OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fidde_se

Buster Bros and the Atari Lynx battery pack both still unopened, that's very rare on this side of the ocean...

IMG
GW/GB/GBP/GBL/GBC/GBA/GBASP/GBASP2/GBM/DS/DSL/DSiXL/3DS/PM/VB/FC/NES/SNES/N64/GC/Wii/PS/PSONE/PS2/PS2S/
SMS/SMS2/GG/NOM/MD/MD2/MD3/MD1CD/SS/DC/XB/XB360/NGP/NGPC/NGPC2/WS/WSC/CSW/PCEGT/PCE/PCECG1/PCECG2/
PCECD/TG16TE/NGAGE/GIZ/GP32/GP2XF1/GP2XF2/GP2XWIZ/GP2XCAN/DA320/ST520/ST1040/LNX/LNX2/JAG/PORT/CD32/A500/
C64/CDi/VMU/POCKSTN/PSP/PSPCFW/FDS/VSM

munchiaz

Recent pick ups.

This collection is great, and once i discovered it was a thing i had to pick it up

IMG

A friend of mine that works at Barnes and Noble got these for me. Saved me like $50

IMG

One of the Mother's day gifts i got for my Mommy

IMG

shonenx

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/12/2015, 02:36 PMRecent pick ups.

This collection is great, and once i discovered it was a thing i had to pick it up

IMG

A friend of mine that works at Barnes and Noble got these for me. Saved me like $50

IMG

One of the Mother's day gifts i got for my Mommy

IMG
How does the Sega Collection play on the 3DS ? I was wanting to try it as I would love to play Space Harrier.
You're Already Dead !!!

jtucci31

Quote from: shonenx on 05/12/2015, 04:58 PMHow does the Sega Collection play on the 3DS ? I was wanting to try it as I would love to play Space Harrier.
I recently just bought OutRun 3D from the eShop. I'm having a lot of fun with that, wish that cartridge came out in NA because I'd like to try Fantasy Zone 3D too. Oh well.

Finally got a PVM today! Picked it up on Craigslist. So far I can only use the S-video and composite, but even that looks fantastic. Can't wait until I can get my hands on a SCART to BNC cable to enjoy the RGB on my Duo R.
IMG

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 05/12/2015, 05:06 PM
Quote from: shonenx on 05/12/2015, 04:58 PMHow does the Sega Collection play on the 3DS ? I was wanting to try it as I would love to play Space Harrier.
I recently just bought OutRun 3D from the eShop. I'm having a lot of fun with that, wish that cartridge came out in NA because I'd like to try Fantasy Zone 3D too. Oh well.

Finally got a PVM today! Picked it up on Craigslist. So far I can only use the S-video and composite, but even that looks fantastic. Can't wait until I can get my hands on a SCART to BNC cable to enjoy the RGB on my Duo R.
IMG
Nice pickup tooch! You need a RGB cable for that Saturn!!!

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 05/12/2015, 05:28 PMNice pickup tooch! You need a RGB cable for that Saturn!!!
Oh absolutely! It's on my summer to-do list, that's for sure.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 05/12/2015, 07:10 PMOh absolutely! It's on my summer to-do list, that's for sure.
How does the PVM look using the systems you've hooked up so far?
--DragonmasterDan

tknjin

that is looking pretty frickin sweet jtucci31.  I can't wait for my duo R to come in with its upgraded RGB goodness.  I have some pc engine stuff to play on it, and miss it too

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 05/12/2015, 05:06 PM

/6tg4td.jpg
Congrats now you're part of the sony pvm club,for which i'm not a part of still  :oops:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

CPTBadAss

I picked up Super Bonk and Super Bonk 2 off eBay for a steal :). Getting a Turbo has fed my addiction for Bonk games. They're so fun and so cute!
Maximum Output. Activate the pit.

Mathius

Quote from: CPTBadAss on 05/13/2015, 09:15 AMI picked up Super Bonk and Super Bonk 2 off eBay for a steal :). Getting a Turbo has fed my addiction for Bonk games. They're so fun and so cute!
Super Bonk 2 is a blast!

munchiaz

Quote from: shonenx on 05/12/2015, 04:58 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 05/12/2015, 02:36 PMRecent pick ups.

IMG
How does the Sega Collection play on the 3DS ? I was wanting to try it as I would love to play Space Harrier.
I have yet to play it yet. Been to busy playing bloodborne. But ill report back once i get a chance to try them out

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 05/13/2015, 02:44 PMSuper Bonk 2 is a blast!
Air Zonk is a blast, Super Bonk 2 is a bash
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 05/13/2015, 04:59 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 05/13/2015, 02:44 PMSuper Bonk 2 is a blast!
Air Zonk is a blast, Super Bonk 2 is a bash
That would make Adventure a smash and Revenge a crash.

VenomMacbeth

IMG

Traded in some poop & finally got a copy of Brain Lord, an opportunity to relive a childhood memory (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle) as well as that of a friend's (Wind Waker).

