Turbob Xpress: Bringing affordable "gamer's" games to the community! Nearly Gone

Started by BlueBMW, 10/29/2015, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groover

IMG

Gentlegamer

If we ever want to purge lurkers that are looking to leech, a thread like this is the perfect bait.
IMG

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

HailingTheThings

IMG

NightWolve

Dicer

Bernie

BlueBMW

It's been a little comical seeing how many have PM'd me rather than Bernie.  Please read the first post folks :)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

GohanX

Yeah, you should only pm beemer if you are going to share pics of your penis. Reading is fundamental.

sirhcman

I received my discs today, everything arrived safe and sound! Thanks again for doing this guys! :)

Dicer

Quote from: GohanX on 11/04/2015, 11:54 AMYeah, you should only pm beemer if you are going to share pics of your penis. Reading is fundamental.
My penis is for all to gaze upon...

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 11/04/2015, 12:14 PMI received my discs today, everything arrived safe and sound! Thanks again for doing this guys! :)
Hey, me too! Thanks guys, you the best!

<3
IMG

Enternal

johnnykonami

Anybody know if these will rip properly in Turborip?  Of course I wouldn't expect them to show up in the TOC database.

Bernie

Yes they will.  Their TOCs all match up correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

Marto_Jo-ing

Yes I am new the the pcenginefx community but I promise I am not a reseller.
I am a honest gamer just looking to play and collect great games. I love how the pcenginefx community can help each other play games that are out of most people's budgets. Please don't exclude me from playing these rare games. Thanks and Cheers!!!

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

LostFlunky

Quote from: Marto_Jo-ing on 11/05/2015, 01:08 AMYes I am new the the pcenginefx community but I promise I am not a reseller.
I am a honest gamer just looking to play and collect great games. I love how the pcenginefx community can help each other play games that are out of most people's budgets. Please don't exclude me from playing these rare games. Thanks and Cheers!!!
I am pretty sure no one with a crystal will be denied.

johnnykonami

Quote from: Bernie on 11/04/2015, 09:58 PMYes they will.  Their TOCs all match up correctly.

Sweet, although a bit surprising for Dracula X since it's a translation hack.

Bernie

Quote from: johnnykonami on 11/05/2015, 10:30 AM
Quote from: Bernie on 11/04/2015, 09:58 PMYes they will.  Their TOCs all match up correctly.

You would have to look into how it was hacked.  I don't understand all the tech shit.  thesteve or NightWolve would be able to explain that.  It's probably a simple explanation though.  For example, the audio in the TOC has the lead in/lead out, lengths, ect.  If you keep that the same, there's not an issue there.  Far as the graphic changes and text insertion, I have no clue.

Anyone wondering if I seen their PM, the answer is yes.  lol.  I am currently waiting on more shipping supplies, and for Josh to get his half of the discs.  Once these two things happen, this will pick up again.  :) 

thesteve

ask nightwolve, as he worked on the project
i deal mostly in hardware, not software

SignOfZeta

A TOC is just a TOC, not a hash. Translated games should have the same TOC. All tracks should, or at least could, be the same length.
IMG

pdiggitydogg

Quote from: Bernie on 11/03/2015, 05:05 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/03/2015, 05:01 PMThis thread has set a new record for unfamilar/low-post-count usernames outside of a raffle thread.

I suspect that this period will also see a record number of new users.
Ive noticed that.  How I have been dealing with that is this.  When an old timer PMs me, he/she automatically goes to the front of the line.  I feel that is only fair, even though I am sure we will have enough to go around.
I pm'd and volunteered to be bumped for old timers. I know my place.
 [-o&lt;

jtucci31

Got them in the mail today, but the discs don't work in my TGCD unit :( I'll have to try them out on another unit that I have at home in a few weeks.

Regardless, thanks for this! Looking forward to more!

Brraap

Quote from: guest on 11/05/2015, 07:05 PMGot them in the mail today, but the discs don't work in my TGCD unit :( I'll have to try them out on another unit that I have at home in a few weeks.

What happens when you try to play them on your CD unit?
It's an unwritten law in Japan that every shooter series has to have it's own ''parody''

jtucci31

Quote from: Brraap on 11/05/2015, 07:32 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/05/2015, 07:05 PMGot them in the mail today, but the discs don't work in my TGCD unit :( I'll have to try them out on another unit that I have at home in a few weeks.

What happens when you try to play them on your CD unit?
When I popped in Dracula X first there was a bunch of weird static moving diagonally across the screen. Others didn't load. Except Beyond Shadowgate had the startup music, but with similar static on the screen. Normal CD games worked fine as I tested them.

Bernie

Has anyone else had this issue?  Discs I've tried worked fine.  PM me tucci.

Brraap

[/quote]
When I popped in Dracula X first there was a bunch of weird static moving diagonally across the screen. Others didn't load. Except Beyond Shadowgate had the startup music, but with similar static on the screen. Normal CD games worked fine as I tested them.[/quote]
Strange......
It's an unwritten law in Japan that every shooter series has to have it's own ''parody''

Bernie

Psycho Punch

Bernie you dick... you forgot to send me the tracking #! Anyway, they arrived today, I had no idea that you had already sent them. Thanks!
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

jtucci31

Yeah I'm using the Super System 3.0 card. It's JP on a region modded system, and other games have worked before. I won't request anything yet until I try the discs on some other consoles first though

jperryss

Discs arrived today, tested in my briefcase with no issues.

You guys rock!

elderbroom

Hello Bernie,

I dropped you a PM on 10/31.  I know you are likely getting inundated with requests. But wanted to followup incase you missed it completely.  I'd love to have one of each .. I'm in Canada and can quickly Paypal upfront. Or e-Transfer whatever you prefer.  Let me know.   Thanks

Chris
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

Mathius

Quote from: elderbroom on 11/05/2015, 10:11 PMHello Bernie,

I dropped you a PM on 10/31.  I know you are likely getting inundated with requests. But wanted to followup incase you missed it completely.  I'd love to have one of each .. I'm in Canada and can quickly Paypal upfront. Or e-Transfer whatever you prefer.  Let me know.   Thanks

Chris
As stated Bernie has seen every PM. :) He's taking care of established members first. Patience grasshopper.

elderbroom

Quote from: Mathius on 11/05/2015, 10:47 PM
Quote from: elderbroom on 11/05/2015, 10:11 PMHello Bernie,

Chris
As stated Bernie has seen every PM. :) He's taking care of established members first. Patience grasshopper.
Sorry missed that. My bad.  I'll patiently wait in queue  ;-)  Thanks
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

NightWolve

Quote from: Bernie on 11/05/2015, 12:12 PM
You would have to look into how it was hacked.  I don't understand all the tech shit.  thesteve or NightWolve would be able to explain that.  It's probably a simple explanation though.  For example, the audio in the TOC has the lead in/lead out, lengths, ect.  If you keep that the same, there's not an issue there.  Far as the graphic changes and text insertion, I have no clue.
BurntLasagna executed my TOCFixer app (download link) on the ISO/WAV/CUE image file set which correctly resized all wave files to match the original Japanese file sizes, so when you burn it back to CD-R, all LBA offsets will exactly match the originals. Thus, the TOC remains unchanged or undamaged (from say if you ran the waves through MP3 encoding, and back to wave again which is the normal reason original TOCs are changed/damaged).

Well, you might as well call it "damage" since a % of games, like Dracula X, have the LBA offsets hardcoded in the game code of the data track; they don't dynamically fetch it from the TOC, so MP3 decoding to wave will break such games with crashes and lip sync issues if you don't run TOCFixer or use OGG instead which restores the original wave file size when you decode (unlike MP3 which is sloppy).

In the translation project's case, BL took English wave files from the hidden PSP game that Konami localized, and then replaced the Japanese wave files for the PC Engine image file set. I'm sure those English waves weren't exactly the same size as the originals, not to mention synced exactly to match the cinemas they're played for, so there likely was some tinkering on his part (with Audacity) to match them up before TOCFixer was run to resize everything proper.

seieienbu

Got my games in today, they both work great.  Thanks again for orchestrating all of this!
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

ParanoiaDragon

Thanks Bernie, got em' today!  They all work great on my SGX setup.
IMG

Warbucks

Bernie

Ok guys, as soon as I get the next batch of shipping envelopes in, I will start shipping again.  Shouldn't be but a few days, so lick my balls.  :)

XtraN

Hi Bernie!
A fellow member poked me on IM and sent me here. :D
I sent you a PM to place an order.

Thanks for doing this! Much appreciated!

Dicer

Quote from: Bernie on 11/06/2015, 05:56 PMOk guys, as soon as I get the next batch of shipping envelopes in, I will start shipping again.  Shouldn't be but a few days, so lick my balls.  :)
IMG

Mathius

For those just joining us please read the first post. 

We appreciate everyone's excitement (and you should be excited) but we have only 2 guys doing the shipping at this point in time so please be patient. We have other things in the planning stages so if this goes well and it continues to be doable with our current manpower every person regardless of class will be able to enjoy these great TurboGrafx CD games. :)

synbiosfan

Quote from: Bernie on 11/06/2015, 05:56 PMOk guys, as soon as I get the next batch of shipping envelopes in, I will start shipping again.  Shouldn't be but a few days, so lick my balls.  :)
How can there not be a sticking out your tongue smilie???

;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p

Gentlegamer

Quote from: NightWolve on 11/06/2015, 01:02 AM
BurntLasagna executed my TOCFixer app (download link) on the ISO/WAV/CUE image file set which correctly resized all wave files to match the original Japanese file sizes, so when you burn it back to CD-R, all LBA offsets will exactly match the originals. Thus, the TOC remains unchanged or undamaged (from say if you ran the waves through MP3 encoding, and back to wave again which is the normal reason original TOCs are changed/damaged).

Well, you might as well call it "damage" since a % of games, like Dracula X, have the LBA offsets hardcoded in the game code of the data track; they don't dynamically fetch it from the TOC, so MP3 decoding to wave will break such games with crashes and lip sync issues if you don't run TOCFixer or use OGG instead which restores the original wave file size when you decode (unlike MP3 which is sloppy).

In the translation project's case, BL took English wave files from the hidden PSP game that Konami localized, and then replaced the Japanese wave files for the PC Engine image file set. I'm sure those English waves weren't exactly the same size as the originals, not to mention synced exactly to match the cinemas they're played for, so there likely was some tinkering on his part (with Audacity) to match them up before TOCFixer was run to resize everything proper.
Wizardry.
IMG

johnnykonami

Quote from: NightWolve on 11/06/2015, 01:02 AM

Cool!  Thanks for the thorough explanation, NightWolve!  I got my discs on thursday evening and finally got a chance to rip them, all with no problems.

It's weird hearing some of the differences in Dracula X after playing the original so much, so the dub over is from the PSP version?  The German narrator is different (I think, we checked it out on my friend's really terrible computer since I was at his house and magic engine played it back like half speed, I dunno what is up with that PC of his - but it sounded like a different guy to me) and I played only the beginning to hear Death's voiceover.  I am gonna try it out again at home to get a better idea - but just wondering if this was all on the PSP version or was some of it done by fans?

Anyway, thank you again Bernie, BlueBMW, and also Bernie's son (I think!) for bringing them to us!

NightWolve

Quote from: johnnykonami on 11/07/2015, 01:36 PMIt's weird hearing some of the differences in Dracula X after playing the original so much, so the dub over is from the PSP version?  The German narrator is different
Yeah, I hate the new German narration, I like the original better. It just doesn't sound right to me... Indeed, it was ported over from Konami's PSP version.

ClodBusted

I speak German, and I don't like the old narrator. The new one, also found on the VC release, is a professional voice actor. In my eyes, uhm ears, he does a better job.

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 11/07/2015, 01:53 PMI speak German, and I don't like the old narrator. The new one, also found on the VC release, is a professional voice actor. In my eyes, uhm ears, he does a better job.
I could tell the new narrator sounded more serious, but the old one was more... I dunno.. flamboyant?  I just liked his energy in comparison.  The new guy almost sounds a little bored.  I didn't hear death properly (I think it was pcm/psg audio) so it was really tough to hear correctly at half speed but from what I could tell he was no where near as cool as the Japanese voice actor I've loved all these years.  Other little things missing too, like on the title screen the two slashes that form the X... I think that was missing, or did we just not wait long enough?  I think the former since they totally redid the title screen text.  Anyway, it's still awesome to have an english translated version around.  The differences are fascinating since I played so much of the original bitd.

ClodBusted

The old narration isn't bad by any means. What I'm talking about are just personal preferences.
I wrote some more detailed thoughts down here: https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=7918.msg394703#msg394703