The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

I tired playing Jojo's translated on my SD2SNES and honestly I thought it was a bit horrid. But it's so damn weird that everyone should at least check it out for themselves.

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: Jinxed on 02/27/2015, 10:24 PMSo i picked up a game lot, they were delivered a couple of days ago.
super happy as i got a few games i would not normally be able to afford.

IMG

IMG
all that obey goodness 💖💖💖

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 02/28/2015, 05:49 AMFamicom New Ghostbusters II

Been looking for this forever!
IMG

Super Famicom Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, it's a RPG, playing on my Retron 5 in English
IMG
Is that ghost busters game playable as an import or getting the UK English Verson a better pick?

JapanTokei

oh WOW!  That's one nice lot you picked up!!  how much was it in its entirety + shipping just curious?  Congrats on getting a Coryoon :)

Quote from: Jinxed on 02/27/2015, 10:24 PMSo i picked up a game lot, they were delivered a couple of days ago.

IMG

IMG

Jinxed

Quote from: JapanTokei on 03/01/2015, 05:14 AMoh WOW!  That's one nice lot you picked up!!  how much was it in its entirety + shipping just curious?  Congrats on getting a Coryoon :)
I paid $650 canadian shipped from ebay, tough putting up that much money but worth it i think. I got 75 hu-cards in total, all decent games with no doubles.
And the guy put some japanese candies in the box too!
Im a happy chap :)

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: MotherGunner on 02/27/2015, 05:45 PMLatest random haul.  May end up getting rid of some of these.

IMG
id be interested in columns if youre looking to get rid of it

richc

IMG

IMG
That is so awesome.  Always wanted to play Coryoon but can't do that price tag.  Maybe one day.

poponon

what a beaut.  I gotta get myself a game lot like that, looks like a lot of fun.

Also that toilet kids!!!  I want it

BlueBMW

Everdrive folks... Everdrive :)

You can play Coryoon and Toilet Kids all you want then.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

xcrement5x

IMG
2015-03-02 Forum Pickups by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Genesis:
Virtua Racing & Pocahontas

Gamecube:
Burnout, Odama, Finding Nemo, & LOTR: Two Towers

Picked these up off forum from Desh. Gamecube games were cheapies, I really needed new cases for several games so I'm pretty happy to have donors now.  I've been looking for CIB copies of Virtua Racing and Pocahontas for awhile too!  Pocahontas is the one I really want to play as it is a late release game that looks pretty neat.

I also got Yo Bro for the TurboGrafx 16 which I won in a raffle, yay!  Now I have a new game to play, plus amazingly another TurboGrafx game I own with a box.  Thank you again to cjameslv for being a cool dude and raffling this complete copy.  I have scanned the poster but don't know where to host it.  Ideas are appreciated, it's about 14MB in size.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/02/2015, 01:21 PMEverdrive folks... Everdrive :)

You can play Coryoon and Toilet Kids all you want then.
This.

Or become good friends with Chop.

PunkCryborg

richc

Mailman was my friend today.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425346523.425181.jpg

cr8zykuban0

some awesome stuff i recently got.
this pic was all from a friend from japan. very happy to get these especially virtual pro wrestling 64
IMG

my awesome local game store finds, some imports in the box as well as a much needed box and manual only of the original xbox system
IMG

esadajr

I never get tired of looking at those super famicom boxes.

Yossy Island is easily the best platformer on the super famicom, everything is great about it, controls, graphics, play mechanics, enemies, music, you name it.
Gaming since 1985

PCEngineHell

Quote from: esadajr on 03/03/2015, 10:44 AMI never get tired of looking at those super famicom boxes.

Yossy Island is easily the best platformer on the super famicom, everything is great about it, controls, graphics, play mechanics, enemies, music, you name it.
Funny you mention that. I picked it up too over the xmas season. Running the Snes through the GBS 8200, that game looks amazing.

poponon

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 03/03/2015, 03:29 AMsome awesome stuff i recently got.
this pic was all from a friend from japan. very happy to get these especially virtual pro wrestling 64
IMG
Though i have not been able to enjoy the game - the box art for yoshi's island sfc looks great!

cr8zykuban0

thanks guys. i love how the cart looks. the game itself is a classic!

just proves the japanese usually beats us in game art design!

Jinxed

The super famicom had the best game boxes, they look awesome!

Mathius

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 03/03/2015, 11:02 AM
Quote from: esadajr on 03/03/2015, 10:44 AMI never get tired of looking at those super famicom boxes.

Funny you mention that. I picked it up too over the xmas season. Running the Snes through the GBS 8200, that game looks amazing.
What is a GBS 8200? Some kind of PVM?

poponon

Quote from: Mathius on 03/03/2015, 08:33 PMWhat is a GBS 8200? Some kind of PVM?
I'm pretty sure its a video transcoder/upscaler to VGA.

Opethian

IMG

NecroPhile

A copy of Vajra came in the mail yesterday.  Now I have a complete collection of something - all the US TG-16 LaserActive games!

Yep, all three of them.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

Go Necro!  Complete US LD-ROMROM collection!

Slow boat finally came in for me and I wanted to share right away some goodies I got, new PC-FX stuff!!!

IMG
Japan Imports - PC-FX by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Angelique Special
Angelique Special 2
Voice Paradise
Aaa! Megami-Sama (Oh! My Goddess)
Rolfee Book; Volume 1

Lots of random goodies! The big thing I wasn't sure about was this Rolfee Book!  There are lots of pre-production sketches of Rolfee in the first half, in the middle there are 3 color sheets with a Rolfee and dress up clothes that can be cut out, then the back half is interviews with developers about various SCD and PC-FX games plus a few more sketches.  Such a cool and random little find!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Mathius on 03/03/2015, 08:33 PM

Like they said, its a converter/upscaler of sorts. Running RGB out of the Snes Mini into it. It converts it to VGA. Here are some pics. Not the best representation of the quality though, as my camera has issues taking images off the monitor.

