What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?

Started by Dark Fact, 02/16/2006, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kosko99

Dicer

esteban

Quote from: Dicer on 04/01/2016, 02:10 PM
I don't care how formulaic this song may be, I really enjoyed listening to it.

Crazy, balmy weather in NJ.

Windows open for the thunderstorm outside.

This song complements all of it.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Dicer

Quote from: esteban on 04/01/2016, 06:45 PM
Quote from: Dicer on 04/01/2016, 02:10 PM
I don't care how formulaic this song may be, I really enjoyed listening to it.

Crazy, balmy weather in NJ.

Windows open for the thunderstorm outside.

This song complements all of it.
Happy to help, I dig royksopp and I've always dug on Robyn, so both together...tis good.

But for now

"Warren G ft. Nate Dogg | Regulate | Sesame Street Version"

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Bloufo

KnightWarrior

I was just watched Pat the NES Punk about the Gold Analogue NT

sirhcman

TR0N

IMG

kosko99

My brother in law... so jealous lol.

NecroPhile

Due to budget cuts, the new Transformers: Destructicons movie isn't expected to match the box office performance of earlier entries in the franchise.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

kosko99

wilykat

Youtube has the annoying suggested video pane on the right side that do not reflect correctly to what I am watching.  Usually I watch dash cam video accidents (mostly russian) and silly cat stuff.  Now and then Ronja's Paradise shows up there but that short video has nothing to do with car crash or cats.

Ronja's Paradise comes from the Swedish movie Ronja the Robber's Daughter movie (based on the book) which takes place a few centuries ago.

Back on topic, this one is funny as hell:

esteban

wilykat

To be fair, cats typically can't see that well.  They can only see some color and they do have trouble seeing object that isn't moving so when they see cucumbers, it kinds of resembles snakes and that spooks them.

One of my cat just eats em, she hasn't been outside since she was oh about 10 weeks old and probably hasn't seen any snake.  The other 2 gets their hair up and make angry noise as they back off. No crazy jumps though.  I guess snakes in Michigan aren't dangerous enough to cats, just scary hiss.

esteban

Quote from: wilykat on 04/25/2016, 12:03 PMTo be fair, cats typically can't see that well.  They can only see some color and they do have trouble seeing object that isn't moving so when they see cucumbers, it kinds of resembles snakes and that spooks them.

One of my cat just eats em, she hasn't been outside since she was oh about 10 weeks old and probably hasn't seen any snake.  The other 2 gets their hair up and make angry noise as they back off. No crazy jumps though.  I guess snakes in Michigan aren't dangerous enough to cats, just scary hiss.
I saw a documentary on cats defending themselves against various predators (coyotes, hawks, snakes, etc.) and was surprised to learn that sea cucumbers aggressively hunt felines. So... cats may instinctively get defensive around anything resembling a sea cucumber.

:)

Medic_wheat

Found this today. The rest of the channel has test footage and scraped ideas.

Apart from the voice action which is very meh it is a fun fan animation of Star Fox characters.

The art style reminds me of the old fritz the cat, subversive art you would find in the 70s and 80s. Pretty much anything you'd find that Ralph Balshi would make a movie into.

Found the Flash Goardan idea in the other uploaded videos to be funny as well.

TR0N

IMG

NightWolve

https://youtu.be/iY8YxVX26Bs

Saru & Rover's homebrew game currently in development.

About where the excellent music kicks in, turn up the volume and enjoy:

esteban

Joe Redifer

A tutorial for a platformer? Are tutorials something people actually desire in a game?

crazydean

Henshin Engine? Looks good. Any word on whether this will be CD-based?

Gredler

Quote from: crazydean on 05/05/2016, 08:48 PMHenshin Engine? Looks good. Any word on whether this will be CD-based?
It is CD based

NightWolve

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/05/2016, 07:40 PMA tutorial for a platformer? Are tutorials something people actually desire in a game?
And there goes Joe... ever the party-pooper, always gotta be first in with the nit-pick criticism right out of the batter's box. ;)

Joe Redifer

That doesn't answer my question. Do people want tutorials in games? Especially simple games where the controls are basically common sense?

NightWolve

Oh, permiso, permiso, mi amigo!! It's serious business 'round here, forgot, my apologies! Joe don't like the bullcrap around here, either answer his grumpy questions when put forth or buzz off... :lol:

Do *most* people want/need/like/care-for tutorials in a game ? Probably not for teens and up, no. I personally never minded/cared when I first saw the concept in Super Mario World. It doesn't offend me to your level, but different strokes for different folks of course. Sometimes there were important tips from the tutorial boxes though, but I'm the type that's far too lazy for instruction manuals, let alone tutorial stuff, so I like to just jump right in most of the time.

In this case, it seems to be a cutesy way to introduce the two characters the story revolves around, have them interact, while providing a tutorial on the side. I think I saw this before in Mega Man X, quick little tutorials by other characters to explain moves and what not, but yeah, I know I've seen it somewhere before.

Anyway, I don't care one way or another as long as they don't last too long or get really annoying.

Reposted (P.S. One must blast the speakers to really enjoy that tune!):

Mathius

I can't wait for this game! Anyone know where I can jump on this bandwagon? Are they doing pre-orders?

