What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?

Started by Dark Fact, 02/16/2006, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Redifer

It's settled.  When World War 3 starts, Australia gets the first nuke.

Digi.k

hahah this was soooo funny because its just sooo messed up!!
kids just beware of what you get yourselves into out there!!  Man if i had kids that got someone to come over to do something like that I would get the meat cleaver out and chase the stranger away!

TR0N

Quote from: guyjin on 02/24/2007, 11:13 AMheh. I like how they try to make super mario kart look slow and dumpy, when it's probably the best game in the commercial.  :roll:

But that led me to this:
I had no idea Australians pronounced it 'see-ga'   :lol:
To late i linked that add befor here.
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=1350.msg25710#msg25710
Still i chuckle every time i hear seega.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TR0N

Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/24/2007, 07:23 AM
:shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Classic i miss the days of sega vs nintendo.
Still i liked this add for the most for the, GG.
Dead Squrriel GameGear vs Gameboy
IMG

Joe Redifer

My favorite part of that one is how the last few seconds are cut off for NO REASON!  People who upload to Youtube are incredibly skilled.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TR0N

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/24/2007, 10:55 PMMy favorite part of that one is how the last few seconds are cut off for NO REASON!  People who upload to Youtube are incredibly skilled.
That they do on video game adds for some odd reason.

Or.. the picture is mess up where it's too blocky and crap  ](*,)
IMG

Tatsujin

btw. about this "vs. CM", where they allowed in the states? and if yes, till when? i'm aware that they are or was alowed in australia. remember the pepsi vs. coca cola CMs in the past.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

PCEngineHell

Joe Redifer

I don't think that Jeff is the "Hippest" guy in town.  He may be the most of something else, but certainly not hip.  And Mr. T sure likes Manny.

TR0N

IMG

Keranu

I watched every second of that video and loved it. Man the millenium sure sucks ass, I wish the 80's would come back :( . Mr. T should show these teenagers a thing or two today.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

TR0N

Quote from: Keranu on 02/26/2007, 08:41 PMI watched every second of that video and loved it. Man the millenium sure sucks ass, I wish the 80's would come back :( . Mr. T should show these teenagers a thing or two today.
I'll take the entertainment from the 80's but, not the clothes.

I know.. i don't miss jeans that were so tight ya couldn't breath.
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Joe Redifer

I can't get over "Kelly's" hairdo and nasty sunglasses.  Supposedly she's off to run around the block a few times.  She may stop traffic but not for the reasons Mr. T thinks she will.  Also, I like how Mr. T thinks "Manny" looks tough.  That kid would get beat up for dressing like that even in the 80's.  However he's the only one that Mr. T will step on camera for just to watch (and Mr. T really seems into it), so it's likely that Mr. T follows Manny around everywhere and can protect him.  Poor Manny, always on the run from Mr. T's passions.

So what is considered "fashionable" here in the 00's that we will be laughing about in the 20's?  Goth makeup has been around forever so that isn't distinctly 00's.

NecroPhile

Makes me wonder if "Manny" had dreams that Mr. T was a faggot (thanks Eddie).  :lol:

On a side note, I always laugh when Mr. T shows up on Conan O'Brien.  He can never keep a straight face in 'The Year 2000' bit.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Keranu

Mr. T is the best whenever he's on Conan. Last time I saw him on Conan was when Conan was doing his show in Chicago for four nights and Mr. T showed Conan around where he grew up: the southside projects :D . I was laughing hard at that.
IMG

GUTS

Conan is probably the funniest man alive, I can't think of anybody funnier.

Keranu

Quote from: GUTS on 02/27/2007, 03:15 PMConan is probably the funniest man alive, I can't think of anybody funnier.
This man.
IMG

merriman_bk

IMG
----------------------------------------------
Sold to: 2X4, carbon tiger, chop5, grahf, gundarN, hizaygizirlz, Joe Redifer, Keranu, MrFulci, nat, runinruder, shubibiman, steve666, T2KFreeker
ebay id: merriman_bk --> 100% positive

TurboXray

TR0N

Quote from: TurboXray on 02/27/2007, 10:09 PMJackie Chan in Street Fighter
I've seen it befor i have it on dvd.

It's from the movie (city hunter) base loosely on the manga&anime of the same name.

I've herd it's, Jackie Chan least favorite movie that he did.