/2015-03-04%2019.56.49_zpsw7i0zoby.jpg

cr8zykuban0

that's some good picture quality nonetheless!

Mathius

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 03/04/2015, 09:17 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 03/03/2015, 08:33 PM

Like they said, its a converter/upscaler of sorts. Running RGB out of the Snes Mini into it. It converts it to VGA. Here are some pics. Not the best representation of the quality though, as my camera has issues taking images off the monitor.
I'm guessing this is a modded SNES mini?
--DragonmasterDan

esadajr

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 03/04/2015, 10:31 PMthat's some good picture quality nonetheless!
Looks awesome.

I'm assuming one could also use it with an old PC so there is no need for a CGA/EGA monitor.
Gaming since 1985

PCEngineHell

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 03/05/2015, 07:37 AMI'm guessing this is a modded SNES mini?
Yeah. Mini modded for RGB and Svideo.

Quote from: esadajr on 03/05/2015, 08:34 AMLooks awesome.

I'm assuming one could also use it with an old PC so there is no need for a CGA/EGA monitor.
The GBS 8200 converts RGB and component video to normal VGA output with support for 640x480 on up to 1360x768 resolutions. So basically yeah, all you need is a old VGA monitor or a modern LCD that accepts VGA input. Some stuff you use on it may need a sync stripper/cleaner added, but the Snes mini worked fine right from the get go for me.

richc

Finally back in the game.  Dunno how my fiancée picked out Super Star Solider, but not going to complain.  Waiting on Broken's rgb amp and the obey chip to get this fully modded up.

/B573B880-D5E9-4C3E-B44E-B60F597A2401_zpseqtv42t1.jpg

HailingTheThings

Quote from: richc on 03/05/2015, 01:36 PMFinally back in the game.  Dunno how my fiancée picked out Super Star Solider, but not going to complain.  Waiting on Broken's rgb amp and the obey chip to get this fully modded up.

/B573B880-D5E9-4C3E-B44E-B60F597A2401_zpseqtv42t1.jpg
Darth Dark Vadar watchin' DVDs with his new fader... And may the force be witchu.

#KoolKeith
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/28/2015, 03:53 PM

/10914621_920300458003500_2115659153_n.jpg

Super Famicom Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, it's a RPG, playing on my Retron 5 in English
/10499073_1434911006799547_75712055_n.jpg
Is that ghost busters game playable as an import or getting the UK English Verson a better pick?
No reading required.

Even if it was, don't let that stop you.

If you got the UK version (assuming you live in NTSC territory) it'll be prolly screwed up anyway

BlueBMW

Sort of game related....

Upped my game on repairing stuff and got some more serious tools:

/dathakko_zpshgqmusep.jpg
/scope_zpsv9afrppu.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

cjameslv

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/06/2015, 12:23 PMSort of game related....

Upped my game on repairing stuff and got some more serious tools:

/dathakko_zpshgqmusep.jpg
/scope_zpsv9afrppu.jpg
Very nice hp. It reminds me of my old tektronix. I don't use it much anymore since i got a handheld scope nowdays.

BlueBMW

I bought as untested and took a chance.  A little fiddling and reading the manual and I was able to view the test signal there.  Seems to work great.  I have no idea how old it is though.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 03/06/2015, 11:16 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/28/2015, 03:53 PM

/10914621_920300458003500_2115659153_n.jpg

/10499073_1434911006799547_75712055_n.jpg
No reading required.

Even if it was, don't let that stop you.

If you got the UK version (assuming you live in NTSC territory) it'll be prolly screwed up anyway
I had thought there was only hheUK verson.

Oddly the Famicom verson is more expensive then the UK PAL verson of the game.

Weird.

I'll probably prefer the Famicom verson as my import NES games are all only Famicom and oddly all CIB.

But man. Ebay seller asking $200 and more for a CIB copy. Dang.

Mathius

Beemer, get Pong running on that thing and I'll be impressed.

cjameslv

Quote from: Mathius on 03/06/2015, 08:15 PMBeemer, get Pong running on that thing and I'll be impressed.
Then it would be a vectrex lol

BlueBMW

Honestly I thought of the vectrex when I saw the glow of the ooscilloscopes line.

bob

Medic_wheat

ToyMachine78

Damn that's like finding gold.

VenomMacbeth

Jeez, and I happily payed $30 for my copy.  Congrats!
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Mathius

I picked up my CIC copy not too long ago for nearly that same price. I scoffed at the one I saw for sale last year at MGC. They wanted over $100 for it.

vmorr

When it comes to video game stuff, the Value Villages in my area will take the average sky high eBay buy-it-now price and add $10 or $20 to it. I've completely given up on thrift stores, it's ridiculous.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Mathius on 03/07/2015, 08:20 PMI picked up my CIC copy not too long ago for nearly that same price. I scoffed at the one I saw for sale last year at MGC. They wanted over $100 for it.
It is one of those games that if I find for like $20 ish I'll buy but not more as I have the vastly superior IMO TG-16 working designs version.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

bob

lol...cart and manual are MINT

Bloufo

Got this for just over $30 recently.
The cart games are all complete.

/2mxe6uv.jpg

BTW, and this is completely off-topic,
gotta love that funeral music from that vid that greets me whenever I visit the main page of this site.
Just the right amount of sombre. IMG  :lol: