@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

PC Engine-FX Picture Thread (Formerly "Mugs")

Started by Ninja Spirit, 09/02/2005, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: Keranu on 12/07/2006, 11:55 PMAs far as describing those pics, I guess I would describe them as personal pics of Stephen Baldwin with his friends and family. I remember one of the pics was Mr. Baldwin carrying some new Apple Mac computer.
Awesome. After reading your descriptions, I think I have a better idea of what Joe is like :). Thanks.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keranu

Quote from: stevek666 on 12/08/2006, 12:04 AMAwesome. After reading your descriptions, I think I have a better idea of what Joe is like :). Thanks.
Behind that old, dark mask, I don't think Joe is the kind of guy that he claims to be on these boards. When I stare into those big eyes of his, I imagine a much more humble guy, one who loves to spend time with his friends and family :) . I think his Shinobi innuendo is his way of discovering people through message boards, so he can share any stories he comes across with his beloved family and friends.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Hobo Xiphas

IMG

Joe Redifer

I've never done a Crackdown remix.  Never even tried!  Anyway the site you describe sounds like the old www.redifer.com I used to have (no longer works).  I bought the domain name and literally ran the website on my PC in the basement here.  I have since let the domain expire... well it does in a few days I think, but the PC is powered down.  That's the only place that the Mac-carrying pic ever was.  I like friends and family, sure, but to be honest I'm usually quite the loner.  Not because I'm not the epitome of manliness or anything, I just am not a party hardy gotta-go-out-all-the-time kind of guy.

Anyway it looks like I can link straight to my MySpace pics I think.  I hope these don't show for me just because of my cache.  Let me know if you guys see these pics:

/1081091621_l.jpg
Me playing some videogame in the arcade by Sega with 3 screens.

/492191287_l.jpg
Me (right) in a short video about a gun with a built in cell phone which also plays videogames.

/1264285226_l.jpg
Me on the lift during a recent local music video shoot.

And finally...
/1081092909_l.jpg
Me getting my ass kicked in a recent "Choose Your Own Adventure" type of video.

ParanoiaDragon

The pics showed up great!
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: Xiphas on 12/08/2006, 03:14 AMlazerdorks.org/~xiphas/xiphas.jpg
This is me believe it or not. I was trying to find this picture awhile ago to post it in another thread!

Quote from: Joe Redifer/492191287_l.jpg
This pic looks especially Stephan Baldwin-ish!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Joe Redifer

Before he got chunky I hope.  I guess I should be thankful it's Stephen and not Alec!

Seldane

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/08/2006, 04:31 AMI guess I should be thankful it's Stephen and not Alec!
Word! Totally word!  =;
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: guest on 12/07/2006, 11:56 PM
Quote from: Keranu on 12/07/2006, 09:52 PMI've seen some pictures of you before Joe, but after seeing your picture on that MySpace, I have to say that you bare a striking resemblence to Stephen Baldwin.  :mrgreen:
You right! If Stephen Baldwin ever cleaned himself up(although he's supposed to have kicked coke thanks to Jesus).
It's true. I saw him on "Praise the Lord" on TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network) awhile back.

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/08/2006, 03:21 AMMe (right) in a short video about a gun with a built in cell phone which also plays videogames.

Me getting my ass kicked in a recent "Choose Your Own Adventure" type of video.
Hey, are you teasing me? :) Seriously, is there really a gun + cell phone combo? And was the CYOA type of video interactive (i.e. like the old FMV titles) where the viewer gets to make choices at certain points and the content branches accordingly?

I ask because my brothers and I have wanted to make an interactive DVD movie (akin to a digital comic). I know it sounds lame but we are going to do it one of these years.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: stevek666Hey, are you teasing me? :) Seriously, is there really a gun + cell phone combo?
That video is fictional.  The gun plays movies, too.  It is also shown playing Space Harrier.

Quote from: stevek666And was the CYOA type of video interactive (i.e. like the old FMV titles) where the viewer gets to make choices at certain points and the content branches accordingly?  I ask because my brothers and I have wanted to make an interactive DVD movie (akin to a digital comic). I know it sounds lame but we are going to do it one of these years.
Yes, the user gets to choose the path.  There are 10 different endings, actually 11 if you count the suicide one.  An average trip from beginning to end takes less than 5 minutes or so.

Keranu

I've had this idea in my head for awhile of making a game similar to J.B. Harold Murder Club, except taking pictures of my lovely town of Crete, Illinois and having a different storyline.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/08/2006, 07:54 PM
Quote from: stevek666Hey, are you teasing me? :) Seriously, is there really a gun + cell phone combo?
That video is fictional.  The gun plays movies, too.  It is also shown playing Space Harrier.

Quote from: stevek666And was the CYOA type of video interactive (i.e. like the old FMV titles) where the viewer gets to make choices at certain points and the content branches accordingly?  I ask because my brothers and I have wanted to make an interactive DVD movie (akin to a digital comic). I know it sounds lame but we are going to do it one of these years.
Yes, the user gets to choose the path.  There are 10 different endings, actually 11 if you count the suicide one.  An average trip from beginning to end takes less than 5 minutes or so.
1. The gun + phone + game = ultimate convergence device!
2. The fact that you have made a CYOA movie has rekindled an old project. :)

Kitsunexus

The thread recieves a Phoenix Down.

I'm not a looker, and I'm overweight, but I dont care. If you wanna laugh, laugh.

Here's me, in 2005:

Arivva! Arivva! Ondele!

Here's some from 2006 (taken with a SHIT pencam):

Here's 2 I just took (sorry, my hair is really shit in these pics, also my friend says my grin looks too much like Alex's from A Clockwork Orange):
OMFG VTECH! :p
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Joe Redifer

Posting pics like that last one might get you arrested these days!

Tatsujin

he's for sure one scary guy.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Keranu

Kitsunexus, that's pretty close to how I pictured you.
IMG

Hobo Xiphas

I request an image of you in a fursuit

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/25/2007, 08:42 PMPosting pics like that last one might get you arrested these days!
For Airsoft? I thought I made the orange ring obvious enough...

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/25/2007, 09:23 PMhe's for sure one scary guy.
LOL! I actually scared someone! I wins teh cookie!  :dance: j/k ;)

Quote from: Keranu on 04/25/2007, 09:29 PMKitsunexus, that's pretty close to how I pictured you.
I dunno if that's a good thing or bad thing, but I'll assume good. Thanks. :)

Quote from: Xiphas on 04/25/2007, 09:41 PMI request an image of you in a fursuit
I don't have a fursuit, never will. Those things itch, they're unbearably hot to wear, and above all, I'm not that kind of furry.

Keranu

IMG

grahf

Wow, I missed this thread by about 10 years :lol: Well I guess I wasnt even a member when it was started..
But anyhow, here's a picture of me sitting on a crocodile:

selfie-croc-dscn0314.jpg

Tatsujin

didn't recognize this thread before. will post some pictures of mine later.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

termis

Quote from: grahf on 04/25/2007, 11:05 PMWow, I missed this thread by about 10 years :lol: Well I guess I wasnt even a member when it was started..
But anyhow, here's a picture of me sitting on a crocodile:
Whoa dude, that is wild.  Pretty cool stuff.

The pic sorta reminds me of Steve Irwin all of a sudden.  :cry:

gundarN

This picture looks like me:
cyberlead .co .uk/kc/dar4.jpg
Enjoy.

Seldane

Crocodiles rule. Steve Irwin ruled. :(
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG

grahf

You should have seen the performer, he was sticking his head in the crocs mouth. Here's me giving a baby elephant a "milk bong" :D

IMG

Seldane

Very cool. How come you get to do all this cool stuff?
IMG

Turbo D

haha, seriously  :). What zoo is that ?
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

so what's dumbos fav. drink?  :mrgreen:

so d**n cute :D

grahf

I was on vacation in Thailand. It was at "The Million Years Stone Park & Pattaya Crocodile Farm". Pretty badass place to visit, compared to zoos in the US. There was a river running alongside the park, that was just filled with wild crocodiles. We went out on this deck, and about 15 feet below were crocs the size of cows. The best part, is they would sell you chicken carcass' and let you feed them with a long pole and rope. Ive got videos of that, but dont know where to host them.

here's a picture of me after a night out drinking:

IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: grahf on 04/26/2007, 12:57 PMIve got videos of that, but dont know where to host them.
Uh, Youtube?  :lol: Seriously, basic free accounts give you 10 minute per video, and Director's accounts give you unlimted (they are free too, I believe, but you have to be approved).

http://www.youtube.com

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 04/26/2007, 05:42 PM
Quote from: grahf on 04/26/2007, 12:57 PMIve got videos of that, but dont know where to host them.
Uh, Youtube?  :lol: Seriously, basic free accounts give you 10 minute per video, and Director's accounts give you unlimted (they are free too, I believe, but you have to be approved).

Its no longer like that. it's 10 minutes no matter what now as of recently, because people abused the 10+ minutes. However, if you became a director before the middle of January 07 (such as myself) you can still have unlimited time.

My new pics as of a week ago.
/2400609702.jpg

Kitsunexus

Joe Redifer

I have a director's account at Youtube and I am still restricted to 10 minute videos.

Grahf, in the picture of you with the baby elephant, there is a TERRORIST in the background.  I hope you killed him (before asking any questions of course).

Ninja Spirit, what AES games do you have?  And why does everyone in the world have that same white door (including me)?

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/26/2007, 08:44 PMAnd why does everyone in the world have that same white door (including me)?
I have a brown door, thank you very much. ^__^

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/26/2007, 08:44 PMNinja Spirit, what AES games do you have? 
Just 9 games. Robo Army, Magician Lord, KoF2001, Samurai Spirits 1 and 2, Fatal Fury Special, World Heroes 1 and 2 and Last Resort

Joe Redifer

I demand you send me Last Resort.

PCEngineHell

For my 2 Slot MVS I have:
King of Fighters 96.
King of Fighters 98.
King of fighters 99.
King of Fighters 2003.
World Heroes 2.
World Heroes 2 Jet.
Samurai Showdown 1.
Samurai Showdown 2.
Samurai Showdown 3.
Galaxy Fight.
Art of Fighting 1.
Art of Fighting 2.
King of the Monsters 2.
Fatal Fury 1.
Fatal Fury 2.
Ninja Combat.
Bust a Move.
Ninja Masters.
Metal Slug 2.

I have had a AES quite a few times,but never really enjoyed having it around as much because its harder to get games for at a reasonable price,and the Phantom 1 was not a huge help,because it was too painful and finicky to use. I will only mess with MVS these days.  I would like to pick up Last Resort. I have had Blazing Star a few times,but now I want Pulstar.  I may pick up both here real soon,or maybe even all 3.

/2slot.png
2-Slot for the win!

Keranu

MVS is the way to go  8) .
IMG

grahf

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/26/2007, 08:44 PMGrahf, in the picture of you with the baby elephant, there is a TERRORIST in the background.  I hope you killed him (before asking any questions of course).
You'd have to be CRAZY to be a terrorist in that country. They do not fuck around AT ALL. Everyone sincerely loves the king. If you drop money, dont stop it with your foot because you'd be stepping on the kings face. I had a girl tell me that if I made fun of the king she'd kill me :shock:.

And this guy on the left, thats the motherfucker that shoots you in your tracks if you try running into the palace (seriously). Those guys are just like the guards in brittian, not allowed to smile.

IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 04/26/2007, 08:38 PM
Quote from: Kitsunexus on 04/26/2007, 05:42 PM

Its no longer like that. it's 10 minutes no matter what now as of recently, because people abused the 10+ minutes. However, if you became a director before the middle of January 07 (such as myself) you can still have unlimited time.

My new pics as of a week ago.
/3139072916.jpg
Nice now we need a video for don't neglect the Neo-Geo  :wink:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

My Neo is used to being neglected since systems like the Genesis, TurboGrafx-16, Master System, Saturn, SNES, NES, etc are so much better.  At least the AES looks cool, though (unlike consolized MVS's).