Still i think it's one of the funnyest movies that he star in.
IMG

TR0N

G4 Icons-Metal Gear&Hideo Kojima-Part 1
G4 Icons-Metal Gear&Hideo Kojima-Part 2
Bonus vid!
Another one from AVGN while it's not on youtube yet the hell with it.
AVGN Ghostbusters (NES)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=17324&type=wmv
IMG

MotoRoaderMike

I'm watching this guy review a crappy game called "Treasure Master":
/forumsiggs6.jpg
Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

TR0N

Choco Party
Hmm candy bar and boobs huhuhuhuhuh  :-"

Intellivison:Electric Playground Profile
IMG

Joe Redifer

Ninja Spirit

Hahah best Karate Kid tribute music video ever! You get to see modern day versions of Ralph Macchio, William "Johnny" Zabka, Martin Kove and I think the rest of the Cobra Kais.
"Sweep the Leg" by No More Kings

akamichi

That video was freaking awesome!  Funny as hell!  Watching that just made my day.

PCEngineHell

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6307683077762423268&q=galactica+gag&hl=en

Yea its not on youtube,but its still funny. I'm kinda annoyed how last nights eps went of Battlestar. Not that I really like the Starbuck character all that much,but it was  a wonky way to go,and if indeed she is a Cylon,that makes visiting her mom in visions to come to a reckoning with death kinda stupid.

TR0N

Worst Zelda ever !  :lol: :lol:
Gux Zelda CD-I Experince
Drunk Mario
Yes even plumbers have a dirty mouth  :lol:
IMG

td741

Well, it's not on Youtube, but Keranu might appreciate this. 

In the early '80's, there was this educational program on TVO (aka TVOntario, sort of like PBS in the US) called "Read All About It" (http://www.tv.com/read-all-about-it/show/23715/summary.html).  There are 2 seasons, each having 20 episodes, 15 minutes in length.  For some dumb reason, the show only aired in late mornings or early afternoons (when the target audience was still in school.)  I was only able to catch the show when during vacation or when I was home sick.

About 5 years ago, I sent a message to TVO about purchasing a copy of the show or find out its airing schedule.  (Something triggered a memory and I was once again curious to actually know the whole storyline.)  If I remember correctly, I was informed that the show stopped airing and either TVOntario no longer had the rights to distribute the show or it no longer had the masters.

What's the appeal of the show? 

It's about a group of kids (3 in the first season) who are given access to an old house when one of the kid's uncles went missing and is presumed dead.  Unknown to the kids, this uncle was an inventor.  Inside the coach house they find two... err...  A.I.'s (They called themselves "Thinking Machines")?  One of them, Otto, is in the form of a printer with eyes that types out his messages.  The other, Theta, is more or less a television that uses speech while occasionally displaying the words on screen.  The uncle leaves the children a message that there is a conspiracy and they need to continue his work.  So the children decide to start a newspaper to investigate.  They later find out that the house has a transporter, and that part of the conspiracy involves an evil tyrant from another galaxy...

The educational portion of the show was mainly about teaching vocabulary (hence words being printed.)  The children were also often confronted with word-puzzles.  The children's acting leaved a lot to be desired, and there are a couple of filler episodes (with singing?!).  However, given the age of the show, and its obvious low-budget, the season 1 story-arc is actually pretty well thought-out. :P  I haven't watched Season 2 yet, but from what I remember there is some time-travel and Canadian history, so that season might not be as interesting to those outside of Canada. :P

And it's presently only available to download with very crappy encoding secretly hidden on a site (moderators, feel free to remove the link if fear of copyright infringement issues):
First link:
http://broszkowski.com/tv/readallaboutit/read_1_1.wmv... To access the other episodes, change the link to read_1_2.wmv, read_1_3.wmv, all the way to 20.  For season 2, change the first digit to a 2 and the second digits from 1 to 20 again. (i.e. read_2_1.wmv to read_2_20.wmv).

Each file is about 5 megs each.  It's best to download each file sequentially.  The first time I tried to download a bunch of the files simultaneously, the server died. ;)

Edit: Need more sleep...

Keranu

That sounds like a fantastic show, td741, thanks for the info and links! I'll be sure to watch some of that later.
IMG

td741

Your welcome... Let me know what you think. ;)

esteban

Quote from: td741 on 03/06/2007, 11:01 AMWell, it's not on Youtube, but Keranu might appreciate this. 

In the early '80's, there was this educational program on TVO (aka TVOntario, sort of like PBS in the US) called "Read All About It" (http://www.tv.com/read-all-about-it/show/23715/summary.html).  There are 2 seasons, each having 20 episodes, 15 minutes in length.  For some dumb reason, the show only aired in late mornings or early afternoons (when the target audience was still in school.)  I was only able to catch the show when during vacation or when I was home sick.

About 5 years ago, I sent a message to TVO about purchasing a copy of the show or find out its airing schedule.  (Something triggered a memory and I was once again curious to actually know the whole storyline.)  If I remember correctly, I was informed that the show stopped airing and either TVOntario no longer had the rights to distribute the show or it no longer had the masters.

What's the appeal of the show? 

It's about a group of kids (3 in the first season) who are given access to an old house when one of the kid's uncles went missing and is presumed dead.  Unknown to the kids, this uncle was an inventor.  Inside the coach house they find two... err...  A.I.'s (They called themselves "Thinking Machines")?  One of them, Otto, is in the form of a printer with eyes that types out his messages.  The other, Theta, is more or less a television that uses speech while occasionally displaying the words on screen.  The uncle leaves the children a message that there is a conspiracy and they need to continue his work.  So the children decide to start a newspaper to investigate.  They later find out that the house has a transporter, and that part of the conspiracy involves an evil tyrant from another galaxy...

The educational portion of the show was mainly about teaching vocabulary (hence words being printed.)  The children were also often confronted with word-puzzles.  The children's acting leaved a lot to be desired, and there are a couple of filler episodes (with singing?!).  However, given the age of the show, and its obvious low-budget, the season 1 story-arc is actually pretty well thought-out. :P  I haven't watched Season 2 yet, but from what I remember there is some time-travel and Canadian history, so that season might not be as interesting to those outside of Canada. :P

And it's presently only available to download with very crappy encoding secretly hidden on a site (moderators, feel free to remove the link if fear of copyright infringement issues):
First link:
http://broszkowski.com/tv/readallaboutit/read_1_1.wmv... To access the other episodes, change the link to read_1_2.wmv, read_1_3.wmv, all the way to 20.  For season 2, change the first digit to a 2 and the second digits from 1 to 20 again. (i.e. read_2_1.wmv to read_2_20.wmv).

Each file is about 5 megs each.  It's best to download each file sequentially.  The first time I tried to download a bunch of the files simultaneously, the server died. ;)

Edit: Need more sleep...
Jesus Christ this sounds awesome td! I don't think I've ever heard / seen this show before (but PBS did play a lot of TVO stuff, so I'll have to watch the episodes to see if anything is remotely recognizable... though from your description I highly doubt I've seen it).

Sounds awesome! There wasn't a talking typewriter in this show? With big eyes? And a blonde girl with pig-tails? Probably not... but I had to ask.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

td741

There is a blond girl in pig-tails named "Lynne", and the Otto does have big eyes and could be considered a typewriter although being more of a nerd I thought he was more of a printer.  He didn't use speech though, just beep and print out stuff...  A "closeup" of the print-out would be used to show the words Otto would type.

The other characters is Samantha (the "smart-one", although it's not like everyone relied on her for all of the answers).  And Chris the only guy in the group (at least for Season 1, and part of Season 2 at least.)

esteban

Quote from: td741 on 03/06/2007, 11:49 PMThere is a blond girl in pig-tails named "Lynne", and the Otto does have big eyes and could be considered a typewriter although being more of a nerd I thought he was more of a printer.  He didn't use speech though, just beep and print out stuff...  A "closeup" of the print-out would be used to show the words Otto would type.

The other characters is Samantha (the "smart-one", although it's not like everyone relied on her for all of the answers).  And Chris the only guy in the group (at least for Season 1, and part of Season 2 at least.)
DO YOU FRIGGIN' UNDERSTAND THAT YOU JUST MADE MY DAY??!! I whimsically put this on my XMAS list a few months ago! HOLY CRAP I never thought that someone on these boards would know the answer!

You sir, fucking rule! I can tell you that this series aired on PBS stations up until the mid- to late- eighties. I loved the show... it was eery! I recall some neat soundscapes (like dripping water in a cave that echoes). If my memory serves me, then the other show(s) I referenced in the aforementioned thread must also have been TVO productions! So, if you find out the name of the show where the mustachioed artist draws pictures whilst narrating stories, tell me! I recall an episode with "Pickle Juice" and another episode with a young boy who wants to start a toothpaste business but can't figure out how to put toothpaste into a tube (he buys a whole crate of tubes at a flea market or something).

Awesome!

