@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperGrafx

I have a confession to make.
I do like some of the Dreamcast games.  But I really hate the console. 

I can't be the only one bothered by the incessant and loud noise of the laser drive, can I?
God damn...it sounds like the system is trying to SAW itself in half when it's in the middle of loading some games!

syphic

Got a couple of nice lots in this weekend. Was able to knock out some good PC-Engine titles and score a Cotton and a Splatterhouse 3 for the Genny. The rest is gonna be for trade or sale.

The Duo Lot:
/10153726003906874_.jpg

And a nice Neo Geo lot along with another Turbo and PC-Engine lot
NGPCELotAug2015.jpg
instagram.com/p/55Q2uNLGKa/
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 08/05/2015, 05:09 PMPicking up Contra and Double Dragon III for Famicom. Figured I'd give them a go.
You bastard, I've been after Contra for eons now.  How much did it set you back?
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 08/06/2015, 01:10 AM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 08/05/2015, 05:09 PMPicking up Contra and Double Dragon III for Famicom. Figured I'd give them a go.
You bastard, I've been after Contra for eons now.  How much did it set you back?
Contra for Famicom ran me 43 bucks. I'm grabbing Goonies, Karnov, Rockman 4, and TMNT also(the arcade one with the fixed sprites, Arcade Game on Nes here has messed up sprites).

escarioth

Quote from: syphic on 08/06/2015, 12:13 AMGot a couple of nice lots in this weekend. Was able to knock out some good PC-Engine titles and score a Cotton and a Splatterhouse 3 for the Genny. The rest is gonna be for trade or sale.
woah quite a bunch of sweet games you got there :)
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

esadajr

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 08/05/2015, 11:08 PM... I can't be the only one bothered by the incessant and loud noise of the laser drive, can I? ...
That's part of what makes a Dreamcast a Dreamcast. And I love it.
Gaming since 1985

escarioth

Quote from: esadajr on 08/06/2015, 09:41 AMThat's part of what makes a Dreamcast a Dreamcast. And I love it.
fun fact is, it can even help to know if you,re getting a random encounter fight in skies of arcadia :D
hehe

Gypsy

Quote from: vmorr on 08/05/2015, 10:58 PMSpeaking of Dreamcast, I just got my toes wet with this set 20min ago. Late night game pickups.

System came with a VGA converter (?) and a NIB or at least LNIB second controller. Been waiting for a bundle to pop up in my area with at least a few games, hopped on this one.
Nice, just about no bad games there. Quite a few essentials really.

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 08/05/2015, 11:08 PMI have a confession to make.

I can't be the only one bothered by the incessant and loud noise of the laser drive, can I?
God damn...it sounds like the system is trying to SAW itself in half when it's in the middle of loading some games!
And there are some games (Redline Racer comes to mind) where it's extra bad.

Holy smokes at those Turbo grabs. I would probably pee myself seeing a lot like that in person. Lots of games there that I don't have (and want) but can't afford right now. XD

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 08/05/2015, 11:08 PMI have a confession to make.

AMAZING Pickups!!!  I hope you got good deals!
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: esadajr on 08/06/2015, 09:41 AM
Quote from: SuperGrafx on 08/05/2015, 11:08 PM... I can't be the only one bothered by the incessant and loud noise of the laser drive, can I? ...
It can't be louder than the TG16 CD can it? My TG CD sounds like its about to transform into Megatron or something!

BlueBMW

Quote from: escarioth on 08/06/2015, 09:49 AMfun fact is, it can even help to know if you,re getting a random encounter fight in skies of arcadia :D
hehe
^^^ This right here!  You could always pop open the menu real quick if you forgot to heal or something, or maybe dive to a door and miss the fight sometimes :D

My favorite controller is probably the N64 controller.  I know I know it seems messed up but I really do like it.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

bob

Quote from: guest on 08/06/2015, 01:41 PM
Quote from: esadajr on 08/06/2015, 09:41 AM
It can't be louder than the TG16 CD can it? My TG CD sounds like its about to transform into Megatron or something!
dude...you don't know loud unless you get a god damn vitamix blender.  sounds like a jet engine taking off from my kitchen every time wife uses it.

GreatBlue Swirlof99

Picked up 8 VMUs boxed, soccer for NES, the planet of the apes on GBA boxed and some chocolate!
The Dreamcast is still alive, so go play it before it kills your family!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 08/06/2015, 01:41 PMIt can't be louder than the TG16 CD can it? My TG CD sounds like its about to transform into Megatron or something!
My TG CD is fairly quiet all things considered, you might be having some gear problems.

The Dreamcast has a fan, some beeping noises and a lot of disc activity. If you happen to have VMU's plugged into your controller ports, and god forbid four controlers with two VMUs each you hear a loud screech from the VMUs when you power it on.
--DragonmasterDan

ToyMachine78

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/07/2015, 08:45 AM
Quote from: guest on 08/06/2015, 01:41 PMIt can't be louder than the TG16 CD can it? My TG CD sounds like its about to transform into Megatron or something!
My TG CD is fairly quiet all things considered, you might be having some gear problems.

The Dreamcast has a fan, some beeping noises and a lot of disc activity. If you happen to have VMU's plugged into your controller ports, and god forbid four controlers with two VMUs each you hear a loud screech from the VMUs when you power it on.
My gears were replaced a couple years ago by KC. I think I have the 2 gear solution now. That could be why its noisy.

VenomMacbeth

My Dreamcast is louder than my Duo, but nowhere near to the extent I've read about.  Not even my last dreamcast was that loud. 

My laserdisc player, however, sounds like a space shuttle about to launch when you press play.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

NecroPhile

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 08/07/2015, 11:08 AMMy laserdisc player, however, sounds like a space shuttle about to launch when you press play.
My LA is pretty noisy too, which I assume is normal.  It's one of the reasons I'm not real keen on watching LD movies.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PCEngineHell

Picked up a Nes to Fami adapter and POW and Renegade for Nes.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 08/07/2015, 11:57 AMPicked up a Nes to Fami adapter and POW and Renegade for Nes.
Which NES to Fami adapter?
--DragonmasterDan

o.pwuaioc

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

technozombie

I was really shocked to find this at a church garage sale/fund raiser:

IMG_20150808_113432641.webp

https://goo.gl/photos/dgfnsu4Tod8gbwm37

grolt

Quote from: technozombie on 08/08/2015, 11:55 PMI was really shocked to find this at a church garage sale/fund raiser:
IMG_20150808_113432641.webp
https://goo.gl/photos/dgfnsu4Tod8gbwm37
Saaaa-weet. I've still never played one of those not have known anyone who actually had one of them back in the day. Was always curious about them but seemed like such a ill-conceived "portable" system. Any games for it?
I'm a notorious strange man.

technozombie

Mario tennis and galactic pinbal

cr8zykuban0

some of my recent purchases

this nice lot from the facebook groups. paid about 500 bucks for all these items.
IMG

this huge lot was from 2 weeks ago when i made a trip to california. so much good stuff that was found. cant wait to go back
IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 08/09/2015, 12:44 AMsome of my recent purchases

this nice lot from the facebook groups. paid about 500 bucks for all these items.
IMG

this huge lot was from 2 weeks ago when i made a trip to california. so much good stuff that was found. cant wait to go back
IMG
Is that Ridley on the toy shelf??
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

cr8zykuban0

nah, just some mario kart and random gaming related toys lol

xcrement5x

/20450641692_b983b98025_z.jpg
NES Nintendo Bundle

Well, I bought Nintendo stuff for like the first time in a very long time last week.

This bundle was up on Craigslist on Friday for $60 and had only been up a couple hours so I texted the guy and got a reply "sorry, they were claimed already ".  Okay, not unexpected since Nintendo stuff brings out all the tards near me, so I just forgot about it and moved on with my life.  Had an excellent weekend and then early Sunday morning I got another text "others did not pick up, would you still like to buy the Nintendo?"

My spider sense was tingling, it seems odd that something like this would still be available after like 3 days on CL so I said yes, asked about location and it seemed like a regular residential neighborhood.  Brought backup on the odd case it might be a scammer but the truth turned out to be more interesting...

I drive up and the garage door is open, it's an older guy and he is refinishing a door in his garage.  I say hello, mention my name, and exchange greetings, the NES belonged to his daughter and he found it in storage recently and didn't want it, seems normal enough.  I guess after putting up the ad he had a number of people contacting him, and he had 2 guys in line to buy it.  One was going to pick up Friday evening, never showed.  The other was gonna come Saturday, never showed.  After getting 2 people lined up and having contact info he had deleted the ad and all the other replies, but for some reason mine just happened to survive the culling.  Lucky me!  He also had a gold record on the back wall of his garage which I neglected to ask about, but it was a funny experience, it's hard to believe I was the one who got to the goods out of sheer luck.