TR0N

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/26/2007, 10:32 PMMy Neo is used to being neglected since systems like the Genesis, TurboGrafx-16, Master System, Saturn, SNES, NES, etc are so much better.  At least the AES looks cool, though (unlike consolized MVS's).
Eh i don't think a cmvs look that bad.

Just as long it has a custom case for it and i've seen fans come, up with some sweet ones too.

Mine of corse just has the metal cover painted green.

Still it plays the games wich is good enough for me.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Ninja Spirit

My Neo's kinda been neglected too to be honest. No 2nd pad/stick (I also have a Neo Geo CD pad, but the d-pad is unresponsive, in addition, my Neo Geo CD top loader system is S-H-O-T, but am holding on to my NGCD games for when I get a CDZ in the future). Despite its bad condition, my friend who gave me his system has been deceased for over a year, and I'm keeping it in his memory.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/26/2007, 10:32 PMMy Neo is used to being neglected since systems like the Genesis, TurboGrafx-16, Master System, Saturn, SNES, NES, etc are so much better.  At least the AES looks cool, though (unlike consolized MVS's).
I don't use consolized units. I use a supergun. The AES system does look great,but a 2-Slot stomps it in functionality with the 2 slots, 2 ear phone out jacks,led credit counter,stereo speaker out and memory card port,and dip support. Plus if your anal you can add a unibios in like 5 mins. If your going to do a basic consolizing of one without paint it will only take a few hours,although I dont like doing it to them myself. Im more of a purist and like to leave the hardware alone.

MVS carts are way more durable too. I cant stand AES carts because the casing is flimsy and doesn't even use fuckin screws. Really lame.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 04/26/2007, 11:32 PMI don't use consolized units. I use a supergun.
A supergun is a consolized arcade mobo though... ¬_¬

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 04/26/2007, 11:40 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 04/26/2007, 11:32 PMI don't use consolized units. I use a supergun.
A supergun is a consolized arcade mobo though... ¬_¬
A supergun is a box with a jamma harness,controller support,power supply,and audio and video out to the jamma board that lets you play arcade boards on a normal tv. The difference between this and a "consolized" board is that there is no modification done to the jamma board at all. You are hooking it up similar to how you would inside a normal cab. Consolizing is typically heavy modification to the jamma pcb,esp in the case of NeoGeo and Atomaswave,as holes are drilled,power supply ports added,direct soldering of extra wires,ect ect. This work is done to fore go the need of a Supergun. This is what people tend to do when they only plan to play MVS or Atomaswave games,and not normal jamma pcbs also.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: PCEngineHellThe AES system does look great,but a 2-Slot stomps it in functionality with the 2 slots
Only one game runs at a time, so more than one slot = useless to me.

Quote from: PCEngineHell2 ear phone out jacks
Why would you need more than one?

Quote from: PCEngineHellled credit counter
Not sure why this would appeal to anyone.

Quote from: PCEngineHellstereo speaker out
The AES has this right on the front middle of the console.  Yes, you can even plug headphones into it.  On eBay I see modded AES's with RCA jacks listed as having "true stereo output!!!!1!!" as if the headphone jack is "fake stereo".  My guess is that the modders are retarded, or perhaps they only expect to sell their systems to retarded people who would buy into such terminology.  I will concede that having all of the wires come from the back of the console is better than some coming from the back and some coming from the front.

Quote from: PCEngineHelland memory card port
Believe it or not, the AES has this wonderful and oh-so-highly-useful feature as well.  I can't imagine using a Neo Geo of any kind without a memory card.  It just adds SOOO MUCH to the game!

Quote from: PCEngineHelland dip support.
You mean dips can't play the AES?  I take that as a compliment!

Keranu

The only advantage you need to be aware of that the MVS has is that the games are a helluva lot cheaper.
IMG

Joe Redifer

If you want cheap, get a NeoGeo CD unit.  Otherwise get a job!