RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?

Started by Dark Fact, 02/16/2006, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

NES Mugen:Mario Goes Duck-Hunting
This is how duck hunt should be played  :roll:

Cyndi Lauper-Lactose Intolerant
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Kitsunexus

Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

TR0N

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 05/13/2007, 12:00 PM
Quote from: Tron on 05/13/2007, 04:13 AMNES Mugen:Mario Goes Duck-Hunting
This is how duck hunt should be played  :roll:
Actually....
http://www.games4all.co.nr/Duck_Doom_Deluxe.zip
Ok that made my windows crash what ever.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Kitsunexus

Your computer crashed trying to play Duck Doom?  :lol: Stop buying your computers at the Salvation Army.

This is what you're missing > http://www.realtechnews.com/posts/1746

TR0N

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 05/13/2007, 11:23 PMYour computer crashed trying to play Duck Doom?  :lol: Stop buying your computers at the Salvation Army.

This is what you're missing > http://www.realtechnews.com/posts/1746
Nope it's a, Dell got directly from the company too.. still you know windows it's full of bugs.

Sigh wish i had a mac instead.
IMG

TR0N

This video is at video.google.com but... hey easier to link in this thread.
NeoGeo Shooting Special
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5476884842951691955
I will warn you all the audio isn't perfect.

Still when i watch this video last year it did make easy for me when, concerning what shmups i wanted for the neo-geo.

Btw a member at neo-geo.com made this.
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Kitsunexus

Funny ass scene from one of my favorite movies:

Kitsunexus

Now it's time to put some GOOD MUSIC into this thread:

Ladies and gentlemen, Skinny Puppy:

BonkThis

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Kitsunexus

ROTFLMAO!!! I would try that if I wasn't afraid of getting beaten up. :cry:

TR0N

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 05/15/2007, 10:06 PMROTFLMAO!!! I would try that if I wasn't afraid of getting beaten up. :cry:
To bad the subtitles are in spanish  :P
IMG

TR0N

Now onto my favorite scene from a movie.
Holy Grail-Killer Bunny
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Tron on 05/15/2007, 10:45 PMNow onto my favorite scene from a movie.
Holy Grail-Killer Bunny
OK, if anybody DOESN'T love this scene/movie, kill yourself, because obviously you are no good to anyone and are probably the result of a condom with a hole in it.

Seriously, awesome awesome movie.

TR0N

AVGN Sega 32x review
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=19558&type=wmv
Now you won't see me defend what he says about the 32x.

I don't care, what any one says i still see the 32x as a wasted effort... to keep the genesis alive.
IMG

Kitsunexus

The 32X could have been AWESOME, if it wasn't built like shit and under-utilized.

JoshTurboTrollX

hahah  :mrgreen:  the 32X.

At least the Arcade Card didn't require all that horse shit that the 32x had!

hahahah!!

NecroPhile

Quote from: Tron on 05/16/2007, 01:02 AMI don't care, what any one says i still see the 32x as a wasted effort... to keep the genesis alive.
Agreed, but it was damn stupid of Sega to try to keep the Genny alive after they had released the Saturn.  It's a real mystery why Sega of Japan and Sega of America didn't better coordinate their projects, and I refuse to believe that they knew nothing of each others plans.  Actually, it's surprising that the US operations had enough freedom to even bring the 32x to life.

Quote from: turbo_sage on 05/16/2007, 11:48 AMAt least the Arcade Card didn't require all that horse shit that the 32x had!
True, but the Arcade Card didn't increase the color palette, improve the sound capabilities, or add any processing power.  Adding two megabytes of memory is nice and all, but it isn't really comparable.
Here's a little something that won't even register on your WTF meter.  Uhhh, wait..... she's how old?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

JoshTurboTrollX

QuoteHere's a little something that won't even register on your WTF meter.  Uhhh, wait..... she's how old?
I think I just threw up in my mouth!

QuoteTrue, but the Arcade Card didn't increase the color palette, improve the sound capabilities, or add any processing power. 
And the 32x did?  In what games again?  Any that I have played looked worse than most SNES games!

Happy belated Mothers day!!

NecroPhile

The 32x certainly did increase the Genny's capabilities, but games didn't really take advantage of it.  The 32x version of Night Trap supposedly uses the wider color palette; has anybody here seen the SegaCD and 32x versions side by side?

Joe Redifer

I will try to post some screens of both the Sega CD and 32X Night Traps soon.  For increased color palettes, check out the 32X versions of Space Harrier and After Burner for starters.  Both feature better-than-Genesis sound as well.  There is one screen in Space Harrier that puts about 4,200 colors onscreen at once.  That's almost as impressive as Keith Courage!

CrackTiger

The 32X-CD fmv games I tried back in the day looked good to great. The 32X made fmv games on Sega-CD worthwhile... if you're into those kinds of games.

I remember how Corpse Killer seemed almost like VHS or 3DO video at the time.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Joe Redifer

Corpse Killer is probably the best looking FMV game on the 32X CD.  Unfortunately I don't have the regular non-32X version so I can't do comparisons.  But here are two others:

NIGHT TRAP:
IMG
The Sega CD version uses between 40-50 colors onscreen for the entire game.  The 32X version runs at around 300 colors onscreen.
Not the best looking 32X CD game, that's for sure.

