The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Game Sack

Started by Joe Redifer, 07/25/2011, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 07/21/2015, 02:58 PMI second more Craig Sadler! Or that robotic green face from CyberMorph. That would be epic.
YES. I love GreenLadyFace from CyberMorph. That's good stuff.

:)

If you ever played "BoxOut" on PC, you'll see why GreenLadyFace holds a special place in my heart.

I love disembodied heads taunting me.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BigusSchmuck

Joe, did I hear correctly you are going to be at PRGE this year? That would be sweet if you are..

Joe Redifer

Yes we'll be in Portland.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/22/2015, 12:16 AMYes we'll be in Portland.
Well another reason to go this year! Sweet.

technozombie

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/21/2015, 02:03 PM
Quote from: esteban on 07/19/2015, 08:18 PMPlease do some more episodes in the Craig Stadler vein. :)
Stadler was only briefly in his game segment and the ending. Maybe that's what we should have done here is just confine him to the end somehow because the ending worked pretty well.

Quote from: GentleGamerNext time, get Pat Contri.
Please, no.

Quote from: guestI think the show has a better chance of getting Pat Riley at this point
Hell yeah I'd have Pat Riley on. Make fun of his sweet basketball game.
While you're selecting Pats to be on your show just go straight for the man himself.
IMG

esteban

Pat Robertson is not welcome at home, even if he was bearing gifts of Magical Chase, Terra Cresta II, Coryoon, etc.

CrackTiger

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 07/21/2015, 10:08 PMJoe, did I hear correctly you are going to be at PRGE this year? That would be sweet if you are..
It is more likely than not that I will be there this year as well. I didn't realize it last year, but I missed it by a few days.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 07/24/2015, 09:05 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 07/21/2015, 10:08 PMJoe, did I hear correctly you are going to be at PRGE this year? That would be sweet if you are..
It is more likely than not that I will be there this year as well. I didn't realize it last year, but I missed it by a few days.
Nice.. I met up with Jibbajaba one year and we had a blast. Anyway, Gamesack at PRGE is freaking awesome.

esteban

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 07/24/2015, 10:25 PM
Nice.. I meat up with Jibbajaba one year and we had a blast. Anyway, Gamesack at PRGE is freaking awesome.
Meat. Gotcha!

JO CRYSTAL sessions, ahoy.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: esteban on 07/24/2015, 10:37 PM
Nice.. I meat up with Jibbajaba one year and we had a blast. Anyway, Gamesack at PRGE is freaking awesome.
Meat. Gotcha!

Argh stupid auto correct! That's something Craig Sadler would do!

esteban

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 07/24/2015, 10:47 PM
Quote from: esteban on 07/24/2015, 10:37 PM
Meat. Gotcha!

Argh stupid auto correct! That's something Craig Sadler would do!
Craig Stadler :)

But, we know Sadler (Exile, XZR) is a badass, too. :)

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 08/02/2015, 03:08 AM
Joe was far too nice with Ballistix.

I am curious, though, what is the demon-beast "referee" saying at the beginning of a match?

turboswimbz

Quote from: esteban on 08/02/2015, 04:25 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 08/02/2015, 03:08 AM
Joe was far too nice with Ballistix.

I am curious, though, what is the demon-beast "referee" saying at the beginning of a match?
"let the game commence"

also no kickball on the PC engine :(   I guess it's to comventional
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

sirhcman

Umm where is Windjammers? Crash n the Boys Street Challenge would have been nice also

EvilEvoIX

Yes Windjammers would have been great.  I have a soft sport for caveman games, I played it a lot as a kid.  Fun stuff.

Love those scan lines, I notice that they show the Genesis neatly and clearly hooked up Via SCART to Component.  Good move to keep the haters from hating again.

