10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyjin

nifty! is that Castlevania 3 in the middle?

MissaFX

Quote from: guyjin on 09/22/2008, 04:16 PMnifty! is that Castlevania 3 in the middle?
Why yes, yes it is.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

TR0N

Quote from: MissaFX on 09/22/2008, 12:47 PMA new order from Risingstuff just came :mrgreen:
/rising2fs4.jpg
Congrats on getting the jpn,CV3 it sure is superior to the u.s version.
Though i assume that's why you got it missa  :wink:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

drdre

Warioland: Shake it for the Wii....
and guess what?  it's actually good  :)  and it's not a bunch of minigames  :D
Arms installation is complete....good luck

MissaFX

Quote from: drdre on 09/23/2008, 08:39 PMWarioland: Shake it for the Wii....
and guess what?  it's actually good  :)  and it's not a bunch of minigames  :D
Does it have anything to do with Warioland on the VB?
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer

mobiusclimber

I picked up Dragon Knight II & III for a little less than $25 at a local shop. Not a great deal or anything, but so far worth the cash. DKII is missing the manual tho. XD I hate that.

Digi.k

my pc parts arrived today.. the old one seems like its starting to choke.

/IMG_1007.jpg

this is the list.. (excluding Vista 64 which is about $140 USD) came to £257 is roughly $477 USD.. which makes me wonder if its cheaper in the USA..

/newpcprice.jpg

Just waiting on the Vista 64 to arrive and maybe might order a new monitor..

MissaFX

Looks great cept for the wireless mouse.  They are crap.  Get a MS lasermouse 4000 or higher (with a cord)

Digi.k

ya the mouse supplied with the wireless keyboard does feel a bit cheap but... as long as its comfortable I'll just end up tolerating it :P

Whats really weird is the new CPU's don't have any pins like the old ones that have 100's of em' just place it into the cpu socket and clamp it down.. O-o

MissaFX

Small double pepperoni, thin crust. =P~ =P~ =P~

/dscf7114vi1.jpg

Ceti Alpha

As I said in the shoutbox, I'm driving to Veneta, OR from now on in, to get my pizza. hehe  =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

drdre

Quote from: MissaFX on 09/26/2008, 05:52 PMSmall double pepperoni, thin crust. =P~ =P~ =P~
/dscf7114vi1.jpg
Sure looks like a greasy monster....

Tom Phobos

Not today, but last friday:

IMG

Together with this controller

IMG

on thursday i completed the system with an original IR-controller:

IMG

Now i can turn on/off and reset the console without standing up, only with the IR-Controller :)

I hope the system feels good in it's corner :wink:

IMG

guyjin

Joe Redifer

Nice purchase there MissaFX.  Was it mint/complete?  How much was shipping?

Ninja Spirit

Two kickass webcams both for 13 bucks in one package! No more jerky live streaming of PCE plays

/4012409855.jpg

MissaFX

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/27/2008, 02:31 AMNice purchase there MissaFX.  Was it mint/complete?  How much was shipping?
$5.79, and it probably cost a dollar or two to drive there.  Plus I tipped a dollar.
It was mint when I got it, but something happened in a blind munching rage and by the time I opened the box again almost half of it was gone!

drdre

Castle of Shikigami III (Wii)-decent, if somewhat unspectacular

Ceti Alpha

Got Macross 2036 from GUTS and a backup compact flash card from Missa for my Juno-G. Both items will be providers of much fun...the compact flash card will allow for fun, indirectly.  :mrgreen:

Oh, and I know why these items took longer than usual to arrive - customs must be getting suspicious of all the mail I'm receiving. Both packages were opened. If the RCMP and Canada Customs want to have Turbografx Tournaments, they can get their own games.  :evil:

IMG
IMG

nat

At least you got them. I'm serious, after our ordeal, I honestly believe Canadian Customs has it's eye on you.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: nat on 10/01/2008, 03:11 PMAt least you got them. I'm serious, after our ordeal, I honestly believe Canadian Customs has it's eye on you.
Yeah, I'm convinced of it. I wonder if CSIS has me on a watch list.  :-k  :-$
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/01/2008, 03:53 PMI wonder if CSIS has me on a watch list.  :-k  :-$
Is that CSI: Saskatchewan?  Apparently the mounties don't like you importing weapons of mass amoosement.  :D
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

td741

CSIS is kind of like the Canadian version of the CIA. :P

guyjin

And here I thought you Canucks were too polite for that sort of thing.  [-(

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guyjin on 10/01/2008, 07:19 PMAnd here I thought you Canucks were too polite for that sort of thing.  [-(
We're actually just a bunch of beer drinkin', chicken wing eating barbarians with universal health care.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Yesterday I bought Iron Man on the Blu-ray format, which is better than LaserDisc.

Turbo D

While Blu-ray is king on HD televisions, LaserDisc is not too far behind. I watched a laserdisc on an HD tv and have to say that I was surprised! The quality seemed up there with Blu-ray! I know it sounds crazy, but it did. heh.  :)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

LOL.  I recorded a TV movie broadcast on a channel which I can barely receive (lots of static) in VHS EP and then dubbed it down to many other tapes (VHS EP each way).  The end result looks absolutely no different than a 70mm film presentation at a real movie theater.

albinoMithos

Well here are my recent acquisitions

/dsci0004ai2.jpg
/dsci0006of3.jpg

Turbo D

:o =P~ That is a sweet haul dude! I have to say that there are a jack-load of hits there. Even my favorite Nintendo GameCube game is there; Animal Crossing8) Also, good job on scoring doki doki panic. That game is a must. You are going to have lots of fun, especially with that 3DO and StreetFighter.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Sparky

nice mithos!!! that will keep ya out of trouble for awhile :P

Me gots this week...
PC Engine... Dragon Egg from rag-time4 what a fun game and a gooood guy to deal with, thanks man!!! :)

Also got locally...
TurboDuo... Exile: Wicked Phenomenon (hells ya)
TGCD... Sherlock Holmes
N64... Bust-A-Move 99
ps1... Nightmare Creatures & Metal Gear: Mission Handbook

sweeet goodness!!!

drdre

Well, let's see...in the past couple days I obtained Warioworld for the GC and Astro Boy for the GBA  :D

Arkhan Asylum

I preordered Ar Tonelico 2 and Persona 4 from RosenQueen!

:)

wooooo
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

albinoMithos

Quote from: turbo D on 10/03/2008, 04:00 AM:o =P~ That is a sweet haul dude! I have to say that there are a jack-load of hits there. Even my favorite Nintendo GameCube game is there; Animal Crossing8) Also, good job on scoring doki doki panic. That game is a must. You are going to have lots of fun, especially with that 3DO and StreetFighter.
Thanks man! :D Yeah I had to get doki doki and I never really played Animal Crossing when it came out so I decided to give it a try. 

Quote from: guest on 10/03/2008, 06:59 AMnice mithos!!! that will keep ya out of trouble for awhile :P

Me gots this week...
PC Engine... Dragon Egg from rag-time4 what a fun game and a gooood guy to deal with, thanks man!!! :)

Also got locally...
TurboDuo... Exile: Wicked Phenomenon (hells ya)
TGCD... Sherlock Holmes
N64... Bust-A-Move 99
ps1... Nightmare Creatures & Metal Gear: Mission Handbook

sweeet goodness!!!
Nice finds sparks. :D  You'd think all that gaming goodness would be enough to keep me out of trouble but I'll find a way. :P 8)

PCEngineHell

As of past couple weeks Ive picked up this stuff.
DVD titles:
Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition
Scanners
Dellamorte Dellamore
Hardware
Jason takes Manhattan
Alien
Lifeforce
Invasion of the Body Snatchers

LaserDisc titles:
Robocop Criterion 2 disc release
Star Trek Motion Picture
Star Trek Wrath of Kahn
Star Trek Final Frontier
Escape from New York widescreen
Brazil
The Hakkenden Vol. 2, 3, 6, 7
Kishen Corps vol. 1, 3, 4
Neon Genesis Evangelion Vol. 1
El-Hazard The Wanders: TV Vol. 1 w/Box - SEALED
Ninja Scroll
Armitage The Third: Poly- Matrix
Goldenboy
Suikoden: Demon Century
The Terminator widescreen
Duel to the Death widescreen
Se7en widescreen
Aliens boxset
12 Monkeys widescreen
Cemetary Man
Network widescreen

KHS-400c laser for PS2

32x deck
Genesis 3 deck which I modded for s-vid.
Some games that came with the above, nothing worth noting really other then VF for 32x.

Royal Pro Wrestling 3DO
Pyramid Intruder 3DO

hoobs88

Wii- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Lego Batman
Famicom- Don Doko Don 2
PS2- Dance Dance Revolution 4th Mix (import)
PC Engine- Bomberman '94 Special Version
Turbo Grafx- Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu

IMG
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

bust3dstr8

Went on a bit of a MVS bender in the last week.

Super Dodgeball Kit
Twinkle Star Sprites
Shock Troopers
WindJammers
Last Blade 2
Spin Master
Mutation Nation
And a second Neo Turfmasters, gonna be sweet having 4player matches going at once :dance:

Also grabbed a Ninja Warriors Again
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

Tom Phobos

rolins

These came in the mail yesterday.

/msx1er0.jpg
/msx2qf5.jpg

guyjin

didn't realize war of the dead was an msx port.

nectarsis

Rolins..what is the game on the top right...Votoms perhaps?
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

rolins

Quote from: nectarsis on 10/06/2008, 08:56 PMRolins..what is the game on the top right...Votoms perhaps?
It's the Konami Game Master 2. It does alot of cool stuff with konami games like stage select, extra lives, screen captures, built-in SRAM for games like Metal Gear 2 & Contra, and my favorite - save states to disk.

nectarsis

I meant top left  ](*,) ](*,) (back to Kindergarden i go).

rolins

Quote from: nectarsis on 10/06/2008, 09:18 PMI meant top left  ](*,) ](*,) (back to Kindergarden i go).
Hehe. That's Outroyd, it's a RPG sort like the original Hydlide. From what I played you roam around taking over enemy bases for booty and powerups. You find new parts to upgrade your robot body and supposedly they're parts that transforms you into a plane or something like that. I haven't got far in the game. The main theme rocks in classic PSG.

nectarsis

Just curious as that bears a DAMN close resemblance to...

IMG IMG

rolins

I've never watched Votoms before but I see the resemblance. Votoms was out in 1983-84 and Outroyd in 1985, the artist must of been watching Votoms when he was asked to make a cover.

Sensei

I finally got my copy of Cosmic Fantasy 2!  Now I just need to find the time to play it...

MissaFX

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 10/03/2008, 08:05 PMPyramid Intruder 3DO
Oh yeah, one of my favorite games of all time.  I love the Silicon Graphics look to the backgrounds.  I hope you enjoy it.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tom Phobos

/bild0022st8.jpg

Big Thanks to Sensei :)