10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cr8zykuban0

damn sick find galam.

bloufo, nice fins on the genesis stuff. are those 2 cart on the upper right converters to play japanese games?

Bloufo

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 03/08/2015, 01:10 PMare those 2 cart on the upper right converters to play japanese games?
Yep.
One of them has DIP switches on the back for "USA/Japan/Brazil/PAL & French Secam"

LostFlunky

Quote from: vmorr on 03/07/2015, 11:47 PMWhen it comes to video game stuff, the Value Villages in my area will take the average sky high eBay buy-it-now price and add $10 or $20 to it. I've completely given up on thrift stores, it's ridiculous.
Same here - I am sick of the $90 Legend of Zelda cartridges...

esteban

I rarely post here because I hate this thread. But, because I want to spam the photo I just took, I will compromise my principles.

IMG

Thank you, Venom Macbeth!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: esteban on 03/08/2015, 05:32 PMI rarely post here because I hate this thread. But, because I want to spam the photo I just took, I will compromise my principles.

IMG

Principles?  Never heard of that.

Mathius

Oh come on, Esty. Not everyone in this thread is out to just show off their collection (read: investments)

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 03/08/2015, 09:31 PMOh come on, Esty. Not everyone in this thread is out to just show off their collection (read: investments)
:)

No, that's not what I meant. I meant that no real discussion occurs here. Well, not the kind of discussion that I like to read about.

But, this is, in fact, one of the busiest threads...making the lack of discussion even more heartbreaking.

To be fair, though, this isn't the best thread to discuss playing the games/first impressions...it makes sense to have this thread (for its stated purpose).

:)

TR0N

Quote from: esteban on 03/08/2015, 05:32 PMI rarely post here because I hate this thread. But, because I want to spam the photo I just took, I will compromise my principles.

IMG

Congrats is it a original or reproduction ? Just asking since original copies of panaorama cotton,go's for allot these days.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

Is that a repro? I've never seen a Cotton that looks like that.

JapanTokei

Joe, it is Panorama Cotton.  Legit one, pretty rare, it also comes with a mug too in some special cases (those who mailed in coupons for redemption).  Think Space Harrier but with Cotton characters.

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/09/2015, 03:36 AMIs that a repro? I've never seen a Cotton that looks like that.

VenomMacbeth

Nope, it's a Chinese pirate cart.  Esteban won it from me fair & square. :)
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

xcrement5x

IMG
2015-03-06 Japan Stuff by xcrement5x, on Flickr

I picked up a handful of audio CDs from Japan, nothing too amazing or outrageous but fun to listen to and cheap.  The loose CDs in the center were actually found inside Saturn units I had bought!  Free games are always a nice bonus!

Audio CDs:
Da Capo (WOODSOFT Doujin Album, Anime Remixes)
Tiny Treasures (WOODSOFT Doujin Album, Falcom Remixes)
TAKAHASHI! (WOODSOFT Doujin Album, PCE Remixes)
Minami Shoko - Feena (Falcom Album, Various Openings/Endings and other vocal tracks)

Saturn Games:
Puyo Puyo 2
Final Romance 2
Puzzle Bobble 2

Then my finds at the thrift recently...

IMG
2015-03-06 Thrift Store Finds (mainly) by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Point Blank 3 Bundle Complete with Guncon [PS1]
Toughman Contest [Genesis]
Cycops (Vols 1-3, Complete)
2X Cassette Tapes @ 25 cents each

Saturn Link Cable (from Japan, not thrift)

Lots of misc bits that grabbed my eye over the last week.  The Cycops comics looks cool in a cyberpunk sort of way, I've yet to read through them though. 

The big thing I was super excited to find was that big box version of Point Blank 3 though!  I love the Guncon games and have the bundle version of Time Crisis from back in the day but find this was a super lucky score, they were just putting it in the case and I snagged it. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

InfraMan

IMG

Panorama Cotton is a beautiful game. Hard as beans, though. :P

Medic_wheat

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
Found Mm1, 4, & 6 at the flea market awe yeah.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Also found this CD skinny thingy at the flea market. $3 yo!

