundtrack cd, and booklet) for $30, which seems pretty cheap compared to most other games at $40 and you don't even get a manual.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PunkCryborg

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/25/2015, 11:26 AMI picked up my copy of Firefly Diary yesterday, so now I have something to play on the PSTV I picked up a few weeks back.  It's a pretty nice little package (game, soundtrack cd, and booklet) for $30, which seems pretty cheap compared to most other games at $40 and you don't even get a manual.
Agh shoot

This was a limited physical edition release wasn't it?  Was it only available through the developers website or can this still be bought through Bestbuy and such?

NecroPhile

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/25/2015, 03:15 PMAgh shoot

This was a limited physical edition release wasn't it?  Was it only available through the developers website or can this still be bought through Bestbuy and such?
I think it was pre-order only.  There's plenty of 'em available from flippers on ebay, but it'll cost ya.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/25/2015, 03:25 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/25/2015, 03:15 PMAgh shoot

I think it was pre-order only.  There's plenty of 'em available from flippers on ebay, but it'll cost ya.
Looks like a $20 up charge. Well I can live with that.

xcrement5x

Yeah, htol#NiQ was direct through the NISA Store (http://store.nisamerica.com/) like Criminal Girls and such.  They sell a lot of regular edition stuff in retail outlets, but normally only sell the LE stuff directly.  I'm quite happy they are now doing LEs of the Atelier games again, Shallie in particular looks to be very cool.

If you're interested in Noire though, that is still instock at the Iffy store, but is a bit pricier at about $58:
http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/hyperdevotion-noire-goddess-black-heart-limited-edition/
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/25/2015, 04:44 PMYeah, htol#NiQ was direct through the NISA Store (http://store.nisamerica.com/) like Criminal Girls and such.  They sell a lot of regular edition stuff in retail outlets, but normally only sell the LE stuff directly.  I'm quite happy they are now doing LEs of the Atelier games again, Shallie in particular looks to be very cool.

If you're interested in Noire though, that is still instock at the Iffy store, but is a bit pricier at about $58:
http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/hyperdevotion-noire-goddess-black-heart-limited-edition/
Thanks. I got one off eBay already w/ free shipping at $54. For htol#NiQ

synbiosfan

My 27" Toshiba is acting weird (sometimes there are 7 horizontal lines standing out starting at the top of the screen) and since it's my OBEY set, that's unacceptable.

I went to a thrift shop and they had the same 27" Toshiba I was using for $22 8)

I'll keep my old set since the lines are less noticeable with other systems but it's on it's way out I fear.

roflmao

/IMG_0022-600x400.jpg

Jackie Chan arrived today so I thought I'd snap a pic of some of the goodies I've picked up recently. :D

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/25/2015, 08:55 PMIMG

Jackie Chan arrived today so I thought I'd snap a pic of some of the goodies I've picked up recently. :D
That reminds me I need to pick that game up along with its NES counter part.

roflmao

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/25/2015, 09:37 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/25/2015, 08:55 PM/IMG_0022-600x400.jpg

That reminds me I need to pick that game up along with its NES counter part.
Yeah, I hear the NES version is pretty good as well.  I'd love to give it a shot someday.

DeshDildo

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 02/25/2015, 12:55 PMGot a sweet tool :D
IMG
What do these things run?  I haven't looked into them yet but I'm tired of getting carpel tunnel using my old solder sucker.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

TR0N

Nice man i know slayers for the snes has a fan translation.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

BlueBMW

Let me know how that thing works Punk.  I just ordered the exact same desolder gun hehe.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

PunkCryborg

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/26/2015, 03:02 AMLet me know how that thing works Punk.  I just ordered the exact same desolder gun hehe.
Got a chance to use it last night and I am in love. I think you will be very happy with it and I wish I bought it a long time ago when I had to recap my monitor chassis

richc

Let me know how Jackie Chan goes, I used to have the NES version as a kid.

Fiancee surprised me with an order of a Duo-RX and one game.  I'll have pics when it gets here.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: richc on 02/26/2015, 10:42 AMFiancee surprised me with an order of a Duo-RX and one game.  I'll have pics when it gets here.
Whoa!  Marry her, br--oh, wait...
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

esadajr

More Atari goodness

/=w1104-h828-no
Gaming since 1985

BlueBMW

Awww good to see some atari 8 bit love once in a while.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

PunkCryborg

I didn't buy these, but I made them with my Hakko FR-300 I got yesterday and my programmer.
IMG

synbiosfan

Quote from: esadajr on 02/26/2015, 11:28 AMMore Atari goodness
/Ei8Y3e-xotCE-Mth-lR4upHhuVVdH3-8e0vQ8w_WbpA=w1104-h828-no
I bought my Robotron new and it came with a case to hold 2 joysticks. I wish I hadn't broke it being a knuckleheaded kid.

munchiaz

Found this stuff a few weeks back at GS for the cheap.

IMG

The girlfriend picked this up for me for Valentines day. Pretty happy about it, since hes one of the characters i play

IMG

Lastly i was able to get a collectors edition on Amazon. Gamestop said this shit was exclusive. Yeah okay
IMG

xcrement5x

At the thrift they had some funky stuff out in the game case over the last week so I grabbed some bits. 

IMG
2015-02-25 Thrift Gaming Grabs by xcrement5x, on Flickr

The PS2 carry bag will be for holding my extra slim unit.  It looks official and is pretty nicely made with an embroidered logo on it.

