The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gypsy

Recent trade arrival. I've actually not played Klonoa 2 and quite enjoyed the first so that should be fun.

IMG

xcrement5x

Klonoa 2 is quite fun!  Also the D&D games for Saturn always take me back to playing in local arcades as a kid.  Solid stuff there.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Gypsy

Quick thoughts

Salamander 2 is pretty cool with the way the stages alternate between vertical and horizontal. Pretty standard gotta keep your power-ups style that I expect from Salamander, Gradius etc...

Thunder Force III is awesome.

Guardian Force is um, taking some adjustments for me to play. Interesting style.

D&D from what I've played of the first one is quite fun. Too bad it's fully in Japanese, but I'll deal with it.

LostFlunky

Quote from: Gypsy on 11/01/2016, 04:37 PMQuick thoughts

Salamander 2 is pretty cool with the way the stages alternate between vertical and horizontal. Pretty standard gotta keep your power-ups style that I expect from Salamander, Gradius etc...

Thunder Force III is awesome.

Guardian Force is um, taking some adjustments for me to play. Interesting style.

D&D from what I've played of the first one is quite fun. Too bad it's fully in Japanese, but I'll deal with it.
That was a really good haul of Saturn stuff...

NecroPhile

Yesterday's mail brought me a 4gb micro-SD card to replace the one in my TED that I ruined trying to shave down to clear the RX's power switch.  :oops:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

Lol, at least you didn't use a hair dryer on it. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Heh, very true.  At least it was just a cheap little card ruined, only costing me $3 shipped to replace.

Mathius

Amazon sent my mailbox the Limited Edition Corpse Party for 3DS today. Gonna fire it up with the wife tonight.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Mathius on 11/01/2016, 07:56 PMAmazon sent my mailbox the Limited Edition Corpse Party for 3DS today. Gonna fire it up with the wife tonight.
Mine came in as well super stoked. Lol brother in law still has the 3DS. So the question comes doni esit to visit family on thanksgiving to get the 3DS or convince my wife to let me buy a newer 3DS? 

The figures where smaller then I expected. I thought they would be twice they were honestly. Not sure if they gave it measurements prior to preordering.

NecroPhile

Magicoal finally showed up yesterday.  'Twas bought and paid for on 9/29, but I guess it's better late than never.

munchiaz

Heres some recent purchases. I got the magnets from a forum member on neo-geo. Great for sticking to a white board and using to keep highscore/1cc attempts. Glad to have Berserk, as well. I made a blunder and purchased the Asian version from Play-Asia thinking it came out on the same day. Sadly not. But Play-Asia fixed the blunder and shipped it post haste.

IMG

bartre

xcrement5x

BERSERK!  Let me know what you think of it man.  I am stoked to play it when it releases in the US.

I'm really hoping NISA does a limited edition since they seem to be in good with Tecmo-Koei

Bloufo

"Brand new/factory sealed" Xbox One S 2TB model.

This is the condition that Fedex tried to deliver it to me earlier today.

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

No outer packaging. Basically, the console box itself was the packing material. Unbelievable. First time I've ever encountered this.

The seller (100% rating, no negatives, over 2000 sold items) swears up and down that he packed this thing as securely as possible.
If I'm to believe him, then this here would be the culprit:

IMG

Pitney Bowes, part of the Global Shipping Program. They open up, check the contents and then "re-seal".
There are a few horror stories out there regarding that lot.

As far as the console itself is concerned,
I heard a bit of a noise/rattle when I picked up the box. Not a good sign.

In any case, I've sent this abomination back and filed a dispute with PayPal. Here's hoping for a favorable outcome.

NecroPhile

Yep, that's what they do to save on shipping.  So much stuff gets ruined by those asshats.  ](*,)

Gypsy

Yeah they repack horribly. People really should not use that service but of course Ebay has it enabled by default.  :roll:

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 11/01/2016, 04:42 PMThat was a really good haul of Saturn stuff...
Having a blast with em. Cleared Tower of Doom.

Quote from: Mathius on 11/01/2016, 07:56 PMAmazon sent my mailbox the Limited Edition Corpse Party for 3DS today. Gonna fire it up with the wife tonight.
Speaking of Amazon they sent me another boxed LE in a mailer earlier this week. Box was crushed. They offered a full refund and told me to keep it. They are so damn dumb but I'd still rather buy from them than Gamestop.

Mathius

How is that even legal?! Damn man these guys need to be called out by Paypal and eBay. Or someone should start a petition to have the two companies put the squeeze on them. That's just makes me sick!

esadajr

yeah don't bother with this global shipping crap, either as a buyer or as a seller
Gaming since 1985

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 11/02/2016, 04:57 PMYep, that's what they do to save on shipping.  So much stuff gets ruined by those asshats.  ](*,)
My boxed TG16 unit was shipped the same way as that xbox.  If the box wasn't pretty beat up already, I would've been very upset.

Bloufo

Quote from: Mathius on 11/02/2016, 05:34 PMHow is that even legal?! Damn man these guys need to be called out by Paypal and eBay. Or someone should start a petition to have the two companies put the squeeze on them. That's just makes me sick!
Right!

So after I filed that PayPal dispute, the seller is now talking "some compensation for cosmetic damages:lol:

WTF?

What's even funnier (or tragic, depending on how you look at it) is the fact that the local folks here don't know any better.
This here is a typical reaction you get when you show them something like this:

"In fairness, the standard console box packaging should be more than up to the task of transporting the goods safely and securely.
That's what it's designed to do after all. Looking pretty is a side project"  :lol:  ](*,)

Over in this neck of the woods we're so used to taking it up the ass and then having to say 'thank you' on top of it.

LostFlunky

Yes Global Shipping program... making it easier for me to make decisions on eBay purchases.  In other words, Global Shipping program = no sale.

My first GSP purchase was a baseball bat that normally retailed for $300.  It made it to me in a half of a prism shaped box.  Not "half" as in "cut in two pieces", it was more like "about half" was left after being ripped apart by a roto-tiller...  The bat/box was left on my porch with the bat kind of stuck into the remainder of the box and both ends of the bat sticking out, like a paper napkin on a fork and knife in a diner...

Fortunately it wasn't damaged...

Mathius

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 11/03/2016, 01:54 PMYes Global Shipping program... making it easier for me to make decisions on eBay purchases.  In other words, Global Shipping program = no sale.

My first GSP purchase was a baseball bat that normally retailed for $300.  It made it to me in a half of a prism shaped box.  Not "half" as in "cut in two pieces", it was more like "about half" was left after being ripped apart by a roto-tiller...  The bat/box was left on my porch with the bat kind of stuck into the remainder of the box and both ends of the bat sticking out, like a paper napkin on a fork and knife in a diner...

Fortunately it wasn't damaged...
That's horrible!

Bloufo

So I went and picked this up yesterday.

All for $150

1-slot MVS

Set it up temporarily here. The wife is Not pleased.  :P

IMG

Screwy button placement. Who cares, right.  :P

IMG

IMG

So the older gentleman I got it from knows even less about arcade cabs than I do.  :lol:
I believe this used to belong to one of his sons.

I was asking him:

-Where is the slider/switch/potentiometer for volume adjustment? "We don't know".
-Any type of "pause" function? "We don't know".
-The on/off switch is just me simply switching on and off from the power outlet? No switch on the unit itself? "We don't know".

If any of you guys tell me where to look and what to fiddle with, I'll be most appreciative.  :oops:

xcrement5x

My first question, is that a Christmas tree up already?

Second would probably be open that up and see if you can figure out the motherboard type.  My old dynamo had a switch on the top you could toggle for power, but it's possible there is something mounted behind the coin door. 

Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and it already has a unibios installed as well :)

Bloufo

Quote from: guest on 11/04/2016, 12:33 PMMy first question, is that a Christmas tree up already?
And that's only the "smaller" one. They've been up since last month already. Let me explain.

A few months ago I had my mother move in with us upon her cancer diagnosis.
By the beginning of October her situation was such that she knew she wasn't going to be around much longer. And one of her wishes was that she wanted to see one last time the Christmas trees all decorated and up with lights. So yeah....

QuoteSecond would probably be open that up and see if you can figure out the motherboard type.  My old dynamo had a switch on the top you could toggle for power, but it's possible there is something mounted behind the coin door.
This is what's behind the coin door. Can't find a power switch as such.
Will open the back and see what's going on there.

IMG

QuoteWho knows, maybe you'll get lucky and it already has a unibios installed as well :)
From your lips.....:P

xcrement5x

Oh damn man, I'm sorry to hear that.  :(

When I say behind the coin door I mean in that open area that goes into cabinet after you open it.  A lot of time operators would put in a credit switch so when someone complained about losing a quarter they could just open the front and credit the player instead of giving them a quarter/token back. 

roflmao

I may be one of the few, but I enjoyed playing through the first Evolution on the Dremcast bitd. But once I got my hands on Skies of Arcadia, I totally lost interest in getting Evolution's sequel.

Just recently I found out that both the first and second game were compiled together as Evolution Worlds for the Gamecube and I found a copy for under $10 and had to pick it up.

IMG

I'm only an hour or so in now, but I like what they've done so far. It seems they've abridged the first episode quite a bit to get people to experience the second episode. The graphics look great on the Gamecube via s-video.

o.pwuaioc

Nice binder full of women PC Engine.

Bloufo

Quote from: guest on 11/04/2016, 01:27 PMWhen I say behind the coin door I mean in that open area that goes into cabinet after you open it.  A lot of time operators would put in a credit switch so when someone complained about losing a quarter they could just open the front and credit the player instead of giving them a quarter/token back. 
This is what's there.

IMG

Does nothing though when you press it.  :?

At the back,

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

Edit:

Just confirmed that the mobo for the 1-Slot is an MV-1C.
Thing is though, it's a bootleg. lol

If any one is interested, this 1C is the "Gobit" version.

IMG

EvilEvoIX

Some decent finds over the past couple of weeks. 
IMG
The Shooter for the Game Gear is decent.  Not bad for $1.  Same with the loose common NES game which I didn't have.

IMG

This has to be my 5th Neo Geo CD I've owned.  I keep buying and then selling them for other stuff as my AES & MVS take priority and to be honest any game over 100MEGS is torture in terms of loading.  If you want to punish a gamer have them play OF 99 on it.  That said I've noticed to pricing on these things going way up in value and they are good to have for the burned game aspect.  I got a buddy in japan who gets these things on the cheap and a decent shipping rate as well (Not that $100 shipping from Japan BS, who is paying that?)  If you can get the CDZ which is on par with a PS1 in terms of loading.

The 3DO came from the same friend and has the Japanese Bios to play Japanese games.  Although 3DO's do not have region lockout they do need specific bios to play certain Japanese games so enter this 3DO.

Speaking of 3DO.

IMG

IMG

IMG

Road Rash is amazing.  Loving every second of it.  Captain Quazar is meh.  SSF2T is amazing and VERY hard.

IMG

Came with all the books.

IMG

IMG

IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

esteban

CDV! That cart (digital video cartridge) allowed some fancy movie action. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

EvilEvoIX

Been on a 3DO kick lately, no idea why, now I have the 3 Major models.  Its a good systems, just too early to compete properly in the 32BIT arena.  Just a little later, just a little cheaper, little faster processor.  Road Rash and NFS really shined on it.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Digi.k

a few random bits today.

Amiibo Festival is soo cheap now on amazon that along with the animal crossing new leaf update I just had to get it just for the amiibos.
Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are now backwards compatible on the xbone and I am hoping the last remnant will make that list too.

IMG

Bloufo

Quote from: Bloufo on 11/02/2016, 04:46 PM"Brand new/factory sealed" Xbox One S 2TB model.

This is the condition that Fedex tried to deliver it to me earlier today.

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

No outer packaging. Basically, the console box itself was the packing material. Unbelievable. First time I've ever encountered this.

The seller (100% rating, no negatives, over 2000 sold items) swears up and down that he packed this thing as securely as possible.
If I'm to believe him, then this here would be the culprit:

IMG

Pitney Bowes, part of the Global Shipping Program. They open up, check the contents and then "re-seal".
There are a few horror stories out there regarding that lot.

As far as the console itself is concerned,
I heard a bit of a noise/rattle when I picked up the box. Not a good sign.

In any case, I've sent this abomination back and filed a dispute with PayPal. Here's hoping for a favorable outcome.
Well that was quick.

IMG

IMG

A little peeved off that eBay saw fit to remove my neg to that seller. But who cares. At least now I can go ahead and order myself this console elsewhere.

Digi.k

more amiibo stuff just for the animal crossing new leaf update

IMG
IMG

Bloufo

A few MVS carts in kinda rough shape. All work fine though. Although I had to trim and file the corners of the PCB's of that bootleg KOF 10th Anniversary cart. Damn thing wouldn't fit otherwise.

Got those carts for $25.

IMG

A nice little Namco Plug-and-Play,

IMG

And an LD-ROM² game,

IMG

Digi.k

Gypsy

IMG

Traded off 4 hueys for the DC bundle. Lots o doubles in there (which will be available). System is pretty complete (also it's Japanese, of course).

Also Shovel Knight arrived today which made me happy, gonna play it shortly. ^_^ Shantae games took a detour though. -_-

I think the last time I played Smash Bros Brawl I was completely shit face drunk over 4 years ago, so it will be fun to give that another go while sober.

Medic_wheat

Picked up skemCOOL stuff. But I can't post. My SS would know to soon.

Gypsy

Can't reveal those secrets.  [-X

So this is the first time I've played Dynamte Deka 2 I think. Really fun game!

Medic_wheat

IMG

Oh right my shovel knight just came in!  F you plastic get off my game. What a manual?  Someone remembered those exist!  The funny part?  I don't even remember where I put the dang power cable for my vita tv.

Flare65

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/12/2016, 09:51 PMIMG

Oh right my shovel knight just came in!  F you plastic get off my game. What a manual?  Someone remembered those exist!  The funny part?  I don't even remember where I put the dang power cable for my vita tv.
Just got my copy in today!  Great game!

NecroPhile

The mailman dropped off my copy of Shovel Knight on Saturday.

Shovels for everyone!

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 11/14/2016, 10:34 AMThe mailman dropped off my copy of Shovel Knight on Saturday.

Shovels for everyone!
Never know when you will need to quickly dig a makeshift grave.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 11/14/2016, 10:34 AMThe mailman dropped off my copy of Shovel Knight on Saturday.

Shovels for everyone!
My wife and I have been enjoying it. Makes me want to find a cheap wireless arcade stick for my PS3/4/Vota TV.

Bloufo

IMG

IMG

My Raspberry Pi stuff just arrived,

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

A few MVS carts,

The top two are bootlegs. The third cart from top is 'Windjammers'. Label is torn off but the boards inside are totally legit. Same deal with the green cart below (Garou: Mark of the Wolves). Cart is legit. Ditto with 'Aggressors of Dark Kombat'.

IMG

And I managed to find quite a few sealed blank Beta tapes. I'll put those to good use.

IMG

Flare65

Exactly what do people use beta max tapes for these days?

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Flare65 on 11/20/2016, 10:36 AMExactly what do people use beta max tapes for these days?
Retro copies of current movies?

Or at lest that is something I plan on doing with my VHS player. I have yet to pick up some blank VHS tape though.

Flare65