RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/28/2014, 07:57 AMFinally managed to get a complete copy of Cameltry.  Besides being an amazing port of the arcade game with some extra features, every copy included an unusual contraption which turns the mouse into an analog spinner.  Simple but works very well for this game, as well as other analog 2 axis games like Arkanoid 2 and Metal Orange EX.

IMG
IMG
It appears that the silver knob on top rotates (spins) the white circular platform below the mouse...so, if you have a rubber ball mouse, it will register the movement. Correct?

Pretty interesting.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

bob

brilliant simplicity.
i love it.

xcrement5x

Quote from: galam on 04/27/2014, 12:57 PMI have never seen or heard of either of these PS1 games, so for $5 each, I grabbed them.

/games/spider.jpg[/img]

Also picked up Lords of Thunder and Bravoman on the bays.
Spider is a weird but fun game.  I played it back in HS and picked up a copy about a year ago, but all I really remember is that you can equip your spider with bombs and other weird stuff while platforming.  Oh, and other spiders explode into flames.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Joe Redifer

I always thought that "Cameltry" was perhaps one of the most stupid names for a game. I was gonna put it in the X68000 episode until I found out that it's on the Super Nintendo as On the Ball or something like that. Great game despite the dumb name.

Mathius

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/28/2014, 10:36 PMI always thought that "Cameltry" was perhaps one of the most stupid names for a game. I was gonna put it in the X68000 episode until I found out that it's on the Super Nintendo as On the Ball or something like that. Great game despite the dumb name.
I played Cameltry back when I first bought the Taito Legends collection for PS2. The game almost looked like its arcade board had SNES Mode 7 tech as part of its architecture.

ToyMachine78

InfraMan

Nice, D&D Heroes and Jade Empire... two of my favorite Xbox games!  =D&gt;

Nando

I had so much fun with Jade Empire. It looked great and the combat system was fun.

NecroPhile

Copies of Pyramid Patrol and Hyperion showed up recently.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Digi.k

finally caved in a bought a wii u

/fcda422b76dbcd14dc5db38e9f0f71a2.jpg
/97d2efe8dc74fa99bc3162d940fb2a85.jpg

BlueBMW

Quote from: Digi.k on 04/29/2014, 10:54 AMfinally caved in a bought a wii u
Awesome!  I picked up the Zelda Wii U also.  Be sure to pick up Super Mario 3D World... it really is quite excellent!

Quote from: guest on 04/29/2014, 10:04 AMCopies of Pyramid Patrol and Hyperion showed up recently.  :mrgreen:
FEKA LD?? :shock:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Nando on 04/29/2014, 09:55 AMI had so much fun with Jade Empire. It looked great and the combat system was fun.
Yeah its a great game. I owned it years ago, so when I saw it for cheap I couldn't resist.

InfraMan

Congrats on the Wii U! You should look into picking up Lego City Undercover, it was seriously one of the best games I played last year.

hoobs88

IMG

Baby Metal
Imported this CD from Japan after becoming addicted to their Youtube videos.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

bob

/97d2efe8dc74fa99bc3162d940fb2a85.jpg
Im AMPED for mario kart.

ToyMachine78

I bought one Wii, won't make the mistake twice. I think 10doh needs to go the Sega route. For go hardware and sell their software
Not to poop on anyone's party lol

BlueBMW

Quote from: guest on 04/29/2014, 08:41 PMI bought one Wii, won't make the mistake twice. I think 10doh needs to go the Sega route. For go hardware and sell their software
I disagree   I think the Wii U is better than most people give it credit for.  For that matter, there is quite a bit of good stuff on the Wii.  I wouldnt consider either system a failure.

ApolloBoy

Quote from: guest on 04/29/2014, 08:41 PMNot to poop on anyone's party lol
I think you kind of are honestly.
IMG

ToyMachine78

Seriously, I respect folks who still dig Nintendo. I like their IP too, just not enough to lay down cash on the hardware. I'd rather spend that money buying games for my NES or Turbo

ToyMachine78

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/29/2014, 09:07 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/29/2014, 08:41 PMI bought one Wii, won't make the mistake twice. I think 10doh needs to go the Sega route. For go hardware and sell their software
I disagree   I think the Wii U is better than most people give it credit for.  For that matter, there is quite a bit of good stuff on the Wii.  I wouldnt consider either system a failure.
You are right sir... by numbers the Wii was a huge sales success. But there are no statistics to show who still actually plays the thing, or who sold theirs.

Mine got a corrupted hard disk sector which caused me to lose about 15 Wii store games

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 04/29/2014, 09:10 PMI'd rather spend that money buying games for my NES or Turbo
That's exactly how I've been feeling lately whenever i get the urge to buy a Wii U. I always think to myself, "well i could get that Turbo game I've been wanting to play instead" and then have some change leftover in the mix of things.

Mathius

Agreed. I really want to see Nintendo bounce back more though.

ToyMachine78

I would like to see the big N back too, but they just seem to make dumb decision after dumb decision where hardware and software format are concerned.

TheClash603

Quote from: Mathius on 04/29/2014, 09:31 PM
Agreed. I really want to see Nintendo bounce back more though.
Third'd

I love the games, I just wish they didnt make such a marketing mess with the system.  Started with one foot in the grave.

jeffhlewis

My inner Sega fanboy wants them to burn so I can dance on their grave.