FAHRENHEIT:
IMG
The video is much larger and the Sega CD version puts between 30-40 colors onscreen at a time.
The 32X version puts over 400.

termis

The 32x version of Fahrenheit actually looks pretty good.  Gawd, the Sega CD versions looks bad. 

What the hell were they thinking at Sega to not increase the color palette with the Sega CD, especially when they were gonna do all the FMV crap with their games?

Keranu

Whoa those 32x enchancements look great! I've always wanted to try one of those.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

NecroPhile

Thanks Joe!  That's a much bigger improvement than I was expecting, but I still think that the 32x sucks.

esteban

Joe, I love the SegaCD vs. 32X screenshots you posted -- MOST EXCELLENT. :) Thank you.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Joe Redifer

Quote from: thumpin_termisWhat the hell were they thinking at Sega to not increase the color palette with the Sega CD, especially when they were gonna do all the FMV crap with their games?
I agree that the Sega CD would have done well to increase the color palette if that was technically feasible.  But when they designed the thing they certainly weren't thinking "FMV".  After the hardware was made, some software guys said "Hey we can do FMV on this thing, it might be neat in a couple of games!".  Then marketing saw it and said "We shall use FMV in every game because we want the Sega CD to be a 'multimedia" device and become the next VCR since we are extraordinarily retarded beyond all belief!"

Kitsunexus

Wow, that's almost VHS quality!  :shock:

JoshTurboTrollX

TurboXray

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 05/17/2007, 09:35 AMWow, that's almost VHS quality!  :shock:
Uhh...yeah. Not *quite* VHS quality :mrgreen:

Joe - is the frame rate improved? I figured they should be since the 32x processor could handle more complex(compression algorithm) cinepak codecs than the SegaCD could.

Joe Redifer

It's about the same depending on the game.  Keep in mind that the Sega CD is only 1X so it can only receive so much data at a time.

GUTS

I always thought Tomcat Alley and Fahrenheit looked pretty decent on regular CD seeing as how they managed full screen FMV.  Hell Tomcat Alley wasn't too bad of an FMV game, I wish they would have done a 32x port of that one instead of fahrenheit.

guyjin

Quote from: Keranu on 05/16/2007, 11:32 PMWhoa those 32x enchancements look great! I've always wanted to try one of those.
They aren't really 32X 'enhancements'; at least in the case of Farenheit, the game just comes with 2 discs: Regular SegaCD and 32X versions. Two crap games for the price of one.  :P

CrackTiger

Quote from: TurboXray on 05/17/2007, 08:52 PM
Quote from: Kitsunexus on 05/17/2007, 09:35 AMWow, that's almost VHS quality!  :shock:
Uhh...yeah. Not *quite* VHS quality :mrgreen:

Joe - is the frame rate improved? I figured they should be since the 32x processor could handle more complex(compression algorithm) cinepak codecs than the SegaCD could.
Hooked up via RF to a blurry TV back in the day it looked like it.  :P
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Joe Redifer

Quote from: guyjinTwo crap games for the price of one.  :P
Are you saying that you'd rather play Bonk's Revenge or perhaps Dracula X over the mighty Fahrenheit?  HOW DARE YOU!

Kitsunexus

Joe Redifer

Keranu

Nice video, Joe! I've been wanting to play that Batman game for Sega CD ever since I was a kid!! I really need to get it someday. I have Batman and Robin, but that game is so damn hard, as are the snowboarding parts in Cliffhanger!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Joe Redifer

I have discovered that 95% of the games that use the Sega CD's scaling feature are DAMN TOUGH!  A high level of difficulty must be part of the contract Sega insists upon if you want to use the math chip, which does the scaling.

Keranu

And the effect itself can't be blamed for the difficulty because I can control the games just fine, but they decided to make them damn hard! Unlike some SNES games, such as Mario Kart, I have a harder time playing them because of the controls.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Awesome video, and awesome music!

CrackTiger

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/19/2007, 05:20 PMAnd now...
Great examples of the hardware scaling and rotation built in to the Sega CD.
I have to buy every game I don't have from that video now.  :P

Some of those games look like early 32-bit 3D titles(or better :wink:).

Sega should've port most of it's super scaler arcades to Mega-CD instead of 32X.

Did I see some fully 3D rings in Batman & Robin?  :shock:

TR0N

Frist Official John Rambo (Rambo 4) Tease Trailer
:shock: :shock:
Dunno this might turn out good.
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

TR0N

Realy the CDI was so glitch ridden  :lol: :P
Hotel Mario:UCTIONS!
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: turbo_sage on 05/19/2007, 10:56 PMTurbo Madness 16 part 2?

A sequel?!?!

Enjoy!
Fantastic! You know you have to make like 10 sequels now like every good horror movie! ;) I got a huge kick out of the part with the Dungeon Explorer music playing.
IMG