The NES deck is in nice shape, has original hookups but is missing the controllers even though there's a light gun.   Games were Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario Bros 3, and Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.  Excellent Adventure is complete, Mario 2/3 are in nice shape but missing the manuals, I'm just kind of happy to finally have copies of the games in nice shape after all these years.  It's not the best deal, but it's not the worst either.

Oh, also included was Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt but I forgot to include it in the picture.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

escarioth

new stuff ive been playing all night yesterday !
its got it load of crap but .... i still like that old console

IMG

schweaty

there's some quality games in there.  Sea Battle, Frog bog and AD&D are about as good as it gets for the Intellivision (and DK of course).

bob

xele:  I would have been all over that for $60.  by looking at the boxes, you can tell the stuff was not abused and the NES still has a nice color to it.  good find.

esteban

Quote from: schweaty on 08/10/2015, 01:05 PMthere's some quality games in there.  Sea Battle, Frog bog and AD&D are about as good as it gets for the Intellivision (and DK of course).
DRAGONFIRE.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

escarioth

i was very happy to be able to play again these old AD&Ds
and tron...dunno why but i just loved tron....

now if i can find that burger time.

schweaty

Quote from: escarioth on 08/10/2015, 01:34 PMi was very happy to be able to play again these old AD&Ds
and tron...dunno why but i just loved tron....

now if i can find that burger time.
almost forgot about space battle too.  another one of my faves

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: escarioth on 08/10/2015, 12:19 PMnew stuff ive been playing all night yesterday !
its got it load of crap but .... i still like that old console

IMG
holy shit, what an epic intellivision haul! astro smash was my favorite game when i collected intellivision.

schweaty

Quote from: esteban on 08/10/2015, 01:24 PM
Quote from: schweaty on 08/10/2015, 01:05 PMthere's some quality games in there.  Sea Battle, Frog bog and AD&D are about as good as it gets for the Intellivision (and DK of course).
DRAGONFIRE.
we didnt have dragonfire when i was a kid.  looking at the gameplay on YT, i probably would not have liked it.  looks a little to frenetic for 5 yo me

Digi.k

amazing intellivision stuff there!!

Just got Doraemon stuff in the post the last few days.

mostly cantonese DVDs and a japanese to english Doraemon vol.1 graphic novel
/P1030031.jpg

jtucci31

This is pretty much everything I managed to get this summer. I leave to go away to school in about 2 days so it was nice to get the remaining items in (my Dreamcast VGA box didn't arrive in time, but oh well). Some games here are from VGS, ebay deals, the Troy Aikman Genesis cart is MWIV from chop, Truxton was from DragonmasterDan (Thanks again!), Prince Makai and Baseball Stars are from Bartre.

/qsnlsm.jpg

CMVS is from Jamma Nation X. I was debating about going the arcade route and whatnot, but I'm not very technical and I'd like to find a cheap cab on Craigslist or something to dick around with anyway. This has RGB, S-video, Composite (just for the sake of convenience), and Unibios. Can't wait to get some more MVS carts and probably a Multicart at some point, also Windjammers whenever the chance presents itself to me. Been waiting for this day for quite awhile, glad to finally be able to play Neo Geo at home. Hoping I can get some people at school interested in NG and PCE to start some tournaments and whatnot. But all in all, couldn't be happier. Don't worry though, I'll still have plenty of time for the PCE :wink:

/4jvswn.jpg

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 08/13/2015, 02:19 PMThis is pretty much everything I managed to get this summer. I leave to go away to school in about 2 days so it was nice to get the remaining items in (my Dreamcast VGA box didn't arrive in time, but oh well). Some games here are from VGS, ebay deals, the Troy Aikman Genesis cart is MWIV from chop, Truxton was from DragonmasterDan (Thanks again!), Prince Makai and Baseball Stars are from Bartre.

/qsnlsm.jpg

CMVS is from Jamma Nation X. I was debating about going the arcade route and whatnot, but I'm not very technical and I'd like to find a cheap cab on Craigslist or something to dick around with anyway. This has RGB, S-video, Composite (just for the sake of convenience), and Unibios. Can't wait to get some more MVS carts and probably a Multicart at some point, also Windjammers whenever the chance presents itself to me. Been waiting for this day for quite awhile, glad to finally be able to play Neo Geo at home. Hoping I can get some people at school interested in NG and PCE to start some tournaments and whatnot. But all in all, couldn't be happier. Don't worry though, I'll still have plenty of time for the PCE :wink:

/4jvswn.jpg
You won't regret it. Having a neo at home is awesome! I play mine all the time. I'm really glad I went with a cmvs too. Costs less, takes up less space, and you can cozy up in your favorite chair. If I had gotten a cab, I doubt I would play it as much.

jtucci31

Well I guess by "arcade route" I more so meant like the Supergun type stuff with buying boards. It's definitely something I'd love to do at some point, but one step at a time. Hell if I can get a big red Neo cab for cheap, I'll definitely jump on it :mrgreen:

EvilEvoIX

IMG

IMG
OUCH!!!  Way over paid for those Neo Games.  There were a TON of those on Ebay not to long ago, NOS at $22 a piece, I bought a set of them.  Even today they are $50 games at best.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: dingsbums on 08/13/2015, 12:06 PMFinally  :D .

IMG
IMG
Awesome dude! I just got the same thing, but the Gun Force 2 version. Mine would randomly freeze, though. I was like "WTF?" But then I looked between the boards and a little sticker that had some shiny stuff on it had fallen in there. Apparently it was enough to short some points. Removed it and all is good.

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 08/13/2015, 02:19 PMThis is pretty much everything I managed to get this summer. I leave to go away to school in about 2 days so it was nice to get the remaining items in (my Dreamcast VGA box didn't arrive in time, but oh well). Some games here are from VGS, ebay deals, the Troy Aikman Genesis cart is MWIV from chop, Truxton was from DragonmasterDan (Thanks again!), Prince Makai and Baseball Stars are from Bartre.

/4jvswn.jpg
Congrats on getting a consolized,neo-geo mvs. While it's prices for it are cheaper compare to a aes they have been climbing. Still there's all ways multicarts as a option. If you're not sign up at neo-geo.com all ready,do so now. When i was buying for the mvs that's where i bought most of my games from.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

xcrement5x

IMG
20150814 - Thrift Finds by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Went to the thrift the other day with a goal in mind but actually found something good as well.  I needed a new alarm clock/radio for our guest bedroom since the current one is broken and  picked up this nice Panasonic one for $3.

But the game case also had Dreamcast games, WHAT?! I almost never see Dreamcast goodies so I was really excited.  And they are games that I needed and are not horrible!  So I picked up Ready 2 Rumble and Ready 2 Rumble Round 2 for $2 each, happy days. They also had complete copy of Double Dribble for the NES they wanted $13 for.  LOL.

I also found a small slice of racism in 45RPM format so I picked it up for kicks at 70c.  My daughter liked the "hop hop" on the cover when she saw me bring it in so I am torn as to whether or not I should let her play with it. I might pull out my little 33/45 turntable and see if she can figure it out. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

dingsbums

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/14/2015, 02:02 AMAwesome dude! I just got the same thing, but the Gun Force 2 version. Mine would randomly freeze, though. I was like "WTF?" But then I looked between the boards and a little sticker that had some shiny stuff on it had fallen in there. Apparently it was enough to short some points. Removed it and all is good.
The game was on my search list for a long time  :wink:. It's an awesome game.
If you have graphic problems on a M92 PCB there are usually two problems:
- a bad connection between the top and bottom board
- a missing or wrongly placed jumper on the top board
Glad your PCB is fully working again  =D&gt;.

wildfruit

Yay. I've come him from holiday to find atlantean waiting. It's 3am so haven't had a chance to fire it up but it sure is shiny.

cr8zykuban0

some pickups from the last 2 weeks. picked up lots of sega genesis stuff plus some other goodies.
IMG
IMG

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 08/13/2015, 04:15 PM

IMG

IMG
OUCH!!!  Way over paid for those Neo Games.  There were a TON of those on Ebay not to long ago, NOS at $22 a piece, I bought a set of them.  Even today they are $50 games at best.
how did i way over pay? its very hard to find any of the aes games for 50 bucks or less. kof 94 us version alone sells for around the 200-300 dollar mark, some times even higher than that. the other aes games range from 70-100 a pop. the mvs games aero fighters 2 sells for 40-50 and fatal fury special from 20-30 bucks. i think i paid a good price for the condition of the games, otherwise, i wouldn't have bought em