The original Wii though had a shit ton of damn good (and cheap) software; I keep discovering stuff I missed like L.A. Machine Guns / Gunblade NY Collection for like $5 new.

MrFlutterPie

Nintendo still makes quality handhelds though.  I can't remember a game being as good as A Link between Worlds in the last decade.

Hell I crossed the 200 DS mark recently and I still find new and interesting things for the system.

TR0N

IMG

IMG
Congrats man i'm a wii u owner myself and i been enjoying the console so far.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SmaMan

I for one do not understand all the doom-mongering on the Wii U. I got one at launch and have had a hell of a fun time with it. Not to mention, with Wii mode you can obey off-TV on the GamePad!

Anyway, got me some imports today.
IMG
$100 Million Dollar Kid
Hokuto No Ken 2
and Gokujou Parodius! (I'm actually surprised how up to par this one is with the Saturn/Arcade version. There's even 3 more characters!)
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

Nando

I want a Wii U solely for the Nintendo franchises. I'll wait for it to drop in price some.

bob

Thanks to SPARKY!!!

/bravo.jpg

ToyMachine78

Quote from: galam on 05/01/2014, 01:30 PMThanks to SPARKY!!!
/bravo.jpg
Big Bird in China? Really ? Lol :)

bob

Quote from: guest on 05/01/2014, 02:43 PM
/bravo.jpg
Big Bird in China? Really ? Lol :)
The 60 cents it cost me at a thrift store was already worth that reaction alone.

Digi.k

that plumber is back in my collection again...

/bd60d6f9ec8aaa85d571866d55492e14.jpg

SmaMan

/bravo.jpg
I used to watch that movie all the time when I was a wee lad, hah!
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.

Sparky

/games/bravo.jpg[/img]
Haha.. Your welcome.. The other version I have is "Big Bird Does China"
snuffleupagus and Big birds journey.

synbiosfan

Quote from: guest on 05/01/2014, 09:10 PMHaha.. Your welcome.. The other version I have is "Big Bird Does China"
snuffleupagus and Big birds journey.
So Big Bird did a snuff(leupagus) film???

BlueBMW

Quote from: Digi.k on 05/01/2014, 05:00 PMthat plumber is back in my collection again...
All excellent choices... As was advised to me though, play the Galaxy games first... even though you'll be super tempted to play 3d World (you can play a ways into it if you want.. but later there might be some galaxy spoilers)

jordan_hillman

Technically bought this Wednesday, but I'm stoked as hell! It's been a long time since I've played this bad boy... err girl...

i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/xihatexsx/IMG_1373.jpg
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

xcrement5x

Just got a box from Japan with some goodies I'd been waiting on!

First some PCE Games:
IMG

3 Copies of F1 Circus
3 Copies of Fire Pro Wrestling 3
Tanjou Debut (w/ obi, reg, insert)

All were cheap cheap cheap in like the 50 yen range.  I grabbed the dupes so that I can gut the cases for some of my other games that I have hu/manual for but no case.  Unfortunately I didn't realize Fire Pro Wrestling 3 uses the later style Arcade Card cases.  At least it was only a couple bucks lost in all.

Next some old and some new:
IMG

Two posters, both B3 in the 4-fold style so there are creases, but they were also pretty cheap.
Double sided Arland Series poster - Atelier Rorona & Totori on one side, where the back is Atelier Meruru
Ys IV: Dawn of Ys Poster - This looks like it's from a copy of PC Engine fan maybe. 

More posters, of the GameArts kind:
IMG

Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete Promo Poster
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Promo Poster

These posters were a bit more expensive than the others, but still a tiny fraction of what people want for them in the US.  You can tell they're used but there still no pinholes and they look really nice, they are also a solid B2 (19.7" x 27.8") in size.  I love Lunar stuff when I can find it cheap, these were no exception.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

SmaMan

Nice stash! Fire Pro Wrestling 3 was one of the first games I got for my PC Engine. Let me know if you figure out how to play it. I sure can't. :P

MrFlutterPie

I got the new Kirby game for the 3DS.  I have always been a fan of Kirby so grabbed it today while doing my grocery shopping.

munchiaz

Stuff i got today. Thanks goes to Bartre for the Dracula kun

IMG

Mathius

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/02/2014, 08:04 PMStuff i got today. Thanks goes to Bartre for the Dracula kun

IMG
It's a shame Retro Zone doesn't do many repros anymore. They were of high quality. Yeah flash carts are making repros unneeded but they were still hella good lookin'

TheClash603

Went to my local flea market on Saturday and got the sad news it will be closing on May 25 so I had to buy a few items.

Kirby Squeak Squad DS
Castle of Illusion Genesis
Wolrd of Illusion Genesis

I will go back the final weekend to hopefully get some last day good deals and to cry because my favorite place from my childhood is closing.  It has been a great thirty years at least

Also picked up Alex Kidd in Shinobi World off eBay on the cheaper side of that games price, because it is missing the case insert.  Game has been on my watch list a long time!

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Digi.k on 05/01/2014, 05:00 PMthat plumber is back in my collection again...

IMG
I loved Super Mario Galaxy. Got Galaxy 2. Played it for a few worlds and got bored with it. Never came back. Got 3D World. Also became bored with it.

bob

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

munchiaz

^ wish i could get access to the Japanese 3ds eshop