RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?

Started by Dark Fact, 02/16/2006, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: SamIAm on 08/11/2012, 06:52 AMFor that particular track, I agree completely.

Have you listened to the others, though? I thought the MSX2 version of Pleasure of Tension was great, though the SegaCD one is also good.
Wait, this was done for more than one track? Holy cr*p! I didn't realize that. I guess I was too tired before.

I gotta listen to everything!

HOT DAMN ON RYE. :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SamIAm

This should bring up a complete playlist at the bottom of the screen, from entry #1. If not, just search Snatcher OST Comparison.

TR0N

Gamecenter CX-Episode-107 Paris Dakar Special
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

Quote from: TR0N on 08/17/2012, 02:35 AMGamecenter CX-Episode-107 Paris Dakar Special
I am a third of the way through this and it has been wonderful to watch.

OBLIGATORY: The best Paris-Dakar race is VICTORY ROAD :pcgs:

TR0N

Gamecenter CX-DVD Challenge 7-Binary Land
IMG

SuperPlay

Friendly Downtown with Yoiko [Subbed]

SamIAm

Oh god, if there was a button to press whenever I agree with this guy, I would break it while watching his videos.

If you care at all about old-school video game design, you need to watch these.

Mega Man Classic vs. Mega Man X
Castlevania 1 vs. Castlevania 2
The follow up about CV4 is really good, too.

JoshTurboTrollX

Got about an hour to kill?
Also I apologize for the voices getting behind in the final minutes, I'm still working on fixing that for longer videos.  :)
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mathius

Quote from: SamIAm on 08/20/2012, 01:03 AMOh god, if there was a button to press whenever I agree with this guy, I would break it while watching his videos.

If you care at all about old-school video game design, you need to watch these.

Mega Man Classic vs. Mega Man X
Castlevania 1 vs. Castlevania 2
The follow up about CV4 is really good, too.
That was really cool! Easiest subscribe ever!

NightWolve

Quote from: SamIAm on 08/20/2012, 01:03 AMMega Man Classic vs. Mega Man X
Ugh, I endured 10 minutes of it cause of MegaMan nostalgia, but I couldn't take the guy's obnoxious shtick anymore...

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/22/2012, 12:16 PM
Quote from: SamIAm on 08/20/2012, 01:03 AMMega Man Classic vs. Mega Man X
Ugh, I endured 10 minutes of it cause of MegaMan nostalgia, but I couldn't take the guy's obnoxious shtick anymore...
It really did get annoying. I actually thought he made good points, but his delivery (and the editing---cutting out the natural pauses in speech) just irked me.

I am willing to watch one more video to see if he consistently makes good analytical points.

Which one should we watch next? You decide. :pcgs:

SamIAm

The only other one he's made is the Castlevania 1 vs. 2 video, plus a small Castlevania 4 supplement. I'm a huge CV4 fan, but I have to admit, his take on it was right on.

As for his delivery, I dunno, I think it's entertaining. He comes across as passionate and high-energy, he's really good at using his voice, and the editing at least makes me pay close attention so I don't miss anything.

futureman2000

Maybe if there was a longer break between screaming it would be more tolerable. It's definitely hard to watch. And too bad, b/c I'd like to see someone sticking up for Simon's Quest.

roflmao

I've finally updated my YT page with a new gameplay video.  This time Kyukyoku Tiger is up!  It's a pretty short video - I did it TID style; one life.  I cleared the first level, but played chicken with a bullet on level two and lost.  :-"

esteban

Quote from: SamIAm on 08/22/2012, 04:20 PMThe only other one he's made is the Castlevania 1 vs. 2 video, plus a small Castlevania 4 supplement. I'm a huge CV4 fan, but I have to admit, his take on it was right on.

As for his delivery, I dunno, I think it's entertaining. He comes across as passionate and high-energy, he's really good at using his voice, and the editing at least makes me pay close attention so I don't miss anything.
OK, you convinced me to give him another chance. :)

TR0N

Atari 2600 games that don't suck!! Part 2
by metaljesusrocks  :dance:
IMG

SamIAm

Best unintentionally hilarious video ever.
It's from a Jehovah's Witness website, and a series of videos for deaf people warning them about sin. This one is about why you shouldn't masturbate. The second guy...wow...

esteban

Quote from: SamIAm on 09/01/2012, 12:14 PMBest unintentionally hilarious video ever.
It's from a Jehovah's Witness website, and a series of videos for deaf people warning them about sin. This one is about why you shouldn't masturbate. The second guy...wow...
I want to believe that this is real, and not some hilarious gag (!!!), but I'm too jaded.

It's funny, though, no matter what!

IMG Hany, innocent and confused, asks, "I don't get it. Where is the humor in this video?"

SamIAm

It's real. It's in #9.

http://www.jw.org/apps/index.html?option=QrYQFVTrlBBX&selLang=ASL&selPub=732

EDIT: Since there's no sound (duh) I recommend adding background music.

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

esteban

Quote from: SamIAm on 09/01/2012, 12:48 PMIt's real. It's in #9.

http://www.jw.org/apps/index.html?option=QrYQFVTrlBBX&selLang=ASL&selPub=732

EDIT: Since there's no sound (duh) I recommend adding background music.
Awesome. I will be masturbating to these videos tonight. :pcgs:

SuperPlay

bartre

Quote from: SuperPlay on 09/02/2012, 05:29 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 09/01/2012, 01:18 PMMy current addiction  :-"
GANGNAM STYLE :-)
dammit, you made me remember this, so now you all must suffer.

turboswimbz

The comments make this all that much better, sit back and watch the train wreck!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thefoodreviewer?feature=results_main
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

BigusSchmuck

I sat down and watched the whole season of Danger 5.
Have fun with those WTF moments. :P

SuperDeadite

Found a long lost undumped doujin shooter for the X68000. :)
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

kazekirifx

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/04/2012, 08:19 AMFound a long lost undumped doujin shooter for the X68000. :)
Are you releasing it? I may have mentioned once before, I don't collect doujin games, I steal them.

SuperDeadite

Quote from: kazekirifx on 09/04/2012, 09:33 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/04/2012, 08:19 AMFound a long lost undumped doujin shooter for the X68000. :)
Are you releasing it? I may have mentioned once before, I don't collect doujin games, I steal them.
Complicated question.  Technically, I already have released it.  However due to internet moron bullshit, it won't be having an open public release any time soon I'm afraid.  PM me for details.

SuperPlay

SamIAm

Ah yes, the cat-cow pose. Easily the best part of yoga class.

Joe Redifer

SuperDeadite, how do you record X68000 games for Youtube?  They look downscaled a bit.

SuperDeadite

The X68000 outputs only in 31khz, 24khz, and 15khz RGB.  Every game chooses it's own, and the system uses weird resolutions like 512x512 and 768x512.  Some games even cycle between 31 and 15 during the gameplay itself, you really need a trisync monitor to get the most out of the system.  Most recorders, and even a lot of modern monitors don't like the wacky, non-standard signals.

So yes, I use an old downscan converter.  Which downscans the 31 and 24khz games to 15khz RGB and S-Video.  I then feed the S-Video to my DVD recorder, which then rescales everything to 480p.  So yes the quality isn't as nice as I'd like, but it's the only way I can record off the real machine.  Pretty much every X68k vid on youtube is emulated, except mine and a cool Japanese dude.

Joe Redifer

And, someday, Game Sack's.  Thank you for giving me your secrets. Saves me the trouble of spying on you.  :)

RegalSin

IMGIMG

roflmao

OMG, this stuff is so funny.  I just picked the last one I watched, but all of them have been hilarious.

It's called "Bad Lip Reading".

NightWolve

"PEOPLE GETTING SCARED!!!"
Eh, not cool, and he's down one LCD monitor afterwards. ;)

TR0N

Gamecenter CX-Pokemon
While i'm not a fan of the pokemon series it was interesting to watch on how it started,not mention the special for arino trying to complete SMB2.
IMG

RegalSin

https://youtu.be/rUY8HysBzsE
Imagine right now as we live in our plastic universe, this is going on, and nobody thinks nothing of it. Was fifteen, and then remove the one. that is the real the world. No guns, no big club, no suits, and no hackers. A world of educate. They want us to live like wild pigs, and make children, who's lives are launched into nothingness. You can't even imagine.
IMGIMG

TR0N

Gamecenter CX-Episode-123-Kirbys Dream Course
IMG

Nando

Transformers stop motion
TFC MIGHTY HERCULES -STOP MOTION
you gotta see it, SO SMOOTH!

kazekirifx

Ah. Gamecenter CX. I used to watch it sometimes when I used to get cable in Japan. I was surprised to learn later that people subtitle it and put it up on the Net. What's wrong with you people?! I mean, the show is good, but not 'let's subtitle it so that people around the world can enjoy it too' good.

NecroPhile

Quote from: kazekirifx on 09/10/2012, 08:55 PMWhat's wrong with you people?! I mean, the show is good, but not 'let's subtitle it so that people around the world can enjoy it too' good.
Maybe, maybe not - it's still better than 95% of the worthless drivel on youtube.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

kazekirifx

Quote from: guest on 09/11/2012, 09:34 AMMaybe, maybe not - it's still better than 95% of the worthless drivel on youtube.
Hey, remember real TV? I know it's bad, but maybe it's better than spending your time watching worthless drivel.

Nando

Quote from: kazekirifx on 09/10/2012, 08:55 PMAh. Gamecenter CX. I used to watch it sometimes when I used to get cable in Japan. I was surprised to learn later that people subtitle it and put it up on the Net. What's wrong with you people?! I mean, the show is good, but not 'let's subtitle it so that people around the world can enjoy it too' good.
you forget the inherit japaneseness/novelty factor. probably cause u'ved lived there and stuff.

kazekirifx

Quote from: Nando on 09/11/2012, 10:49 PMyou forget the inherit japaneseness/novelty factor. probably cause u'ved lived there and stuff. 
Oh yeah. Forgot that. Probably the same reason I sometimes watch American stuff here in Japan that I probably wouldn't watch back home.

SNKNostalgia

Duo_R

Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

SuperDeadite

Testing the new FM Towns SC-55MkII Midi Card with Genocide

kazekirifx

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/13/2012, 08:15 PMTesting the new FM Towns SC-55MkII Midi Card with Genocide
You, sir, are officially awesome.

RRR