As always a great episode and makes me want to pick up the AES copy of Baseball 2020.  The worst thing about Baseball Video Games is fielding and this review shows that they got it right.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

esteban

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 08/02/2015, 11:07 AMYes Windjammers would have been great.  I have a soft sport for caveman games, I played it a lot as a kid.  Fun stuff.

Love those scan lines, I notice that they show the Genesis neatly and clearly hooked up Via SCART to Component.  Good move to keep the haters from hating again.

As always a great episode and makes me want to pick up the AES copy of Baseball 2020.  The worst thing about Baseball Video Games is fielding and this review shows that they got it right.
Baseball Stars on NES had great fielding, IMHO and should be the standard against which all others should be  judged.

THIS, I DECREE.

CGQuarterly

What's with the "REREZ" shirt?  Paid endorsement, or are you just a fan?  I'm not criticizing at all, just curious.

Joe Redifer

Shane and I are friends. He gave me a free shirt. A shirt that's too small. No paid endorsements. Just like Happy Console Gamer and others wear Game Sack shirts from time to time.

I agree Windjammers fits into this category, but we covered it very recently in our Data East episode.

Someone linked me the Amiga version of Ballistix and I could clearly hear him say "Let the Game Commence". I guess something was lost when they resampled it for the Turbo's sound chip.

Bloufo

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/02/2015, 03:39 PMShane and I are friends. He gave me a free shirt. A shirt that's too small.
It looked ok. It's not like you looked fat in it or anything. :p

turboswimbz

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/02/2015, 03:39 PMShane and I are friends. He gave me a free shirt. A shirt that's too small. No paid endorsements. Just like Happy Console Gamer and others wear Game Sack shirts from time to time.

I agree Windjammers fits into this category, but we covered it very recently in our Data East episode.

Someone linked me the Amiga version of Ballistix and I could clearly hear him say "Let the Game Commence". I guess something was lost when they resampled it for the Turbo's sound chip.
Not sure why, but although not super clear, but I hear it pretty well on my copy and system, You can at least make it out enough to know he says that.  Although I wonder why they kept it if it was garggled, game woulda been fine without it.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

CGQuarterly

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/02/2015, 03:39 PMShane and I are friends. He gave me a free shirt. A shirt that's too small. No paid endorsements. Just like Happy Console Gamer and others wear Game Sack shirts from time to time.
Cool, man.  Like I said, just curious.

Hey speaking of t-shirts, did you end up hooking up that "soiled panties" kid on twitter with a shirt, or what?  Hot yoga, man.  Hot yoga.

seieienbu

I always liked Basewars on the NES.  Robots playing baseball and if they get tagged out they fight instead.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

ClodBusted

Cool to see NBA Jam T.E., I spent a lot of time with it in 2-player-mode on the SNES.
The title music was so damn good, too bad there was no BGM during matches.

Does anybody still remember the announcers' scream for the "Rookies" team?

Dicer

No Cyberball, and no Jag mention for NBA-Jam TE (best version) The Sega hard on was throbbing in this episode...

And no Wind Jammers...UGH

esteban

Public Notice: 
WINDJAMMERS WAS ALREADY COVERED IN A RECENT EPISODE.

Duh.

Bloufo

Quote from: esteban on 08/03/2015, 02:39 AMPublic Notice: 
WINDJAMMERS WAS ALREADY COVERED IN A RECENT EPISODE.

Duh.
And NBA Jam TE 32X wasn't?  :wink:

Edit:
Aah I got you now. "recent episode". Well then, no. So I guess you're right.

munchiaz

another fun episode. Mutant league football was a great game as a child. Been so long since i played it.

BigusSchmuck

I was going to suggest Ballblazer, but then I realized that you guys don't own Atari systems. Good episode never the less.

captain_n77

Very fun episode. I like something off the wall like this that includes games that wouldn't usually fit into an episode. These types of games usually don't fit into most anyone's channel/vids. This probably won't be an episode that gets a ton of view, but I hope the Sack can continue to provide a good variety of themes as time goes by. It keeps things interesting and shines the light(good and bad) on games that are a bit off the radar.