NightWolve

Way too early for that I'd say, but Saru/Rover'n'company will let you know in time as development progresses. But here would be the links to keep an eye on:

https://www.fxunityuki.com/
https://www.facebook.com/fxunityuki
https://www.sarumaru.com/product/fx-unit-yuki-for-the-pc-engine-turbograffx-16-super-cd-rom

The comic thread right here, the genesis of the idea for a game arose from it:

FX-Unit Yuki: A PC Engine Tribute Comic.

crazydean

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/06/2016, 07:59 PMThat doesn't answer my question. Do people want tutorials in games? Especially simple games where the controls are basically common sense?
Depends. I hate it when games throw you into the mix without giving an overview of controls. Sure, many are obvious, but I remember playing Magical Chase for the first time and being frustrated on how to use items. Double-tapping a button to use an item is not intuitive.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: NightWolve on 05/06/2016, 08:42 PMOh, permiso, permiso, mi amigo!! It's serious business 'round here, forgot, my apologies! Joe don't like the bullcrap around here, either answer his grumpy questions when put forth or buzz off... :lol:
What's with the angst, dude? I ask a simple question and you give me 'tude in back-to-back posts. I've never seen a 16-bit game tell me how to walk and jump before. However it could work as a good parody of modern gaming but I don't get the feeling that's what this game is going for (yet, anyway).

NightWolve

You're asking *me* what's with the angst ? Wow, you really don't take to joking around! Grumpy grumpy!

"Rawr, I just want my questions answered when I ask them, no sass!!!!"

Joe Redifer

That's it, I'm buying 3 Xseed games.

Sarumaru

Nightwolve hit the nail on the head when he said that the mock-tutorial (which lasts all but less than a minute) is really just there to have that interaction between Master En and Yuki. The spoken lines (minus the button commands) were taken from the script in the comic.

But more importantly.....

Joe Redifer

I guess that's the female version of this:

joeredifer .com/crap/acquirecurrency.png

TR0N

IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/07/2016, 03:53 PMThat's it, I'm buying 3 Xseed games.
Heh, always gotta go for the below the belt one. ;)

But to explain my reaction better, the thing about your questions/point was it objectively was conveying to them that they wasted hundreds of work hours programming an in-game tutorial which is something nobody, but nobody would ever want. Your tone felt too blunt, too SignOfZeta-esque, like "ZOMG, it's useless, who wants that ? There are actually people that want that ? Why was it done ? This is common sense stuff, etc..."

That's why I felt there was criticism here for the manner/tone on how you levied the criticism and in the context of a new homebrew PCE game which is rare. They're just getting this game off the ground, and your first impression right off the bat was just to tell them they wasted hundreds of work hours on something nobody would ever want... That would be dispiriting from their perspective.

Now, I'm not saying you're wrong to speak your near-total opposition to in-game tutorials in some way, but for that to have been the only thing you had to say about this, and the first thing, just to criticize it, it struck me as a bit SignOfZeta-esque rude/blunt. I think it could've been softened somehow in how you raised the issue, if that makes sense, give 'em A-for-effort in getting this started and then go into your pet-peeve about tutorials...

As I said before, if it's relatively short, and I'm not trapped in it (maybe Select escapes from it), I don't care enough one way or another, same with cinemas. I didn't notice it as a problem at all until your post because the higher priority/value here is the system is getting a new serious homebrew game that isn't a cat with a MegaMan head on it running around or a simple Atari knock-off, and as far as I can tell, it's a cutesy/charming way to have the characters interact to get the story started. Like all things in time, you'll get sick of it, but I think it has somewhat of a charm to it.

Anyway, GameSack4ever! ;)

OldRover

Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

kosko99

"EATING CORN WITH DRILL GONE WAY TOO WONG!!!"

IMG

youtu.be/BTRw-ASbh_Q

:-s

wildfruit

NightWolve

Quote from: OldRover on 05/10/2016, 10:04 PMHenshin Engine - Stage 00 Nearly Finished!
Looking good! Those development years lost to Mysterious Song paid off well in mastery of PCE programming. ;)

I hope Saru's composer can deliver more music greatness throughout the game! That's the real test, but very promising so far!

esteban

Quote from: wildfruit on 05/12/2016, 03:53 PM
I could watch this all day
I did, back in the day.

Whenever friends visited, I showed them this sequence.

...And then followed it up with some Last Alert.

Medic_wheat

Okay I was going to hit the hay but I was looking on YouTube for videos on HD CRTS with DVI input and I happened on this video.

It honestly made me want to punch the next millennial I see.

It only was the video something. That boiled my blood, the levels of danger this kid out himself in when smashing the CRT TV even reaching in at the cathode Ray tube with bare hands made me worrie some ass hat would imitate him.

Then There were the comments. Wow kids REALLY do not know shit about retro gaming or even CRT TVS. Like at all. It both made me feel old (hello 35th birthday today) and annoyed.
So I present to you a ass hat. Smashing a CRT tv which he called a "POS tv" and hopes that the white stuff" he inhaled while smashing the screen doesn't give him a "disease."

NightWolve

This one is Shawn's find and actually does work out being pretty cool. What would a "hypothetical" Bruce Lee versus Jean Claude Van Damme match look like ??

Digi.k

This demo game called Little Chaser on Daezemon Plus which was brought to my attention from hardcore gaming.

the sprite really does have a similarity to Ripple from Magical Chase

NecroPhile

Definitely.  Perhapse whoever made it worked on Magical Chase or was at least a fan.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

TR0N

IMG

NightWolve

It's back... Question is: Will earth be saved once again by Jeff Goldblum's "out-of-this-world" elite hacker skillz using his trusty Apple Mac machine's "compatibility" with alien computers to allow him to once again upload a computer virus ?? That's what I wanna know! :P

P.S. Good to see that William Fichtner will be in this, I think he's a good underrated actor.
Trailer #2:
Trailer #3:

kosko99

Some fails....

"Best Fails of the Week 3 May 2016 || FailArmy"

Gredler

"Goofy Cartoon - Hockey Homicide (1945)"
IMG

TR0N

IMG