RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Game Sack

Started by Joe Redifer, 07/25/2011, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonmasterDan

I have this machine, and the board for After Burner II. Nice video.

IMGIMG
--DragonmasterDan

BenG76

I just watched the After Burner episode. I like the show. I will be checking out more episodes.

Ji-L87

Great coverage this time as well!
I think I'm siding with Dave this time...just can't get into After Burner, my eyes just starts to go round and round. Now, OutRun on the other hand....I do like. Looking forward to the next one : )
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

guyjin

that look on your face when you're messing with the mission stick...  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: guyjin on 01/02/2012, 04:44 PMthat look on your face when you're messing with the mission stick...  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, that was great!
Looking forward to the OutRun episode. One of my favorite games of all time!

blueraven

Which person is Joe Redifer? The cameraman? Neither looked like Shinobi or had eyes darting around when you least expect it like his avatar.

Tatsujin

I WANT YOU!
/reddb.png
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Quote from: blueraven on 01/03/2012, 12:33 AMWhich person is Joe Redifer? The cameraman? Neither looked like Shinobi or had eyes darting around when you least expect it like his avatar.
:lol:

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/03/2012, 12:45 AMI WANT YOU!
/reddb.png
'

Now the big question is, just who is you8-[ :mrgreen:

Tatsujin

great show, here a good addition to it :)
looking GREATFFWD to next weeks episode.
Out Run is one of my very fav games of petty much EVAR!! :D
so better take some good care guys  :P
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/03/2012, 01:12 AMgreat show, here a good addition to it :)
looking GREATFFWD to next weeks episode.
Out Run is one of my very fav games of petty much EVAR!! :D
so better take some good care guys  :P
Looking forward to Outrun as well! Some of the best musics to come out of a Sega Arcade board right up there with Power Drift. :)

Tatsujin

Quote from: Mathius on 01/03/2012, 01:31 AMSome of the best musics to come out of a Sega Arcade board right up there with Power Drift. :)
And for sure Thunder Blade and Galaxy Force II :D teh best

blueraven

Haha. OK that settles that.

I liked the afterburner episode. Good cutscenes, and especially the closeups of teh consoles. For some reason that made the video extra-awesome. I'll hand it to you, Joe; you're putting a shitload of effort into this :D.

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/03/2012, 01:32 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 01/03/2012, 01:31 AMSome of the best musics to come out of a Sega Arcade board right up there with Power Drift. :)
And for sure Thunder Blade and Galaxy Force II :D teh best
Oh man! How could I forget Thunder Blade?!?! #-o Joe, there are a lot of Thunder Blade fans in this thread including you :-$ if I am not mistaken. We need a Thunder Blade episode. We need it. You-Tube needs it. The World needs it. All eleven universes need it. :)

Joe Redifer

Sorry, can't make a Thunderblade episode until I get my hands on the PC Engine version.  Wouldn't dare not include it.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/03/2012, 02:19 AMSorry, can't make a Thunderblade episode until I get my hands on the PC Engine version.  Wouldn't dare not include it.
Ah yes. Wouldn't want to do that prematurely. If I had a copy I'd just send it to you for keeps. But... :(

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 01/03/2012, 02:27 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/03/2012, 02:19 AMSorry, can't make a Thunderblade episode until I get my hands on the PC Engine version.  Wouldn't dare not include it.
Ah yes. Wouldn't want to do that prematurely. If I had a copy I'd just send it to you for keeps. But... :(
1 HuCard Thunder Blade. STAT!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 01/04/2012, 12:35 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 01/03/2012, 02:27 AM
1 HuCard Thunder Blade. STAT!
Someone must have a copy that you can just loan Joe. I can vouch that he takes very good care of your games. He will even cuddle with them to your exact specifications!  :P

Joe Redifer

I have a copy on it's way from Japan.  Mint copy was $21 shipped.  Sealed copy was $25 shipped.  I chose the mint copy because I need that $4 to buy some cheap crack.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/05/2012, 01:20 AMI have a copy on it's way from Japan. 
Awesome! :D One of the guys that is helping our crew with MGC this year actually has a sit-down TB arcade unit. I am sure he'd let you use it though you would have to go all the way to Wisconsin.

QuoteI chose the mint copy because I need that $4 to buy some cheap crack
Don't forget a cheap whore. For that kind of money you could get one with a face like those screaming zombies from Ocarina of Time.

Tatsujin

Damn I didn't ride on of those TB cabs for two decades now :shock:

NecroPhile

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/05/2012, 07:23 AMDamn I didn't ride on of those TB cabs for two decades now :shock:
Then come to Wisconsin.  I hear they have good cheese too.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/05/2012, 07:23 AMDamn I didn't ride on of those TB cabs for two decades now :shock:
Me either! He doesn't want to bring it to the show because it's too damn big. I can't say that I blame him though it still makes me cry a river.

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 01/05/2012, 09:40 AM
Then come to Wisconsin.  I hear they have good cheese too.
It's true. California Cows are happier, though. I think.

Mathius

Joe, you're slackin' brother! :wink: I guess I'll announce the new GameSack. Here it is folks....

OUTRUN!!!

Tatsujin

-=I Out Run=-

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/10/2012, 12:17 AM-=I Out Run=-
Me too! I really need to pick up the PC Engine version. I loved how the system handled the music! :shock:

Joe Redifer

Oh shit.  I knew I forgot to post it somewhere.  I post this stuff all over and usually facebook and Twitter are the ones I forget to post it to.

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/10/2012, 01:59 AMOh shit.  I knew I forgot to post it somewhere.  I post this stuff all over and usually facebook and Twitter are the ones I forget to post it to.
Don't worry, I think most of us are subbed to you anyway. Loved the Out Run episode. Made me want to play it but my copy of Out Run won't play on my new Saturn. The early runs of the game won't play on Model 2 Saturns for some reason. Need to buy another copy...

Joe Redifer

That's weird.  Must be some shenanigans going on under the hood of the model 2.

Tatsujin

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 01/10/2012, 03:35 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/10/2012, 01:59 AMOh shit.  I knew I forgot to post it somewhere.  I post this stuff all over and usually facebook and Twitter are the ones I forget to post it to.
Don't worry, I think most of us are subbed to you anyway. Loved the Out Run episode. Made me want to play it but my copy of Out Run won't play on my new Saturn. The early runs of the game won't play on Model 2 Saturns for some reason. Need to buy another copy...
Yeah, I have heard of that before. I have a very early grey saturn :)

Out Run in 60fps is the best thing of probably ever :uberbonlerget:
Saturn Out Run makes every other version in existence obsolete (arcade included).

Playing it almost on a monthly base since it was released.

Tatsujin

rolflolubermax @ the mentioning in the US manual that they had removed the arranged tracks from the Japanese version IMG IMG IMG

Ji-L87

Aw yeah, OutRun. I grew up on that. It was the first Mega Drive game I played when I got the system that Christmas. I like how the Testarossa seems a bit lower & wider in that version, compared to the others. Speaking of which, I need to pick the Saturn version up soon!

Before I got back into console gaming, I found the pc-version of Coast to Coast for really, really cheap in GAME store. The controls are...well, the "easy" cars aren't that bad but it's weirdly twitchy and sometimes it more feels like being strapped to a railroad than running down the road - especially crashes and bumps tend to screw it up for you. Like, the not so good parts from Ridge Racers controls. I imagine it's easier to play with a wheel or analog stick. Still, awesome music - converted the .ogg files in the game's music folder to mp3 -but I know some people on youtube already mentioned that. Still, loving me some OutRun.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

GohanX

If you aren't playing with analog steering I can see you having control problems, the game uses precise steering so going full left and full right all the time would make the game borderline unplayable I think.

Chuplayer

Quote from: JKM on 01/10/2012, 02:53 PMIf you aren't playing with analog steering I can see you having control problems, the game uses precise steering so going full left and full right all the time would make the game borderline unplayable I think.
This is true. I have the PC version, and it's excellent with a controller that has an analog stick.

I also have every other version of OR2006 as well as OR2 for the original Xbox. I'm an OR2/SP fanatic, and I can safely say that the PC version rules. It even has full 1080p that even outdoes that half-butted Outrun Online Arcade thing, too. I saw some comparison screenshots between many different versions on some Japanese site a couple years back, and the PC version topped them all.

The PSP version is good if you have custom firmware and can max out the CPU/GPU speed.

Joe Redifer

Samurai Ghost

Nice episode! I'll just pretend you guys answered my request for a rail shooter video in the comments of the Out Run vid.

Mathius

I am ashamed that I don't own any Panzer Dragoon games on my Saturn. I really need to get off my ass and pick one up.

Ji-L87

^Same. I do want an Xbox  so I can play Orta (& some other games I thought would work on my 360 but didn't).
Speaking of railshooters, what about those Virtua Cop/Time Crisis-kind of games? I always lumped they in the same genre. Would be nice seeing an episode about that ; ) *hint hint*
CHECKPOINT!

BlueBMW

Mati.. if you've got a J saturn or a modded US one, I think ive got both panzer dragoons extra...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/16/2012, 11:34 AMMati.. if you've got a J saturn or a modded US one, I think ive got both panzer dragoons extra...
I just may take you up on that offer. :) I have a Pro Action Replay so I am good to go.

esteban

Hey, do some of those light gun games technically qualify as rail shooters? ;)

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 01/16/2012, 07:49 PMHey, do some of those light gun games technically qualify as rail shooters? ;)
That's a good question. :-k

Joe Redifer

I think they do, but I'd rather feature them in a light gun episode.

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/16/2012, 08:53 PMI think they do, but I'd rather feature them in a light gun episode.
Oh, I totally agree. I asked only because I just watched your NES vs. SMS light gun episode!  I wasn't kidding about "catching up on old episodes".

Also, I loved this:

IMG

Mathius

QuoteSometimes, you just gotta let all the puss leak out of the reddened area
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe Redifer

Next time I try something like that, I'll make the text so small that you'll be forced to switch it to 1080p to read it.  Granted, I have no idea what to say... yet.

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/17/2012, 01:52 AMNext time I try something like that, I'll make the text so small that you'll be forced to switch it to 1080p to read it.  Granted, I have no idea what to say... yet.
You evil bastard! :) I've been watching Game Sac primarily in my phone, which means I'm often on the toilet when I see you. And Dave.

Seriously.

Joe Redifer

Joe Redifer

Mathius

I am surprised you two are still alive considering Neo-Geo.com's mercenary force they use to deal with unsanctioned conversions. :wink: