RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Limited Run Games

Started by Medic_wheat, 06/03/2016, 04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gypsy

Quote from: schweaty on 05/10/2017, 10:08 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/10/2017, 09:10 AM
Quote from: schweaty on 05/10/2017, 08:52 AMIs it still "limited run" if play-asia is taking pre-orders for the same games?
I assume there's won't also be NA region, so yes.
I believe the ps4 is region free and play-asia advertises wonderboy and Ys origin as multi-language.  Will there be any difference in the gaming experience for NA players?
Yes the LRG version will be numbered for collectards. Also they will remain unopened. Key differences right thurrrr.  :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

geise

Quote from: TR0N on 05/10/2017, 03:43 AMDamn you LRG !!! They get the physical release for wonderboy the dragons trap.
http://www.limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/wonder-boy-the-dragons-trap
Well there goes any chance of people being able to get it without hitting f5 to pre-order. That's a game that shouldn't be in a limited release.

Oh a few weeks ago I went to the East Coast Gaming conference in Raleigh, NC.  Limited Run games was there selling their warez.  The CEO of LRG and Mighty Rabbit was there to give a session on how to keep your game company afloat.  Also, they were selling games that were "sold out" on their site at the conference.

schweaty

Quote from: geise on 05/10/2017, 01:35 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 05/10/2017, 03:43 AMDamn you LRG !!! They get the physical release for wonderboy the dragons trap.
Well there goes any chance of people being able to get it without hitting f5 to pre-order. That's a game that shouldn't be in a limited release.

Oh a few weeks ago I went to the East Coast Gaming conference in Raleigh, NC.  Limited Run games was there selling their warez.  The CEO of LRG and Mighty Rabbit was there to give a session on how to keep your game company afloat.  Also, they were selling games that were "sold out" on their site at the conference.
Just pre-order it from play-asia and save yourself the stress

Medic_wheat

They state that games they have to sale that where previously sold out are a "small selection of held over back catalogue that every game company does". They sighted how Natsume sold some old back stock of SNES games on their eBay store for auction as such an example.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: TDIRunner on 05/08/2017, 11:31 AMIf they are remaking Night Trap, it would be nice if they would offer some type of bonus feature that would allow you to watch all of the scenes without worrying about catching the monsters.
I believe this is planned.

nectarsis

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/10/2017, 05:18 PM
Quote from: TDIRunner on 05/08/2017, 11:31 AMIf they are remaking Night Trap, it would be nice if they would offer some type of bonus feature that would allow you to watch all of the scenes without worrying about catching the monsters.
I honestly think it should also have the untouched original
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Gypsy

So LRG is upset that another company (PQube) is releasing one of their upcoming games in Europe. Crying about how they might not sell out and everything. I'm just sitting on twitter and
IMG

sirhcman

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/10/2017, 02:51 PMThey sighted how Natsume sold some old back stock of SNES games on their eBay store for auction as such an example.
LOL

TR0N

I don't know if i'll bother with the LRG release.I may just import it instead from play-asia,since it will be multi-language.Though i think it would be better if some one else publish the game for na.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 05/10/2017, 09:38 PMSo LRG is upset that another company (PQube) is releasing one of their upcoming games in Europe. Crying about how they might not sell out and everything. I'm just sitting on twitter and IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 05/10/2017, 09:38 PMSo LRG is upset that another company (PQube) is releasing one of their upcoming games in Europe. Crying about how they might not sell out and everything. I'm just sitting on twitter and IMG
Yes I remember their post. I just double checked and I gunk they deleted the more whinny tweets.

I can't quit remember the content of their teeetes but it seemed more to me their issues where

-getting less copies to print because they are not making it for additional territories

-not being told of the other company doing a RU release and that they where first to go in agreement

-compromising that they get to release first so they can sell off their stock so they have an edge over their competitors.

sirhcman

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/11/2017, 08:31 AM
Yes I remember their post. I just double checked and I gunk they deleted the more whinny tweets.

I can't quit remember the content of their teeetes but it seemed more to me their issues where

-getting less copies to print because they are not making it for additional territories

-not being told of the other company doing a RU release and that they where first to go in agreement

-compromising that they get to release first so they can sell off their stock so they have an edge over their competitors.
When customers have complained to LRG for not making enough copies of specific titles they like to put the blame back on the developer by stating that the company holding the game rights can contract with other companies to get additional copies of the game made. I guess when that does happen (albeit rarely) they like to throw a hissy fit

crazydean

Fuck LRG. If someone beats them at their own game then good. Bunch of damn babies.

Gentlegamer

I'm keeping my play-asia pre-order for Wonder Boy.
IMG

Gypsy

I love that this forum isn't a damn LRG safe space like a few others are, as well as twitter typically is too with a bunch of random defendos that would rush to LRG's aid if they ate a human baby live on stream.

TDIRunner

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/10/2017, 05:18 PM
That is good to know. 

I've skipped several of the more recent LRG releases because I wasn't interested in playing them, but I will probably jump on the Night Trap release.
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Mathius

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 05/11/2017, 10:25 AMI'm keeping my play-asia pre-order for Wonder Boy.
Same

ParanoiaDragon

Thinking about getting Mutant Mudds.  I already have the digital releases & beat them a couple months ago, so I'm a little on the fence.  I had someone recomend Risk of Rain to me, but, aside from the grafx, it doesn't sound super interesting....so I'm not sure.
IMG

Gypsy

They are asking $50 for a game that's on sale right now for $1. DON'T GIVE IN.

Gentlegamer

Quote from: Gypsy on 05/11/2017, 10:56 AMI love that this forum isn't a damn LRG safe space like a few others are, as well as twitter typically is too with a bunch of random defendos that would rush to LRG's aid if they ate a human baby live on stream.
LRG has been completely off my radar. When I first heard of it, I though it was great that download games are getting physical releases... then I saw that it's just another element that caters to collectards.
IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 05/12/2017, 11:52 AM
Quote from: Gypsy on 05/11/2017, 10:56 AMI love that this forum isn't a damn LRG safe space like a few others are, as well as twitter typically is too with a bunch of random defendos that would rush to LRG's aid if they ate a human baby live on stream.
LRG has been completely off my radar. When I first heard of it, I though it was great that download games are getting physical releases... then I saw that it's just another element that caters to collectards.
I think they started out with good intentions, and they've published some really good titles like Shantae and the Oddworlds, I just think they are pushing it now.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 05/12/2017, 05:50 PM
I think they started out with good intentions, and they've published some really good titles like Shantae and the Oddworlds, I just think they are pushing it now.
Not sure about their intentions, but I know their attitude on twitter is just poor. I don't engage them there but I've seen a lot and it's not good. They all but tell people to eat shit because they will continue to sell things out. The worst part is so far, they are right.

Anyway yeah, they sometimes put out a game worth grabbing. The majority are below average games that are regularly $5 or less. I found it very fitting that Mutant Mudds was $1 on steam this week when LRG split the game in two and charged $50 for it. Of course Ys Origins goes on sale digitally and I'm tard enough to want it in physical form.......

Mathius

This is taken from their website. Sounds kinda collectardy to me in a few ways.

QuoteWe are Limited Run Games a publisher of limited run physical games for PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 4. We focus on bringing games that were previously only available in a digital format to a physical medium. We're game collectors and players who fear the prophesied all-digital future. We hope that we're not crazy to think that there are other people like us that still want physical games.

At Limited Run Games our releases truly are limited. Once a game sells out, it will never be available from us again! We believe that as collectors and consumers you should be able to trust when we say our games are limited. They are!

All Limited Run Games are part of the Limited Run Collection with each release being numbered. All releases and their numbering can be easily identified by the Limited Run stamp on the back of the game's cover.

Our goal is to serve gamers and collectors by bringing physicality back to games. Please support us in this goal and try to collect the entire Limited Run Collection! Sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter for the latest information on our releases.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Gypsy on 05/12/2017, 06:11 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/12/2017, 05:50 PM
Not sure about their intentions, but I know their attitude on twitter is just poor. I don't engage them there but I've seen a lot and it's not good. They all but tell people to eat shit because they will continue to sell things out. The worst part is so far, they are right.

Anyway yeah, they sometimes put out a game worth grabbing. The majority are below average games that are regularly $5 or less. I found it very fitting that Mutant Mudds was $1 on steam this week when LRG split the game in two and charged $50 for it. Of course Ys Origins goes on sale digitally and I'm tard enough to want it in physical form.......
The 2 Mutant Mudds games on PSN are indeed, 2 games.  There was a special deal where you could get both at the same time for cheaper, & that's what I did.  But generally speaking, at least on PSN(not sure about Steam), they're considered 2 seperate games.  I would've loved to bought both on 1 cart.  I ended up buying them both.  I really enjoyed the games, plus, I can always resell them down the road.
IMG

Gypsy

Looks like Super Challenge is normally separate on Steam as well, so my bad on that. And yeah if you wanted them that's cool. I've found that I often end up just buying the digital release in a lot of cases. Like Xeodrifter is $1 right now on Steam as well.

Flare65

I think they need to up the quality of some of the games they put out.  About half of them are shit-tier shovel ware games that are no better than whats on the iOS store for $1.99  **cough cough  Nova-111, cough cough** 

Also, where is my fucking Skull Girls pre order that was supposed to be released months ago????

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Flare65 on 05/14/2017, 10:51 PMI think they need to up the quality of some of the games they put out.  About half of them are shit-tier shovel ware games that are no better than whats on the iOS store for $1.99  **cough cough  Nova-111, cough cough** 

Also, where is my fucking Skull Girls pre order that was supposed to be released months ago????
I too am waiting for that pre order.

Personally they can have as MUCH shovel ware BS they want. It drains the wallets of the colletards who need to own every game and variant cover.

That way I can pick and chose the titles I want. With the hope that others drain their wallets on all the crap.

The one thing I do like is if I get a game. And I should dislike it I can re-sell it for the initial price I paid at the lest.

Although every time I have ever seen a LR game for sale or trade they have always been sealed with the seller stating "I owned it digitally/double copy so I didn't need to open it" as a lame justification for why they never opened the game.

Some will even admit that they bought the game just to have a physical copy with no intent to open it because hey already had it digitally or can get it digitally later. People if you buy a game just to put it on your shelf with no intention of oepimg it up and playing it as a physical medium then why get the freaking game?  Yeah this last part is at Johny Millinium or Happy Gamer you've Chanel. I saw your recent picket video and how you bought a game just to put it in your shelf. I make this statement here as you clearly come to this forum often and follow everything I have ever posted. Lol.

nectarsis

Annnnd now they announce Darius for the Vita, US this summer June 23rd I believe..... how much you want to bet limited edition announcement next week.

Gypsy

Quote from: nectarsis on 05/15/2017, 05:50 PMAnnnnd now they announce Darius for the Vita, US this summer June 23rd I believe..... how much you want to bet limited edition announcement next week.
Kind of silly that they didn't just do Vita and PS4 at the same time.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 05/15/2017, 06:16 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 05/15/2017, 05:50 PMAnnnnd now they announce Darius for the Vita, US this summer June 23rd I believe..... how much you want to bet limited edition announcement next week.
Kind of silly that they didn't just do Vita and PS4 at the same time.
Same. Or at lest announce then both so I could have opted for the Vita port.

nectarsis

the way they did this is just leading to more collectard money I'm not quadruple dipping

Gypsy

Quote from: nectarsis on 05/15/2017, 09:54 PMthe way they did this is just leading to more collectard money I'm not quadruple dipping
Exactly lol.

They haven't gotten a dime from me on this. Not that they need my dimes but I'm fine with my Japanese copy.

jtucci31

Motherfucker now they're doing the Darius Vita release?! Goddamn I would have bought that first honestly. Looks like I'll have both. I'm such a damn sheep, never thought I'd get swept up in the LRG craze,

nectarsis

they updated price $49.99 not really beating the import price they claim they would by much if at all

Gypsy

Quote from: nectarsis on 05/15/2017, 10:55 PMthey updated price $49.99 not really beating the import price they claim they would by much if at all
Yeah not at all if you go by the original price.

Qty    Item    Price
1    Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours *PAX0007367358*
1    Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (English) *PAX0007644186*

Sub-Total    99.98
   Shipping ( Title eco box reg )    5.90

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 05/15/2017, 10:04 PMMotherfucker now they're doing the Darius Vita release?! Goddamn I would have bought that first honestly. Looks like I'll have both. I'm such a damn sheep, never thought I'd get swept up in the LRG craze,
I am on a fb page for vita/psp collectors. And my God vita owners seem to have the mind set of "gotta own them all".

I am cheaper with my vita buying and try to keep t to games I'll enjoy. Or st the lest work on the ps tv.

NecroPhile

I think a lot of 'em got started collecting before LRG, back when the entire US library was ~120 titles and most were easy to find and relatively cheap.  That's a pretty dumb primary reason to get a full set, I guess, and now with LRG (and others) it's got one heck of a lot more tedious and expensive.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

TDIRunner

Quote from: guest on 05/16/2017, 09:58 AMI think a lot of 'em got started collecting before LRG, back when the entire US library was ~120 titles and most were easy to find and relatively cheap.  That's a pretty dumb primary reason to get a full set, I guess, and now with LRG (and others) it's got one heck of a lot more tedious and expensive.
I'm seeing the same thing happen with the Wii U.  Since the library is so small (around 150) people see an opportunity to get a full set without spending the kind of money that it takes to get something like a full NES set.  I've seen people get super excited to find out a Wii U game has been canceled because it's one less game they have to get.

Same goes for LRG.  I know some people only care about the full set.  While I doubt anyone would admit it openly, I guarantee you that there are a few people who secretly want LRG to fold and out out of business so that there will be no future releases, and they full set can become "official."   :roll:
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Gypsy

Quote from: TDIRunner on 05/16/2017, 11:22 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/16/2017, 09:58 AMI think a lot of 'em got started collecting before LRG, back when the entire US library was ~120 titles and most were easy to find and relatively cheap.  That's a pretty dumb primary reason to get a full set, I guess, and now with LRG (and others) it's got one heck of a lot more tedious and expensive.
I'm seeing the same thing happen with the Wii U.  Since the library is so small (around 150) people see an opportunity to get a full set without spending the kind of money that it takes to get something like a full NES set.  I've seen people get super excited to find out a Wii U game has been canceled because it's one less game they have to get.

Same goes for LRG.  I know some people only care about the full set.  While I doubt anyone would admit it openly, I guarantee you that there are a few people who secretly want LRG to fold and out out of business so that there will be no future releases, and they full set can become "official."   :roll:
Fuck them. Seriously that's idiotic.

Medic_wheat

Shadow WRrior 2 is getting a limited physical release for the PS4.

https://www.specialreservegames.com

Pre-orders went up today at $39.99 plus shipping/tax. Only 2,500 PS4 pressed. (Don't know if this is total or seperated for PS4 single pre orders, PC/PS4 bundle, and BIG WANG (50).

I was a fan of the PC 90s original and enjoyed the reboot games on the PS4 (which is at $14 used at GS).

Here is a chance to get the sequel.

BIG WANG edition is sold out. I missed the boat.

Medic_wheat

Limited run has also announced MANY games

To many to list.

-Darius burst Vita
-broken age (next month) PS4
-night trap PS4
-Furi PS4

These interest me.

exodus

I will say the good thing about all the collector jerkoffs buying every single limited run game - when I release one later in the year, I know exactly how much money I'm going to get and how many people will buy it.

glazball

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/24/2017, 01:06 PMShadow WRrior 2 is getting a limited physical release for the PS4.