EvilEvoIX

Props for Shining Force, expensive Sega CD game that I own and have ZERO patience to play.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 03/10/2015, 01:50 PMAlso found this cd skinny thingy at the flea market. $3 yo!
Must be a lot easier to walk now with such a light wallet

NecroPhile

IMG

What's that FEKA agent doing amongst the OBEY?  Is trying to infiltrate and learn the secret of not being brown?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

cr8zykuban0

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 03/10/2015, 05:35 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 03/10/2015, 01:50 PMAlso found this cd skinny thingy at the flea market. $3 yo!
Must be a lot easier to walk now with such a light wallet
Without that $3 I lost my pimp walk

PimpKramer.webp

HailingTheThings

^ That guy behind the K-man looks so happy. lol
IMG

Joe Redifer

Quote from: JapanTokei on 03/09/2015, 06:07 AMJoe, it is Panorama Cotton.  Legit one, pretty rare, it also comes with a mug too in some special cases (those who mailed in coupons for redemption).  Think Space Harrier but with Cotton characters.
Yeah I own the game, but the cartridge shape is different. But the one pictured is an illegal Chinese pirate cart which only criminals own. Chinese bootlegs ARE repros, after all. And this forum says repros of any kind are bad. And evil. And destroy the community. And perhaps the world!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/11/2015, 03:25 PM
Quote from: JapanTokei on 03/09/2015, 06:07 AMJoe, it is Panorama Cotton.  Legit one, pretty rare, it also comes with a mug too in some special cases (those who mailed in coupons for redemption).  Think Space Harrier but with Cotton characters.
Yeah I own the game, but the cartridge shape is different. But the one pictured is an illegal Chinese pirate cart which only criminals own. Chinese bootlegs ARE repros, after all. And this forum says repros of any kind are bad. And evil. And destroy the community. And perhaps the world!
Oh the shame Esteban! I can never look at you the same.

bartre

Mathius

^^Have fun in Hong Kong, Matt. Tell Ryo I said Hi. Oh and watch out for thieves.

TR0N

Quote from: bartre on 03/11/2015, 07:58 PMIT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME.

IMG
Have fun but be disappointed in the fact there's no part three still  ](*,)
IMG

PunkCryborg

Hey guys here's a pic I took of my new games
IMG

SuperDeadite

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 03/12/2015, 07:49 PMHey guys here's a pic I took of my new games
IMG
LOL, dude you should at least add some bad photoshop effects to that first.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

PunkCryborg

esteban

TR0N

P4PA_zpsblbd6kki.png
HCF4_zpstub7cgvt.png
mdg_zpsnrubudkn.png
IMG

esadajr

This: IMG_20150314_153606.jpg
Gaming since 1985

jeffhlewis

Point Blank 3 big box at a Thrift store? FML - I don't know what the hell thrift stores you guys are going to but if I find anything better than Madden 05 for PS2 at my local Goodwill, it's a Christmas miracle.

My last "find' was Silent Scope 2 for PS2, heh.

Bloufo

Medic_wheat

Okay so someon went a little Ps crazy even with some import UK and JP editions it seems.

Bloufo

In my defense those were acquired over a period of about a month or so.
So technically not as per the thread title "what did you buy today".  :P

xcrement5x

Quote from: TR0N on 03/15/2015, 07:39 AM/mdg_zpsnrubudkn.png
I love the JP Gaires artwork, it's so much better than the US version.

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 03/15/2015, 10:43 PMPoint Blank 3 big box at a Thrift store? FML - I don't know what the hell thrift stores you guys are going to but if I find anything better than Madden 05 for PS2 at my local Goodwill, it's a Christmas miracle.

I got really lucky on that one.  I hit this particular thrift a couple times a week so despite regular turnover some of employees know me pretty well.  I was actually already in line to check out when a guy came out with a new box of stuff to put in the case and another employee told me about it so I scooted back over to the display case.  There were also a number of PS2 games (nothing really good or that I didn't already want and own) and a Phat PS2 with network adapter/cords but I have like 3 PS2s already and do not need more in my life.

EDIT!  SOME STUFF SHOWED UP AT WORK TODAY!

IMG
Sorcery Saga and Awakened Fate Ultimatum Limited Editions by xcrement5x, on Flickr

The Sorcery Saga [Vita] LE I just got in from Amazon and the back of it is crushed pretty badly.  Debating whether or not to complain to Amazon about it since it finally dropped in price again and I grabbed it relatively cheap. 

The Awakened Fate Ultimatum - Ultimate Fate Edition [PS3] is from NIS America again.  They've been releasing a glut of stuff recently which is nice but my poor wallet is like uggggh.  Supposedly they had manufacturing issues with an additional coin that was to be included with the LE, they told me to expect it in a couple more weeks. 

IMG
Yamatoku Pickups by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Kai Serd [PCE]
BattleCorps [Mega-CD]

Famicom:
Ninja JaJaMaru-kun
Donkey Kong
Baltron
Goonies 1
Hector '87 Branded Hudson Famicom Controller

Gameboy/Color Games:
Cooking Game?
Hunter X Hunter
Chou Majin Eiyuuden Wataru: Mazekko Monster
Doraemon Games 1 & 2
Muteki-Oh Tri-Zenon
Kirby's Dreamland 1 & 2
Random GBA Game?

So I originally won a single thing from Yamatoku, then I decided to throw out low bids for several other things I was remotely interested in that he was selling in the hopes of bundling together cheaply.  I went SAL since I knew it would all be under 2kg and it just showed up today!  This will definitely keep me busy for awhile, that's for sure. 

The Hector '87 controller was the weirdest thing, I couldn't find too much about it, but it has turbos so it must be awesome. 

Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 03/15/2015, 10:43 PMPoint Blank 3 big box at a Thrift store? FML - I don't know what the hell thrift stores you guys are going to but if I find anything better than Madden 05 for PS2 at my local Goodwill, it's a Christmas miracle.

I generally don't just go to one thrift store but make a run of 4 or 5 once a week or so. I also look for things outside of gaming, so shelving, furniture, random other gadgets. If you just occasionally hit your local goodwill you're gonna have a bad time. But if you hit a few thrifts on a semi-regular basis you can have good luck.

My last good gaming related thrift find was a 10.00 broken Japanese PS2. The motor on it is weak, but after some tweaking from Chop5 it's fully operational
--DragonmasterDan

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 03/16/2015, 02:14 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 03/15/2015, 07:39 AM/mdg_zpsnrubudkn.png
I love the JP Gaires artwork, it's so much better than the US version.

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 03/15/2015, 10:43 PMMy last "find' was Silent Scope 2 for PS2, heh.
I got really lucky on that one.  I hit this particular thrift a couple times a week so despite regular turnover some of employees know me pretty well.  I was actually already in line to check out when a guy came out with a new box of stuff to put in the case and another employee told me about it so I scooted back over to the display case.  There were also a number of PS2 games (nothing really good or that I didn't already want and own) and a Phat PS2 with network adapter/cords but I have like 3 PS2s already and do not need more in my life.

EDIT!  SOME STUFF SHOWED UP AT WORK TODAY!

The Awakened Fate Ultimatum - Ultimate Fate Edition [PS3] is from NIS America again.  They've been releasing a glut of stuff recently which is nice but my poor wallet is like uggggh.  Supposedly they had manufacturing issues with an additional coin that was to be included with the LE, they told me to expect it in a couple more weeks.
Yeah the JPN cover art for gaiares is definitely better,then the u.s one.I did want the u.s version but it's price jumped so i imported the jpn version instead.
IMG

NecroPhile

I got this pile of PC-FX goodies last Friday.  The bulk of it came from eBay for $511 shipped, with the BMP as a surprise bonus not mentioned in the auction description, and the duplicate copies of Ah! My Goddess and Voice Paradise were bought from xele before I knew about the big lot.

IMG

Jewel cases from left to right: Last Imperial Prince, Ah! My Goddess, Zoku Hatukoi Monogatari, Blue Breaker, Classmates 2, Zeroigar, Ruruli Ra Rura, Welcome to Pia Carrot, Megami Paradise II, Chip Chan Kick!, and Ah! My Goddess.
Clamshells from top to bottom: Voice Paradise, Battle Heat, Yuna FX, JB Harold - Blue Chicago Blues, Der Langrisser FX, Return to Zork, Voice Paradise, and Zenki.

Opethian

bonasu BMP card like a boss !
IMG

xcrement5x

Dat PC-FX is a beautiful thang.

MrFlutterPie

/pydajqA.jpg

My five dollar deals! :mrgreen:

Mathius

^^Nice haul, Necro! I still haven't gotten on the PC-FX bandwagon.

SamIAm

Zenki, Zeroigar and the system alone would have been a decent deal. All that other stuff on top makes it actually a very good deal. Nice work!

PunkCryborg

This adapter will allow me to use the X68000 cyberstick with my pc engine. With another adapter I will be able to use that Capcom stick with my pc engine as well  :D
IMG

BlueBMW

Got this in a trade....

/shap_zpsxquydvxb.jpg

Also picked up some Laseractive hardware and some Sega CD games.  Yippee! :/
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Welcome to the FDS club! What games did you get, Beemer? Does the drive work?

Opethian

IMG

Opethian

IMG

NecroPhile

I like how prominently they feature the fresh baked bun, as if anyone gives a fuck about bread compared to the jalapeno poppers and bacon.