32x VS Supergrafx

Started by VenomMacbeth, 09/23/2013, 08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VenomMacbeth

I'm sure this is a dumb question to ask this forum, but which do you think is the better console?

The 32x had a larger library, but the Supergrafx didn't require oodles of wires & power adapters.  Both end in "x" and sold poorly.  Discuss!
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

SignOfZeta

IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 09/23/2013, 08:20 PMI'm sure this is a dumb question to ask this forum, but which do you think is the better console?
a very dumb question indeed :lol:

in technical terms: the 32x for sure (beside the fact that it isn't even a stand alone system)
in games/style/etc. terms: for me personally he SGFX for sure.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Arkhan Asylum

Are we talking about strictly based off the library?

If so, I'd pick the 32X.   

Kolibri and Blackthorne!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

CrackTiger

I prefer the 32X library and have spent much more time with it than the SuperGrafx library, which I had full access to back when I had a SuperGrafx and a flashcard (plus original copies of most of the SGX HuCards).
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Joe Redifer

I just wish I could add a SuperGrafx onto my TurboGrafx-16 instead of having a whole separate console. People lambasted Sega for doing that. But really, there's no way to win.

PunkCryborg

NecroPhile

SGX is OBEY and 32X is FEKA.  There is no comparison.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 09/24/2013, 09:32 AMSGX is OBEY and 32X is FEKA.  There is no comparison.
:idea: :arrow: :!:

close thread
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

VenomMacbeth

I feel like this should lean more in the 32x' favor.  It's got a much larger library, and it's much more affordable.  Comparing specs is a bit unfair, but I definitely prefer the 32x, even with the turds in its library.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Arkhan Asylum

If super grafx had just a few more games I would definitely pick it, but it doesn't really offer much that the PCE itself doesn't offer me.

32X offers me Kolibri, which is Ecco the Dolphin + Drugs.

and all those first person 3Dish explosion games.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

xcrement5x

My answer is probably far from balanced, since I only own the 32X, but I'd give it the edge based on the library mainly.  It's got games for almost every genre (except RPG), and even some very innovative games that were pretty unique for the time. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 09/24/2013, 02:22 PM32X offers me Kolibri, which is Ecco the Dolphin + Drugs.
I thought Ecco the Dolphin was Ecco the Dolphin + Drugs. :lol:

Is Kolibri really all that good?  IE Worth the price of admission?
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

JoshTurboTrollX

This should be a three way dance with the Virtual Boy!  I'd go VB over the 32x and Super Grafx over them both!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 09/24/2013, 03:42 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 09/24/2013, 02:22 PM32X offers me Kolibri, which is Ecco the Dolphin + Drugs.
I thought Ecco the Dolphin was Ecco the Dolphin + Drugs. :lol:

Is Kolibri really all that good?  IE Worth the price of admission? 
I think it's a really fun game and the graphics+music are great.

You basically fly around shooting things that launch enemies out, and save hummingbirds.

_Paul

Space Harrier

After Burner

Win.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: guest on 09/24/2013, 04:26 PMSpace Harrier

After Burner

Win.
Agreed.  Wish they'd taken it a step further & done some scalers we haven't seen a bajillion times, though, like proper versions of Galaxy Force and Thunder Blade.  Or Enduro Racer, maybe?
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Tatsujin

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 09/24/2013, 04:35 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/24/2013, 04:26 PMSpace Harrier

After Burner

Win.
Agreed.  Wish they'd taken it a step further & done some scalers we haven't seen a bajillion times, though, like proper versions of Galaxy Force and Thunder Blade.  Or Enduro Racer, maybe? 
enduro racer = OK, thunderblade = would have been cool (why no saturn version ever?), galaxy force II = impossible.

SignOfZeta

The 32X was a stupid idea and most of the games were C- type stuff with maybe 1 or 2 I'd actually play. It's easily the stupidest thing Sega ever did...but it's still a better library than the SGX.

But I really don't see the point in this question.
IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 09/24/2013, 10:28 PMThe 32X was a stupid idea and most of the games were C- type stuff with maybe 1 or 2 I'd actually play. It's easily the stupidest thing Sega ever did...but it's still a better library than the SGX.

But I really don't see the point in this question.
Um, discussion?  To see if NEC console bias wins over a larger library?  Why post here if you don't see the point, then?
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

VestCunt

Quote from: Nulltard on 09/23/2013, 08:26 PMSGX on the grounds that it is a console.
SGX is an abortion. I love it, but five games does not a console make.

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 09/24/2013, 10:28 PMBut I really don't see the point in this question.
Yeah. On the plus side, it's more interesting than the collector orgies dominating every other thread.
Topic Adjourned.

Arkhan Asylum

Games on the 32X I enjoy:

Kolibri
Darxide (yeahoooo)
Metal head
Blackthorne
Afterburner
Primal Rage!
Space Harrier

some other stuff too

There's at least more crap worth playing on it than SGX.

Tatsujin

isn't Zaxxon Motherbase 2000 considered as one of the better games on the 32x?

CrackTiger

Virtua Fighter
Virtua Racing Deluxe
Doom
Space Harrier
Afterburner

That's enough for me, but there are many more worthwhile games, especially if you judge them on their own and not based on whether they are available elsewhere.

For exclusive games, there's stuff like Tempo, Knuckles Chaotix and Kolibri. Literally all of the exclusive SuperGrafx games are Aldynes, Gandzort and Battle Ace. Aldynes is basically the killer app.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/25/2013, 12:38 AMisn't Zaxxon Motherbase 2000 considered as one of the better games on the 32x?
I've heard it's not fantastic, but I'm a sucker for flat-shaded polygons & spaceship shoot-em-ups, so it's a likely purchase for me.

I've also heard Cosmic Carnage is abysmal, but I've ordered it anyway.  Hopefully it's not so bad with a friend!
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Joe Redifer

Quote from: guest on 09/25/2013, 12:16 AMGames on the 32X I enjoy:

Darxide (yeahoooo)
Can you get past stage 1? I sure as hell can't I don't die or anything, I just keep blowing stuff up and nothing ever happens. Yes, I get the enemy ships, too.

Quote from: guest on 09/25/2013, 12:16 AMPrimal Rage!
Must be an acquired taste.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/28/2013, 02:53 PMCan you get past stage 1? I sure as hell can't I don't die or anything, I just keep blowing stuff up and nothing ever happens. Yes, I get the enemy ships, too.
You have to literally blow everything up.  There's that asteroid meter on the right side that updates when you blow stuff up.

It's basically a really cracked out 3D asteroids game?   You just shoot all the asteroids and flying donuts and stuff.

QuoteMust be an acquired taste.
It's dinosaurs and gorillas burping/farting/killing each other.   It's pretty fun.

Though, the moves in the game are fucking annoying to do with a controller

Opethian

IMG

Joe Redifer

I would give someone $5 to run up to that kangaroo as fast as they could and just start punching and kicking it as hard and as fast as possible.

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/28/2013, 09:52 PMI would give someone $5 to run up to that kangaroo as fast as they could and just start punching and kicking it as hard and as fast as possible.
That's cruel and not amusing. I'll pay someone $5 to urinate on your computer. That's cruel but amusing.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Joe Redifer

No, it would be very amusing.

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/29/2013, 03:24 PMNo, it would be very amusing.
Hahhahahaahaha. I suppose so.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

geise

Hmm... people seem to forget Tempo.  Love that game.