The NES controller is an odd duck.  I thought it was a knockoff at first but looking closer it is called a Recoton and has decent build quality it seems like.  At first I thought it was a SMS controller with the cord coming out of the side, but it is straight for the NES, and instead of having turbo switches, the extra red buttons are just "turbo speed" buttons for A/B.  Works fine still despite having a bit of damage near the system connector.

The joystick for the Super Nintendo is from QuickShot and is called the Conqueror Turbo from what I can tell.  It actually takes AAA batteries in the bottom, I'm guessing to store the macros you can program into it.  Really pretty weird, the big dial with the buttons on it is rotatable too.

PLUUUSSSS THERE WAS THIS!

IMG
Hitachi CX-W520 CD &amp; Cassette Boombox by xcrement5x, on Flickr

I grabbed this awesome boombox last night for a good price and it looks soooo sweet.  This thing is huge with double-cassette decks, CD player, bass booster and headphones jack as well. 

I was a dummy and dropped the power cord leaving the thrift, but thankfully I called them up and they have held it for me to pick up this afternoon.  I wasn't able to test it without the power cord since I don't have like 10 D batteries lying around.

Genesis cart on the left and MVS cart on the right are to help show scale for the size of this thing! :D

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/26/2015, 01:50 PMIMG
Hitachi CX-W520 CD & Cassette Boombox by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Genesis cart on the left and MVS cart on the right are to help show scale for the size of this thing! :D
I like to do the same thing to show scale.

expect I do it with my weiner and use a tic tac and a GBA cart for refferance. :!:

bartre

/20150226_154441_zpswj6icu6z.jpg

I'm done!
I now have every US n64 game.
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob

Nice bartre!  Well done.

Operation Wolf and Heavy Unit both for PCE (loose) arrived today.

Mathius

Congrats, Matt! Now you also have the world's largest copy of Bust a Move.  :P

synbiosfan

Quote from: bartre on 02/26/2015, 05:18 PM/20150226_154441_zpswj6icu6z.jpg

I'm done!
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice!

Your one of the few (many???) who can use all of Sparky's N64 sticker sets :P

When did you decide F'it, I'm going for a complete set?

bartre

Quote from: synbiosfan on 02/26/2015, 08:12 PMNice!

I started working at a local game shop like 4 years ago.
back then, i could pick up 5-10 games for under $20, and somehow i ended up with ~100.
looked at the total list, said "f'it"

somehow i knew it would take me this long though - I really try not to buy off ebay so much.
got most of these locally or through forum deals.

Mathius

Quote from: bartre on 02/27/2015, 12:59 AM

back then, i could pick up 5-10 games for under $20, and somehow i ended up with ~100.

somehow i knew it would take me this long though - I really try not to buy off ebay so much.
Are you going to fill all those up with boxes next?

bartre

Quote from: Mathius on 02/27/2015, 01:16 AM
Quote from: bartre on 02/27/2015, 12:59 AM

Are you going to fill all those up with boxes next?
fuck no.
the thought of getting some of these games CIB is horrifying to my wallet.
that said, i have most of the valuable ones already.

herb

Congrats on the set. How much of it was found in the wild versus online?

bartre

Quote from: herb on 02/27/2015, 02:25 AMCongrats on the set. How much of it was found in the wild versus online?
no idea, honestly.
but come to think of it - i don't bother taking most of the stickers off.
i could get a rough estimate.

herb

When I did mine a few years ago it was about 50/50. Some stuff just never showed up in my area, like the Goemon games Regional rarity I assume.

esadajr

Quote from: bartre on 02/26/2015, 05:18 PM/20150226_154441_zpswj6icu6z.jpg
I'm done!
IMG
Gaming since 1985

xcrement5x

That is pretty epic man, congrats on finishing the set!

I actually have about 130 N64 games (I think, I don't have a spreadsheet) and was toying with trying to go for a full set about a year ago.  Prices on so many of the games are already a bit expensive in high double-to triple digits that I'm not sure if it's worth it.  At least the library is relatively small (compared to most systems), and it hasn't picked up full steam yet price-wise.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 02/27/2015, 09:59 AMThat is pretty epic man, congrats on finishing the set!

I actually have about 130 N64 games (I think, I don't have a spreadsheet) and was toying with trying to go for a full set about a year ago.  Prices on so many of the games are already a bit expensive in high double-to triple digits that I'm not sure if it's worth it.  At least the library is relatively small (compared to most systems), and it hasn't picked up full steam yet price-wise.
Just wait, it's getting there.  Everyone from my generation is going "zomg look, a game I don't have to update every time I wanna play, also Mario" and snatching up all the n64 shit.  Hell, even my 12-year-old brother claims that it's his favorite system, though he seems to be spending more time with the snes lately. 

Honestly though, the day N64 games start going up high like SNES stuff is the day I buy flash carts & get out of collecting
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

MotherGunner

Latest random haul.  May end up getting rid of some of these.

IMG
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

bob

Quote from: MotherGunner on 02/27/2015, 05:45 PMLatest random haul.  May end up getting rid of some of these.

IMG
Let me know if getting rid of basketball.

Jinxed

So i picked up a game lot, they were delivered a couple of days ago.
super happy as i got a few games i would not normally be able to afford.

IMG
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Famicom New Ghostbusters II

Been looking for this forever!
/10914621_920300458003500_2115659153_n.jpg

Super Famicom Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, it's a RPG, playing on my Retron 5 in English
/10499073_1434911006799547_75712055_n.jpg