Pre-orders went up today at $39.99 plus shipping/tax. Only 2,500 PS4 pressed. (Don't know if this is total or seperated for PS4 single pre orders, PC/PS4 bundle, and BIG WANG (50).
I preordered from SRG already, but fwiw, apparently LRG will be releasing Shadow Warrior 2 too only it will just be the sequel (SRG's release will have discs for both 1 and 2, similar to the first print of Bayonetta 2 on Wii U).

I'm still waiting for my copy of Strafe from SRG also.  It was supposed to start shipping this week but I haven't heard a peep from them.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Medic_wheat

Quote from: glazball on 05/26/2017, 11:08 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/24/2017, 01:06 PMShadow WRrior 2 is getting a limited physical release for the PS4.

I preordered from SRG already, but fwiw, apparently LRG will be releasing Shadow Warrior 2 too only it will just be the sequel (SRG's release will have discs for both 1 and 2, similar to the first print of Bayonetta 2 on Wii U).

I'm still waiting for my copy of Strafe from SRG also.  It was supposed to start shipping this week but I haven't heard a peep from them.
Oh I didn't realize SRG will have both shadow warrior games on their physical release sweet.

Yeah they shot out a twitter and fb post stating how the shipping already started for the PS4 copies of Straif. Only there was a glitch in the email system and many of the orders shipped did not send email shipping/tracking info.   At least they made a statement. They should have sent a mass email personally as well.

glazball

Good to hear, thanks for the info!  It looks like SRG is here in Texas about 3 hours away from me, so maybe it will even show up this weekend.

I've really been having fun with procedurally generated games lately, like Ziggurat and a dinky game called Tower of Guns which I bought for maybe $12 on Amazon.  Damn if they aren't addictive in that quarter-munching kind of way.  Hopefully I'll be able to say the same about Strafe.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Medic_wheat

Quote from: glazball on 05/26/2017, 12:41 PMGood to hear, thanks for the info!  It looks like SRG is here in Texas about 3 hours away from me, so maybe it will even show up this weekend.

I've really been having fun with procedurally generated games lately, like Ziggurat and a dinky game called Tower of Guns which I bought for maybe $12 on Amazon.  Damn if they aren't addictive in that quarter-munching kind of way.  Hopefully I'll be able to say the same about Strafe.
My copy just came in today. Small brown paper mailer.

schweaty

Anybody else notice LRG didn't sell out yesterday?  Copies still available today

bartre

Quote from: schweaty on 06/10/2017, 12:53 PMAnybody else notice LRG didn't sell out yesterday?  Copies still available today
Kinda surprising, considering the hype that *was* around broken age at launch.
did anyone here actually play it? I'm just too lazy to grab download titles until they're super cheap.

I nabbed it though, as well as Deemo.
I know it's basically a phone game, but i'm a perpetual sucker for rhythm games and I had almost imported the damned thing a dozen times already.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: bartre on 06/10/2017, 03:12 PM
Quote from: schweaty on 06/10/2017, 12:53 PMAnybody else notice LRG didn't sell out yesterday?  Copies still available today
Kinda surprising, considering the hype that *was* around broken age at launch.
did anyone here actually play it? I'm just too lazy to grab download titles until they're super cheap.

I nabbed it though, as well as Deemo.
I know it's basically a phone game, but i'm a perpetual sucker for rhythm games and I had almost imported the damned thing a dozen times already.
I just picked up both vita titles. I forgot about it yesterday was entirely to busy at work even for my lunch break. However coopies still left and figure what the f.

Flare65

Skipped both Vita games.  Thought it was odd I got an email from them the next day stating they were still avalible.

I appreciate they are supporting the Vita, but I'm just not paying $25.00 for shitty iOS games or games I can get on Steam for less than $2.00 (i.e. Mutant Mudds).  They need more games like Soldner X2 and Oddworld: Stranger's Wraith.