And I still haven't watched the videos you linked too because I'm on a mac. :)

td741

QuoteDO YOU FRIGGIN' UNDERSTAND THAT YOU JUST MADE MY DAY??!! I whimsically put this on my XMAS list a few months ago! HOLY CRAP I never thought that someone on these boards would know the answer!
Well if it looked like this: http://www.rickstv.com/tvo/read.html then that's the show?

Here is a small list of other TVO shows: http://www.rickstv.com/tvo/

esteban

Quote from: td741 on 03/08/2007, 10:13 AM
QuoteDO YOU FRIGGIN' UNDERSTAND THAT YOU JUST MADE MY DAY??!! I whimsically put this on my XMAS list a few months ago! HOLY CRAP I never thought that someone on these boards would know the answer!
Well if it looked like this: http://www.rickstv.com/tvo/read.html then that's the show?
That's the show! The funny thing is, I only remember the girl Lynne and the typewriter / printer thing. I don't remember much else (except Lynne sneaking around inside hallways / rooms).

As for the TVO shows, man, I used to watch a whole bunch of them (courtesy PBS). I've been trying to find a picutre of John Robbins to see if "Readit" is the show I'm thinking of. There was an identical show with the same format (artist drawing in real-time while story is narrated) but with a crusty gray-haired trollish grandma. She was a great artist, too, but she didn't have the charisma (or the fierce seriousness) of the flannel-shirted dude.

td741

Awesome!  I didn't expect anyone else on this forum to have watched the show.

I hope you enjoy it!  I finished watching the second season.  The first half isn't that great but the 2nd half is actually pretty good...

esteban

Quote from: td741 on 03/08/2007, 01:41 PMAwesome!  I didn't expect anyone else on this forum to have watched the show.

I hope you enjoy it!  I finished watching the second season.  The first half isn't that great but the 2nd half is actually pretty good...
It's a one in a billion chance, but have you ever seen "High Feather" ?  It was most likely a PBS production, set in a summer camp, and it was a great "teen" drama. It was allegedly designed to teach health / hygiene, but I never realized that as a kid. Anyway, I tried to find info about this show many, many years ago and only found one person who knew about it.

The theme song was absolutely friggin' beautiful, too. It had everything! I don't think it has aired since mid-eighties.

TR0N

Drunk Squirrel
Wooden Spoon Prank
IMG

td741

Quote from: stevek666 on 03/08/2007, 03:24 PM
It's a one in a billion chance, but have you ever seen "High Feather" ?  It was most likely a PBS production, set in a summer camp, and it was a great "teen" drama. It was allegedly designed to teach health / hygiene, but I never realized that as a kid. Anyway, I tried to find info about this show many, many years ago and only found one person who knew about it.[/quote]
I don't think I've ever saw that one.  The only teen drama I saw was Degrassi on CBC. :P

esteban

Quote from: td741 on 03/09/2007, 10:13 AMI don't think I've ever saw that one.  The only teen drama I saw was Degrassi on CBC. :P
Degrassi rules! I actually met the chubby bully from the later seasons (when they are in high school). It must have been '92-'93 and my friend and I were camping overnight in the NBC building (NYC) to get stand-by tickets (a weekly event for us). The chubby bully was there one time, but he had actual tickets, IIRC. I don't think anyone recognized him outside of myself and one other girl. I would have been much more excited if it had been any other member of the cast from the earlier seasons... but at least he helped us meet this cute girl :).

I've tried watching the new Degrassi series... but the production values are too slick and it's more sit-com/soap-opera than teen drama. Oh well, I guess I'm getting old.

Anecdote #3: The Museum of Television and Radio in Beverly Hills had a retrospective on Canadian stuff a few years ago. They screened a few episodes of Degrassi and other random teen shows. One of them was a hoot: it was a typical teen drama -- but set in the "goth" sub-culture! Despite its cheesiness, this show was much closer in spirit to the original Degrassi series. I suppose that is why they chose it :).

TR0N

Warped TV:Tighten Up The Graphics
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

QuoteWarped TV:Tighten Up The Graphics
Some things in life, you cannot un-see.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

GUTS

The commercial was funny but the next 3 minutes were fucking retarded and all the people involved need to be gassed.  Internet nerds ARE NOT FUNNY and shouldn't be allowed to make anything.

PCEngineHell

Guys are fuckin funny.Been watching everything they do since Tom goes to the Mayor. One of their podcast was great where they just harassed Apple for awhile on the phone over obtaining funds to finish their podcast show.

Joe Redifer

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TR0N

IMG