And for Pete's sake people, Game Sack episodes are NOT ALL ENCOMPASSING. Ever noticed the Left in Japan ones are up to like six episodes now? They are all unique episodes. Six episodes, not one episode version 1.6. It seems some here are just busting balls by mimicking typical internet forum whiners, but I believe some are not mimicry.
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe"

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Dicer on 08/03/2015, 12:14 AMNo Cyberball, and no Jag mention for NBA-Jam TE (best version) The Sega hard on was throbbing in this episode...

UGH! OMG! What horrible people we are! Oh man I think I'm gonna roll my eyes SO HARD now! We have inconvenienced so many by not including certain games. Oh man we should just stahp the show! We've ruined lives!

Dicer

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/03/2015, 07:09 PM
Quote from: Dicer on 08/03/2015, 12:14 AMNo Cyberball, and no Jag mention for NBA-Jam TE (best version) The Sega hard on was throbbing in this episode...

UGH! OMG! What horrible people we are! Oh man I think I'm gonna roll my eyes SO HARD now! We have inconvenienced so many by not including certain games. Oh man we should just stahp the show! We've ruined lives!
Dern tootin...Stahp it nao!!!

It was a good episode...

CGQuarterly

Hey Joe,

Can you please have a look at this thread and see if you can add anything:

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=19453.0

Thanks.

Psycho Punch

Joe. Joe! Joe!!! Joe!!!!!!!
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

wildfruit

I enjoyed this episode. I must have had hundreds of demo discs over the years. Ps1, DC and PCCD / 3.5". I just used to toss them when I was done.
Shame. Maybe?

VenomMacbeth

This was a very nostalgic episode for me.  Some of my first gaming experiences were on the PS1 demo discs (for YEARS I couldn't figure out that it was Einhander I had played).  Same with the Dreamcast discs...those were actually the only DC games I played when the system was relevant.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

ClodBusted

Now that's a pleasant surprise, two Gamesack episodes only 7 days apart. Joe, is that a subtle hint that you and Dave are planning to go back to your former tight release schedule?

Joe Redifer

Nothing subtle at all. We're weekly!

ClodBusted

Awesome news!

CGQuarterly

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/09/2015, 04:59 PMNothing subtle at all. We're weekly!
Did you convince Dave to quit his job?

Dicer

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/09/2015, 04:59 PMNothing subtle at all. We're weekly!
2 things...Small soldiers, give it a watch...it's good
and Gladius is pretty awesome, slap Dave for badmouthing it without trying it

Thanks.

TurboXray

A Japanese demo disc episode in the future works? I only mention it because.. Cycho Rider.

ToyMachine78

Demo disc episodes.... Zzzzzz.....

Gentlegamer

Joe started a Twitch channel and he's just gonna upload his unedited live streams.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 08/12/2015, 01:54 AMJoe started a Twitch channel and he's just gonna upload his unedited live streams.
Should have one in which he shaves his beard. Should.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 08/12/2015, 03:47 PM
Quote from: Gentlegamer on 08/12/2015, 01:54 AMJoe started a Twitch channel and he's just gonna upload his unedited live streams.
HELL NO.

There should be an episode of Game Sack dedicated to HIRSUTE CHARACTERS and Joe shaves off his beard for a finale.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: esteban on 08/12/2015, 03:50 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 08/12/2015, 03:47 PM
HELL NO.

There should be an episode of Game Sack dedicated to HIRSUTE CHARACTERS and Joe shaves off his beard for a finale.
Fair enough, I'd watch that. hehe
IMG

Joe Redifer

I'd do that. What an insane topic that would be but I'd do it for the sketch. Did it once before for the "gaming on a budget" episode or whatever we called it.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: TR0N on 08/09/2015, 02:48 AM
Another great one.  Quality commentating.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.