The Super Metroid is my old copy which my friend just dug up from his closet, after several years.  Thought I'd show 'er off, even if she's nothin' special.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

InfraMan

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 05/13/2015, 10:23 PMTraded in some poop & finally got a copy of Brain Lord, an opportunity to relive a childhood memory (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle) as well as that of a friend's (Wind Waker).
Awesome, I love Brain Lord! It never seems to get much attention, but I think it's a great mix of puzzles and action RPG goodness... a little on the short side, though.

Wind Waker is great too, but I can't go back to the GC original after playing through the recent (excellent) Wii U remaster. 8)

esteban

Quote from: InfraMan on 05/14/2015, 08:19 AM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 05/13/2015, 10:23 PMTraded in some poop & finally got a copy of Brain Lord, an opportunity to relive a childhood memory (Sonic Adventure 2 Battle) as well as that of a friend's (Wind Waker).
Awesome, I love Brain Lord! It never seems to get much attention, but I think it's a great mix of puzzles and action RPG goodness... a little on the short side, though.

Wind Waker is great too, but I can't go back to the GC original after playing through the recent (excellent) Wii U remaster. 8)
I am pretty sure I haven't played Brain Lord...I better add it to my list of games to play.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

VenomMacbeth

Esty, you need to play Shubibinman 2 first.  Drink the koolaid, dammit!

Inframan, that sounds nice, but Wind Waker on the Wii with component cables will just have to do for us broke folks. ;)
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

esteban

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 05/14/2015, 03:46 PMEsty, you need to play Shubibinman 2 first.  Drink the koolaid, dammit!
I need to play Shubibinman 1 & 2!!!  :)

I have beaten Shubibinman 3 many times because it is so easy.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mathius

I had to pay the $6 and get Thunder Blade for my 3DS. It's my fave arcade game of all time. :D

Joe Redifer

Is that out? Now I need to check. Of course first I need to dust off and charge my 3DS.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/15/2015, 12:24 AMIs that out? Now I need to check. Of course first I need to dust off and charge my 3DS.
Have fun! Having a circle pad pro makes things even cooler since it allows for throttle control.

xcrement5x

IMG
2015-05-15 Class of Heroes 2G and Retro City Rampage by xcrement5x, on Flickr

After learning that a vendor was selling copies of Class of Heroes 2G and all of them were the A variant I was missing, I had to pick up a copy from them.  The number on the sticker is 2551, so very close to the end of the run I think.  I'm guessing they got the tail end of all the stock.  The cost was more than the original pre-order price, but I finally have an A disc variant, so that makes all three!  Woohoo!  I am not going to worry about the stickers variants right now :|

I also got a copy of Retro City Rampage for the Vita.  This was a limited release with only 3300 copies made and it's already completely sold out through Fangamer.  Here's hoping they are able to get other indie devs on board for making physical copies of previously digital only releases. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

jtucci31

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/15/2015, 12:24 AMIs that out? Now I need to check. Of course first I need to dust off and charge my 3DS.
Is this out in NA? Or do you just have a JP 3DS to import stuff?

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 05/15/2015, 06:43 PM
Is this out in NA? Or do you just have a JP 3DS to import stuff?
Just released in NA :)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 05/15/2015, 05:45 PMIMG
2015-05-15 Class of Heroes 2G and Retro City Rampage

After learning that a vendor was selling copies of Class of Heroes 2G and all of them were the A variant I was missing, I had to pick up a copy from them.  The number on the sticker is 2551, so very close to the end of the run I think.  I'm guessing they got the tail end of all the stock.  The cost was more than the original pre-order price, but I finally have an A disc variant, so that makes all three!  Woohoo!  I am not going to worry about the stickers variants right now :|

I also got a copy of Retro City Rampage for the Vita.  This was a limited release with only 3300 copies made and it's already completely sold out through Fangamer.  Here's hoping they are able to get other indie devs on board for making physical copies of previously digital only releases.
Wait. Variants?  Sticker variants?

Clue me in here boss

vmorr

Quote from: guest on 05/15/2015, 05:45 PMI also got a copy of Retro City Rampage for the Vita.  This was a limited release with only 3300 copies made and it's already completely sold out through Fangamer.  Here's hoping they are able to get other indie devs on board for making physical copies of previously digital only releases.
I've been tempted to pick up a copy of that through eBay but not sure if I wanna drop the $$$....................... :-k

Medic_wheat

Seems there was a printing for the Vita and PS4

Wonder if it matters which there is to get.

Looks like the vita is the cheapest at around $45. Eh. Maybe.

vmorr

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/15/2015, 08:02 PMSeems there was a printing for the Vita and PS4

Wonder if it matters which there is to get.

Looks like the vita is the cheapest at around $45. Eh. Maybe.
I like the art on the Vita cover more and it seems like a good game for a portable. The PS4 version was more limited but I managed to grab a 20th anniversary PS4 and its staying sealed in the box until some decent RPGs are released.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/15/2015, 07:27 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/15/2015, 05:45 PMIMG
2015-05-15 Class of Heroes 2G and Retro City Rampage by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Wait. Variants?  Sticker variants?

Clue me in here boss
When Vic released the game there were three different disc variants made, and in the manual there are 1 of three different sticker sets included (I have yet to update my Flickr image with the last variant).  I am a regular on the Gaijinworks forums so I put together the image below when we were figuring out all the variants that existed.  Supposedly there is a bonus Vic has hidden in some copies as well but that has yet to be revealed.

IMG
Class of Heroes 2G Variant List by xcrement5x, on Flickr
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

TR0N

IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: TR0N on 05/16/2015, 02:14 AMIMG
I picked up Sparkster fairly recently as well (US version though). Awesome game!
--DragonmasterDan

TR0N

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 05/17/2015, 05:44 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 05/16/2015, 02:14 AMIMG
I picked up Sparkster fairly recently as well (US version though). Awesome game!
I was shocked to see how much a snes sparkster go's for now,so i bought the sfc one instead.
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: TR0N on 05/17/2015, 05:51 AMI was shocked to see how much a snes sparkster go's for now,so i bought the sfc one instead.
Amazon was considerably cheaper than ebay for it.
--DragonmasterDan

Jinxed

Got my hands on a lynx today, i payed $45cad.
It came with electro cop which is ok, I plan to pick up gauntlet and california games in the near future.
I was to poor to own one back in the day so im glad to finally have one :)

IMG

Medic_wheat

Looks at copy of Class of Heros
Oh I got A

The disk art for C looks cooler to me

Well at lest it wasn't B. That one looks fugly.

Flare65

Quote from: Jinxed on 05/17/2015, 10:09 PMGot my hands on a lynx today, i payed $45cad.
It came with electro cop which is ok, I plan to pick up gauntlet and california games in the near future.
I was to poor to own one back in the day so im glad to finally have one :)

IMG
One of my favorite handhelds back in the day.  And it seems that the games for it are very reasonably priced.  Try hunting down Warbirds and Gates of Zendicon!  I spent a lot of time playing those back in the day!

o.pwuaioc

I think Zaku can still be bought. If so, definitely worth tracking down.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 05/18/2015, 01:17 AMI think Zaku can still be bought. If so, definitely worth tracking down.
It's nice for a Lynx game, but I was expecting a slightly slower, scaled down Air Zonk and it didn't play nearly as well as I had hoped.
--DragonmasterDan

TR0N

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 05/17/2015, 06:19 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 05/17/2015, 05:51 AMI was shocked to see how much a snes sparkster go's for now,so i bought the sfc one instead.
Amazon was considerably cheaper than ebay for it.
I forgot to check amazon,though some times there prices are no better.Since all i have is a SFC it's simpler for me to buy that version instead.
IMG

Jinxed

QuoteOne of my favorite handhelds back in the day.  And it seems that the games for it are very reasonably priced.  Try hunting down Warbirds and Gates of Zendicon!  I spent a lot of time playing those back in the day!
Gates of zendicon, nice i could not remember the name of that one. i had friends with lynx's when i was younger and that's one of the games i used to play the shit out of.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Jinxed on 05/18/2015, 08:26 AMGates of zendicon, nice i could not remember the name of that one. i had friends with lynx's when i was younger and that's one of the games i used to play the shit out of.
The box for it is considerably bigger than the box for my other Lynx games. I'm not sure how many games came in those huge boxes.
--DragonmasterDan

cr8zykuban0

some nice stuff that came within the past week and the super fami bundle was from a local game store pickup for cheap and didnt pay anything for it due to store credit

IMG
IMG
IMG

xcrement5x

Are you making your own NES boxes or something?

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: guest on 05/18/2015, 05:30 PMAre you making your own NES boxes or something?
nah, i bought these off of uncletusk.com he makes boxes and manuals for repo/homebrew games and also for offically released games that never originally came with a box

jtucci31

Some stuff I've bought over the last month or so. Syphic hooked me up with the Dragon Slayer (no map, so if anyone has a PCE/Turbo map they want to get rid of, pm me :wink:). Then Null finally shipped this TGCD that I bought from him awhile ago. The shipping may have been slow, but well worth it. He even threw in the Bonk's Adventure box for me.

I now have the Turbo Trio (TGCD, Duo, TE). Maybe the LaserActive will be in my future someday. But so far I've been keeping plenty busy since my summer has started with the stuff I bought.

/2nkqc8n.jpg
/vqnvrd.jpg

cr8zykuban0

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 05/18/2015, 11:29 PMSome stuff I've bought over the last month or so. Syphic hooked me up with the Dragon Slayer (no map, so if anyone has a PCE/Turbo map they want to get rid of, pm me :wink:). Then Null finally shipped this TGCD that I bought from him awhile ago. The shipping may have been slow, but well worth it. He even threw in the Bonk's Adventure box for me.

I now have the Turbo Trio (TGCD, Duo, TE). Maybe the LaserActive will be in my future someday. But so far I've been keeping plenty busy since my summer has started with the stuff I bought.

/vqnvrd.jpg
The Hori six button pad is definitely a nice pickup.
--DragonmasterDan

tknjin

nice tg 16 stuff and saturn import stuff.  my 2 favorite consoles to collect for :D

I have been interested in getting that 6 button controller.  I do have have the avenue pad 6, but wouldn't mind owning that one as a 2nd player for fighting games n such